Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Am i taking this to serious, or am I right ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 blondy98
Msg: 6
Am i taking this to serious, or am I right ?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Sweet,I totally agree with you.

Too me.....that is not a way to start a conversation . Period.
It's called respect.
"Why can't we just have a Mature Conversation ,with Mature Adults here"

Sweet ....your not alone on this.

Life moves on...
 c_deacon
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Am i taking this to serious, or am I right ?
Posted: 3/27/2008 6:59:51 PM
Don't you just hate those periods.......

It may not be the way to start off....but there is no reason not to end there......

OT.....Explain what you want and how you want it, then let it happen, and if not the way you want......then you should know what to do.....

Just my opinion.......
 honestone 527
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/27/2008 9:59:49 PM
I think your right. anyone that starts talking about sex right away is looking for nothing but sex. I usually wait till the woman brings it up and believe it or not I have talked to a few that have brought up sex but only after talking for awhile. I'm talking to someone now that brought up sex so we talked about it one night and after that we just talked about other things. we talk about sex every now and then(maybe once a month or so). we agreed it's ok to talk about it once in awhile just not every conversation has to be about it.
 kornbluth
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2008 3:13:29 AM
"I don't think it is an appropriate conversation for someone you dont even know, unless you are just looking for sex."
----------------------------
You don't? At your age, this must be quite a revelation. Do you reckon he'd try the same line with any other female he doesn't know? That almost sounds impersonal. But then, your screen name contains "4U," which I guess is ghetto-graffiti for "for anyone," so sometimes we reap what we sow.
 bike mad
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2008 3:29:16 PM
I have never understood the desire or necessity of typing out smut to send to a stranger.

Pictures are much better

I can't conceive what would go through a guys head to make him think it was appropriate to initiate sexual messaging to a stranger. Don't put up with it.
 shomesomethin
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/29/2008 1:01:23 AM
I'd say you're right on target!!!!
Shomesomethin
 MoleLike
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2008 3:15:05 AM
It's definitely something that get's built up to when you know the person and also (most importantly) know it appropriate and both parties are up for dirty / naughty / smutty talk. It's not wrong, but there is a time and a place - a stranger is not it.
 kornbluth
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2008 4:18:27 AM

They start talking like that, then seem offended when the woman doesn't want to. As if the woman did something wrong. I don't get it...

Very simple. It's the same principle as spam and telemarketing: It costs so little that you can afford to offend thousands of people to catch one sucker.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Am i taking this to serious, or am I right ?