Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Do guys only like easy girls?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GonzoFan
Msg: 1
Do guys only like easy girls?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Okay, guys. Let's say you're dating a girl you really do like. Unfortunately for you she's the type of gal who believes in only sleeping with a guy she loves. Do you stick it out and see where it goes, do you cheat, or do you bail?

Or, do you lie and say you love her in an attempt to speed things along?

Raven34
Msg: 2
Do guys only like easy girls?
Posted: 5/29/2005 7:17:51 PM
Bizie, I'll be sure not to put out so I don't have to receive that call.....

OT:

If a man wants a long term relationship he'll find a way to wait it out until she is comfortable. If he wants a fling then leave the girl and her morals alone and move on. No sense messing her up just cause he can't show a little restraint. There are others out there that are open to having sex quickly.
 GonzoFan
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/29/2005 7:35:04 PM
Hmm...intriguing bizie! So girls, are we agreed? When we hear that one do we say "oh, thank god, he was the worst lay I ever had and I didn't know how to avoid him!"
 airplane_geek
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/29/2005 7:39:17 PM
I've stuck it out too long on a few occasions. It seems at a certain point all you end up with is BS. So, to answer the question, not really. I think the right woman won't be easy. Things should happen in a natural progression in a relationship.
 mytho
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2005 7:40:46 PM
Isn't sex part of the whole package? Girls wouldn't buy shoes without trying them on first...I don't see why they would purchase a man without trying him on first.
 questing41
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2005 9:32:55 PM
Like anything, some people have different priorities.

For some, sex is a given, and they expect it...

For others no.

Treating sex as something special is a nice thing for many :) And pretty cool I think.

But not for everyone.

If merely saying 'I love you' is enough though, she's probably not really that serious about it either. But in those cases you're generally dealing with people who are younger, and less mature (*coughs* ;) and sometimes priorities and meaning can be confusing to such folks :/
 79dude
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/29/2005 10:38:23 PM
...it depends what the guy is looking for.
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/30/2005 4:10:17 AM
Okay, guys. Let's say you're dating a girl you really do like. Unfortunately for you she's the type of gal who believes in only sleeping with a guy she loves. Do you stick it out and see where it goes, do you cheat, or do you bail?

1)Only those who see it as an "unfortunate" situation would think to bail...then again those are the 1's that bail sooner or later anyway so SHE is better off if she wants more.

2)if she's samrt enough to have lived a lifetime of waiting she is likely smart enough to see through a "lie to speed things up"

3)YES,if everything continued to jell...and as you say I "really like" her,why would a MAN bail? Of course I'd "stick it out". ITs the situation that separates the players from the real men....a smart woman desrves a smart man,a good woman deserves a good man.
 mainegrad
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/30/2005 1:20:58 PM
I think it's fun to wait at least a few dates......let the tension build then tease each other between dates...when it finally happens ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's such fun.
 shadowloco
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/31/2005 4:51:52 PM
That's right, I have b4 picked up "women" who were out walking home from bars and what not. There was this one time that the lady didn't want to get out of my car! She started touching herself and telling me that she wanted me to f*** her! I threw her a** out, I was tripping!

Then there was another time when I was working doing deliveries in the middle of the night, when I met this one girl. We started fooling around, and the next thing she started taking off her clothes and telling me to f*** her in back of the delivery van I was driving. That turned me off, I thought if this woman is this easy...Then WTF does she have???? I wasn't about to get no diseases and S***!!
 rocky541
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/31/2005 10:28:35 PM
If I really liked her I would wait and see where things go. But if I didn't really dig her that much I probably wouldn't even be in that situation.
 SarGasm
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/31/2005 10:35:29 PM
i like waiting. the anticipation of the first kiss makes the kiss that much sweeter. the same for sex. i'd rather wait a while, see how the chemistry is, and go from there.

and by "a while" i mean at least 5 minutes into the first date.

i kid! but i do like to wait a while before having sex. when i was younger it was all about the sex, as quick as i could get it...but those relationships didn't last very long...and for good reason.
 DudeistPriest
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/9/2011 12:05:00 PM
I like "easy girls", but I'm only interested in F* them when I'm feeling "easy" myself.
Has for the girl that wants to wait, then if I'm interested in a relationship I'll wait.
IMHO, we're comparing apples to oranges here, neither do I care for the condescending tone and label.
Why not the liberated girl vs. the one playing hard to get?
The slut vs. the virtuous woman?
The free spirit vs. the prude?
Labels can change the entire context.
Your options do the same. Cheat, bail, lie or "stick it out"?
I'm not going to cheat, or lie. I'm not going "bail" either if this a person that I could be friends with. Why is the only other option to stick it out. If I have romantic feelings towards a woman and hope to develop a relationship, and she feels the same, then putting in the time and effort needed to cultivate a lasting, loving relationship is hardly "sticking it out".

@Craigydude- a 6yr old thread that hasn't been active in 4, realy?
 abelian
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/9/2011 12:08:37 PM
I'd rather have an easy one than a difficult one.
 MikeWM
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2011 1:42:17 PM
Not quite sure where you get the idea that anything other than what you portray would be classed as "easy"

As for someone who "only believes in sleeping with someone she loves" I really try to avoid delusional fruitcakes and frigid types with no sexual mojo. They get very tedious very quickly

"Love" takes a LONG time to develop, and if somebody is actually dumb enough to wait for that kind of pink fluffy unicorn romanticised fairy tale bollox without even knowing if theyre sexually compatible then good luck to them as it could take months and months before "actual" love could form, if indeed it could even be classed as being "actual" love without any real intimacy having occured

On the other hand, if she is the type who thinks she is "in love" with someone she has only known a few weeks or a month and also hasnt had any real intimacy with them, then youre dating somebody who is a bit delusional. So making a run for it before you do seal the deal and the REAL crazy comes out is a wise move

As for the selectively chosen list of heavily restricted almost evangelist sermon type options

The word is already overused innacurately, this thread being a prime example

So no. I have only ever said this to three women (in a dating context) in my entire life, because they were the only three I loved or genuinely thought I loved at the time

do you cheat

If you havent had sex youre not even having a real grown up relationship yet, and if the person youre seeing doesnt find you attractive enough to want to have sex why go to that much trouble. If you knew someone who did want to spend time with you and also fancied you and that you liked it would make far more sense to just date them instead of Nutzerella

or do you bail?

If someone is "waiting for love" then yeah, thats several notches of crazy higher than I would want to carry on spending time with

Do you stick it out and see where it goes

I already know where it goes, but just sticking it out is a bit crass

If theyre "waiting for love" then no, as I've aleady said thats far too nutzo IMO

They either have a very odd idea of what "love" actually is, or have some other rather odd timeframe theyre waiting for before they start to delude themselves that lust is actually love

So I'd still pass tbh

If they were "waiting till they knew you better and felt sure about it" and you enjoyed their company it wouldnt feel like you were "sticking it out"

You seem to have a very PMF opinion of men, and seem to think they (We) are ONLY interested in sex as well it seems as thinking any woman who is even reasonably comfortable about her sexuality and doesnt need some silly fairy tale delusion before they can enjoy sex is "easy"

So you seem to have a very blinkered and narrow minded view of both genders really

You should fit in just perfect on a place like this
 Archangel_07
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/9/2011 3:33:08 PM
I like a lady that keeps me entertained. A lady that's too easy, I won't really respect too much. I like some challenge.

If there's no spark don't waste each others time and end it.
 MikeWM
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2011 3:42:39 PM
I have to admit I have never got the fascination with a "challenge"

To me that kind of implies badgering someone into having sex with you who doesnt actually want to

Whereas women who DO actually share a mutual attraction never seem like a "challenge" as its "mutual" attraction

If someone does have mutual attraction and it STILL feels like a challenge then thats just somebody manipulative. Otherwise irrespective of the time frame it would simply be "waiting till the time was right" not by any stretch of the imagination a "challenge"
 MikeWM
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2011 4:56:07 PM
M Church. without even realising it youre not only agreeing with me but am also reiterating my point

Thats the problem with trying to subtly "sell yourself" over what you percieve as the "competition" on places like this, you tend to try and "disagree" with everything that you dont think is a wimpy kiss ass type of post without really taking the time to actually comprehend the gist of them

but incase you dont quite grasp what I mean there heres a clue

To me, It's not about badgering or whatever... It's about enjoying the trip rather than the destination....
Think of it this way, some people want to spend hours, weeks days, whatever amount of time

Exactly my point, how does any of what you describe feel like a "challenge"?

Basically it DOESNT, it "feels" like enjoyable company, whereas a "challenge" is a process for trying to attain something that isnt freely given or offereed

I didnt mention time frames, but you seem to have gone out of your way to assume them whilst also in applying your own assumed time frames then labelled any women who dont present a "challenge" as being easy

Wow, such a charmer

Sorry, but to me that sounds like the age old whine of guys claiming women are playing games....
No they're not... It just seems like they are because you're losing....

Actually that IS somebody playing games, again the word "challenge" doesnt imply a mutual attraction, but a one way attraction and a reticent participant. For someone to "seem like a challenge" theyre not showing mutuality there. So if they are attracted then (and I did say "whatever time frame") when they do want to take it further it wont feel like a "challenge" has been won at all, but simply like enjoyable company has moved on to a new level

Still no challenge I can see, as its still "mutual"

What you are ACTUALLY describing is the scenario that WOULD have somebody feeling it was a "challenge", and usually because theyre trying to rush or coerce the other person into shortening their time frame or are trying to pursuade someone who isnt sure into giving it a go anyway

And THATS where the "challenge" enters the equation.

Two people both seeking the same progression and where niether is playing games isnt a "challenge" but niether does it show "easiness" just natural progression at a rate that suits BOTH participants
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/9/2011 5:23:40 PM
I would never lie and say I love her just to speed things along.
Generally..when I date...things speed along on their own.
:-P
 whytwater
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/9/2011 5:33:32 PM
Men want easy girls or I should say easy sex. Especially from dating sites.
If he is not serious he will dump you either after you have had sex or because you wont.....It is best to have your self respect and not be the victim of a pumper and dumper. One way to weed them out is to ask them to wait until a real connection has developed. THey will lie to get sex of course.... It is a chance you take if you give it up too early that you will just be used.

Oh, ferchrissakes. So, I'm a guy, so I lie, have no self-respect, have no respect for any women, need to be weeded out, use drugs at every opportunity, have committed a plenitude of felonies, and have been apprehended for only two, and, oh, btw, do ya have any daughters?

Somewhere, out there, there's an evangelical guy, who believes the sex is the devil's work, and I hope you and anyone else who thinks as this post suggests have to vie for his sparse attention. lol

I'll cop to being a slut, but I don't require anyone else to live the way I do. They'd probably hafta to be a Democrat, though.

I guess my answer to the topic question is- most men probably want whatever it is they don't have, and the same is true of most women.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/9/2011 6:36:43 PM
Actually that IS somebody playing games, again the word "challenge" doesnt imply a mutual attraction, but a one way attraction and a reticent participant. For someone to "seem like a challenge" theyre not showing mutuality there

This is nothing more than a difference in perception. Some people perceive a "challenge" as something negative, whereby they have to jump through hoops or coerce someone into doing something they aren't comfortable with.

Other people see a "challenge" as a "puzzle" or "mathematical equation" that is fun to solve. As an example, some people enjoy the "challenge" of solving crossword puzzles, or math problems. Others do not, and find them tedious and frustrating.

Two people both seeking the same progression and where niether is playing games isnt a "challenge" but niether does it show "easiness" just natural progression at a rate that suits BOTH participants

That's the tricky part. Not only do both people need to perceive a "challege" in the same way, but their natural progression rates, i.e. timelines, need to be similar.
 OutMind
Msg: 22
Posted: 11/9/2011 7:29:28 PM
Most of the time when a woman says that she will only sleep with someone that she is in love with, it means that she will not sleep with someone she doesn't have tremendously strong attraction for. The reality is that people rarely fall in love in three weeks, but attraction, limerance, lust, desire have a way to get in a person's mind.

So my advice. Do not lie to accelerate anything. Let it flow naturally, if it goes, awesome, if it doesn't, awesome as well.
 abelian
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/9/2011 8:19:11 PM

Actually that IS somebody playing games, again the word "challenge" doesnt imply a mutual attraction, but a one way attraction and a reticent participant. For someone to "seem like a challenge" theyre not showing mutuality there

This is nothing more than a difference in perception. Some people perceive a "challenge" as something negative, whereby they have to jump through hoops or coerce someone into doing something they aren't comfortable with.

Other people see a "challenge" as a "puzzle" or "mathematical equation" that is fun to solve. As an example, some people enjoy the "challenge" of solving crossword puzzles, or math problems. Others do not, and find them tedious and frustrating.

Uh no. If what you said were true, you would have to also think people who want the newspaper delivered on the porch instead of the roof see challenges negatively. The only thing that's a matter of perception here is that some people perceive somthing as more valuable solely because it's more difficult to obtain without regard as to whether that difficulty is intrinsic or simply because someone else is deliberately making it difficult. The newspaper is not more enjoyable to read nor are the articles any better if I have to get it off of the roof. I'd rather get it off of the porch and spend the time I saved doing something that might be a real challenge, like the crossword puzzle.

Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2011 12:04:21 AM
What ever happened to " I'm going off to war, and may never return"?....it worked in the 40s and the 60s.
 TedJMill
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2011 6:57:15 AM

Not me; I'd prefer the woman who's about as easy as brain surgery or the theory of relativity.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Do guys only like easy girls?