Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Men who don't want to stay in touch with their ex girlfriend      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WesternRose
Msg: 10
Men who don't want to stay in touch with their ex girlfriendPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
No point trying to decipher this... or disect them....or call them Unemotional Eunachs even....

...let's just be resigned to the fact that perhaps they do not want any emotional baggage, or further reminder of a past relationship.

.....unlike US Women who dwell on things and replay it over and over and try to figure out what went wrong..... and we collect old Valentine cards, and dinner menus, his old undies, his first kleenex when he had a nose bleed, all his text messages and emails, etc.... we need to find rhyme and reason WHY he does not stay in contact with us????????.... well who the freakin hell wants a woman who has a drawer full of old stinky undies and bloody kleenex eh?

let it go...move on... have a drink.
 Celticmist
Msg: 11
Men who don't want to stay in touch with their ex girlfriend
Posted: 3/20/2008 2:39:06 PM
I am a firm believer in living in the now - which means past boyfriends are past - maybe that's how they feel. I am curious as to why you want to hang on? I have enough friends male and female that I don't need old boyfriends to fill in.
 Karrpilot
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2008 3:11:35 PM
One girlfriend i had smoked, drank too much, talked too much, and wanted to get married and have children. A woman like that drove me crazy after a while. If she would not have made a good wife for me, why would i want her back ? Or even to stay in contact with her ? There was a reason we broke up. And going back to it is not an option for me. Besides, after all thease years, i would hope she has moved on. I have.
 trent48111
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/20/2008 3:31:49 PM
every thing about your x . the way she kiss you the way she made you feel the sex all the nights she told you she love you . every women has there on sent and smell that no other women has . it takes alot out of a mam too loss that great of a love . and it hurt evrey time they call or smell therer sent . stay away from her and one day you will wake up and the sent will be going and you can love again
 tralaza
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/20/2008 3:38:11 PM
The only ex I have kept in contact with is the ex husband and mostly because we have kids together.

As for the others in the past, that has been so many many years ago that we live in different countries and have such different lifestyles now, there is no point.
 swfl_dan
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2008 3:46:26 PM
Who knows. I have some ex-girlfriends I'm still in touch with, and some that I'm good friends with. Others, including my most recent, don't want any contact at all.

*shrugs*

To each their own.

You didn't really say it, but for me, at least, it does hurt a little that they don't want to keep in touch. It's a form of rejection. I can hold onto the desire to have them want to stay in touch - and suffer - or I can try to not desire they stay in touch, and be at peace about it. I tend to try to lean towards the latter. Sometimes it works better than others
 wildman0067
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/20/2008 6:43:38 PM
this is a comment to op me dont want to its hard on a men who cared about the ex. and if we did we would be acused of some stupid shit like being a stalker ha.ha. thats 1 good reason not to keep in touch .

part 2 is for poster 24 lady ur a bitter old lady get over urself and take the loss he aint gonna pay u diddle or he would have by now cut ur losses and move along. like agood little girl

have a wonderful day all yall peoples.

wildman
 H2OLuvCoco
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2008 7:35:41 PM
I can certainly relate to them...
To me, it just seems too painful at the beginning of a breakup, and very unnatural. The romantic relationship went farther and deeper than friends and to just "go in reverse" is not a normal progression.
I would ask the OP...why do you think you want to stay in touch with ex boyfriends?

Coco
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2008 6:48:31 AM
Kind of found it funny, posters who state it is due to them being insecure. Pretty easy to make the same claim about the ex who wants to maintain contact....they're too insecure to let go, grow and move on....clinging to their past....etc. Doesn't make either claim valid....just seemed odd to judge people and claim to know their motives without ever meeting or talking to them about it.

~ds~
 Deepgreeneyes04
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2008 7:40:37 AM
This is a tough one...I never dated a guy and then was not their friend after we stopped dating...I was close with all of my exs (no not friends with benefits close) That was until I dated a guy who was crazy jelous...So I let all of them except one go. I finally came to realize that they were not hanging on to our friendship just to be friends...there was always something in the back of their mind. However a guy that I had a long term with I still keep in touch with, he is one of my best friends and I will always have him in my life. I do not think that it is a problem as long as you are up front about it. I always try to let a guy that I am interested in know within the first couple talks that he is my best friend, and they are usually cool with it. I just think a lot of people keep it in and then have it come out too late. Now on the other hand I started talking to a guy who lived with his ex, and her new boyfriend...that was def. something that I was not able to handle.
 duckling
Msg: 60
Posted: 8/21/2008 11:05:57 AM
I think it comes down to the reason for the break-up (and how long you drug the relationship out hoping it would improve). I've never been one to continue dating someone that I couldn't see myself with in a few years, or staying until I resented them. For that reason, I'm still friends with a lot of my ex's. Once in a while, one will call and say "I was an idiot, let's get back together", but I don't believe we change drastically over the years. If our personalities were incompatible the first time around, they won't be a perfect match now either. For me, going from lover to friend has never been a problem, but most people have such resentment and hatred for their ex, that it seems impossible. Some of my girlfriends took exception to the fact I talk to my ex's. I always perceive that as a lack of trust. I know that I'm faithfull, and I realize that trust takes time, but if there's no hope of them ever trusting me, then we probably shouldn't be together.
 ian26
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2008 5:26:15 PM
i don't stay in touch with them...and they don't with me Result!
 tam879
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2008 6:14:41 PM
I wanted to stay in touch with my ex-g/f. But I keep reading her last e-mails just to remind me that she doesn`t want to get back together. Sure I miss her, I haven`t seen her for nine months and no matter how much I would like to go to her place I just can`t. I don`t even no at what point in her life she is at.
I don`t want to contact her in anyway now because I don`t know how I would react if she has a guy friend. If she called me I`d probably talk to her. I wanted to remain friends but she said being in a relationship would make it hard to be friends. I now know that is true.
My feelings were just killing me for the last 7 months. So, now I`m past a certain point in which I`m healing , and contact will most definitely tear me apart . No contact, no staying in touch. I feel better now.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Men who don't want to stay in touch with their ex girlfriend