Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Do large women like large men?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 YingKissesYang
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Do large women like large men?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
nobody flame the fat women who won't date us fat guys for being hypocritical. I'm asking them to explain to me why they feel they way they do and they don't need to come under fire for it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who are you asking what of? Are you talking to large women, or all people, or someone in particular. Your OP is an open ended question, but your conclusion says "I'm asking THEM". Try to make your posts solid. I think all women large or small, like a man who can communicate, not confuse, them.

(((I appreciate the input, but you aren't the target of my question))). Then learn how to ask a question.....If I was your "English teacher", I'd point out how simple, swift, and important it would have been to use a big word like "you" in the title.

Poor communication often causes the loss of jobs and relationships.
 northeast25
Msg: 8
Do large women like large men?
Posted: 4/15/2008 8:17:30 AM
Please read what I said. I was asking folks NOT to flame women for that reason because in a thread like this it typically does happen.

She wasn't calling fat women hypocrites for being attracted to thin or athletic men. Her point was if a woman rejects a man because of any reason and she complains about another man rejecting her for the same reason, then she would be a hypocrite. The reason could be height, weight, race, age among other things.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/16/2008 8:44:54 PM
OP, I checked out your profile and see that you are still pretty young. These girls may be rejecting you because they reject themselves. When I was younger my preference was for the men that I thought proved/validated my acceptance as a woman - ie, the man most of the girls wanted. As I matured and became more comfortable with myself the more my eyes opened and I started dating heavier men. What I look for now in a man is character, a sense of humor, intelligence and that he is someone I can respect. Good luck to you.
 debbywebby32
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2008 9:27:22 PM
I used to be quite large, OBESE, I weighed in at 330 pounds. At the time I only dated big men. In my head, the bigger the guy the smaller I looked.
Finally, i had gastric bypass surgery, and now going on 7 years later I've lost 163 pounds. For a long period of that time I was in a committed relationship and wasn't dating. Now that I am single again and re-entered the dating pond I still had that same theory in the back of my mind. I found that I was not happy with the larger men, but had it in my head that was all i deserved and all that I could get. It took me awhile to come to that conclusion and I hung in the relationship, trying to make it work. I used drugs and alcohol to get me through.
One day I woke up with a hang-over, and said wtf. are you doing? You don't even like to drink.So I ended that relationship, and am taking my time looking for the one that really makes "my blood boil". I am not attracted to the super tall and skinny bean pole types, nor am I attracted to the very large over weight man, but I like a big strong sturdy guy, with meat on his bones.
I still have work to do on my body, I'm still a few extra pounds that I would like to loose. My problem is that I just am not very active, but that all could change if I found the right person to motivate me. There are so many things that I've never done, simply because I was too fat to do them. Thats all changed now. So bring it on
 theforumfiend
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/16/2008 9:30:58 PM
In saying "these girls *MAY* be rejecting you because they reject themselves" there was no implication that all fat women reject big men because they reject themselves. Of course everyone has what they are attracted to. I used my experience to explain why I think some women are this way. As a fat woman, my opinion is as valid as any other fat chick's opinion.
 R_U_Perfect
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/17/2008 12:39:18 AM
As a rule, LARGE Women,
just LOVE and marry little skinny guy, some women like BIG GUY's, but not many and I have never seen one...
 Dumpling-Girl
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2008 4:56:39 AM
Visually, I do find myself attracted to men who are thinner than average, actually (which is not typical for women - most don't want a scrawny guy). I have dated all types though, and have even thought a bit of belly on some of my guys to be quite cute and comforting (and fun to cuddle), but in general, visually, I am attracted to thinner or average body shapes, and do enjoy looking at athletic toned bodies to some extent (but don't have a strong desire to date men with those, because I guess I associate really ripped bodies with being a dumb jock). I would also find my own body slightly more visually attractive if I could lose the weight, but it's not part of my personal philosophy to get too hung up on that, or to make myself feel bad about that all the time (though I am trying to lose some). I find skinnier than average women unattractive though, to the point of revulsion at the extreme level whereas I don't find an extremely overweight woman's body to be repulsive. I even find a slightly overweight woman's body to be attractive. I think we are innately attracted to a woman with curves (indication of womanliness and a certain health level and energy storage level that allows a woman to be child-bearing) so I am not that surprised that some men find my body type attractive. Whereas extra weight and "curves" on a man doesn't subconsciously indicate things a woman might be looking for - powerful, active, mobile, quick (hunter/gatherer skills) and masculine.

However, I would not be offended to find out that larger men also are attracted to average or thin body types, and have met overweight men that do. I don't think just because you've gained extra weight, that has any real bearing on your own visual preferences. Just like those preferences wouldn't really change if someone lost the weight suddenly. It may make a difference though in who actually winds up matching up with who, but that isn't just about what attracts you, but who is in turn attracted back to you. But as an overweight woman, I don't actually have trouble attracting the thinner guys that are to my own personal preference, so you'll rarely find me with a bigger (overweight) man.

Oh, and I also find chubby animals particularly cute.
 Dumpling-Girl
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2008 12:01:37 AM
CuriousCandy, I didn't mean all men. Or even most men. Just some men. But there are so many men out there, that this proportion should be plenty. I also mean somewhat overweight and very curvy rather than extreme. I suspect most men don't go for overweight women, actually. But enough do. And the men I've dated who have said they have a preference for some extra weight, I have believed them. I don't think they were just being nice, I really think they had this preference.
 Change Of Pace
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2008 12:14:24 AM
I was married to a thin man who became skinny...he was an inch shorter than I was as well. By the time the marriage came to an end I was completely not attracted to him and felt like he was my child rather than my husband. He's a lovely man, but I couldn't get past him being so small--seemed the more weight he lost the shorter he became. I'm back to my old love of guys a few inches taller and not painfully skinny.
 yooperbrat03
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2008 10:56:34 AM

For the same reasons a man may like a bigger woman.....
more to hold on to and cuddle with! Bones are for dogs!

I just loved this!

And it was meant in absolute no way to "flame" skinny people....
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/7/2008 10:56:06 AM

Large ladies, will you date a fat guy?

Qualify "large" and "fat." I am large, about 15 pounds over my "ideal" weight, but I am not obese.

If not what are your reasons?

I would date a man who is a bit overweight, but not FAT. I have dated two fat men and the sex was horrendous. I could go into specifics, but I will spare the sensitive.
 simplydelightful
Msg: 27
Posted: 7/8/2008 9:47:24 PM
I personally like a man with some extra meat on those bones of his compared to a stick thin, athletic type that watches everything that he eats. Life is to short to be so careful on what you put in your mouth to eat.

A large man is more cuddley, lovable, caring and a nice teddy bear. These are the BEST type of men to be with for me, personally.
 redkatt
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2008 12:08:17 PM
Simple answer for me is yes! I am neither small nor huge just somewhere pleasantly in the middle and I prefer a man that is about the same. However I do like tend to lean towards a man that is a bit taller than me. Sorry but the thinner guys do nothing for me, I would be afraid that during sex I'd break them in half, ha ha. I couldn't help myself.
 luv2lol
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2009 1:21:07 PM
I do usually like my men to have some meat on their bones because I like to have something to cuddle up to...but I've found what turns me on the most is height, I really like guys that are taller then me. Like 6' plus (I'm 5'8")...they feel bigger then me even if weight wise they aren't and they have nice long arms to wrap around me...also there's something about having to stand on my tippy toes to kiss them that TOTALLY turns me on, hehe.
 spunkybum52
Msg: 34
Posted: 11/8/2009 9:19:31 PM
Yes, I would definitley date a large man and definitely have already.... i dont look at the size of a person, to me its the personality, and also how he makes ME feel, both on the inside & outside. I think people who just look at the outside of a person are too shallow and not worth me dating.
 gentlebear22
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2009 10:08:54 AM
My experience is that large woman don't like large men. I went to some BBW parties many years ago and I saw they liked really skinny guys. I thought some of the women were inappropriate in making comments out loud of who they did not like. I just found this behavior an big turn off.

Myself, I am attracted to curvy voluptuous women.
 gentlebear22
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2009 5:53:11 PM
Listen honey! I don't settle for anyone. I only go for an lady that is smart, pretty and funny. If you lack any kind of communication with one you are with, the relationship is dead as far as I'm concerned. My preference is an curvy woman. I don't want anyone bigger than me. Nor do I want little petite lady either. And I don't want any one that is near my height. But the most important thing to me is that they are kind and treat other people with respect.

I went to some of BBW dances and parties and I did not find what I was looking there for. But I was polite and friendly to people. But I found some of the ladies there mean and obnoxious when they were making remarks out loud about people. But I look at this way;
they hate someone for what they hate about themselves. And I'm not saying all BBW's are this way.

The fact is that I rather be alone and happy with myself and available when the right one comes into my life.
 spunkybum52
Msg: 46
Posted: 11/15/2009 8:52:27 PM
I'm a large woman and will date a large man, but I don't really have any preferences. I look more at the personality of the person and other traits rather than just what size they are. I have no problems with men of any size asking me out for dates, so not sure if it really is an issue, as I don't have any problems getting dates and have no issues dating large men. I think if size is an issue, then that is pretty shallow on the person's part and not worth dating them. We could also talk about "size"then in other areas.... know what I mean?
 Belle Requin
Msg: 48
Posted: 11/18/2009 2:18:12 PM
As someone who's bounced between average and a few extra pounds, and is always curvy, I don't go for teddy bears. If I've got padding in the right places, why would I need him to be soft?

I'm soft, he should be solid. Opposites attract. Soft to me is feminine, and I don't like feminine guys. Despite that I don't look athletic, I usually go for athletic looking guys.
 gentlebear22
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2009 10:22:33 PM
I think of teddy bears looking like guys who played football. That does not sound like an softy to me.
 gentlebear22
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2009 1:49:27 AM
"risk taking this way off topic, but I have to play devils advocate here...I think comparing an addiction to food to any other kind of addiction IS fair. How do people get fat? As far as ignorance goes...let me dispel it for you...you consume more calories than you burn...it gets stored as fat...do it consistently, and you become obese. Admitting you have a problem is the first step to solving it. Now to sit back and wait for the angry response...cause you know I'm right."

Compulsive overeating is an addiction just like any other eating disorder or other addictions. Just the drug of choice is food.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 52
Posted: 11/19/2009 12:03:06 PM
I believe, rather, that it's thin, buff types who hate themselves: they work so hard to look good on the outside because they fear that what's on the inside will not draw nor hold anyone. My own experience with them is that they're right.

woobytoodsday
Msg: 53
Posted: 11/19/2009 12:23:52 PM
Tuff ~~ I was exaggerating a bit, I'll admit. Humans, being, contain a universe of attitudes, thank Godde. For everyone who's fought the battle against weight gain, kudos. If all my fasts (water only) could be gathered together in one unbroken times span, I've spent several years of my life without eating at all. Pity is that this was at the advice of someone I loved and respected at lot (an Aunt).

True self love eventually comes not from looking in a mirror, but into one's soul. Nothing less will do. And when you finally come to love yourself, whatever the package looks like, only then are you able to love others.

Cheers!!
 gentlebear22
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2009 11:31:08 PM
Very nice post! I wish there were more people like you.
 JustMySay
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2009 9:01:31 AM

Oh how many large/obese women will not admit that, even to themselves.
Denial.
An obese person is VERY, (and just about all the time), conscious that they are obese.
It is in a piece of their mind that is always running that message as background noise.

(An outward example of this is: You see them grab a sofa pillow and seem to be hugging it comfortably in front of them, but really it is them being conscious of their fat and trying to hide it.)

Why am I being blunt and saying all this?
Because I've faced all that myself.

ANY obese person who looses weight will "come clean" and tell how being obese really affected their state of thinking back then..
how they had it on their mind all the time in all situations..
nibbling at their mind...
giving them clues how to fit in with situations as 'normally' as possible... etc.

I don't believe that, I have been thin and I preferred stalky guys.. My preference has not changed because of my weight.. For me I like the larger guy, because I love to feel the strength in their arms the bear hugs the way they make you feel so secure... The strong arms of a larger man, mmm mmmm mmmm, my ex of 12yrs started out average but by the end he was almost skeleton skinny and so, so unattractive in my eyes... I do and will always prefer stalky guys. But I don't dismiss the thin guys just because of my preference or my weight I have dated thin guys and it didn't affect my mind to where I was freaking out about his weight vs mine... and yes, it crosses every ones mind thin or not, but, I have never harped on the issue... When he meets me this is me and he can accept me as I am or not and I would accept him or not... (and to me you can't think if only my weight was less or more... you've already accepted them at that point didn't you)

Maybe I can say this because thin or not my preference hasn't changed........ or Maybe because I accept me for me and know my self worth....

BTW, it's just a preference, I do find I'm more into their personality... (thin, average or stalky)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Do large women like large men?