Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do you think some people are meant to be alone?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 redneckgirl133
Msg: 3
Do you think some people are meant to be alone?Page 1 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
I think lots of people are comfortable being alone...
 Lusty Kitty2
Msg: 6
Do you think some people are meant to be alone?
Posted: 5/30/2005 6:44:42 AM
I think that some people are happier that way. I have never seen myself married to anyone, but I dont want to be alone. I just know that if it is my fate to never have a partner for life, I will be okay. Yet it still would be nice to have that person to share hopes, dreams, and fears with.
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/30/2005 7:19:11 AM
NO........some choose to be alone...........no 1 on POF wants to be alone forever or else they wouldn't be here,even those looking for platonic friends.
 Lusty Kitty2
Msg: 11
 Lusty Kitty2
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/30/2005 7:58:32 AM
So Apocx do you think that fear is the deciding factor in being alone?
 Lusty Kitty2
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/30/2005 8:19:14 AM
Jet you are a sweetie, one day it will happen, if not you always have me.
 Lusty Kitty2
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/30/2005 8:31:11 AM
bretsgirl,
I didnt have my son until I was 4 months from my 30th birthday. I also made the decision to have him on my own. There is no rule saying that you can not have a child by yourself.

@jet anytime darlin
 YamIhere
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2005 8:32:14 AM
I don't think some people are "meant" to be alone because that would insinuate destiny, in which I do not believe. I do think some people are better off alone because their personality just does not allow for someone else to be accepted as part of their life.
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/30/2005 9:26:43 AM

I don't feel that you can rightfully speak for everybody on POF. I'm sure there are some here who feel that they want to, or are meant to be alone. It's not how I feel, but I'm sure there are some who do.

I wasn't claiming to speak for everyone on POF. While you may have misconscrued it,my statement speaks to the fact that EVERYONE who is on POF is on POF to make a connection of some type with ANOTHER. In this sense they do not want to be alone.Opinion,yes,based upon logic. My statement does not speak to what someone "feels". That I cannot and do not do, without knowledge of individual.
 Alistair10
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/30/2005 6:45:06 PM
Meant to be alone? Nah.. I prefer "Terminally Single"

I sure hope I'm not meant to be alone....shudders..that would be a miserable existence for me. I wanna be walking hand-in-hand with her when we're 82...goin' to the movies and still trying to cop a feel. laff
 CareToBoxOutOfTheRing
Msg: 37
Posted: 5/30/2005 6:45:46 PM
Ofcoarse not... If we were meant to be alone; God would of made one person, not two. We were meant to recreate, which takes two people. I know I have been alone for a while and it is stress free at times. The again at time its stressful because of being alone...
 oneafternoon
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2005 8:01:10 PM
Yes , i think some people are meant to be alone. Sometimes some people have alot of Responsibilities and they come before friends and relationships. I've never been one too have friends . It's just easier being alone and not having too explain yourself too those. But i do love to help people!
 windover
Msg: 40
Posted: 5/30/2005 10:55:18 PM
I thought I was meant to be alone.

I'd given up, didn't like dating. Always felt like a white interrogation light was being shined on me at dates. I was asked questions like...

Where were you born?

Are you parents still together?

How many brothers and sisters do you have?

Do you like dogs?

Well gee, my idea of getting to know someone is...

"What are you views on abortion"?

Do you consider yourself a traditionalist?

What do you think of our current President?

What are your views of women in general? In politics?

Where have you been in the United States? Have you been to any of the National Parks? Do you like the outdoors?

My views on getting to know someone were not based on "What highschool did you go to?"

This was tragically frustrating for me, and I was thru with dating. Not only that, but I was sure the right one for me was not out there. Or, maybe I'd just passed him in a crowd and not known it was him.

Honestly had reconciled with myself that I would be alone and grey due to my standards that I wanted a man with brains, or at least enough brains to figure out what questions it takes to get to know someone.

Long story short, I met the love of my life online 8 years ago.

Don't give up.

It does happen.

Hugs

windover
 Pandy
Msg: 44
Posted: 5/31/2005 12:41:12 AM
I don't think anyone is "meant" for anything...the future is what we make of it all on our own.
No predestiny, no fate....just US and the decisions we make.
 YamIhere
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2005 11:46:18 AM
^^^^^^^^^^
 YamIhere
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2005 11:48:29 AM
I don't think anyone is "meant" for anything...the future is what we make of it all on our own.
No predestiny, no fate....just US and the decisions we make.

Add "deep" to smart, pretty and Ellie-Mae-Clampett accent when flustered. Quite the complete package there Miss Pandy, hmmmm!
 Pandy
Msg: 50
Posted: 5/31/2005 2:06:39 PM

"Add "deep" to smart, pretty and Ellie-Mae-Clampett accent when flustered. Quite the complete package there Miss Pandy, hmmmm"

Awwwww....yer so sweet
 born2rescue
Msg: 53
Posted: 5/31/2005 3:55:38 PM
i have lived alone along time, ment to be alone not sure lonely at times yes, push a relationship where it shoudnt go NO WAY
 born2rescue
Msg: 56
Posted: 5/31/2005 4:08:50 PM
i mean by all means i would love a great girlfriend and i would hope and would try to make it all work but if am alone i still have myself
 WeekendHuntressKatelynn21
Msg: 57
Posted: 5/31/2005 4:11:09 PM
The self sabatogers...
They are the ones that are meant to be alone...
I'm begining to think I'm one of them.

Hopeful for hope yet... but still wary.

Katelynn
 WeekendHuntressKatelynn21
Msg: 58
Posted: 5/31/2005 4:16:19 PM
Who mentioned the G word?
We have a seperate thread for him/her/it.
This is gonna heat up if there isn't some change of topic here...
Religion is not something that is lightly discussed.

Katelynn
 Ticketoride
Msg: 60
Posted: 6/1/2005 4:19:08 AM

A personal Choice, nothing more, nothing less ...
 Mr O
Msg: 62
Posted: 7/28/2005 6:58:00 AM

After going through many forums and reading how some people think,

DEFINITELY!!!
 BuzWeaver
Msg: 65
Posted: 7/28/2005 8:31:17 PM

Besides nuns and priest do you think some people are never meant to find someone?

Not even Nuns or Priest are meant to be alone, human beings are social beings.
 always_striving
Msg: 67
Posted: 7/29/2005 4:23:13 AM
It's mainly their own problem, I had a former girlfriend that said she was single for years and that was o.k. with that.

My thoughts are: You have some kinda lunacy issues chick. I am sure she is once again enjoying her singularity ........odd one out to be forgotton. There are plenty-O-fish out there that want the company of another, me being one of course.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do you think some people are meant to be alone?