Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > The Earth moved for me      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 alpinebryon
Msg: 1
view profile
History
The Earth moved for mePage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
The earth moved for me this morning WOW what a ride LOL How was it for every body.get a good shake .It was funny I have not felt any thing like that since the New Madriad fault shifted bake in the 60's
 butterflykisses31
Msg: 2
The Earth moved for me
Posted: 4/18/2008 6:33:37 AM
LOL Is that what that shaking was thought i was dreaming about being on a boat.....LOL

No really didnt really feel anything i dont think....LOL I was out of it at 4 what ever time it was....

Hope the people that were affected are all ok and did not get to much damage
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 3
The Earth moved for me
Posted: 4/18/2008 7:39:19 AM
I gotta tell ya...I was freaked out by this! LOL

I woke up shaking...not sure at the time if it was ME or the bed...deaf as a doorknob cause I take my implant out when I am sleeping! So I get up...and I am not shakin' anymore, which tells me it is my BED! LOL Thought I had a spirit in my home! Was pretty shaken at the idea of why this spirit is suddenly visiting me...thinking someone close to me died...finally went back to sleep about 530 and when I woke up, all the things on the top of my desk were knocked off!

I am amazed that this was just an aftershock...and I know I will NEVER live in California, now! LOL
 FatBottomGirlie
Msg: 4
The Earth moved for me
Posted: 4/18/2008 8:11:13 AM
*sings* I felt the Earth... move... under my feet...

Actually I slept thru the whole damn thing! lol
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 5
The Earth moved for me
Posted: 4/18/2008 8:18:00 AM
OK...it is happening again!!!!!!!!!!!! My desk chair is shakin me, I can see my Zoe pup shakin on the deck, and this is just NOT FUNNY!

Did we just have another, or do we expect aftershocks for a while???
 frtnhnfloed
Msg: 6
The Earth moved for me
Posted: 4/18/2008 8:25:20 AM
yes, kat, i felt it too, i was sitting here at my desk and the building started moving
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 8
The Earth moved for me
Posted: 4/18/2008 8:53:35 AM
OMGawd...what a totally convenient exuse, Tpot!! LMAO LMAO LMAO
 alpinebryon
Msg: 10
view profile
History
The Earth moved for me
Posted: 4/18/2008 11:13:34 AM
I was just sitting here this morning on the computer and I started to feel the house shake LOL.I knew right of the bat that it was a earth quake but I thought that it was the New Madriad fault.But I didn't know that there was a Walbsh valley fault line LOL.And the one that happened back in 68 was all so in souther Ill..And the 2nd real tremor I was in bed takeing a nap LOL and the bed begain to shake LOL.my bed hasn't shaken like that since a long time ago LOL(wink wink)
 butterflykisses31
Msg: 12
The Earth moved for me
Posted: 4/18/2008 11:59:08 AM
I felt the one later today while i was at work all of a sudden the wall and the desk started shaking ...Oh my Gawd................................
 TheKidof72
Msg: 13
The Earth moved for me
Posted: 4/18/2008 1:12:47 PM
I didn't feel any of them today, but the gals I work around did. After talking with Denise we have come to the conclusion that we party and dance way to much, either that or we are always drunk, and the ground is always moving on us so it's nothing new for us. Jeannie, are you in that same category as Denise and I.......guess we have to stop going out dancing all the time so the next earthquake we can actually feel.
 imbelievn2ru
Msg: 14
view profile
History
The Earth moved for me
Posted: 4/18/2008 1:13:20 PM
Talk about scared...

My daughter was getting ready to sit down in the dental chair to have her wisdom teeth removed. The dentist made a comment about removing her wisdom
She was already shaking in her socks then the chair rattles.
 kell618
Msg: 15
The Earth moved for me
Posted: 4/18/2008 2:09:22 PM
Missed the first one, was busy sleepin.

Felt the second one. Haven't had that strong of one in ages. =) Too many people are now asking " What's Shakin' " lol
 cynthiasue
Msg: 16
view profile
History
The Earth moved for me
Posted: 4/18/2008 9:54:22 PM
I was up this morning at 4 am and did coffee in one hand, diet pepsi in the other and trying not to smoke. Opened the front door because it was warm and wasn't raining yet and let the dog in. She went to the bedroom and I started computer putzing around and was getting ready to check the weather.com site to see how close the rain might be. Too early for local news.

It was a sudden rumble. Like a train which goes by here a couple times a day, but I knew it wasn't when my chair shook and my barefeet on the floor could feel the vibration.

Out loud I said, "We're having an earthquake." Then I went and looked outside to make sure the dam wasn't collapsing and the lake was flowing into Big River. Daughter was sound asleep but got up early for her on a day off and said she felt her bed move (oh, if only I could get mine to do that with me in it...!)

Can't say it was a scary feeling. Just weird.

Almost like foreplay that for some unknow reason stops and all you hear is a big loud snore.
 ROSETTA1963
Msg: 17
The Earth moved for me
Posted: 4/19/2008 7:51:11 AM
I felt it at 4:34am my bed and window where shaking, it was pretty scary, cause last time i was in a earthquake it was in 1968 in sicily in the middle of the nite my father grabbed us kids and took us outside to make sure the house didnt fall on top of us. Pretty scary thing to go tru as a little gurl, im glad this one wasnt as bad as the one we had back then, lots of ppl were killed from things falling on them.
so we are pretty lucky.
THANK GOD!
 fuzz80
Msg: 18
The Earth moved for me
Posted: 4/20/2008 1:18:03 PM
Is this the only way you can feel the earth move?

Michael
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 19
The Earth moved for me
Posted: 4/20/2008 6:01:59 PM
I didn't notice/feel a thing. I slept through first one and 2nd one/aftershock while at work around 10:15 didn't notice that one at all, lots of folks talking about it though..
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 20
The Earth moved for me
Posted: 4/20/2008 11:07:58 PM
Well, we just had yet another one...this one slightly smaller...a 4.2! I felt this one about a half hour ago...thought, "I am paranoid!" LOL Confirmed it on the quake.usgs.gov website!

Maybe we should use this thread to talk about earthquake safety?! I just read that most of the things I have heard, are myths!
 alpinebryon
Msg: 21
view profile
History
The Earth moved for me
Posted: 4/21/2008 12:45:36 AM
you felt it too LOL i was just starting to wake up. and the bed was shaking I hate when it shake with out a good reason LOL.Damn my bed has shaken more in the past week that it has in the last few years LOL.Damn I ned to find a lover LOL
 alpinebryon
Msg: 22
view profile
History
The Earth moved for me
Posted: 4/21/2008 12:49:10 AM
They say never go out side during a quake.But out here by my house there are no large tree's to fall and no poewr line's in my back yard.So I have to say in my case the safest place to be is out in my back yard.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 23
The Earth moved for me
Posted: 4/21/2008 6:22:35 AM
Well I read last night on the website, the ground "opening" is a myth...as well as the triangle thing...that the best safety is simply bracing oneself under a table or something. They said falling debris is the main source of danger.
 Pete73052
Msg: 24
The Earth moved for me
Posted: 4/25/2008 7:20:14 AM

I was staying in this cheap motel the night of the quake. You know, one of those old ones where they have that "massage bed" that you put the quarter into to make it vibrate?

Damn... sometimes I wish I too was a thrill-seeker. (Hi Jester )
 Pete73052
Msg: 25
The Earth moved for me
Posted: 4/25/2008 5:22:15 PM
LOL... You know I live in California. We don't bat an eye at anything less than a 7.5... So unless the quarter buys me something more like a mechanical bull ride than a vibrating massage... I'll pass...

(pssst... I've been flying under the radar...)
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > The Earth moved for me