Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Kansas  > Kansas City and surrounding areas ~ May 10th 2008 ~ 6:30pm ~ Side Poc      View All Events   Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 1
Kansas City and surrounding areas ~ May 10th 2008 ~ 6:30pm ~ Side Pockets - Olathe Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Come join us Saturday ~ May 10th at Side Pockets - Olathe!

We are going to try out new location this Saturday night in May. We are going to head out to Side Pockets - Olathe to listen to some live music. The band playing will be Charlie and the Stingrays.

About Side Pockets - Olathe:
This facility is one of the largest restaurants and sports bars in the Kansas City area. At over 16,000 square feet, Side Pockets - Olathe offers an exciting casual dining concept, combining both food and fun. The menu offers a wide variety of appetizers, entrées, steaks, pastas, and sandwiches. Side Pockets is especially proud of their fajitas and Mexican entrées.

Did I mention fun? Side Pockets houses (35) pool tables, (6) electronic dart boards, a Golden Tee Live Golf game, a Silver Strike Electronic Bowling game, the NTN Trivia Network and a digital jukebox that is matched by few. This facility houses (3) - 15ft, high definition projection screens, (6) 42" high definition TVs, and (33) 27" perimeter televisions so you can catch all of your favorite programming.

Side Pockets - Olathe is a private club. All this means is that you can smoke inside. You "DO NOT" need to be a member to get in. Anyone and everyone is welcome inside this establishment. You can join and become a member at the door if you want but it IS NOT required.

When & Where!
6:30pm until 2am
Side Pockets - Olathe
1229 E. Santa Fe
Olathe, KS 66061
Phone: 913-829-7665

Seating: We have 60 seats reserved under the Plenty of Fish (POF) name! Side Pockets has recommended/suggested that as many people as possible from the group arrive by 6:30pm to help save the seating. They can't hold them much past 7pm and they want us to be as comfortable as possible. This band is one of their biggest draws and people start getting there early. We will start meeting up at 6:30pm to grab something to eat prior to the band starting. You can check out the full Side Pockets - Olathe menu on their website.

Cost: $5.00 cover charge after 7pm.

Food & Drink Specials: Saturdays All Day ~ $3.00 Import Bottles ~ $7.99 Country Fried Chicken or Chicken Fried Chicken w/Mashed Potato & Veggie.

No Checks Accepted - ATM ON SITE
Credit Cards Accepted: Mastercard, Visa, Discover, American Express

Check out their website for more information on this facility and a virtual tour, check out their whole menu and their dinner and drink specials for Saturday nights. www.sidepockets.com

The band plays from 8:30pm until 12:30am! I was thinking we would start meeting around 7pm so we could start grabbing and saving seats and tables and grab a bite to eat prior to the band playing. If anyone wants to meet earlier, please feel free to post what time so other's can come join you a head of time.

About Charlie and the Stingrays:
Charlie and the Stingrays is a five-piece band consisting of Guitar, Bass, Drums, Keyboards and "Charlie," the personable lead vocalist and front man. Charlie keeps the show moving in high gear! All five members share the lead vocals, which makes the three, four, and five part harmonies something you have to experience for yourself.

They're a no-holds barred party band that's always a guaranteed good time. They play only the hottest Rock and Roll hits from the 60's, 70's,and 80's along with carefully chosen dance favorites of today. This mixture makes for an evening of non-stop excitement. The music brings out emotions within the audience that most bands simply can't bring to life. That's why Charlie and the Stingrays have been in constant demand in their twenty years together. They have performed as an opening act for the Doobie Brothers, Peter Frampton, Ozark Mountain Daredevils, The Romantics, Mitch Ryder, The Guess Who, Atlanta Rhythm Section, BadFinger, Sweet, Head East, The Edgar Winter Group, Blood Sweat and Tears, and many more. For more on the band check out their website at www.charlieandthestingrays.com

NOTE A: The ultimate goal here is to meet and make some new friends and to just have fun. Keep an open mind; first impressions are not always correct. Be prepared to approach the group. We are generally very friendly to new people, but we can't always tell who is there to meet/join the group. (Sometimes it is easier to come with a member who has been to an event before, or if you are uncomfortable approaching the group, approach an individual who will help introduce you to the group.) You can always approach the event organizer "Host" and ask them for help. We usually have people that will introduce you around if you want or need that. This is not intended to be a hook up meet even though that could happen for some. And again you must remember, these meet and greet events are what "YOU" make them. "YOU" have to take some initiative and say hi and make yourself known to people. So when you come, look for tables marked Plenty of Fish, say hi and grab a seat. Have fun and be yourself that is all we ask. You don't even have to be a member of any site to join us... ever. So grab a friend or two and come on out.

NOTE B: IT IS NOT REQUIRED FOR SOMEONE TO SIGN UP IN ORDER TO COME OUT AND JOIN IN ON THE FUN. IF YOU WANT TO COME OUT BUT DON'T WANT TO SIGN UP THEN DO IT. EVERYONE AND ANYONE IS WELCOME, SIGNED UP OR NOT, MEMBER OR NOT! The sign up thing is just to help us get an approximate number of how many might come and how many seats to reserve or try to save.

People are welcome to discuss this event and post any relevant comments/suggestions and or ideas they may have. Constructive comments are welcome. Bashing, insulting, or slamming the event or other posters will not be tolerated and those posts will be deleted ASAP. Thank you.

Following Members are Attending This Party... Average Member Brings Along 3 Guests

Admiral Mac

candles454

comingsoon 2u

dancenightly

Denarama1970

hickgirl76

hoopsmom

hotkmr73

JustDave52

KcLion

KWDUNN57

lest29

lilcowgirl81

mileaminute10362

Mr Gummischuh

thingamabawB

tygerfun

whitetiger007

ynotyou

19 people are attending
 dancenightly
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Kansas City and surrounding areas ~ May 10th 2008 ~ 7:00pm ~ Side Pockets - Olathe
Posted: 4/15/2008 7:51:54 PM
Peggy & Myself will be at my oldest Daughters wedding,which starts at 5pm,but you never know how late I may leave & slide on by,if not,you all fishes have a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 3
Kansas City and surrounding areas ~ May 10th 2008 ~ 6:30pm ~ Side Pockets - Olathe
Posted: 4/17/2008 11:30:53 PM
I was able to get the green link for this event fixed to reflect the correct start time for this event.
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 4
Kansas City and surrounding areas ~ May 10th 2008 ~ 6:30pm ~ Side Pockets - Olathe
Posted: 4/20/2008 11:39:18 AM
This is going to be a really great night of fun. Anyone that has ever heard this band play will tell you they are good and one f the best local bands around. Just check out their website and research them to see for yourself. The sign ups are starting to grow and that is good to see. I'll be sending out the mass email for this one around the 26th of April. Spread the word and invite everyone you chat with. Anyone is welcome to join us... you "DON'T" have to be a POF member to join us. Let's make this a successful and fun event .
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/21/2008 7:24:42 AM
Side Pockets ~ Olathe has a band on Friday and Saturday nights and the Side Pockets ~ Bonner Springs has a band on Friday nights. None of the other Side pockets have a band and they do have a dance floor, don't know how big, so obviously they will have dancing. Feel free to call and confirm if you like . Has anyone been out here recently that can confirm the dance floor and dancing thing?
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/23/2008 6:12:09 AM
I added Side Pockets ~ Olathe's drink and food specials off their menu for Saturday's to the main post for anyone that is interested or curious .
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/24/2008 8:16:22 AM
This is an FYI for everyone....

Please, if there is any chance at all that you might be at this event, even just thinking about possibly coming or any other event for that matter. We ask that you hit that sign me up button so we can have some idea of how many may show up. Signing up doesn't commit you to anything and you can always remove yourself later once you know for sure your not coming. The more sign ups we have creates more interest in the event. So the more sign ups we have the better. Thanks
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/25/2008 8:22:12 AM
The numbers are starting to creep up on this one. Let's keep spreading the word and pack this place. Anyone that has ever heard this band will want to come hear them again, anyone who hasn't heard them should. This is a must see band. One of if not the best KC area local band. They usually play at the Roxy, I think it's like there home base club or something . So if you've been to the Roxy you've probably heard these guys before. We need more band testimonials .
 hoopsmom
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/25/2008 1:41:40 PM
Another band testimonial....

Yep...my fav by far !!!!!!!! Only seen them at the Roxy and what a party ! So looking forward to this night.
 Tess7535
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/27/2008 7:52:11 AM
ok all I juat may have to come to this one I havent seen anyone in along time
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/27/2008 1:18:05 PM
The sign ups are climbing little by little and it looks like we are going to have a good turn out for this new venue. Remember we do have reserved seats for this one but they can only be held until 7pm or shortly after so get there early. ALSO NO COVER BEFORE 7PM, after 7pm there is a $5 cover. Another good reason to get there early .
 Murray1963
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/28/2008 9:00:19 AM
I'm not allowed in KS anymore, I'll have to miss this one :(
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/28/2008 12:18:43 PM
Not allowed in KS anymore? What did you do... kill the wicked witch of the west ?
 Charlene0729
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/1/2008 8:30:14 PM
You guys have fun. I'll be down in Branson for our annual "go-kart weekend" Just luv those wooden tracks!
 dancenightly
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2008 8:44:38 PM
Peggy & I will be there,just not sure about the time,depends on my daughters wedding reception,hoping to be there by 10 pm
 Murray1963
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/4/2008 12:58:12 PM
AAAAAALLLLLLLLL my X's live in Kansas......
 Murray1963
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/4/2008 12:59:39 PM
Now if you get Joann to go, I might show up and follow her around like a puppy dog just like the rest of the guys do!
 kat_in_kc
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2008 8:48:59 AM
darn it!!! i had to cancel this one too! gotta graduation party to go to out of town! that's 2 in a row i'm gonna be missin!!! somebody make sure Pamzilla stays outta trouble at these 2 events!! (that is if she's not too busy with HER bodyguard!!!)..... someone be sure to take lottsa pics so i can see all the fun i'm gonna be missin out on!
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/5/2008 2:54:25 PM
Wait a minute... who is Pam? Screen names people screen names .
 kat_in_kc
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2008 8:27:37 AM
"Wait a minute... who is Pam? Screen names people screen names "

psws_12.......gummi, u otta know who my sidekick is!!!!!
 kat_in_kc
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2008 10:34:02 AM
better than what's playin in my head......Puddle of Mud's "Psycho"!!!
 lest29
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/6/2008 12:42:55 PM
i can try i 'm not sure i get off work late like 11:30 but it fun i live close and i work close there. happy mother day everyone in olathe . side Pockets olathe
best place to play pool.
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/7/2008 9:02:59 AM
Good to see the sign ups getting up there for this one. I have chatted with a few ladies that are planning on coming out that haven't actually signed up and if this is the situation with others planning on attending then this one should have a good turn out. remember we have 60 reserved seats but they won't be held for long. Get there before 7pm to help hold the seats and to avoid paying the $5 cover charge . Keep spreading the word and inviting everyone an anyone you chat with. Scour the new members listings and make them aware of what is going on and extend an invite to those people. The more the merrier and the better the party .
 Charlene0729
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/9/2008 7:09:19 PM
Tpot -- this is an annual thing we do for my son's bday/mother's day. We just luv the wooden tracks!!! One year we did follow the motorcycle guys (Joe Bachelor & Steve -Goldwing/Glutn) down. I bought the "go-card" so we can ride & ride ( it's good until the end of the year if there will be any unused credits). I'm up for another weekend down there if I'm baseball free. Just say the word.
I hope everyone has a good time Saturday night.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL!!!
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/10/2008 8:34:47 AM
Today is the the day. Get the early to help hold the reserved tables. Get there before 7pm to avoid paying the $5 cover charge. Anyone and everyone is welcome to join us. Signed up or not, member or not . Don't sit at home alone another Saturday night, get out and meet some new people and make some new friends. No pressure... no expectations .
Show ALL Forums  > Kansas  > Kansas City and surrounding areas ~ May 10th 2008 ~ 6:30pm ~ Side Pockets - Olathe