Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Romantic Movie Ramblings.....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 1
Romantic Movie Ramblings.....Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I like to watch romantic movies along with action flicks and horror movies. But it seems that I am a real sucker for the occasional romantic comedy or chick flicks as some may refer to them and they always seem to come on while I’m home alone on a Friday or Saturday night. They seem to be the ones with some decent witty or clever adult premise like Serendipity, The Wedding Singer, The Notebook or How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. And by the end of the movie and at parts during the movie I can find myself tearing up thinking, I wish that were me or why can’t I find someone or be in a situation like that. I think of myself as a hopeless romantic so that brings me to this question. Why do you think the hopeless romantics like myself do this? We throw ourselves into these fictional stories, fantasizing about meeting "the one" under those potentially perfect situations? Does a woman think any less of a man who gets emotional during the romantic parts? Which are your favorite romantic movies and which ones bring the tears to your eyes? The most romantic tear jerking movie of all time is…….?
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 3
Romantic Movie Ramblings.....
Posted: 4/3/2008 7:28:46 AM
OMGawd, this should be in the "Things that make you go hmmm" thread!! Sid actually has a soft side?! Wow! Hmmmmm!!!!! LMAO

If you loved 'The Notebook' then check out 'Evening' because this was an awesome movie! *sigh* Still in a fuzz from watching last night! ;O)

Does a woman think any less of a man who gets emotional during the romantic parts?

Quite the opposite actually! A man who is in touch with his emotions and can appreciate romanticism and such, is MAJORLY GOOD! ;O)

Other movies that I can cry with every time I see them: Titanic, Ghost, Dying Young, Sweet November, and sooo many more!
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/3/2008 7:49:03 AM
More like it should be on Ripley's Believe It or Not ... Fact is I am a well rounded multi-sided guy. The forums show one side, the events another and those everyone gets to see but not everyone gets to see and experience the 3D version of Gummi .
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/3/2008 7:54:46 AM
Another hmmmm....so what you are saying is, that the forum side of you is all...an act?!? LMAO

Imma more of a "what you see, is what you get" sort! LOL

Romantic movies...Trev and I watched a really good one this past weekend...damnbit Trev! Get your booty over here and remind me of the name of it! Feast of Love, maybe?? It had definite romance...but was so realistic...deep!
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/3/2008 8:10:36 AM
No... the forums can never show the whole you. You see the personality and joking side in here and at the events. But the romantic side... the relationship side... the sides that really need to be seen and experienced in person you don't. Until you go out with someone, spend alone time with someone, talk one on one with someone you will never really truly know what or who that someone is. I always say and think I am the perfect relationship type of guy. I'm just not in on to show and use what I know. And I don't treat every woman the same. Depending on if your an acquaintance, a friend, someone I'm dating etc etc.... the treatment is different. Certain things are reserved for that certain one. Basically I am a what you see is what you get person also. What you see is what you'll get but there is much more to see is all.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/3/2008 9:13:59 AM
Agreed...to a degree!

If you are referring to limiting your postings to certain replies...holding back some...not being toooo personal...

But then there are those who are nothing at all like their "e-persona"...and that, just annoys the crap outta me! Posers, I say! LOL
 imalitltpot
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/3/2008 10:36:41 AM
Sweet Home Alabama
The Wedding Planner
Stepmom
Sleepless in Seattle
Brokeback Mountain
Grease
Dirty Dancing

....to name a few romantic movies!

One of the entertainment shows is doing a recap of romantic movies, and last night they named Kramer vs. Kramer. OMG - what a tear-jerker!!!

The last lines, where Meryl Streep is getting on an elevator and asks Dustin Hoffman "How do I look?" and he responds "[something like] Fabulous." weren't written for the movie.....it was actual raw footage that when the producer saw it, knew it was the end of the movie.

I've got to go watch that one again.......
 butterflykisses31
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/3/2008 10:37:24 AM
Agree with Kat totally posers just make me mad… I am a the what u see here is what u get type too…LOL
Any way back on topic!! LOL
I am not sure if it really is considered a romantic movie but it is defiantly a chick flick that when I need a good cry I pull them out… Terms of Endearment and Evening Star. I know what happens in both and cry every time! Same with Titanic and so many others. I cried in I am Legand the other night at a certain part that i wont tell in case some of you have not seen it....LOL

I think a guy that can cry and show his romantic and sensitive side is a awesome!

I always thought there was a soft side to Sid….LOL
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/3/2008 12:20:39 PM
Wow...'Brokeback Mountain,' hunh? Romantic? To each their own, I guess! LOL

Don't get me wrong...I had absolutely NO problem with the movie plot, the gay relations, etc...it was that it was billed as one of the "greatest love stories" ever...and when I watched it...I did not see a love story, at all! I saw two men who had a homosexual experience; one was more ashamed of such than the other; and they went on to marry, while carrying on a "same time next year" sort of AFFAIR with one another, (and other men, as well.) all the while cheating on their spouses and exposing them to disease! Not "LOVE" in my eyes, sorry!

Butterfly reminded me of 'Steel Magnolias' as another tearjerker! *sigh*

I am actually watching 'I am Legend' tonight...unless I have the willpower to wait for Trev and watch it together! LOL (Prolly not!) Excited now that I hear so many good reviews of it!
 flowerchyld
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/3/2008 1:41:18 PM
Yes Kat it was Feast Of Love..I watched it recently and enjoyed it..
 TheKidof72
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/3/2008 3:50:14 PM
I think my all time favorite "cry your eyes out" movie would have to be Beaches! I can watch that movies 15 times a month and still cry through it.

On a more recent movie, the movie "Ultimate Gift" now that is one that has a great story to it as well as makes you come away from the movies going hmmmm, interesting, but I have watched it 3 times now and have gone through a box of Kleenexes. I was just telling my co-workers about this movie as well yesterday. My best friend said she watched it with her teenage daughters and they all loved it as well. Not a dry eye in the house after that movie.
 kenharleyride
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/3/2008 4:00:10 PM
the movie THE SEARCHERES with JOHN WAYNE in it makes me cry . i cried on the movie with THE ROCK in it he was a football coach but i can not remember the name of it ...

p.s i cant believe a tough gal like Theresa would ever cry..
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/3/2008 4:44:14 PM
Another one that gets me is A Walk to Remember .

I have an idea. Anytime you watch a movie and it makes you cry, post the name of it in here .
 kenharleyride
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/3/2008 4:55:16 PM
DEBBIE DOES DALLAS made me cry but i was real young.................
 butterflykisses31
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/3/2008 7:22:01 PM
OK first have to agree with a few first.... Beaches, Walk to Remember, Steel Magonlia...OMG yes all tear Jerkers....
OK now for a few more i thought of .....

Micheal the one where John Travolta is an Angel. I cry in that one...LOL
YaYa Sisterhood..i know it is a funny movie but i cry in it too....
OK and one last one that my daughter laughs at me cause i cry at the same part all the time lol Click with Adam Sandler when he is old and is laying in the street dying i always cry..lol

ok enough for now...lol
 candles454
Msg: 17
Posted: 4/3/2008 7:29:17 PM
The one that makes me cry every single time I see it is Ghost - Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze....

K
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/3/2008 10:14:07 PM
Talking about movies that will bring you to tears... These aren't romantic movies but The Passion of The Christ and Philadelphia will bring the tears out.

OMG... someone mentioned Brokeback Mountain? There wasn't one single scene in that movie that made me think.... why couldn't that be me or where can I find a guy like that.
 hoopsmom
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/4/2008 4:59:50 AM
Another non-romantic, but tear jerker has to be Brian's Song.....

Then..
Love Story
Terms of Endearment
Bridges of Madison County
 kenharleyride
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/4/2008 5:22:39 AM
lol sid . you mean wondering why with all them sheep there , why did they want each other . that had to had made you cry lol..
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/4/2008 5:59:49 AM
OMGawd, I cried BUCKETS during 'Passion of the Christ' and...I was in a theater!! That just effected me in such a strong way!

Well, I watched 'I am Legend' last night...and honestly, while it was definitely watchable, and made me jump a lot...lol...I was rather disappointed. It had a reallllly slow start...caught myself yawning a few times! I thought it could have been a tad more...well...realistic, when it came to the...were they called hemocytes? If they had left the movie as is...but made it where the hemocytes were not so horror movie like, I think it would have been great! (Hey...I am a realist!)

One thing...it did leave me feeling VERY...alone! After it was over, it just seemed more quiet, like no one was around! LOL And I DID tear up when Sam died!
 butterflykisses31
Msg: 22
Posted: 4/4/2008 7:20:15 AM
Passion of the Christ yes i was in the theater with that one too and needed a box of Kleenex I had to stop eating popcorn in fear of strangling LOL

Kat that was the part that I was saying I cried on too!

This whole cry movie thread makes me want to start a scary movie thread….LOL I might just do that! LOL
 kenharleyride
Msg: 23
Posted: 4/4/2008 7:32:50 AM
no horror movie threads . i dont have anyone to hold me lol.
 ~StL
Msg: 24
Posted: 4/4/2008 7:04:35 PM
Oh Kenny, you know the women are standing in line you hold you

The one that makes me cry every single time I see it is Ghost - Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze. That is one that makes me think, why couldn't I find someone to love me like that even if short lived. ~~~~ 1 Corinthians 13:13 ~~~~~ And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Also, Passion of The Christ.... that was the strangest thing.... during the movie I cried... at the end I guess everyone shed all of their tears and NO ONE said a WORD and the whole theatre just sat there for a few minutes... that was the first time I ever experienced something like that. I do believe that movie had a major impact on me and all that were in that theatre that night.

_Bree_
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/6/2008 5:52:24 AM
I would have to say I too LOVE "Serendipity" and watch it anytime I find it on tv. I choke up every single time and sob huge tears.
Another favorite of mine that alot of people seem to have never heard of is "What Dreams May Come" starring Robin Williams. Everything in that movie is just unbelievable and beautiful!

I don't think those types of movies are only on and watched by single people when they are lonely and not dating anyone, it just seems that way at the time!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 26
Posted: 4/6/2008 8:01:38 AM
Shell and I were just recently talking about 'What Dreams May Come' and I gotsa try and watch it again, cause when I did...I guess I was just not into it at the time or something?! It was almost tooo deep for me! LOL

As far as these kind of movies being watched only by the single and lonely...lol...no...I think I can actually appreciate a good romance, even more so when I am in a relationship that is healthy!
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Romantic Movie Ramblings.....