Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > SAGGING PANTS, crotch at the knees ... Do genitals really go down tha      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cotter
Msg: 1
view profile
History
SAGGING PANTS, crotch at the knees ... Do genitals really go down that far? Page 1 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
I dunno … I'm not sure what to make of it.

I'm a nurse and I've seen my fair share of gear that does hang (pretty low), but I can't say that it's a dilemma every second or third boy shares.

Have we produced a whole generation of super boys with genitals that really do hang to their knees?

Is there an advantage for males to wear their pants like that?

I mean does it feel better when the crotch is all the way down at the knees?

Do the "boys" really need/want that kind of room to bounce around in?

Oh ... and one last question ... what are they "hanging on to" down there?

They always seem to be hanging onto their pants (or something) while they walk along ... sort of in that "thug-like" walk that they do. One hand is always clutching something.

Are they just holding up their pants or are they really keeping tabs on their gear?
 cotter
Msg: 2
view profile
History
SAGGING PANTS, crotch at the knees ... Do genitals really go down that far?
Posted: 3/31/2008 2:44:07 PM

Stand then flush.
OMG ... now I have to clean up the screen on my monitor ... too funny!!!!

I guess it takes a while to get fashion trends out there.
Heavens no ... it's been on the east coast for at least 15 years. I too thought it was just a fashion statement that would pass, but it appears to be here to stay ... at least here in Florida.

I know at least 12 years ago, after the divorce and my son had been living with his father for a while, it was decided that it would be good for him to live with "Mom". When he arrived, he was wearing his pants sagging and the crotch was down at his knees. I know his father does not dress like that. Dad is the neat and tidy type and barely even wore jeans (he's European). I just couldn't imagine that my ex-husband was okay with that "look".

I called him and asked him if he had sent any other clothes with our son as I did not intend to take him out looking like that and he sheepishly confessed that he just couldn't get the boy to wear anything else.

I got it taken care of in about 2 minutes.

I told my son that if he wants to wear his crotch to his knees in my house that he had to prove that his genitals hang down that far … i.e. show me the "beef". Until he was prepared to do that … pants were to be worn appropriately.

There was no further problem … EVER.
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/31/2008 2:45:43 PM
^^^DUDE! Really??

I work on campus, and have seen more than one young man's pants fall down as he walked to class. It's hilarious, and stupid-looking. I am NOT fooled into thinking these young men have long dongs, either, but that's an interesting theory to ponder. On a related note, SENIORS rarely wear these pants, only up until sophomore year. I think they learn that women --actual women, not girls-- laugh at them for that particular fashion choice.
 cotter
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2008 3:00:06 PM
"strangerstill" ...
Visualize a clapper in a bell .....or in this case a clapper in a crapper.
Now cut that out ... you're only 43, things can't be all that bad?

While working at the local jail, I noticed that some of the younger inmates purposely chose to wear the larger pants to maintain the "sagging" look even in jail. One time, while passing out the meds, I firmly told one of them that if he was going to stand in my med line, he needed to pull up his pants ... cover his underwear. (It's not that I really cared about the underwear so much as I just hated the "sagging" look.)

Then I mumbled under my breath ... "Geeze ... he couldn't have gotten his pants much lower and he could have just gone without them!!!"

One of the older inmates told me there's a reason for it ... "Extreme sagging has more to do with advertising ones availability for sex." I looked at him and asked, "You mean in here ... here in jail?" He said not so much in jail as for sure out on the street.

So apparently the lower the guys have their pants sagging (the more boxer that shows?) ... the more available they are for sex.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2008 4:22:47 PM
I've ended up doing this too for a while. About 2 years ago, I lost about 15 pounds, and my trousers were loose on me around the middle. However, when I held them tight with a belt, I found my trousers would press against my stomach, and I physically felt in pain. But when I loosened my belt only a little, enough that I could breathe, my trousers started falling below my hips, and would sag like the young mens' trousers do. I never had this before. Years ago, my trousers would always hold themselves well at my hips.

I think that clothing manufacturers have changed the way trousers are made, that make them deliberately sag.
 cotter
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2008 4:26:46 PM

"Extreme sagging has more to do with advertising ones availability for sex."

If that were true most of us would quit screwing around with pants alltogether. Wonder how I'd look in a kilt.
Oh dear ... now I can't get that visual out of my mind ... I have a very active imagination ...

From what I understand men go "commando" under the kilts ... ... you're already having to "stand before you flush" ...

Be careful "strangerstill" ...
Someone is liable to make you the poster child for that joke ... "Why my husband can't wear shorts."

And that all gets me back to the original question ... and the comment about the more extreme the sagging ...

Maybe those guys are trying to tell us that the the more the pants sag, the bigger it is, the better the sex? After all, the bigger it is, the further the pants have to hang down? I'm beginning to get confused here.

I think the kilts are the best idea yet ...
 Walts
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/31/2008 4:29:57 PM
Whenever my "young ones" come onto one of my jobsites with those pants on they are promptly sent home because of safety reasons. Their pants (or any clothes for that matter) can not cause a tripping hazard. I actually got to fire one of those kids, cause he was a dummy too, trying to argue with me(silly boy) about his "right" to wear what he wanted. I agreed, but I also told him he would be wearing them in the unemployment line. I actually enjoyed talking to labour relations about this one.
 Miss W
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/31/2008 4:31:03 PM
"Extreme sagging has more to do with advertising ones availability for sex."

If that were true most of us would quit screwing around with pants alltogether. Wonder how I'd look in a kilt.

It certainly would be more convenient, look what it has done for the sheep. Maybe kilts in jail too?
 TheLimey
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2008 6:29:04 PM

If that were true most of us would quit screwing around with pants alltogether.

Several of my friends are correctional officers.... This is how they explain it:
The kind of sex they are advertsing is the kind where the guy is bent over a table & has a Playboy centerfold taped to his back....

So if you want to advertise that you "play for the other team".... loose the belt...
 cotter
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2008 7:36:04 PM

The most amusing thing about this thread it's most likely that anyone who DOES go for this fashion trend really, really, REALLY doesn't care in the least what a bunch of middle-aged tsk-ers thinks about it.
Plus, I'm remembering a few old coots & biddies from my youth who rolled their eyes at my mini skirts and midi skirts and maxi skirt and tie-dye shirts. Yeah. Spare me from being one, now.
Ya ... I guess it's really apparent to me because everywhere I go here in Florida ... that's pretty much all you see ...

There are two types here doing the same thing ...
**The younger guys running around in those sagging pants have longer sort of mused up hair, and drive older model cars that they pimp out with those loud woofers ... you know that obnoxious BA-BOOM, BA-BOOM crap.

**The older guys running around in those sagging pants (appear to be in their late 30's/early 40's) are basically skin heads, driving late model cars (some barely a year old) but also decked out with those loud woofers ... obviously also playing that obnoxious BA-BOOM, BA-BOOM crap.

That's why I asked if it has something to do with your "boys" just wanting more room to bounce around in ... you know while jamming to the that hip hop sh!t ...
 TheLimey
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2008 7:48:23 PM

The most amusing thing about this thread it's most likely that anyone who DOES go for this fashion trend really, really, REALLY doesn't care in the least what a bunch of middle-aged tsk-ers thinks about it.

Thats the second most amusing thing about it...

The most amusing part is that the kids probably don't even know they are advertising that they take it up the tradesmens entrance to a bunch of ex-cons....
 NiceMiamiGuy
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/1/2008 6:07:35 AM
I hate to be the one that spoils it for the rest of us....
but...
the wearing of poor fitting cloths is just a sign that they lack education and have no money

to prove my point
show me anyone successfull that dresses that way?
yep... cant find one... can you?

So, subconsciencely they are doing everyone a favor
Its not like they will have a sign on their back that says
"I dont care,
I will never care
I will never amount to much in life"

instead they just dress the way they do...
just be thankfull these looses dont dress respectfully
 cotter
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2008 2:59:17 PM

It certainly does explain the term "Doing things half-assed."
Actually, on my way to work this AM ... it was the "whole" A$$ (covered with loud printed boxers) that was hanging out. The man was walking a child to school standing at the school crosswalk. The little child had on baggy shorts as well, but his were still up around his waist.

Nonetheless ... the child's shorts were sooooo baggy that I actually thought the child was attending school in his "super-sized" swim trunks or perhaps child-sized kulotte. Looking in my crystal ball ... I see that little boy with the waist of his pants down under the cheeks of his butt in approximately 4 to 5 years ... the child appeared to be kindergarten age.

The man was "hip-hoppin" to his ipod as they stood there. You all know the stance ... his mouth going (as he sang/spoke the words), one hand holding his "whatevers" (I assume his "gear") and the other hand pointing around ...with his fingers all contorted ... the movements were almost spasmotic. I suppose he might have easily been listening to Bach or Beethoven ... but somehow I doubt it.

Now there's a visual any young mother wants to see out in front of her child's school ... a full grown man with his pants basically pulled down.

Sigh ... I was so tempted to put down the window and ask him if his genitals hang down to his knees ... ... but first of all he never would have heard my question (his ears were already occupied) and secondly, I didn't want to traumatize the child standing next to him.
 Terraburn
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2008 3:35:35 PM
I never liked wearing them like that, but of course saw it all the time in school and while out.

I see guys walking around holding their pants with 1 hand and a bunch of stuff in the other and all I could think is, "Pull your damn pants up and wear a belt!"

haha, I sound like my dad.
 TheLimey
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2008 4:16:19 PM

As they say ignorance is bliss.

After this comment it appears you're an expert on the subject:

I recall a time when apparently only Bikers & trash had tattoos

Thanks for dissing generations of sailors. Would you like a broader brush for making any more sweeping halfassed statements?
 cotter
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2008 4:55:12 PM
Well believe me ... I consider the "prison" story for an urban myth. I seriously doubt they ever had that situation some 15 years ago when the style first came out. It's just a sorry excuse to walk around with their A$$ hanging out of their pants while they "clutch" their "gear".

Now I can see that "clutching" one's gear and protecting it in a prison setting might be necessary ... but I'm not buying the sagging pants story. We had really and truly invented elastic by the time the "hip-hop" crowd was emerging from prison ...

I work at the county jail and trust me ... no one gets issued any pants that don't fit right. I've seen those inmates from the day they walk in there in booking, then also out in the cells. Some purposely request the larger pants and eventually some deputy gets tired of telling him to pull them up and re-issues the correct size.

The younger inmates are the only ones even trying to pull off the "sagging pants look". The older inmates just snort at them in disgust. I can even see the reason the younger inmates try to pull off the idea that their "gear" might be big ... it projects manliness? They want to be considered manly so they can get off the porch and run with the big dogs?

Bottom line is ... the gear really doesn't hang down to their knees and it's all a show. Sh!t ... from what I've had to look at ... with a few exceptions ... most of them really have nothing to even write home about. Many of them don't even bother to put their orange pants on before coming to the door to get their medication (in the lock down units) ... and it gets real old, real fast ... looking at men in their boxers.

Just a big bunch of "Punk Baby Sissies" ...
 Sweet_Romance
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2008 6:02:17 PM
I don't like that look at all, even men that wear jeans that bag at the front because they haven't replaced their clothes in like forever!!!
Give me a nice A$$ in a pair of properly fitting jeans, yum!!!
 tosii2
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2008 5:38:24 AM
I think it is an ugly fashion (and what generation hasn't said that about a previous or next generation??). I look on these clothes as sort of a dare among the set that wear them... how low, how baggy, how much show, etc.

Personally, I do not like loose fitting clothing generally because the folds tend to bind up when moving. I like close fitting, stretchy pants that sit low on the waist (because I don't like things tight on my belly and my hips work well for something for the pants to hang onto.)

In a like vein, what about men's swimwear these days? I find it hard to believe that guys are actually comfortable wearing these long pants down to (or below) their knees. awfully clammy when wet and make really lousy tan lines to boot! LOL Give me a pair of briefs (speedos) any day (or nothing which is best of all!).

Fashion is funny thing and funnier still is how people often think that a new fashion is indecent in some way...

hugs!

Terryjavascript:smilie('')
javascript:smilie('')
 g-rocka
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2008 9:21:34 AM
It's fashion.

Every time a new trend comes out there are people young and old that disprove of it.

Wearing saggy pants is about comfort, image, or they're practical for stealing.

What are high heels and skirts for? Protection from the elements? Mobility? Pfff Yeah right.

What about makeup, why do you waste your time applying silly colours to your face? and thats been done for generations.

Some women say it's to make them feel better about themselves, not to make them more attractive to men, or ever other women.

These boys want to appear attractive to young women (or girls) that are into hip hop culture, or they just want to fit in.

Why not criticize the guys wearing skin tight jeans, girl's haircuts, and make-up.
 fossape
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2008 9:54:37 AM
its a question of rebellion, comfort, and laziness all rolled into one ;)
 fossape
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2008 9:56:18 AM
'I don't know about you, but I see saggin' 10X shirts and size 48 pants a whole lot more often than the girly guys. Saggers and emos are the most prevalent and I'm not prejudiced, I take shots at both of them.'

yea but, thats hot, its as hot as say, a muslim girl with a hajib
 northeast25
Msg: 22
Posted: 4/2/2008 11:07:44 AM
I agree with many of the points that cg789 and g-rocka made. If you don't like a style of clothing, that's fine. But don't stereotype someone to be a thug or a thief because they wear baggy clothing. I wouldn't assume that a man is gay because he wears tight pants. I wouldn't stereotype a person to be a redneck or a geek based on what they wear.
 TheLimey
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2008 12:07:10 PM

Don't know a thing about other mens "gear", but I've heard that due to very high estrogen intake - the young men in europe today are endowed with little stubs. The estrogen intake in the U.S. is not far behind...

Interesting comment as there seems to be evidence that the US use of growth hormones in animal feed is what is causing "roid shrinkage" among US males..
 cotter
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2008 8:31:43 PM

Baggy pants makes it easier to steal stuff. There's a practical application to the trend. Maybe this is why it's lasted longer than a year or two.
That might make sense when it comes to stowing the stolen articles in the pants ... but with the crotch down to the knees ... how are they gonna run very fast?

Wouldn't that be like watching a woman run in a really tight skirt ... gets nowhere fast?
 cotter
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2008 6:18:23 AM

I still think it's nonsense to make character judgements about these baggy-pants people.
I don't have to make "character judgments" on those wearing the sagging pants ... I see what they're up to. They are so plentiful here, you can't miss it.

Actions speak louder than words.
**If they're going to linger around in gangs and act like hoodlums ... play loud obnoxious BA-BOOM, BA-BOOM hip-hop sh!t with no respect to their neighbors or fellow drivers, then ya ... they're going to be judged.
**If they're going to go into retail stores, or malls in large groups and heckle other shoppers, or just make messes, then leave ... then ya ... they're going to be judged.

Wouldn't it be funny if some of the saggy-panted guys who are being mocked here are simultaneously watching a short-skirted 50-something woman walk by, and laughing, making incorrect assumptions, etc.?
From what I've seen, that is typical behavior of the saggy-panted guys ... it's not really a "what if" situation. They hang out at malls and on street corners mocking those of us who are actually doing something with our lives ... making something of ourselves. When I see it, I often wonder if they themselves have looked in a mirror recently.

I'd wager the 50-something woman in the short skirt has a job ... but I wonder how many of the guys "hanging out" making fun of her ... DO actually work? Which leads me to my next question ...

Where the H3ll are they getting the money to buy cars, then pimp them out with those expensive woofers, and then buy the recored hip-hop sh!t to blow through those woofers, and then add to that, the price of gas and how much it costs just to "cruise" around blasting their fellow motorists with their crap?

Just two streets over from where I live (middle class area), a whole house of those guys was busted. They had all kinds of stolen goods in there, drugs, guns, you name it ... it was there. They were living in absolute disgust, but when they went out ... they had the latest in the sagging pants style on ... they had older but well kept up cars that were all pimped out with the woofers.

They had been renting the house and the homeowner was not local. Their criminal activity was discovered through a sting operation. That house was not the only one involved, but it was the only one in the neighborhood.

OH DEAR ... I think I answered my own question ... YIKES!!!!!

If you ask me ... if people are judging them ... it's definitely something they are bringing on themselves.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > SAGGING PANTS, crotch at the knees ... Do genitals really go down that far?