Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > every girl is a potential gf?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
every girl is a potential gf?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
OP,
IMHO.... There are no hard and fast rules.
 TheLimey
Msg: 11
view profile
History
every girl is a potential gf?
Posted: 3/30/2008 7:28:58 PM

A guy told me today that single guys see every non-ugly girl they meet as a potential date/gf, is that true?
I always thought you get to know someone first, and then maybe become attracted to them...

He was being polite, what he actually meant was he divides all women into 2 groups, those he'd have sex with.. & those he wouldn't.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2008 8:07:06 PM

A guy told me today that single guys see every non-ugly girl they meet as a potential date/gf, is that true?
I never thought so. But I've hardly dated, and never been in a long-term relationship. I've been told to think that way, because it works as a way to find a girlfriend. It's just another way of looking at the glass "half-full". Optimism is a requirement for a relationship, or so I've been told.

Edit: Even if it's true, that doesn't mean that every guy just wants to have sex with you. It would just mean that every guy who is single, will give you a chance, if you are interested in dating him.
 ShadowLands
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2008 9:21:28 AM

Sounds like a moron or a sexist pig. Or both. Let's just call him a dumbazz and be done with this one, m'kay?
 NancyC123
Msg: 27
Posted: 4/1/2008 9:52:58 PM
I'm agreeing with UB on this one. Now, I have to say, that my last long-term relationship (that lasted 7 years, actually), we were friends FIRST and then became attracted to each other and that was all well and good. But, it ended (ME ending it, by the way) because I became honest with myself and realized I WASN'T attracted to him physically after all and that we should've never escalated our friendship to something it shouldn't have been.

So, the next relationship I hope to be in, I'm definitely going to make sure I'm 100% attracted to him FIRST and hopefully, his personality will match the physical attractiveness - then it'll be a perfect match for me.

I also agree that I wouldn't date someone that I wouldn't want to have sex with, either. All good points, Ub!
 nipoleon
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2008 2:26:47 AM
I'd like to think it's not true, but you'd be surprised at who you end up in bed with.
You'd also be surprised at who's a really great lay.
After all, being the #1 draft pick doesn't mean you're going to the Super Bowl.
 fossape
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2008 9:59:17 AM
'A guy told me today that single guys see every non-ugly girl they meet as a potential date/gf, is that true?
I always thought you get to know someone first, and then maybe become attracted to them...'

yes it is true, but I think it is more vulgar than that, that every girl a guy approaches is for the purposes of getting laid
physical attraction comes first, I can't see it any other way, male or female
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > every girl is a potential gf?