Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  > Best burger in San Francisco?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 æøn
Msg: 1
Best burger in San Francisco?Page 1 of 1    
Aaaaah man I had a burger at Balboa in Cow Hollow on Monday and it was SO good.. I think that's the best place for a burger in town. Is it true that Gavin Newsom owns that place and sometimes still bartends there on occasion?
 æøn
Msg: 2
Best burger in San Francisco?
Posted: 4/13/2008 11:17:01 AM
I don't know if Balboa is.. I'm assuming not because they'd probably advertise that in their menu, and I don't remember seeing reference to it..

....and I'm going to have to keep my eyes open for Joe's next time I'm there!
 StrangerInTheHouse
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/7/2008 4:11:36 PM

Try Val's Burgers in Hayward. Classic establishment, long-known for the best burgers in the east bay, and wicked milkshakes too. It's been there since the 1950's and it's still in business for a reason.....excellent food.

I couldn't agree less.

Sorry.
 StrangerInTheHouse
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/9/2008 3:02:19 PM
then again... that was about five or more years ago... Maybe it's changed... who knows. I'm not a person to carry grudges... I hope I'm wrong about it these days. If you try it and I am, let me know...
 matchlight
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2009 11:08:50 PM
I'm shocked . . . shocked! to find out that San Francisco permits establishments to serve BEEF! Of all the environmentally unfriendly foods I can imagine, that's got to be the worst! Where is the civic consciousness, the sensitivity to our Planet? Long live Gaia!
 AceOfSpace
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/8/2009 11:45:11 PM
You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant.
 danishsweetbread
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/9/2009 8:06:53 PM
rosebullfrog on 7/9/2009 1119 AM

fft, forget the burgers. Get a grilled eggplant focca sandwich from Mario's on Union and Columbus and be amazed! (Seriously it will change you)

Other than that I'd go to the Original Joe's

Original Joes invented "the Joe's Special", which is an omlette with hamburger meat in it

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2003/08/13/FD249336.DTL&type=travelbayarea

This is one of my favorite things! A lot of restaurants around here (bay area) serve it up now.

For hamburgers, besides Original Joe's...i like Kirks Steakburgers. I take my 12 year old nephew a lot there ... one of his favorite places of all time.
Show ALL Forums  > California  > Best burger in San Francisco?