Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Can YOU cook?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Can YOU cook?Page 1 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
I love to muck about in the kitchen. I just hate cooking meals for just myself though. (I always expect myself to put out afterwards the ungrateful lout that I am)
 umm...Dave
Msg: 7
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/17/2008 12:59:00 PM
I can both barbecue and make some nice crispy bacon, pasta is also pretty easy as are vegetables.... so I think the answer is no, I can't cook. Not good enough to impress anyway.
 secret_agent_thing
Msg: 8
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/17/2008 1:00:33 PM
I'd like to think I can cook. I have a few things that I've made in the past that I'm quite proud of. I know I'm never going to be on par with those professional chefs on the Food Network, but I at least like to try.
 secret_agent_thing
Msg: 10
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/17/2008 1:04:21 PM
Oh and yes I would and have enjoyed cooking for a special lady, and a few deadbeat roommates.

Signature dish is French Toast (don't laugh), nothing special about it or anything, I've just never come across someone else's French Toast that has matched mine.
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/17/2008 1:16:49 PM

What would you prepare in order to enchant yourself to put out?
Hey, I asked for a signature dish... so... fess it up.

Being the bachelor that I am, most of my cooking ends up being "what do I have in my fridge to go out with this package of meat I pulled from the freezer yesterday?"

So far, my favorite has been my chicken stirfry. With the veggies I throw in , I usualy get three meals out of it. (I know "Bachelor" and "Veggies" aren't usually used together)
 happyboi
Msg: 13
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/17/2008 1:19:35 PM
I cook nearly every day for my daughter and I. :-) I have made special dinners for dates. For one, I made some really nice rib-eye steak. I tend to cook a LOT on the grill, and by comparison, very little indoors.

My signature, would have to be steaks, in general. Though, I made a pretty mean grilled tomato toped with EVOO, garlic and Parmesan cheese. Portabello Mushroom pizzas (low carb, no bread pizza) french bread pizza (HIGH carb, opposite of the previous) and I have been told I make a great spaghetti. Those are kinds o the norms. I can toss together meals, fairly easy, with what I find lying around, too.

Oh, guess I should mention BBQ. Ribs, Beer Can Chicken, Pork Shoulders (cooked 50lb on my smoker one day), and Brisket. :-) See a theme here? Definitely good with meat. :-)

Brew, there is a recipe forum, I have posted a few there, myself.

Making a meal with your SO, BSing over cooking, etc, is really nice, IMO.
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/17/2008 1:29:18 PM
I have to eat, so I have to cook. I enjoy a good meal, so I have to be a pretty good cook. My signature meals are Sunday breakfast (fried potatoes, sausage, scrambled eggs, biscuits or pancakes);

Or, crock pot chili simmered all day.

When I was dating my ex, the first meal I cooked for her was baked stuffed cornish hens with mashed potatoes, steamed asparagus, and "baked" beans (beans in brown sugar/tomato sauce) made from dry (soaked overnight then simmered in the crock pot all day). Had she appreciated it, it would have been more enjoyable.
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/17/2008 1:38:44 PM
just hate cooking meals for just myself though

Same here, it's about the only thing that makes me feel lonely. No one to share the successes and the failures with....

I can do a reasonable job, although far from Cordon Bleu material.

The most fun is cooking together, although that's sometimes something that women do not enjoy. My ex was one of those types, so any attempt to do so was a waste of time and energy.
 Adam Taylor
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/17/2008 1:47:31 PM
I'm not that much of a cook. I can make a few simple things.
And like anyone, if it comes in a box or a can, well... that's pretty simple. LOL!

Well... I can cook one amazing english breakfast.
Eggs, sausages, mushrooms, potatoes and onions, toast...

I'd love to make it for you sometime Red.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 21
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/17/2008 2:00:47 PM
The Horror of Cooking. Can never wait until the Nightmare is over and the food is ready. Gourmet Microwave Chef ...
 dustinchicago
Msg: 26
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/17/2008 2:53:19 PM
I love, absolutely love, to cook. And most of my guy friends can cook, and most of them can cook well. Most people I know though don't usually feel like cooking (at least dinner) when they get home- mostly because if you are only cooking for yourself it's easier to go for carryout or make a sandwich. Most men, IMO, at least after college, will have at least the ingrediants for a sandwich- our favorite food.

If I am not cooking for a dinner party or a date, I usually fall into the 'throw-it-all-together' cooking, which invariably is panfried veggies and rice, maybe with some sort of meat. My other favorite is making my own bread (no really, it's easy) then eat with some olive oil and a glass of wine. I don't grill much, but I should.

FOR MEN reading this: most men will be comfortable grilling- just don't overcook it! and remember the side dishes. Also, most importantly!, that we guys like to do 2 things most women don't- mix food together, and over'spice'. No, the ladies will not want overly spicy or pungent foods (unless they ask for it)- whereas we men pile on the hot sauce, garlic, stinky cheese, spices (for god's sake don't put rub on the steak unless you absolutely know what you are doing!) As for the mixing the food together- most raw ingreadiants have great flavor on their own... women seem to have a more sensitive pallate, so do a veggie meddley apart from the rice. Simple Rule: Less is More. And yes, that applies to you!

favorite easy pasta- kiebalsa sauted in little oil, with bowtie pasta, capers, pine nuts, salt & pepper. (never cook with olive oil, only serve with it)

Fun with the grill- portabela mushroom caps marinated in red wine toped with melted white cheese and red bell peppers. (don't mix your colors on side dishes!)

simple, overlooked desert: mixed berries with angel food cake drizzeled with honey, cool whip
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/17/2008 3:18:35 PM

*starts making the list of guys who can cook*

*merge the list of guys who can cook with the list of those who wash their sheets regularly*

I also mop and sweep weekly, take out the garbage when it's full, clean the bathroom and do dishes.
 bullielover62
Msg: 39
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/17/2008 5:14:20 PM
Thank you Red..... I'm taking notes here....

Already we've got two men that can make breakfast... this is a big plus.... and one
that sweeps and mops.... and one with handcuffs and a paddle.

YUP. I'M DONE...................................... * but I'm stickin' around for the rest...............

meow meow meow meow meow.......
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/17/2008 5:15:40 PM

*whispers*...boys...will give you a heads up...if you want MY vote... make sure you own overalls and a tool belt

Damn. I suck with that kind of stuff.
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 41
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/17/2008 5:19:14 PM
I can cook. I'm a good cook.

When I used to date, I liked cooking meals for my date. Usually, it was a great lead-in to sex. Sometimes sex happened before dinner, which was good too since I was able to concentrate better on the preparation of the food and it was much more relaxing. Of course, sex in the middle of the meal was ok too.
 ~Scoundrel~
Msg: 42
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/17/2008 5:20:25 PM
I always cook breakfast for women that spend the night. Eggs, bacon, pancakes etc.

I also do all my own cooking. It's rare I eat out.
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/17/2008 5:27:11 PM
Already we've got two men that can make breakfast... this is a big plus.... and one
that sweeps and mops.... and one with handcuffs and a paddle.

POF presents the all new game show for men

"HOW DOMESTIC ARE YOU?" With your host, Red Casandra...
 *Just Jim*
Msg: 49
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/17/2008 5:47:21 PM

I would like to know: Can You Cook? Would you find it enjoyable to prepare a meal for a special lady?

Yes, and I'll cook what ever is in season and is in my garden, just love veggies as it accents all foods, enjoy comfort foods, be it meat,fish,etc or veg makes no dif and we can do the dishes together.
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 50
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/17/2008 6:03:24 PM

He made an amazing meal, but it was not the food that made the evening special, but the attention that he paid to me... gentle gestures that have shown me that he cared.

But, I'll bet dollars to donuts that you punted him through the goalposts anyway, right?

scorpiomover
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/17/2008 6:11:05 PM
I can cook for myself. I don't often cook for others, as I'm worried they won't like my cooking. I have simple tastes. Rice, with some spices, or maybe pasta with a home-made sauce, or a jacket potato, and some salad. Or maybe some smoked mackerel with peppercorns, lightly grilled. But always with salad. Everything I eat is with salad, and usually with olive oil.

I guess I'd make plenty of rice, with tarragon, some basil or oregano, or maybe some thyme, with a ton of salad, with carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, celery, maybe some radishes, or some peppers, sprinkled around the rice, covered in olive oil. Mmmmm....makes me hungry just thinking about it.
 benyee
Msg: 53
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/17/2008 6:14:24 PM
I love cooking and experimenting with new dishes. It's fun and when you produce something that tastes good it's a nice pat on the back. When you produce something that tastes bad, it makes you want to improve. I take those situations as a personal challenge. I also extract a lot of cooking tips wherever I can (magazines, Food Network etc.).

I don't really have a specialty. I can cook a lot of grandma and mom's dishes and I've also created a few of my own (such as a veggie chili I recently made).
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 54
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/17/2008 6:24:40 PM

^^^^ Uhhhmmm... don't know the term... Please explain (alien chick here).

Kicked him to the curb, dumped him, brushed him off, told him you just wanted to be friends, told him you hope he finds the love of his life... that sorta thing.

Just wondering.... 'cause sometimes I've cooked for women and they write my name down on the ' Gay Friends ' list.

Which solar system are you from?
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 56
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/17/2008 6:35:26 PM
But, that had nothing to do with that evening... and I did not write him down as a "Gay Friend". In fact, I made the breakfast.

Nice... He cooked dinner, hopefully you had fun rubbing body parts together, and then you cooked him breakfast. Excellent!

Being tossed onto the ' Gay Friends ' list is one of the biggest insults a man can ever experience especially before you get to see her naked and swap bodily fluids.

So, English is not my native language and certain nuances escape me. Thanks for clarifying.

Cool...

Now I know I can mess with your mind anytime I like....

Bwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhaaahahahaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
 bucsgirl
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/17/2008 6:44:02 PM
I CAN cook prefer not to most of the time....ehh.

"I still own handcuffs and a paddle.
And know how to use them."

I have a set of paddles, no handcuffs....it'd be wicked to play you in ping pong!!
 Indigo rose
Msg: 62
Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/17/2008 7:18:44 PM

I always cook breakfast for women that spend the night. Eggs, bacon, pancakes etc.I also do all my own cooking. It's rare I eat out.

Well I am surprised they stay over for eggs then

The Horror of Cooking. Can never wait until the Nightmare is over and the food is ready. Gourmet Microwave Chef ...

I can cook better than most of your Mothers *pats my own back* If I cook it they will come !
-Rosesfield of dreams
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Can YOU cook?