Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > y does people want to play two people at the same time?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Miashakti
Msg: 3
view profile
History
y does people want to play two people at the same time?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
You need a lot of education my sweet soul

There is a new paradigm happening on this planet that says people can love many people...and of course, why not?

You can of course, disagree..but then you will suffer....read all the posts...they are all about that....

the only solution is to examine and re examine your old beliefs and see if they still fit

Blessings to you

Jivana
javascript:smilie('')

The love you get to keep, is your own
 Miashakti
Msg: 5
view profile
History
y does people want to play two people at the same time?
Posted: 4/4/2008 7:43:44 AM
Peanuts; Did you know that in the top of your profile it says you are 64 years old....

Then scrolling down I see 34.

That's more like it...

You are beautifuljavascript:smilie(':modhammer:')

Jivana
 Miashakti
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2008 8:03:00 AM
Quote: "And the only people who DO buy that are the people who actually do it."

and the ones who do buy it are growing rapdily in numbers, and will have a sort of trickle down effect...but you're right...it's not for everyone...only
intelligent ones IMHO>>>LOL

Check out The Sedona Temple

it Googles
 Miashakti
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2008 8:16:35 AM
only
intelligent ones IMHO.................LOL

And please forgive this tiny bit of arrogance...it is my inner ' little kid ' coming out to play...

but she is really very loving and harmless

javascript:smilie('')javascript:smilie('')
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/4/2008 9:03:54 AM

some believe two in the bush is better than one in the hand

I think you meant to say "One in two bushes is better than one in the hand"

I do not believe it is impossible to love two people at once, BTW. I DO believe it to be impossible to have a truly intimate relationship with two people at once, though. By choosing polyamory, I think one chooses a lack of intimacy. (Argentum...blast away)
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/4/2008 9:10:04 AM

There is a new paradigm happening on this planet that says people can love many people.

This isn't a new paradigm; it is an old one. In fact, it has been in existence since we became human. In the past, men were allowed to have more than one wife and though most were arranged for reasons other than love, it didn't mean that he didn't love them all (if he loved any).

Humans are not meant to be monogamous; if we were, then we would be with one person for life. Instead, we consistently find love in many places, but society dictates that we can only be with one at a time. Society fails to "enforce" its dictate because it is impossible. If our culture had different mores, then we would find nothing wrong with loving more than one person at a time.

Having said all that, OP, does he really "love" both of you or is he merely "playing the field?" (A different designation.) Is he hedging his bets? If you cannot accept his feelings for both of you, then you will have to give him an ultimatum (which he will resent and probably lie about keeping both) or you will have to move on.

The love you get to keep, is your own

Too simplistic. We can have many loves in a lifetime; we might love them for different reasons and in different ways, but there is a plethora of potential mates out there. Loving someone does not guarantee that you will be together until death. Love does not overcome every issue in life, nor does it surmount every obstacle.

There is more than one love for every person, and damn, they are still hard to find.
 Miashakti
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2008 9:46:43 AM
Quote: The love you get to keep, is your own

What I meant here was that growing in self love, is the only one we can 'take to the bank' so to speak.

But for all of thhose interested in finding The One

The book "Calling in the One" is a real gem

it Googles
 Miashakti
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2008 9:54:21 AM
Dont listen to what what some people say peanut63. A REAL man or a REAL woman can only love one at a time. If they dont they are playing with peoples minds and have no morals. MAN I wish I was in my youth back in the fifties. And people wonder why the divorce rate is so high and their is so many single people in this world.

For Chrissakes, Don't listen to this guy..He lives in Vineland, New Jersey for godsakes!!!

Only teasing everyone...

Sometimes I just cant resist..My bad

javascript:smilie('')javascript:smilie('')javascript:smilie('')javascript:smilie('')javascript:smilie('')
 Miashakti
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2008 10:51:02 AM
Yes, I HAVE been in Vineland, N.J.... And so I do speak from experience, as I do on all of my posts, as a matter of fact.

I personally think monogamy is a wonderful thing, and a very high spiritual sadhana, and this may come as a surprise to you, but it is my preferred way of relationship...

However, I have learned much about the other ways from people I love and respect, and I love and respect many points of view on this subject.

One of the sexiest men I have ever been in proximity to is a celibate Buddhist Monk named Za Choeje Rinpoche...

Oh my yummm.what a hunkarama..So, there is much to know about sexuality that does not readily meet the untrained eye.

But the real monogamy is also at the level of 'think out' as well as 'act out' and it has nothing to do with control or morality...it has to do with a deep congruence that knows that all is one, and that by loving one totally, one does indeed love the many, and the all...

I think we all wish for this kind of pure love, but most need education about what that is and how to set the stage for it.javascript:smilie('')
 Miashakti
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2008 11:20:34 AM
Quote:

Havent you ever been in love? I mean real deep passionate love? The kind where you only think of THAT person. When you have no interest in another man. If you have felt it, than how would you feel if that man told you he loved you too but also loved someone else?

Yes, I have...totally and completely.

We lived together in a deep sexual union that was declared non-exclusive, but mostly was, for 6 years. I have been by his side while he made love to another, and was awed by the experience of my own ego dissolving to allow this gorgeous man to be totally who he was...not who I wanted him to be to satisfy my needs..This was not, by any means, easy. But I did it and I am richer for it.

I bit the bullet of possessiveness and jealousy, and the realization that to love is to offer freedom..

"Only think of that person???"Ha!!!...towards the last year of being together we had dinner with Kevin Costner...I did not know who he was at the time,,,he was filming Dances with Wolves... I was so totally 'with' my partner and still gobsmacked with him, and with our journey,,, that I did not care how big a movie star I was dining with....I couldn't wait to get back in the sack with my Beloved..And KC was a real cutie, at that time..although still married to his ex Cindy.

Every word of this is true, my friend,,,every single wordjavascript:smilie('')
 Miashakti
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2008 11:31:46 AM
By the way, whats so bad about NJ? I am 30 min from a major city (Philadelphia) and 30 min from all of the beaches and atlantic city and I live in a rural quiet area. Peace.

N.J. can be a wonderful place...

it just could not be my home...but maybe you could be on he Chamber of Commerce...they need you!!!

Just teasing...my bad...it just leaks out from time to time...Damn
 Miashakti
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2008 11:44:00 AM

A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down, the medicine go down, the medicine go down...javascript:smilie('')

Sorry..I'm in such an impish mood today...

All the best to you Sweet Man

javascript:smilie('')javascript:smilie('')javascript:smilie('')javascript:smilie('')
 Miashakti
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2008 11:47:36 AM
PS.

If you care to broaden your education you may like to look into a man named Matthew Fox (a former priest)

He wrote: "The Coming of The Cosmic Christ" ( among other things).

He calls the bible's attitude towards sexuality the mortal sin of religion...

Something to think about???

Only for those who so choose...javascript:smilie('')
 Wishes Granted
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2008 12:22:08 PM
The song: Torn Bewteeen Two Lovers comes to mind! My question: How does someone who totally believes that you can be in love with two people at once give equally to these two people? If these two you love at once are not living under the same roof with you, how do you give each your loving attention? Unless all three parties are living together how do you harmoniously maintain equally with two people everything that being in love entails ?
Somehow, I don't see how you can and, I see in the forums daily how the "third person in" is mostly hurt and confused and looking for answers.
 Miashakti
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2008 12:33:54 PM
Dear WG

It is not easy to figure out human relationships and how they will work best so that everyone gets enough love...but it seems a journey we are all on, and some of us want to broaden our perspectives to see what the truth is...and some people will go to their graves trying to fit a square peg into around hole. Bless 'em.

But for anyone who really wants answers, or at least possibilities, they ARE out there,.. all one need do is look.

I have offered many many references...

Another is "Loving More" by Deborah Anapol.
 latinlady58
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2008 12:42:00 PM
if you never met him how could he be in love with you? really think about it love does not happen over night, hello
 Miashakti
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2008 12:46:03 PM
HELLO...Indeed

javascript:smilie('')javascript:smilie('')javascript:smilie('')javascript:smilie('')
 Wishes Granted
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2008 1:00:09 PM

It is not easy to figure out human relationships and how they will work best so that everyone gets enough love...but it seems a journey we are all on, and some of us want to broaden our perspectives to see what the truth is...and some people will go to their graves trying to fit a square peg into around hole. Bless 'em.
I truly believe in "each their own" and do my best not to judge those that don't view things the same way. . I think everyone can agree that Honesty and Communication as with all types of relationships is paramount for success.
 Wishes Granted
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2008 2:54:40 PM
@ galonthemt: I think that is what Miashakti was alluding to.. enlightenment if you will, of things other than what we've always been conditioned to believe what "truth" is. (I stand corrected if I've read that wrong)

maybe the guy was practicing his dating skills or just wanting a backup.
If the man in question was not honest about his intentions with the Oposter and the other woman.. then I would tend to have to agree with this observation.
 Miashakti
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2008 3:31:44 PM
Quote: who's truth?........ We all have our own truth.

On one level yes, and from a perpective of the greater field of life, there is the 'truth of what is actually happening'.

And then there is the truth of when and why someone gets triggered....

and that is always a fun one to unravel
 Miashakti
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2008 4:53:47 PM
Quote: I met this guy and he told me that he was in love with me etc....We finally met and I caught him talking to another gal on the phone and come to find out he said he was in love with both of us! I just find that impossible! Y does people want to play others ?

OP:

Some things to think about

"In love"...something wonderful that happens between two people and is sustained and grows deeper over time

You "caught" him ....is he a fish?

"Talking to another gal"...Heavens forbid...Ohmygod...Off with his penis javascript:smilie('')

"in love with both of you"... maybe he is in love with the idea of being in love., maybe he does not know the difference between infatuation, stimulation, and love... Many don't. javascript:smilie('')

Good to begin to see what's what. A life lesson.

"Why does he want to play with others???" javascript:smilie('')

Because he is just playing...which is really okay if you do not expect otherwise...

Did he give you reason to? Saying you love someone is NOT a commitment to be exclusive..Do you know this?

I just wanted to tie up this thread and get back to you since it has taken us a long journey around the park...

You seem very sweet,.... and also very naive.... but this thread has been very generous and really spans the gamut

Thank you for sharing yourself
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > y does people want to play two people at the same time?