Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Would love to help you out with your profile      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SWEET - N - SASSY GIRL 4U
Msg: 1
Would love to help you out with your profilePage 1 of 55    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
DISCLAIMER: I am not a professional, just someone that wants to help !

If you would like for me to take a look at your profile and give you some suggestions, I would love to help out !! Most of the people on here giving advice are much younger, so maybe someone a little bit older may give you a different opinion !! Give me a chance if you like !!
Msg: 2
Would love to help you out with your profile
Posted: 3/30/2008 4:03:18 PM
Cranky Amy,

Well I am not quite sure what to say about your profile lol.. it is very Interesting, witty, funny, and scary. lol..Since you are only looking for talk/email buddies, then I don' t think it needs any changes. I am sure that you get a lot fo different type's of replys. Good Luck with the new babbies, i'm sure you will have your hands full.

Sweet
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/30/2008 4:11:21 PM
Billy2heads

Well yours is gonna be tough. lol.. First off I would get rid of all your pics and start over again. Have someone take some nice pics of you to post on your profile. You seem like an attractive man, but the pics you have posted are not good ones.

You also need to type some info in about yourself and your interest. Tell the ladies all about youself and what you are looking for in a partner. Show off your personality and add in some humor. Also let your prospects know what you are looking for in a lady. What your likes and dislikes are. Give them something to think about !!! The angel is nice, but come on now that is a little corney, ("I'm an angel " ) . I have faith that you can do better than that !!! Spend a few minutes and put some words in there. I know it will pay off. Sweet
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/30/2008 4:33:46 PM
Trevalicious

Ok here we go !! Ready !! First off you are a very nice looking guy. But most of your pics don't show that off. I would get rid of the 2nd and 3rd pic and the black and white one. They just don't do you justice. I really love the last pic and would make that your main pic for now. I would get a few more pics of yourself with one containing your whole body. Ladies like to see the whole package you know !!!

I would put more information in your profile about yourself, Like more of your interest's, and just what it is you are looking for in a lady. You don't have to say you are 29, they can see that in your main info of your profile. I would also remove the lines about the proper english and spelling abilities. You can find that out in their profile when they contact you. If you don't like the way they speak or spell, just delete !! It just comes across in your profile as being a little demanding, and may scare some ladies away.!!

Put in some info on just what type of lady you are looking for. What you look for in a relationship. What you have to offer a relationship. Make the info about you and about her in paragraphs, not seperated lines, it just looks better.

Well I hope this helps you out, and the changes will spark up a lot of interest for you. I don't think the ladies know what they are missing out on with you, so let them know !!

Sweet
 hug.it.out
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/30/2008 4:49:34 PM
how about me ? :)

thank you!
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/30/2008 4:51:47 PM
Pa_Born

ok here we go !! You need a lot of work sweetie !!!! First off your pics are not good ones. The first one looks like you are scared to death. The second is ok, but not great. The last one is to goofy. I would start all over and get you some new pics. Some that show off your personality. Some that you don't look so stiff and rigid in. Have one of your fiends take some pics of you outside, have some fun with it, show some personality. You are a cute guy, but none of your pics show that off.

First you need to put in what your profession is, don't leave people guessing or thinking you are already keeping secrets. Then you need to remove all that you have typed and start over with it. Type in a nice Paragraph all about you and your interest's. What you enjoy doing for fun, and what you are looking for in a relationship. Add in a little humor, ladies like that. I would also change that you are looking for just someone to hang out with. Any lady that is looking for love will not respond to you. If you are looking for a relationship then you need to put that.

Then type in a nice paragraph about the type of girl you are looking for. Don't put that you are not looking for any specific type of lady, that sounds like you will settle for anybody that pays you a little attention. Spell it out, if you like a romantic, fun, passionate, down to earth lady, then put that, but put something !! make it sound like you are a man that knows who he is and what he wants in life and in a partner. I think if you get some better pics and put some more info in about yourself and what you want in life you will start getting some action on your profile.

I hope i have helped you out, and good luck with it !!!

Sweet
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/30/2008 4:53:47 PM
Hi stephen,

Sorry I didn't mean to make you feel like you were being punished or anything.. I do believe in angels and who knows maybe you are one !!!! But you did ask my opinion...
(((Smile))) Sweet
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/30/2008 5:10:13 PM
Vadim321go,

Wow I am almost speechless. First off I love all your pics. They are great and nice and clear. They show off all the different sides of you and your personality.

Now as for your heading "you're all freaks and snobs", that is really negative and a huge turnoff. I would immediately click off your profile and not read on once I saw that. Also all that you wrote about yourself was very negative and demanding to me. You mostly talked about yourself only and not what you are looking for in a girl or a relationship except that she must be over 18.

I can feel what you are saying in your profile, but the profile is not a good place to speak it. I think it will turn against you. I love the date part and what you wrote. It was nice and cute with a little humor in it. If you could just incorporate that part of you into the body of your profile, you would have it made. You are a cutie pie and I think you deserve a nice sweet lady, but i'm afraid you won't get a lady like that, with the way your profile reads right now. Personally It scares me lol.. Re-do it and make it nicer and more like the date info. Then you will not be able to keep up with your emails I bet. I hope my opinion helps you out. Good luck. Sweet
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/30/2008 5:20:24 PM
Stephen.

Lol you are to funny. Well when I first put my profile on here my pics were really bad and terribel and my profile was bad also. I had mine reviewed a few times and they were really honest like I am trying to be. I got a little offended but they were right and I made a lot of changes. It worked and I have a olot fo mail and have met some really nice people on here. It paid off for me, so I thought if I could help someone else out like I was helped that that would make me feel great. I'm trying to not be to harsh but still honest. I read a lot of these ""profile reviewers" and they are just all sweet and dont really give the people any HONEST advice, so I thought I would give it a try. Hope I don't offend anybody !!!!
 to have
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/30/2008 5:21:39 PM
yes please.....much appreciated.
 VicinSA
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/30/2008 5:21:50 PM
I would really like your advice. Thanks in advance for all your wonderful suggestions.

Vic
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/30/2008 5:42:41 PM
Hi Sherrita,

What a sweet lady, I just want to reach out and hug you !!! Ok, you are the typical profile on here.

I like your pic, but you need some more of them. Have someone take a few more pics of you, and have some fun with it. Show off that great personality that I can tell you have tucked away in there. Put on different outfits with each pic. Go outside and take some pics. Take a full body pic, guys like to see the whole you. It just makes them feel secure or something..lol

I think you should change you email age requirements to maybe 30 to 45. Now you are 33, so if some sexy 32 year old man wanted to email you he couldn't !!!! yikes.. Now I know you would love to meet that sexy 32 year old man. Think about it, I think it would be a good move to drop the first number a few years.

Next, you need to expand on telling us all about you. So just what are all the fun things you like to do ? spell them out one by one. Are you romantic ? passionate ? great cook ? who are you sherrita ? sell yourself to these men !!! What are you looking for in a man and a relationship ? Do all this in a nice paragraph.

Then do the same, tell us what kind of man are you looking for ? what qualities should he have ? what do you admire in a man ?? let them know you are a woman that knows who she is and just what she wants for herself and for her children !!!

Also in your personal info, put in what your profession is. Dont put in the written part of your profile that you are 33 and divorced, they will see that in your personal information. Well I hope I helped you out. I think with a few more pics and some more info on your profile, you will be doing good. !!! Good Luck and let me lnow how it works out for you !!! sweet
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/30/2008 6:36:15 PM
To Have,

Okay here we go, ready !!! Lets start from the top of the profile !!! lol..
I would change your subject line "so whats your story ? " you sound a little like a counselor !!! think of something a little catchy . Next you should put what your profession is not the little comment you have in place of it. You are 40 right ? lol...

Your first line states that you have photos !!! So where are they ? why aren't they on your profile ??? come on now !!!! You will get better responces with pics and we all know that !!! lol...

Ok, you have a HUGE list of interest I must say. I got tired just reading ALL of them !!! I would suggest to shorten your list a little. It is a little overwhelming I must say .. Now is the beginning of your profile a poem or something ? Whatever it is I would remove it all. The rest seems to be you telling us everything that you AREN'T and all that you don't have !!! I would remove all that and replace it with what you have put in your "First date " section: The following is what you wrote ::

"""I like Cooking together, exploring, laughing, doing silly stuff, listening to music, concerts,art, driving,looking at wild things or wild places, swinging from vines, skipping stones,reading to each other,telling naughty jokes,visiting an old relative,making out in the park, flying a kite,catching a fish, choosing a puppy, dancing like the Peanuts in a Charlie Brown Christmas, looking at old photos, baking bread, riding a sled, or groovin' to the good old grateful dead......"""
This is great and should be in the place where you describe yourself.

Now in the section where you describe what you are looking for sounds more like a documentary on women that anything else. !! lol.. I'm sorry but it does !!! I think you should just write out what kind of woman you are looking for, what qualities, what interest and the like. Should she be romantic ? passionate ? good cook ? what are you looking for >? If you don't tell us then we will never know !!!

Well I hope I have helped you some or a lot, lol.. Good luck with the profile and the fishing. Sweet
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/30/2008 7:02:39 PM
Hi Sweet Vic,

WOW. My heart go out to you my love. I will try to be gentle here. lol..First off I LOVE you profile Line ""Holy Smokes, you gotta see this !!"" I LOVE IT ......

The first problem you are probably having is the fact that you are ""Seperated""... Thats a dirty word in the womens dating book !!!!! I read all through your profile and the impression it gave me was you were looking for someone to fix you. Someone to help you through all your pain. Someone to make it all better. Your words were so full of pain it broke my heart.
The whole profile told of all you have done wrong and all that is wrong with you, right down to the captions over your pics !!! The situation you are in right now is very scary for a new lady to walk right into.
I think you should wipe out all that you have written in your profile and start over. You can simply explain that you are seperated but the divorce is almost final and will be soon. That is all I would say. the less the better. Then I would tell us positive things about yourself, like what are your interest's ? what do you do for fun ? Don't tell us anyting negative, or anything you can no longer do. If you want to talk about your weight then do so in a positive manner. Like you are starting an exercise program and working on improving yourself for yourself. Then tell us what you are looking for in a lady and a relationship. What kind of lady are you searching for ? what qualities should she have ? I would remove the captions you have over your pics and either leave it blank or put something funny.
Also maybe a couple more pics showing your personality. It is always a good idea to have at least 1 full body pic of yourself. My love I hope I have helped you. I am so sorry for the pain you are going thru, but hopefully this to shall pass soon.

My best suggestion I can give you is be POSITIVE not negative about you, your situation, and what you are looking for. Ohterwise you will scare everyone away !!
Good Luck !!! Sweet
Msg: 15
Would love for you to help me out on my profile
Posted: 3/30/2008 7:17:44 PM
BennyLeaf,

I think you have a really good start to a good profile. I would maybe put a few more pics in. Maybe a few outdoor shots showing off your sweet personality. hey maybe you can find a horse to get on a show us you are prince charming !!! lol just kidding..lol
It is is good idea to have a least 1 full body pic in your profile. !!!

I would suggest to take out all you wrote in the first date column and just put something short about what you would like to do on the first date. Most women like to make the choice anyway !! lol..

In your section where you describe yourself and what you are looking for needs a little tweaking. I would write a nice paragraph about who you are. what do you do for fun ? what are you best qualities ? what can you offer a relationship ?
Then another paragraph about the lady you are seeking. What qualities should she have ? what type of personality should she have. What you need from a woman in a relationship. Humor is always a good thing !!!!
I think with these few tweaks and a few more pics you will be on your way to a lot of emails . Hope my suggestions help. By the way beautiful grandbaby !!!! Sweet
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/30/2008 7:27:09 PM
Sheritta

you are very welcome. I hope that something i told you will help you out. When Mr right comes along there will be nothing that can scare him away !!!! It is so hard in this day and age to meet a really nice guy. We can only hope and pray that we will find our man. I have met a few men off here but the trouble I have ran into is that all of the men I have met ended up having 10 to 20 year old pics on here. I believe that if you are dishonest about that you will be dishonest about anything. Honesty is very important to me. Well add a whole bunch of good stuff for them to think about. Make them feel that you are the best catch in this big pond of fish !!!!!! You can do it !!!! debi
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/31/2008 6:15:54 AM
GoodManGreg,

You sound like such a nice and compassionate man, that gives it his all. I am sorry for the lose of your wonderful wife. Here are my suggestions and impressions of your profile.

First off it is way to long, you dont want to stress out the ladies now. I would take out the first 3 full paragraphs. It is very admirable what you did for you wife out of love, and how much you loved her. She was a great wife and you loved her very much. This is great things to know about you, however when I read it all, I think to myself, "wow those would be big shoes to fill, I wonder if it is possible " "I wonder if he could ever love me as much as he did her ". I would think a lot about contacting you for that reason. I think this information should not be written in your profile. I think once someone meets you and gets to know you and your family they will know this about you. It just seems overwhelming to read it in your profile.

Don't talk about contacting your "feminine side " it makes people wonder. lol..I would start thinking "is he gonna want to wear my undies or what " lol...

I would start your profile with your #4 paragraph. You did a great job telling us who you are and what you like and want in life. I would combine paragraphs 4 thru 6 , they sound great.

Your paragraph #7 is also great how you described who and what you are searching for. I feel that if you narrow your profile down to just using those paragraphs, you would have a very nice profile. You would sound like a man that has it all together and knows who he is and just what he wants. The quotes and favorite songs are ok to leave in.

My last suggestion is to broaden your age email requirements. You are 55 and you requirements are 45 to 55. What if a sexy woman of your dreams that is 56 wants to email you, but she cant because she is 1 year to old. I would suggest 45 to 60. You never know. Age is just a number, and to lose out on someone that is perfect for you that may be a couple years older than you..hummmm lol..

Well I hope that my suggestions help you out. I truly hope you find that special lady to fill the big gap in your life. You do seem like a prince charming, and any lady would be lucky to have you in her life. God Bless and Good Luck !!!!
Sweet
 wherehaveUbeen
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2008 6:26:00 AM
Please help me with my profile. I have a highly unusual job and it would require a special person to understand it. I have been told that it would be hard to find someone who would tolerate my home situation because of my calling in life. I have a lot of varied interests and can offer plenty of alone time but I just have to pencil it in ahead of time. I think there would be someone out there who wants me for me and can over look me working a lot if I just make time for them. Please tell me if my approach on here is ok.
 rdcnorm
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/31/2008 6:28:34 AM
Yes young lady,,would you please take a look at mine,, I'm not sure if I would change anything, my opening is tough,, that might need some work,, However I believe in being real without the fluff at times,,
Thank you Norm
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/31/2008 6:51:23 AM
Excite666,

Ok lets take a stab at this. First off your profile is WAY to long !! I got stressed just looking at it. It also seems to mostly be all about You !!!! Kind of self indulgent !!
It needs to be seriously shortened. I would remove it all, or cut and paste a lot, and start over. You had some good parts where you described what you like to do for fun and what you are looking for in a relationship. There are so many sentenences going on there. Always remember that Less is best, don't overwhelm the ladies !! lol..

I would put in "1" nice paragraph that describes what you like to do for fun, and what you look for in a relationship. Then put another nice paragraph about what type of lady you are searching for. What interest should she have, and qualities. You have most of that in your many sentences, just pick out the good parts and combine them together in a smaller version. You had some good thing to say in the following sentences" #1 -2-3-7-8 and 9. Take things out of those sentences. !! lol

I love all the pics, but I would change your main pic to your #5 pic. Which is the 4th one from the right !! it is the best pic of you and shows off a great smile and a lot of personality. The one you are using now is not the best one to use.

In you profile name you use the numbers "666". I don't know what your religous beliefs are, but to some those numbers are the mark of the devil. If they do not have any special meaning to you, I would consider removing them from you name. It may scare some ladies away. Just something to think about.

Last, I would put more interest in your interest section. You only have 3 and they are all about fish. !! That doesn't sound very interesting, it sounds kind of boring !! lol pick some more interest to add to your selection. You will look like a more intersting man !!!

Well I hope that my suggestions will help you out. Hopefully you will make some nice changes and they will work for you. Good luck in your search.
Sweet
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/31/2008 7:26:46 AM
Where have you been,

First off I love your profile name, very cute !! I would change the profile comment "can be sweet", makes me wonder what you are when you are not sweet. The word "can" is the bad one.

I really love all your pics, they are great, clear, and all seem to be recent. My favorite is the pic of you sitting outside on the grass. I would use that one as your main pic. It shows off all of you, and has a lot of sex appeal and personality. !!! It would be a winner.

You also need to put something in your "do you drink section", other than "perfer not to say". That just makes people wonder if you have drinking problem or not. I hesitate to respond to someone that has "prefer not to say".

I felt a little overwhelmed when I read your profile. It all just seemed to be an explination for what you do in life. I admire you for the job you have and I can see that you are wonderful at it. I would take it all out and start all over with it. I would not explain it all in your profile. Save that for a conversation later.

I suggest that you write a nice paragraph about you. What you enjoy for fun and just what makes you tick. What you have to offer a relationship. You can make a small comment as to your work, but do it in a positive manner. hit on all the free time it gives you, not how much time it may take you away. When you meet that special man that falls head over heels in love with you, he will not care about the time your job takes you, he will admire you for it.

Then write a nice paragraph about the man you are searching for. What qualities should he have, and what do you look for in a man. Just keep it positive and simple. Men are much more visual creatures, and will look at your pics more than anything. They don't like a lot of reading to do. Also if you re-do it, dont write "I will try anything once ". I know what you are trying to say but it may scare some NICE guys away. They may think you would try anything with anybody. Bad thing to say !! Use some humor in your profile, it goes a long way.

You are a beautiful lady and should have no problem finding a man to fall in love with you. Just make some of these changes and you should be stormed with emails. I wish you luck in your search. Thank you for the job that you are doing, we need more people like you.!!!!!! God Bless Sweet
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/31/2008 8:02:04 AM
Hi rdcnorm,

Yes I will agree that your opening is a little rough to say the least. lol . You are guilty of something that I used to do. Everytime I had a bad date, it would show up in my profile. I would write it all out, and mostly in caps. lol.. Bad idea !!!! I learned from my mistakes. I feel your pain, but you need to learn to just take it for what its worth and ignore it and move on. Don't let all of them stress you out and make you lose out on a sexy lady that may choose to pass you by because of the negativity in your profile. Ok nuff said about that !!! lol.

This is what I suggest you do with your profile. I would put in an age requirement in your email settings. This will stop someone to young or to old from contacting you. Problem solved !!! Now people on here will lie about anything so be prepared, welcome to on line dating !! lol..

Next, I would definately remove your "New intro" and your "Ammended intro". They scare the hell out of me !! lol..I would take your very last paragraph in your profile, and use that as your into of who you are. It is great and sounds very sincere. Then I take the paragraph you have written of who you are looking for, and use that one. It is very iformative and says it all. I would remove ALL other remaining things. They will only hender your search and not be productive for you. !!!!

HINT: A lot of ladies on here feel safe with picking men as favorites, and sending winks and things like that. Look at it as an ice breaker for you to take the next step. Some ladies find it hard to just send an email saying they are interested in you., so they send you little hints and wait and see if you respond. If you are attracted to one of them, go for it !!!! lol...If not delete always works !!!!!

I love all your pics, they show off your personality, and your son that you are so proud of. I'm not sure that I would use the pic you have as your main pic. The reason being is that is it 2 years old. I know that recent pics is a big thing on line, even though you seem to look the same. I would either take the 2006 caption off or put a more recent pic. It is a good pic by the way !!!! lol..You are a cutie...

I hope that my suggestions will help you out. You do seem like a really sweet man and a great catch for some lucky lady. Just chill out a little and let things happen in their time. It will !!!! Have a great day !!!!
Sweet
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/31/2008 8:22:03 AM
MidWesternDude,

Lets start with your pics. I like your pics, they show off what you love most. I don't like your main pic. I hate a main pic that is not clear or they have sunglasses on !!! You look like a very nice looking man, but that pic does nothing good for you. Get you a nice, clear, recent pic of yourself with that nice smile you have, and use it as your main pic. That will work wonders for you i'm sure !!!

Your profile seems to be kind of self indulgent, its all mostly about you !! You have made some nice points about yourself and your interests. I would take everything off and start over. I would put in a nice paragraph all about you and what make you tick. What do you do for fun, and what you have to offer a relationship. Plain and simple. Don't rant on !! lol...

Then put in a nice paragraph of what you are looking for in a lady and a relationship. You seem to go on a lot about drinking. It kind of makes you sound like maybe you drink a lot. If that is NOT the case, I would be careful of making to many comments about that issue. You don't want to give any ladies the wrong idea about you !!!!

I love what you wrote in your first date section !!! nice and simple and short. Not confusing or overwhelming !! Good Job !!!!

I hope my suggestions will help you out !!! You seem very level headed and a good catch for some nice lady. Good luck in your search and thank you for you compliments, I try my best to help out !! God Bless.
Sweet
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/31/2008 8:33:33 AM
MWD,

you are very welcome and I am glad that my suggestions were a help to you. Good luck and let me know how it works for you. Sweet
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/31/2008 10:56:38 AM
Jerd2300,

Ok lets take a shot at this !!! First off in your personal info of yourself it says you are UNDER 5' tall !! are you becuase you don't look it in your pics ?? If this is not true then you need to correct that info. This will help you out a lot !!! lol.

Next, I like your pics they show off your personality. You need to get you a better main pic though. None of your pics are great for a main pic. You are a cute guy but none of your pics show this off for you. Maybe a nice dress up pic would be good, show that other side of you !!!! I would also remove the pic of you laying down. It's kind of a weird pic and almost looks like you are getting ready to be sick or something !! lol sorry but it does !!! lol..

I really like what you have written in your profile about yourself. I would not remove or change any of it. Now you need to write a nice little paragraph about the girl you are searching for. What type of girl are you looking for, what kind of qualities should she have ? What kind of activities should she enjoy ? The ladies need to know what you are really looking for. !!!

You need to put something in the "profession" info also, don't leave it blank and make ladies wonder if you even have a job or not !!!

In your first date section, I would take out most of what you wrote. I would not tell everyone that you have never really had a real date yet !!! I would just simply write what your last line there says. "Whatever we both decide" Best answer possible since the lady usually likes to make that decision anyway !!!!

You don't have much to do, just a few tweaks and you ready for the emails !!! I wish you luck in your search, and hope my suggestions help you!!

Sweet
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Would love to help you out with your profile