Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Do men really like Dominant Women?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mirage111
Msg: 1
Do men really like Dominant Women?Page 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
There were some interesting responses to the opposite of this question in another thread. My curiousity would like to see the responses to this question on basically a vanilla forum.

Now there is a difference between a Dominant woman and a submissive top and or a Dominant bottom. etc etc

Try to answer if you like or not...
 Change Of Pace
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Do men really like Dominant Women?
Posted: 3/23/2008 2:49:08 AM
I don't know, but I do prefer dominant men...in the sense that they take charge etc. No capes, hoods and shackles!!
 StevenCheese
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/23/2008 3:05:51 AM
Not me I'm a dominant person so I love submissive woman, I'm kinda on the aggressive side. That's just me though I know some friends who like to be submissive(guys) and like dominant women. I can go for a little dominance in a girl from time to time, espcecially if she gets off on it.
 ChicagoStyle
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2008 6:22:01 AM
I like a woman that is alittle aggressive. Maybe some spanking, some handcuffs once in awhile, etc...

Not necessarly Dominant as in whips and chains, though I hear don't knock it till you try it. LOL
 Argentum Crinis Philogus
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/23/2008 6:25:08 AM
The phrase, "Dominant Women" is quite broad. Perhaps providing a more narrow definition would be helpful.

Are you referring Dominant as in BDSM? Dominant as in a true "cuckold" relationship. Dominant as in an "Hotwife" type relationship? Dominant as in "running the household"?

Could you be referring to aggressive instead?

Sometimes the term dominant is misappropriated when one actually means aggressive.

ACP
 Leeanne
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2008 7:42:16 AM
I think men like dominant women at the right times - like in the bedroom on occasion and when they need to take control of certain situations. However I think in general- they like to be the dominant one in a relationship. They like to hold that masculine role!
 Adam Taylor
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2008 2:29:48 PM
I like a woman who can be assertive. And if she wants to be in control at times, that's great. But also enjoy being in charge.
It's a shared thing... after all, I seek an equal in life.
 Adam Taylor
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2008 2:43:23 PM
Agreed. It's nice to have a lady who knows just what it is she wants... and isn't shy about telling you... or showing you. ;)
 c_deacon
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2008 2:47:00 PM
I agree.....and that enjoyment is wonderful, as long as the "getting" is mutual, and not "taking", which can be a whole different discussion....

Having an assertive woman that knows when to be aggressive and when to not be, is a joy to have around, and would be considered an equal in my eyes, and one to keep close by........

Just my opinion.......
 mcbobly
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2008 3:42:05 PM

I'm not sure if Dominant is the word, but I do like strong aggressive women

I have to agree. It's nice to see she can take some control at times and just get wild and crazy instead of always needing to be told or shown what to do. It's a pleasant change of pace at times, rock on you strong and aggressive women!
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/24/2008 9:47:23 AM
In bed, do you mean? or in life? or at work? I think every person has a dominant niche somewhere. Like, Dungeons and Dragons or somewhere.
 dtaskar
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/24/2008 11:11:46 AM
Yes, I do like woman who is a dominant and physically strong. Tall, athlethic and strong. I like role playing and am into a lot of different sexual things like erotic wrestling, lift and carry etc.
 Sunshine-99
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2008 11:55:21 AM
I always found myself attracted to women who appear dominant in the relationship but are submissive in the bed-room.
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/24/2008 11:58:26 AM
I think all the guys are feeling that "letting" the woman be dominant as "play" in the bedroom is great. As long as it's not real-life, huh?

But I tend to think there ARE women out there much stronger emotionally and mentally and even physically (oh! wrap your minds around THAT one!) than many men. I do NOT believe that very many men would seek out such a companion for any length of time.
 catman40
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/2/2008 4:24:57 AM
--------------> lets woman walk all over him . does not smoke or drink .
 Mirage111
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/2/2008 10:27:38 AM
yaya catman your just a puss
 sweetazeyes
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/2/2008 11:44:24 PM
i like a sexually dominant woman who is also willing to be submissive sometimes as well.

i can handle a female led relationship if she is not a real b*tch just wanting control for the sake of having control.

bdsm lifestyle contains many aspects and levels.so it has to be agreed upon in advance by both partners.after all everyone has their own personal limits and every person is different.
 tallshyman
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2008 9:05:53 PM
hope I meet a Dominant Women and make me have sex 3 times a day
 james home
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2008 1:01:55 PM
I'm completely turned on by intelligent dominant women.

Stupidity and dominance don't hang well together.
 sweetazeyes
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/15/2008 1:14:12 AM
i love the sexual and lifestyle aspect of female domination too.
 lateef7842
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2008 4:34:56 AM
Dominant, is cool. But stubborn and rude is out. Dominant women are fun to date. I'm more of a dominant guy, plus I like debate. So, that kind of woman tends to give as good as she gets. That can be very sexy.

However, in a relationship I don't think a dominant woman would work for me for the long term. Aggressive doesn't bother me one bit. Strong minded works for me too. But dominant, for a long term relationship wouldn't work. You can't have two leaders. And I'm not the kind of guy who backs down.
 toronto_kennedy
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2008 1:14:00 PM
Yes That's true alot of people think they know meaning but don't or not sure 100%

Me i like a dominate women i think having a female know what she wants
from a male and knowing how to get him to do it is very exciting.

But then something are good for some not others.

I always say you never know if you going to like something till you try it.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/15/2008 1:25:44 PM
~OT~ It's a matter of preference and pre-disposition for me. I'm definitely out of my element on the dominant side of this. I spend my professional life being dominant, at home ~ I'm strictly sub material.
 platypus_man
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2008 2:30:21 PM

I sure hope like h e l l they do! That said I don't want a beta or submissive male in my bedroom though. For some women it's a day vs night thing.

So, you're only dominant 'sometimes'? Is that kind of like a per dium job, you just try it on when it's convenient? Or do you mean that you still want to 'indirectly' direct the action in bed, so that you yourself are more the receiver of pleasure while he is 'doing the deed' instead of being the active person (as traditionally women usually are)?
 betterlate
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2008 8:01:29 PM
I really like men to be dominant and submissive.. depending on the mood, like when he wants to have sex, I dont want a sniveling coward asking if we are going to make love tonight, I want a man to donimate me letting me know that is what he wants to do, and then I want to have him be submissive when I want too... he will let me be the assertive one... give and take...
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Do men really like Dominant Women?