Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > How much does your vehicle say about you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SergeantOz
Msg: 26
How much does your vehicle say about you?Page 1 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Having enjoyed nice free company cars for a number of years with fuel cards and or allowances, coming back to reality and paying for your own costs is why I rarely drive into work - not paying $40.00 to park my car and spend 3 hours driving a day. I have had some nice cars including my beloved Mercedes (too small for more than 1 shopping bag) and fuel loving Nissan Patrols, when my own car did the head gasket in twice, I sold it as is and looked to rental for a month ($2k a month).

I ended up buying a $800.00 car with about 10 months rego which I used until the rego expired. I spent $94.00 on wheel covers, new battery, seat covers, fuel and oil filters and of course oil. It was a 4 cylinder so I think I got my money back with the $200.00 a month saving on fuel and when I sold it (having traded and swapped parts for some cash) I sold it to a wrecker who took it as a courtesy car for $100.00.

The issue with owning a fancy car is being worried where you will park it or who is going to key the side of it and or see you as overpaid. My car allowance covers me for fuel and my train fairs as required and saves me 2+hours a day in travel so I can't complain.
 lok
Msg: 29
How much does your vehicle say about you?
Posted: 4/11/2008 12:28:12 AM
Mine says i need to paint it lol

its a 96 holden ute with different coloured panels
 Mainey
Msg: 33
Posted: 4/11/2008 4:22:21 AM
My dream car is an XR8, I so know what bewitched is going on about. I wasn't all that big on cars till I saw the XR it stirred up some weird feelings

I drive a little toyota corolla and if I did ever buy an XR8,, I don't think I could get rid of my little toyota it has been so loyal to me. It's my little girl, I think an XR8 would be my big strong man lol
OK I am going to shut up now
 SergeantOz
Msg: 43
How much does your vehicl to work so i bought for d due roa time on the lot of andpee say about you?
Posted: 4/11/2008 6:54:32 PM
Reading the paper, I see so many near new cars for sale that are 3 years old for 1/3 the price they once were. Ok some may have 80,000 k on the clock but they were serviced under new car warranty so just offloaded for a trade up.

I had a Jeep Wrangler for a company car (worked with a property holiday firm who rented cars) and my fave was the Suzuki Siera as I could drive a week on a tank and when the day I returned it, I put in $2.00 of fuel to get the needle off E. Looking at the cost of fuel now, the Patrol was great but got only 4.5 kms / litre but with dual tanks would cost me $280 to fill. The Mercedes was a nice car but unexpected when a friend defaulted on a loan and after spending over $2k on a service had me ready to use it for the time being but sell it when I had rego coming up in 3 months.

Either way, I prefer to see something for my money rather than something losing money in the garage or driveway.
 dizzydel
Msg: 44
How much does your vehicl to work so i bought for d due roa time on the lot of andpee say about you?
Posted: 4/13/2008 7:49:39 AM
I have a black Mazda 323 Protege` sp20, I love my car. Soon as I seen it I said thats my car and it was from that day on, and still is.
 InSydney
Msg: 47
Posted: 4/14/2008 2:13:03 AM
Getting from A to B is a dream of mine with my car. I'm lucky if it moves a few metres without something going wrong :) I am my mechanic's best customer. Without me as a customer, he would be eating lots-a-noodles every night :) Here's my tip to anyone who's in the market for a new/used car: avoid Ford Falcons like the plague! I've learned that the hard way. Even my previous Mazda 626 was better than my current car.
 vladtepes97
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2008 4:25:50 AM

they spend all this money on this hot looking car....
and then sit inside it

good point but the guys (in particular) who sit at the lights with their elbow out the window of their flash car want everyone else to be looking at it (and them) admiringly

[quoteAny car - as long as it emphaSIZES the size of my penis.
if you really want to advertise your virility and the appendage that makes you irresistible to women, you'll have to drive a van. a load of children in the back is physical proof that you get female action, that they want your body. just picked up a chrysler town and country. i'd have preferred something japanese, but i love the stow-and-go feature.
 WRX-boy75
Msg: 55
Posted: 5/4/2008 10:25:46 AM
mmm Well with me, I'm interested in cars...

The 1st car was a Vn commodore...But i Now drive a 2006 WRX ..
sayin.. mmm Im still up for action, perform, power.

get the looks from ppl. But yea . only got it for myself and due to my budget and i wanted safetly... of all wheel drive.
 neo_anderson
Msg: 57
Posted: 5/5/2008 11:42:43 PM
probably lots
I owned a black big block mach1 mustang for 20 years..
and still have 5 cars...3 are big V8 collectable Fords..

Its a Leo thing....we make an effort to look good (clothes/knowledge/car/fitness and take pride in ourselves and our partner..

Grubs and rough chicks need not apply ;-)

You can tell alot about a girl by what she drives and how she treats it

cheers Bernie
 InSydney
Msg: 80
Posted: 6/3/2008 4:16:09 AM
My car goes from zero to 100m/h (by the way that's not kilometres, it's metres) in less than 5 hours. I'm one of the few people on the road that gets overtaken by turtles with bad legs.
 Lord God
Msg: 84
Posted: 6/3/2008 9:01:24 AM
Aaah. The Studebaker Grande Turismo.

28 dash instruments. Lounge chairs for seats. Polite little alarms and warning lights for everything. Put the ciggy in the hole and it lights it for you, no sucking or straining. Plush plastic everywhere. No sill panels at the doors, lovely flat sweep out floor surface. Doesn't have a spare. Got a Mini Minor in the boot instead. Haven't made cars like this since the Great War. Think three miles to the gallon (4.54 litres per gal). Think Great War (last time I could afford petrol for it). Aaah, "those were the days my friend....... and will they never end"
 missmilly1970
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2008 5:28:38 AM
For me it's an A to B thing. Fuel efficient & easy parking.

If money (not outrageous) was okay I'd buy the Honda semi electric car. Won mega lotto........... the new Mercedes!

I love a boy who drives a EJ or EH Holden. Old cars are cool!

No offense to anyone but I don't date Commodore drivers. It's a rev head car.

The last guy I dated was doing up a Pontiac. He explained it was his p*nis car. (He didn't need the car!)

I guess it's different for guys. For me it's a mode of transport that I look after, that should cost me as little as possible.

P.S Jennifer Aniston has a Chanel push bike that cost $13kg. That's worth at the very least double my car!
 deepsea66
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2008 4:57:52 AM
I would love to own a Suzuki soft top, not sure what the proper name is, but I reckon I would look cool driving down the Beach Road in one, with the top down of course, wind in hair with my gf's...

Next would be a kombi, painted by the Wicked guys, so cool....
 deepsea66
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2008 4:59:49 AM
I drive a Hyunday Exel, lol, good on petrol!
 ruby40
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2008 2:33:43 AM
Ummm well I have only really loved one lump of metal..... Whilst the 'normal mothers' were picking their kids up from school in nice 4wd's - I would show up in my beautiful 1978 original convertible karman Beetle......'Primrose' - pale yellow with a cream hood and chrome bumpers.....what a beauty.
I was living in the uk at the time - and she was always steamed up - like a tank to drive - but without doubt the best car ever!!!
 djrdx
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2008 11:49:00 PM
Nissan 180sx - bought it for 9k about 4 years ago,

cheap-ish parts, i can service and mod it myself, and is pretty good with the petrol, handles like its on rails, and can still beat the V8s no probs

its a good all rounder, if you can live with a back seat that can hold 2 children or midgets, and resist the urge to speed.

at about 2-3thou rpm, its pretty docile, after that it keeps asking to be spanked harder.

it says... i need a spanking?
i'm not sure......
 Huntingwulf
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2008 11:12:15 AM
If my car did say anything about me it would be all bad. Complaints that I don't wash it, slow on maintenance, and I only buy second hand shoes (tyres) for it.

It does retaliate by occasionaly stopping in the middle of traffic, usualy halfway across an intersection.

But then what can it expect, being a 1994 Toyota that cost me $800.

Actually I think it's jealous of the Bike.
 wotsnot2luv
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2008 4:45:59 AM
Never really thought about it , but since the Mazda adverts are now blaring my profile name, and I do own a Mazda... I reckon they should supply me with a new one!

AbbieF
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2008 4:57:27 AM
My current car is a boy - falcon forte named Kosta and we in Lurveeeeeeee

He is honest reliable with enuf under the bonnet to keep me satisfied lately drinks toooooo much tho............

I wouldnt mind an older model jag or gt falcon but that is a dream these days and my Kosta keeps me out of mischief hehehehehehehehe car makes great man replacement!
 daddy-day-care
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2008 5:35:30 AM
I drive and compete in modified 4wds there always dirty and dinted but go hard and mechanicly sound and see plenty of ks!!

so you tell me??
 Mainey
Msg: 104
Posted: 8/1/2008 8:01:30 AM

I drive and compete in modified 4wds there always dirty and dinted but go hard and mechanicly sound and see plenty of ks!!

This describes you to a T aiww

daddy-day-care
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2008 3:27:25 PM

This describes you to a T aiww

I was think some thing like, rough around the edges, but dependable, with a dirty side that can go the distance

lyingcheat
Msg: 131
Posted: 3/17/2009 2:32:32 AM

I reckon he doesnt have a car and just hitch-hikes and scares the bejesus out of unwary female motorists.

Nahhhh! Hitching is too passive for me... I just go down to the corner and car-jack the first big shiny one that comes along.
 qldblue
Msg: 137
Posted: 3/17/2009 6:19:10 AM
I drive a commodore station wagon that is gold in colour and what it says about me is,
I am functional- drove it to Perth at xmas 2008 and back without any mechanical hiccups

I am practical- the car was setup for the trip with uhf, vhf and hf all in one radio

I am comfortable with myself- the seats were comfortable as I did sleep in the car a cou
ple of nights
 greyingred
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2009 12:57:25 AM
My car says I'm old and cheap.

I believe Bentleys were only $200 in the 1920's. So be nice to it, even old ladies have feelings.

theforeverkind....what a marvelous list

If I had money and no kids I would own a Damlier Jag...and yes I know they ALWAYS break down, cost a fortune to mend but I love the shape, the walnut dashboard, leather seats.....memories of many years ago...sigh.

I only learnt to drive 2 years ago. I was given an old gas onverted taxi...thank you dear dear friend...but was too small and I needed something that would fit things I find on the street side (excluding kids and lyingcheat) and 6ft canvasses and helping to move entire potted garden for friend...what a hoot, first time on a freeway with day of the triphids in the back. SO sent out to the universe. whoohoo another dear friend hates her vehicle with a vengeance so we swapped. I now have a 1986 mitsubishi van called Dirty Gerty. Runs on an oily rag which is useful cos if the painting doesn't sell I can stuff it in the petrol tank. I never lock it cos I figure they would have to be tripping to want to nick it and I defy most to try and drive it. My gfriends can't get it in first let alone reverse. and I LOOOOOOOOOOOve her. You never know from one day to the next what is not going to work for the day...the electrics are eccentric...though one day when really not NOT working and despite being practical I was stumped and shouting to the universe for an auto electrician, my neighbour came out laughing at me and said he was a mechanic and bless him...patched this to that and now lights etc work 99% of the time. it cost me a bottle of bourbon.

I take great delight in driving her, the dicotomy of her and me climbing out all classically glammed up so suits my personality and it is also a test for dates about their snobbery. My maxim if it gets you from A to B reliably and safely, that is ALLLLLL that matters. And as for dings bumps scratches....it just adds to the ambience of eccentric olde worlde glamour.

Naamah.....kids and sheep look much the same with the window down....baaaaaaa.
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > How much does your vehicle say about you?