Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Saying "Thank You" after sex      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PinayMermaid┬«
Msg: 1
Saying "Thank You" after sexPage 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
How do you interpret this?

You have great time that night, watching tv, cuddles, kisses....and the inevitable....going all the way.

Then afterwards he tells you "Thank you".

I'm really clueless here but the very words freak me out because it sounds like he was given free sex as opposed to paying, let's say, if he had sex with a prostitute.

Guys, what is your take on this? Is this a bad thing, meaning could he only see the whole relationship on physical level?
 lost cowboy
Msg: 2
Saying Thank You after sex
Posted: 4/14/2008 7:03:12 AM
It's a matter of perspective.

It can be said in a way that it has nothing to do with the sex, or any of the base acts of the night (as incredible as it would have been ;-) it's meant simply "thank you for trusting me, for letting me be close to you".

Cowboy
 Pookiespal
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/14/2008 7:14:37 AM
^^^ ditto Lost Cowboy................I understand the freakout that you experienced, but hey I kinda think its nice, that he thought so much of you to say thankyou...Id take it as a compliment.......beats the shit out of..."Are you still here ?"
 whitegold765
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/14/2008 8:20:58 AM
To me nothing says "I valued the experience we just had" like a $50 note on the bedside table when you leave.
 Pookiespal
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/14/2008 8:22:19 AM
^^^ Your so cheap Whitegold..is that your going rate ?
 Brizguy_2007
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/14/2008 1:03:27 PM
Maybe the "after sex" didn't involve a long emotional conversation about feelings and the big question "do you love me".
It was just silence....So, "thank you"

Mind you, if it was "thank you, you can leave now", then I might be concerned.

but I have to agree with the others, that it may have been thaks for the trust, or alowing me to get close or something along those lines.
Sometimes in hindsight we alow simple things to play on our mind, when in fact we should just either let them float off into insignificance or discuss it with the other party.
 dv8sex
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/14/2008 1:28:22 PM
if it concerns you that much i suggest that you should mail him an invoice
 eternaloptimism
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/14/2008 1:28:51 PM
It sounds a little wrong. But at least a chosen few are getting lucky. I seem to always feel the need to say "sorry". Maybe because I let my guard down? Or maybe because I let myself go.. I think you have every right to be offended. You obviously don't mean much to him.
 ClumsyOaf
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/14/2008 4:01:56 PM
Could mean anything.....
Thankyou for not laughing...
Thankyou for not crying....
Thankyou for not trying to run away....
Seems rather odd, when one should be a complete gibbering wreck......"err Thankyou"
Or perhaps, it's out of context meaning that your perceived as someone far more attractive than what they see themselves as and by having sex, is a way of something charitable for the less fortunate, making them feel compelled to give thanks.....as per Cowboys train of thought.
Thankyou for not screaming...
Thankyou letting me do that to you....
Thankyou for not waking up.......till after
Thankyou for not calling the cops......or your Dad or my Dad, or Today Tonight or worse 60 minutes...

plucked that out of thin air....
 whitegold765
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/14/2008 5:01:12 PM

That's the change from the grand she paid me.
 lost cowboy
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/14/2008 5:04:40 PM

That's the change from the grand she paid me.

What, you were there to clean the carpets and drapes and it got out of hand? ;-)
Cowboy
 bewitched66
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/14/2008 6:31:56 PM
Oh, what a laugh this thread has turned out to be!

OP, I think only you can answer your question. You were there. Personally, I'd go with Oaf's "Thank you for not laughing."
 pandabollocks3000
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/14/2008 6:43:47 PM
I guess it's better than an apology. Maybe it's a thankyou for understanding he is hung like a rogue bull ant and suffers from premature ejaculation, or just a really unpleasant looking appendage. Or thankyou for not saying something really corny like "I thought (oh) men like you (uh) only existed in mythology! (oh uh)" Actually..it doesn't sound that corny in type..
 GreyNomad43
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/14/2008 7:24:03 PM
I always say thank you, especially if she asks, "are you staying for breakfast?"
 PinayMermaid┬«
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/14/2008 8:05:42 PM
Thank you guys....your replies actually put a smile on my face. Just didn't expect people could take the funny side to this situation.

Although this happened some yonks ago, I just wanted to get some ideas how to take or react to it in the future should history ever repeat again... :-)

MM®
 Racygirl
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/14/2008 8:59:57 PM
We prefer to see the funny side of life, it makes us feel better lol
 hilly1971
Msg: 17
Posted: 4/14/2008 9:06:04 PM
Can't say as anyone I have ever had sex with has said thankyou afterwards.
Not sure if this means the type of man I go for has no manners or im just a crap shag and not worth thanking!!

Must be the type of man surely!!!
 Kissthisfrog !
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/14/2008 9:34:34 PM
I sometimes think that if I ever get to have meaningful sex (sorry..., make love) again I will be trully thankful!

Hallelujah ,praise the lord, speaking in tongues, laying on hands...., thank you ! etc etc.
 Kobalt1963
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/14/2008 9:48:10 PM

. . . Can't say as anyone I have ever had sex with has said thankyou afterwards.
Not sure if this means the type of man I go for has no manners or im just a crap shag and not worth thanking . . .

Hilly, its probably because the poor f*ckers are so exhausted they cant really talk !
And with that new pic you should be getting heaps of new bites . . . potential victims, hehehehe.

OP, Really hard to comment here - was it a one night stand, f*ck buddy, friend with benefit, partner, did you know him a long time or only 7 minutes, do you still have the same relationship with him, blah blah blah ?
His comment could have been a real nice thing to say, or totally inappropriate - depends on the context.

Everything being equal though, he thanked you, so there was gratitude.
Take it as such and dont double-guess its meaning - it was a male, and we are known to be 'simple' animals sometimes.
 Dark Stanley
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/14/2008 10:54:07 PM
I guess saying thankyou is a hell of a lot better than them saying something like "well if that's sex I've had it" or something along those lines. Maybe a bit weird but he might have been saying it in the terms of "thanks I needed that" because it might have been a while for him. Who knows.
 Naamah
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/14/2008 11:08:52 PM
I don't see a problem with it. Thanks is a word that expresses appreciation, and good sex is appreciated by all. In my mind, saying thanks need not necessarily indicate desperate gratitude, nor does it automatically indicate that the sex had been the only desired outcome.
I do however draw the line at a victory dance afterwards.
So I made myself stop doing that.
 Dark Stanley
Msg: 22
Posted: 4/14/2008 11:29:31 PM
I thought a victory dance was the highest compliment!! Though I do have to say if you have enough energy for a victory dance at the end you really did not put enough effort in!!
 whitegold765
Msg: 23
Posted: 4/14/2008 11:29:35 PM
I usually just high five my mates. That says everything that needs to be said.

And I can honestly say no woman has ever said "Thank You" after sex with me.

Actually they tend to look faintly nauseous. That's a good sign, right?
 Dark Stanley
Msg: 24
Posted: 4/14/2008 11:32:01 PM
^^I have never noticed what they look like afterwards as I'm off to the pub to regail my mates with the whole sordid affair. As is the gentlemenly way!!
 no_bait_here
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/14/2008 11:37:52 PM
and I'm sure by the time u get to the pub .. she's already rang up a hoard of her "gal pals" met up for coffee and discussed every minute ( that's mi-nute not minute unless thats all it took of course... hmm either way doesnt sound too good there)....

before you even get a chance to toss down ur first pint and get out the first sordid detail!!! Girls are just so organised that way!!
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Saying "Thank You" after sex