Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Kansas City and surrounding areas ~ April 19th 2008 ~ 8:00pm ~ FunkyT      View All Events   Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 1
Kansas City and surrounding areas ~ April 19th 2008 ~ 8:00pm ~ FunkyTownPage 1 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Saturday, April 19th @ FunkyTown

You've been asking when the next FunkyTown event was going to be and well here it is. It's time to get funky once again so we are going to head back out to FunkyTown for another great POF meet & greet event! Start making plans now to come out and join us and make some new friends, meet some familiar faces and help celebrate the April birthdays! These events are a great way to celebrate your birthday and you know POFer's are always looking for something to celebrate. Anyone and everyone are always welcome to come out and hang out. Come join in on the fun, have a drink, do some dancing and have a lot of laughs.

FunkyTown is the best mix in town! You can party with old/young, fat/thin, guys/girls, every combo possible. Fun to go alone or bring a group. The zoo is where you go to watch the animals... FunkyTown is where you go to watch the people. This place is the bomb! Especially if you like the retro type music of the 70's and 80's. They serve appetizer type food and it's pretty damn good. The drinks are reasonably priced and they are not skimpy on the alcohol. You get your monies worth. They have a "Stairway to Heaven" area which is a sofa-filled balcony area that over looks the dance floor. The dance floor is huge and has two go-go style cages for you dancers to strut your stuff in. Two bars... lots of bartenders and waitresses. Everyone fits in at FunkyTown. It's a really great place to party. So start making your plans to come out and join us. Anyone and everyone is welcome to come out and join us to have a few drinks, dance their asses off and partake in lots of laughing. So grab your friends and head on out and join us for some fun. Relax, mingle and make some new friends. No pressure, no expectations.

Time & Location Details :
8pm to close (3am)!
FunkyTown
8300 Blue Parkway, Kansas City, MO. 64133
You'll end up turning onto Blue Pkwy Drive off of E. 63rd St. and then follow it around to the Funky Town entrance.
(816) 737-3865
Seating: We have 100 seats reserved under the Plenty of Fish name for this event! The reserved seats will only be held until 9pm at which time the signs are picked and anyone can grab them. So come early and help save tables/seats. FunkyTown can only hold 600 people max so get there early!
Cost: $5.00 cover charge. FunkyTown cards everyone so don’t forget to bring that ID with you!

NOTE A: The doors open at 8pm and the music starts around 9:15pm. The 8pm to 9:15pm time frame is the perfect time for you to meet new people, make new friends and dancing buddies, before it gets wild and crazy.

NOTE B: The ultimate goal here is to meet and make some new friends and to just have fun. Keep an open mind; first impressions are not always correct. Be prepared to approach the group. We are generally very friendly to new people, but we can't always tell who is there to meet/join the group. (Sometimes it is easier to come with a member who has been to an event before, or if you are uncomfortable approaching the group, approach an individual who will help introduce you to the group.) You can always approach the event organizer "Host" and ask them for help. We usually have people that will introduce you around if you want or need that. This is not intended to be a hook up meet even though that could happen for some. And again you must remember, these meet and greet events are what "YOU" make them. "YOU" have to take some initiative and say hi and make yourself known to people. So when you come, look for tables marked Plenty of Fish, say hi and grab a seat. Have fun and be yourself that is all we ask. You don't even have to be a member of any site to join us... ever. So grab a friend or two and come on out.

NOTE C: IT IS NOT REQUIRED FOR SOMEONE TO SIGN UP IN ORDER TO COME OUT AND JOIN IN ON THE FUN. IF YOU WANT TO COME OUT BUT DON'T WANT TO SIGN UP THEN DO IT. EVERYONE AND ANYONE IS WELCOME, SIGNED UP OR NOT, MEMBER OR NOT! The sign up thing is just to help us get an approximate number of how many might come and how many seats to reserve or try to save.

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!
Some members are going to be meeting for dinner prior to heading out to FunkyTown. If your interested in getting a bite to eat and meeting some of the members prior to going to FunkyTown, here are the details.

Where & When:
Ruby Tuesday
14001 E. 40 Highway
Kansas City, MO 64136
Phone: 816-373-6465
6pm until approx. 7:45pm

This should give us plenty of time to order and eat without being rushed. Anyone that wants to join us is more then welcome. This is a great time for newbies (event virgins) to meet some of the members before mixing it up with the bigger group. It would be helpful if those planning on joining us for dinner would post that they are coming so we can call the restaurant ahead of time and give them a heads up as to how many seats we will be needing.

People are welcome to discuss this event and post any relevant comments/suggestions and or ideas they may have. Constructive comments are welcome. Bashing, insulting, or slamming the event or other posters will not be tolerated and those posts will be deleted ASAP. Thank you.

Following Members are Attending This Party... Average Member Brings Along 3 Guests

Admiral Mac

alikat755

charlene0729

comingsoon 2u

d_a_m

dancenightly

Daniel0825

david4175

dkt5095

Eric53

gigi046

GREYWOLF50

hotkmr73

kat_in_kc

kcblakangel

KCMOLady

kdbugg

ksangel68

lisankcmo

markybolton_OP

Mr Gummischuh

pegluvsflags

pompano2

seaoflove

smile4u08

spicedsugar33

strikemaster

t_h_o_r

thingamabawb

tinman_in_ks

30 people are attending
 Charlene0729
Msg: 2
Kansas City and surrounding areas ~ April 19th 2008 ~ 8:00pm ~ FunkyTown
Posted: 3/30/2008 3:33:17 PM
WOO HOO! It's my kid free weekend My dancing shoes are ready.
Yes Katte, Funky Town is always good for birthday celebrations (with or without the birthday person there lol)
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/30/2008 3:54:21 PM
Start spreading the word... Send out those personal invites... Scour the new members list... I'll be sending out the mass email the weekend of the 5th so lets try to get as many signed up prior to the mailing as possible .
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 4
Move over Charlene!
Posted: 3/30/2008 4:08:13 PM
Are we wanting to meet early for dinner prior to heading out to FunkyTown? If so let's pick a place ASAP so we can get the info up in the main post. Let's try and meet at 6pm if we are going to meet. That gives people plenty of time to order and eat. What about Ruby Tuesday at 14001 E. 40 Highway, Kansas City, MO 64136. It's only like 8 miles from FunkyTown off Noland Rd and 40 HWY. Any other ideas?
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 5
Move over Charlene!
Posted: 3/30/2008 6:05:59 PM
I updated the main post with the Ruby Tuesday info and address. I think meeting at 6pm gives us plenty of time to order and eat with out being rushed .
 Charlene0729
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/31/2008 3:15:56 AM
Ruby Tuesday's sounds good to me. I'm open for anything. Maybe it'll be a nice day & I can get some geocaching in before dinner.
Like Gummi said, start spreading the word about Funky Town
So who all has birthdays in April?
 GiGi046
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2008 7:09:22 AM
Sorry bout that direct hit there.......I try to control that girl but it's getting harder......guess some friends shouldn't drink.....she's kinda like a train wreck here lately......once again sorry.......maybe I better leave her at home next time......

GiGi
 SecretFormula09
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/31/2008 7:36:09 AM
14 people signed up in less than 24 hours...AWESOME...Jan, Feb and March were all very big parties, but I feel like this one is gonna surpass those!!!! Let's see a show of hands from all my fellow fishies and all new fishies who want to come out and PARTY ON!!! I know it is never a requirement to sign up, but it signifies all of our enthusiasm and gets the fever going...The more the merrier...It is a great time! And each and every one of us is important to make it great...We all bring something special to each event...OURSELVES....Also, I want to take this opportunity to personally thank the people who go the extra mile...Sid, Jazz, Tpot...It is greatly appreciated...Thanks much...See ya all at Funky Town...Anne
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/31/2008 9:00:06 AM

I know it is never a requirement to sign up, but it signifies all of our enthusiasm and gets the fever going...The more the merrier...It is a great time!

I have to totally agree with this statement. I have also noticed that when people come to an event thread and see a lot of people signed up, it is more of an incentive for them to sign up and come out. Most people don't want to waste their time to attend an event that might have 10 people show. But when they see that 100+ are planning to come out it gets people to thinking. Signing up doesn't mean you have to come. But we do ask and would like for everyone planning on attending, wanting or thinking about attending to sign up. For those on the bubble... the newbies... event virgins... Sign up and start talking with people through the forums, email those already signed up and talk to them about the event or your POF experiences. Start communicating with other members that are attending and it will make things easier for you if and when you do come out. If your shy or need some help... email allshookup98 or myself and we will either help you or help hook you up with someone who can.
 Soonergirlinkc3331
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2008 3:45:25 PM
Its not my kid free weekend, so I will have to sit this one out.
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/31/2008 6:01:10 PM
All I know is GiGi's friend or whoever she is put on pretty good show when the band sang Nelly's ~ Hot in Herre . I vote that GiGi brings her out for an encore performance .
 Charlene0729
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/31/2008 6:58:18 PM
Guess I missed the ex truckerdude getting "hit".
Yes, Roni we have to work on getting the "kid free" weekends aligned.
Now, back to FUNky Town I think it's a good sign that so many signed up so soon after this was posted. We need our FUNky fix!!!!!
 GiGi046
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2008 7:16:52 AM
If she behaves I may bring the bad girl back out.......I wouldn't mind the flashing dolphin pin.......sometimes she just gets a little too crazy for comfort......I did tell her she'd make a great stripper........we'll see if she's there or not........
 GiGi046
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2008 7:19:16 AM
And she did say Niteowl that she was not drunk just tipsy......think someone is in denial here......but hey it was all in fun right?
 kdbugg
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2008 1:45:51 PM
Hey tpot. Bring the rest of the fish necklaces. My g-daughter found mine named it and calimed it!

So can we just call you the man formerly known as truckerdude? Maybe hooty!

Looking forward to funky town again.
 Soonergirlinkc3331
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2008 4:40:07 PM
Aligning the kid free weekends would be nice, but seems impossible. I know everyone will have a great time. Have a drink for me!!!!!!!!
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 17
Posted: 4/1/2008 5:50:27 PM

javascript:smilie

I notice these a lot in your posts Onrey? What is up with that? I've seen it on a few other's postings to.
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/2/2008 9:46:52 PM
Is she a member of POF? I'll make sure she gets in .
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/2/2008 11:32:58 PM
I'm going to throw this bit of helpful info as an FYI for those who want to come out and party but not have a head banging headache the next day. Head over to the Whole Foods store in Overland Park. And pick yourself up a couple bottles of a drink called Urban Detox. It's made by a company called Function Drinks, its formulated by doctors and you find it in the energy drink section. Drink one before you head out for the night and drink one when you get home before going to bed. I like to have another one for when I get up in the morning, just in case. But I have tried this stuff and it really did work for me. But you have to get it at the Whole Foods at 91st and Metcalf. The old Wild Oats which is also a Whole Foods now doesn't carry it at this time.
 Charlene0729
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/3/2008 4:02:04 AM
Now why would anyone have a headache the next day???
I find that if you drink in moderation (yea right lol) OK -- How about drinking water in between the good drinks. After 11pm at Funky Town the water is free. Try asking for a glass of water every other drink (also cuts down on the bar bill & quenches your thirst after all the dances).
 lisankcmo
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/3/2008 12:05:09 PM
Well..this will be my first outing with plentyoffish....just wondering if anyone wants to carpool with me..i live in gladstone....drop me a line.....lol
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 22
Posted: 4/3/2008 4:50:57 PM
It's good to see new members signing up . I'm hoping to hit 50 before I send out the mass email this weekend. Keep spreading the word and inviting everyone you chat or email with.
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 23
Posted: 4/3/2008 10:09:32 PM
Your absolutely right... this is will be the perfect night for you to attend your first FunkyTown event and to introduce your friends to this place, especially if they're all women and they all love to dance . I love to see new members hit that sign up button and I love to hear that they are bringing friends along. Just a reminder to all those event virgins. FunkyTown opens their doors at 8pm and the music starts around 9:15pm. Our reserved seats are held only until 9pm but that hasn't been an issue the past 3 events. We have had all 100 seats filled plus more members before the 9pm deadline. get there as early as possible so that you don't have to wait in line and so that your sure to get a table. We all share no matter what so even if they fill people will share with you. We also recommend coming out to the pre-event dinner meet if your available and able. This is a great time to grab a bite to eat and to meet some of the members early and give you a head start on finding people to hang with. Oh... and all new female members are required to find me and introduce themselves and say hi .... j/k .
 Saphiraa
Msg: 24
Posted: 4/4/2008 4:56:17 PM
I went to my first POF gather at DiCarlos last weekend with some prodding..

Although noone sat on my lap (Except GiGi's crazy friend ) I had a good time and everyone was super nice!!

So I will be there on the 19th!!!!
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/5/2008 3:20:34 PM
Looks like we might be in the 70's by the time this night rolls around. Going to be a great night to be out and about on the town hanging with the POF crowd .
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Kansas City and surrounding areas ~ April 19th 2008 ~ 8:00pm ~ FunkyTown