Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Day Trip to St Jacobs – Saturday, May 3, 2008      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ANGEL~EYES
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Day Trip to St Jacobs – Saturday, May 3, 2008Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
oooops.....how silly of me.....almost forgot to sign up for the event

besides we can't have this thread hanging out on the second page....can we now?

hope you can make it syllie....will keep fingers and toes crossed

i don't think there is anyone more excited about this trip than i am......well maybe Lucky......who i see has not signed up yet

hope to see more people join us on this once in a life time trip......well we might do it again

star-dust
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Day Trip to St Jacobs – Saturday, May 3, 2008
Posted: 4/6/2008 8:23:09 AM
I would love to go there, been before and its just awsome! Lets hope for a good warm springday with lots of sunshine to boot.
Marion (from London)
 ANGEL~EYES
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2008 12:30:54 PM
kitchna.......are you coming out to play hon??
 ANGEL~EYES
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2008 12:57:25 PM
BBF.......this is indeed one of the best ideas you've come up with and it looks like it's gonna be a total success

i'm so excited about this and can hardly wait to get out there

don't be shy people ....sign up and join us in St Jacobs for a day of fun and friendship

ANGEL~EYES
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2008 1:33:01 PM
Amuised.......hey girl.....glad to see you're signed up

the mod deleted all the "excessive" stuff so we have to watch our P's and Q's and S's and B's

it's my first time to St. Jacobs so i will be all wide-eyed.....it'll be like Christmas i can't wait either
 serendipitypink
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/22/2008 6:48:15 AM
Hi! I am confused...is the trip to the Village of St. Jacobs - nice restaurants, tea rooms, boutiques, or the market - hot, dust, crowded, expensive (lets face it - no one goes out into their fields in Ontario in April to pick fresh tomatoes, corn etc., it all comes through the food terminal in Toronto in some way or another this time of year. It is even too early for local asparagus). Do not want to seem like a "wet blanket". Would just like to know what to expect. Thanks! Linda
 ANGEL~EYES
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2008 12:16:53 PM

I have some room on my mountain bike,

now that's an offer a girl can't refuse......lol

i'll have to remember to wear red <--------- will this do?
 ANGEL~EYES
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2008 2:31:13 PM
Amuised........hope you get your ride girl.....will be nice to have you come out

can't wait to get out there and see everyone

5 sleeps everyone
 Celtic_Angel
Msg: 23
Posted: 4/29/2008 12:49:45 PM
@BBF... I can't make it but here is the link to the map to Picard's Peanuts

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

and here is the link to Picard's:

http://www.picardspeanuts.ca/home

Have a great time everyone and maybe we can do a repeat visit in mid-summer when all the nice fresh veggies are ready.

Cheers!
 ANGEL~EYES
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2008 4:45:58 PM
gypsy963........thanks for your kind words.......baseball fanatic is really the brains behind this event. sorry that you can't make it.....maybe next time

if people are coming in later than 9AM and still want to hook up.....you can email me for my cell #

4 sleeps everyone
 ANGEL~EYES
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2008 6:36:03 AM
baseball fanatic.......

there will be some of the Scarborough Eaters going so naturally there will be some eating done. i'll also have my camera so will be taking some pics

i'm so excited i feel like i'm six years old again
 Syllie
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2008 8:36:39 AM
Confirmed the day off today, booked the rental car, I will be there

WOO HOO 2 more sleeps

-Syllie
 wmdean
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/30/2008 4:53:05 PM
sounds great! its one of my favourite places!

i'd like to welcome you all to come by and say hi at "Shrooms" my little mushroom stand, in the vegetable aisle spot 319

its my opening day for my 6th the year out there, and Rex (a fellow POF'r....also a good guy) and i would love if you stopped by said hello.

please....this is not an ad, but you will end up getting a deal on some fantastic mushrooms, we've got all kinds of them!

and i know my way around there......as in the best things to eat out that is lol! come hungry..........you'll love it!

see you saturday

Dean
 photopilot1
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2008 7:28:37 PM
Hmmm..... so you want me to wear red.

Ok, no problem. I'll wear my Habs Sweater.

Am I still invited?

A still hopefull Habs fan.
Steve
 ANGEL~EYES
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2008 9:35:46 AM
saam56.......i have made the offer to people who will be joining later to email me and i'll give them my cell #. you can call when you get there and i can tell you where we are. if that works for you then email me

bring the umbrellas people and maybe we'll get lucky and won't need them

can't wait to see you syllie

one sleep....whoohoo
 ANGEL~EYES
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2008 9:49:13 AM
sorry for my tardiness in posting.....but better late than never

what can i say.......apple fritters........mmmmmmmmm. had the last one this morning for breakfast and it was just as good (and no it wasn't an upchuck)

thanks to our lovely hostess for creating a most enjoyable day and the opportunity to see St. Jacobs for the first time.....and i hope it won't be the last

syllie......so glad you came out.....love those black pants that can turn red during the day.....have to get me one of those. damn those critters were everywhere we looked

thanks to everyone who came out but i won't mention you by name cause i'd probably miss someone.......i hope you all had a great time as i did

i think i will need a truck next time i go.....maybe that diningroom set will fit......and BBF thanks for the delivery service

so off i go to sample my fudge, corn nuts, honey comb sponge, jelly beans and whatever other delectables i couldn't resist
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Day Trip to St Jacobs – Saturday, May 3, 2008