Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > A crazed friend shows up on date to confront her about her sexlife...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 packagedealx3
Msg: 2
view profile
History
A crazed friend shows up on date to confront her about her sexlife...any experience with this??Page 1 of 1    
Do the words he chose matter? He was disrespectful and hateful because he wanted to score a hit and figured that would do it, and he was right. Hit her where it would hurt the most.

Obviously he was upset that she did not choose him. More often men but sometimes women too do not hear someone when they tell them that it won't matter if they are free, etc., they do not feel that way, permanent friend zone.

This is the type of guy that will put up a thread talking about how he has been this girl's friend through thick and thin and they she chooses some other guy over her. The only reason she was overwhelmed with your reaction is because she is used to people that are jealous.

Why would you handle it differently? She had no control over what he did. She tried to deal with the situation at the time and has handled it since. What is there to be upset over?
 Adam 4 Coffee
Msg: 5
A crazed friend shows up on date to confront her about her sexlife...any experience with this??
Posted: 4/1/2008 9:24:05 AM
Wow you bothhave problems! Stalkers, failed marriages, and kids.... Break up with her and solve your own problems, maybe go to another state!
 ShadowLands
Msg: 6
view profile
History
A crazed friend shows up on date to confront her about her sexlife...any experience with this??
Posted: 4/1/2008 9:55:10 AM

Has anything like this ever happened to you before? How did you handle it? She was really floored that I didn't fly off the handle on her or this guy, and assume the worst. She's given me no reason to doubt her and in fact every reason TO trust her. I was upset with him because he clearly saw us go in together, which is why he called and ranted to her on the phone. But I was staying out of it, unless he got into the building somehow and came up to her apartment. Then it may have been fight night at the Apollo! I felt disrespected by him but at the same time we don't know each other and what respect does he owe me? But I think the damage was done in his disrespecting her. She was mortified, and rightfully so. But I brushed it off, and she couldn't believe that I was so understanding. So I wonder. How have others handled this type of situation where an ex or a friend steps in and confront her or them about their relationship? If you haven't had this happen before how do you think you would handle it in the future?

Two words for ya', Bub: BEAR MACE

Keep a can by the door of her place and yours.

If he shows up again, call the police and report him. That is the responsible, law-abiding citizen thing to do. I'd personally stomp a mudhole in him...but that's just me.

Been there, done that, proudly wear the t-shirt.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > A crazed friend shows up on date to confront her about her sexlife...any experience with this??