Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > LOW INCOME EARNERS      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kamakama
Msg: 1
LOW INCOME EARNERSPage 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT PEOPLE NOT WANTING SOMEONE BECAUSE OF THERE PAY PACKET.. ITS JUST NOT FAIR FOR VERY LOW INCOME EARNERS..THEY ARE ENDLESSLY BEING REJECTED..SHOULD THEY NOT BOTHER ?? I FIND THAT MOST WOMEN WANT A MAN TO MAKE A NICER WAGE THAN THEMSELVES.. IS THIS FAIR?? I HOPE THAT PEOPLES PROFESSIONS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH REJECTION..??
 bewitched66
Msg: 2
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/8/2008 11:52:03 PM
Firstly, Fetsh - would you mind taking your cap lock off? I feel like you're yelling at me!

Secondly, I have been out with lots of blokes who don't earn a great deal, in fact, I haven't been with anybody who is 'well-off'. It's just not something I consider. But maybe that's because I'm at the low end of the wage scale, being a single parent who works only part time.

Call me naive, but chemistry has always been far more important to me.
 hilly1971
Msg: 3
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/9/2008 12:00:10 AM
Well I have to be honest, I want a huge income earner cos if im going to have to cook,clean,wash his skiddy undies and give out on a semi-regular basis I deserve to be well remunerated for my trouble.
 kamakama
Msg: 4
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/9/2008 12:00:22 AM
Thanks for that..I did not know that the caps lock was for yelling with. But yes..I am feeling somewhat the same.. I dont expect any higher income eraner to want me either..Maybe i am a little paranoid but i hope that i am not rejected because of my income..?? Know one has said..??
 lyingcheat
Msg: 5
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/9/2008 12:05:05 AM
Fetish. Your profile reads like you are looking for a meal ticket.
 kamakama
Msg: 6
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/9/2008 12:18:40 AM
Ofcourse not.. Although i would like to be looked after.. Is that alot to ask.?? I did not know that i sounded that way..I was not meaning to offend the opposite gender... What an eye opener! I guess it takes a man to point that out..
 Dark Stanley
Msg: 7
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/9/2008 12:23:03 AM

Well I have to be honest, I want a huge income earner cos if im going to have to cook,clean,wash his skiddy undies and give out on a semi-regular basis I deserve to be well remunerated for my trouble.

What's the starting income for your ideal man?? Maybe I am in your price range!!

We will need to re-negociate your put out levels, semi regular isn't quite regular enough. Do you give discounts for men who do the cleaning and cooking??

Once again Hilly I just couldn't help myself
 whitegold765
Msg: 8
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/9/2008 12:23:48 AM
Every varies in what's important to them. My belief is that very few men actually care about YOUR income. Though I think some women care about a man's income I think it's less than what the stereotype is, or what men tell themselves.
 lyingcheat
Msg: 9
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/9/2008 12:24:25 AM

Well I have to be honest...

I thought it was optional... doh!!!
Let me know if it works will ya?
 SergeantOz
Msg: 10
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/9/2008 12:38:26 AM
It does not matter what income is earned - some people just want more and will go for it and then you get the people who are very selfish and say "well I am not paying for this - my MONEY is for me to spend on me".

I hate going out for dinner with couples who fight over who is going to pay for dinner at the end of the night or for dessert or something along those lines. Have your domestic at home and who cares who bloody pays for it - should balance out in the end.
 Pookiespal
Msg: 11
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/9/2008 12:45:34 AM
Mmm ok first I will answer your question. People sadly judge others on many aspects , their profession and associated wages is one of them. We also judge on looks. education, personality, sense of humour, how they treat their family and friends and lttile kittens, amongst other things....because we judge, period and this issue is just another we use to size someone up, but if that person is rite for you and meets your needs/wants in your emotional , physical , mental criteria then all the other things tend to fall by the wayside. It doesnt matter as long as your happy, however they may become issues in the future but thats another story.

I did glance at your profile and trust me I m no profile expert, but the fact that you mention that wage is not a issue with you , to me screams "the lady does protesth too much" I could be wrong, but another poster has already noticed that....I guess its not a line I would leave on my profile. I dont give a damn what a man earns...none of my business or vice versa...I do care though how he treats me....and those around him....his good character is far more important to me.

You also state in your profile that your potential man has to be easygoing..ok I understand that trait and eager to please....mmm...ok well I think you just eliminated all the alpha males out of your search....Ive yet to meet too many men eager to please up front unless your wearing your dominatrix outfit....meaning that men do like to please their ladies when they are ready and when they are willing, it shouldn't be part of your search criteria and when they are ready, they will be eager to please on all levels.....I think by having that comment on your profile this could and I do say could be "scaring" guys off.....however as I said Im not expert and my comments are purely my personal opinion.

Fetish for you...its an interesting profile name and Im sure theres a reason why you chose it, however do you think that it could be suggestive of only one thing that being sex with various fetishes thrown in ?......having said that Im named after a Cartoons Cats teddybear and a drunken sister's recall so what would I know ???

Good luck Fetish...
 *~*ChardyGirl*~*
Msg: 12
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/9/2008 1:40:09 AM
Op,in your profile, you say that he doesn't have to be a "big income earner"....
Then,you mention in this thread that you'd "like to be looked after"......................
These 2 things alone would put MANY men off.......& i dont blame 'em !!

tintaglia1
Msg: 13
view profile
History
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/9/2008 1:53:31 AM
Money shouldn't come into it, in fact I get put off by the profiles that say, I earn such and such. Makes me think, are they looking for the gold diggers or what?
 Brizguy_2007
Msg: 14
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/9/2008 1:58:12 AM
Ive set up a little spreadsheet that calculates what it takes to live comfortably, and what it would cost to be living with a partner. It allows you to add in children and animals and a few other variables.
So if she earns enough to cover all costs, cool.....as long as I don't have to work again and she will "take care of me" in a manner I deserve, I'll even put out.....and if she showers me with gifts, I may also put out exclusively to her.....lucky devil....
Oh, I'll need a car to drive myself and friends for latte's...but then that's all factored in.
 tintaglia1
Msg: 15
view profile
History
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/9/2008 2:52:29 AM
Brizguy

*Just let me post this*
 debnco
Msg: 16
view profile
History
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/9/2008 3:31:41 AM
Briz ,am gonna get another job so I can make sure you want for nothing
 outofthedesert
Msg: 17
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/9/2008 3:56:53 AM
Many of us just want someone who can paddle their side of the canoe. We are not expecting him to bring a yacht into the relationship. I mean, I would not turn it down, but that is not what I am looking for. I am more interested in the man than his wallet---------trust me-----many women feel that way.
 dv8sex
Msg: 18
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/9/2008 3:59:33 AM
different people have different values.....if you don't teach your kids that more money doesn't equal a better person, then they'll learn the opposite pretty quickly from the media, etc...
 gypsygal_au
Msg: 19
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/9/2008 4:00:38 AM
~ ~ Gypsygal will be right back..... I am just going down to the local book store to buy the book titled "How to hook a wealthy man"
 Greg8002
Msg: 20
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/9/2008 4:03:18 AM
I think it is highly contextual. I think some people are concerned about money. Others have a more relaxed approach. So far as dating goes, I would have to judge each person according to the context and life situation they are in.

I think in terms of the career you have and how much you earn from it, I think what is really important here is whether the person really enjoys and loves what they do. People may have very different incomes and jobs, but in my observation, people can be happy doing jobs with low pay, or medium and high pay. It is also important how well they can manage their finances. Someone who earns a lot of money, but spends it in stupid and frivolous ways, would not be very attractive. Someone who earns only a low or middle income, but who uses their money prudently and wisely, would be more attractive.

I look for people who are rich in the mind and in the heart rather than in their wallet.
 CraigBaxter
Msg: 21
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/9/2008 5:08:10 AM
Those who are too quick to judge, or reject because of some piddly issue deserve what little comes their way.

I treat everyone as an equal and I sleep pretty well at night.
 dude/2
Msg: 22
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/9/2008 9:06:54 AM
I think its all about income ,...the second time around....... young folks fall in love and do`nt worry about money.... but , as one gets older and is in a relationship ,..before moving in ,...income may be an important factor....
 bewitched66
Msg: 23
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/9/2008 2:20:13 PM

People sadly judge others on many aspects , their profession and associated wages is one of them.

Pookie, I don't think it is 'sad'. I think it's just a case of 'each to their own', and 'there's somebody for everybody', and 'everybody's different' - that's all the cliches I can come up with atm.

Is anybody thinking we should introduce Fetish to Miss mmm's e-mail millionaire?
 My I
Msg: 24
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/9/2008 2:46:40 PM

We will need to re-negociate your put out levels, semi regular isn't quite regular enough

She only gets paid when you get laid.
Negotiations can be so easy at times.....

I am friends with people from several income classes. Some of the welfare recipients I know seem to be angry, jealous and exploitive of those with money. Opposite to that, some of the affluent people I know seem to look down at lower income people in order to feel wonderful about themself.

In both cases, why would you want to befriend either of them? Their self-worth issues appear to be similar. Ignore them and seek out those who smile at you.
 Brizguy_2007
Msg: 25
LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 4/9/2008 3:49:31 PM

Is anybody thinking we should introduce Fetish to Miss mmm's e-mail millionaire?

I like the way you think
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > LOW INCOME EARNERS