Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > what does it mean baggage after breakup?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tam879
Msg: 1
view profile
History
what does it mean baggage after breakup?Page 1 of 1    
I`ve been in a relationship for 14 months and it`s been 5 months since my g/f brokeup with me. I still feel a loss. So, does that mean I have baggage? What kind of baggage are we talking about? Yes I cared for her but I don`t think I really was in love with her and neither was she with me. I know this because I said to her, I quote "you never said you loved me" her reply was that she cared for me. So, would that cause baggage. But I still am not sure what baggage that I might be carrying.
 gadixie
Msg: 2
view profile
History
what does it mean baggage after breakup?
Posted: 4/24/2008 5:00:44 AM
If you both cared for each other but there was no love there, what you are missing is the loss of a friend and companionship.
It gets lonely at times but you do need to move on and find the love that was missing in that relationship. Everyone has some kind of "baggage" as people like to call it.
I call it lifes experiances and grow from it. You just learned not to settle for no love relationship. Now if you take the message from it and move on, hopefully you will not settle for that again.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > what does it mean baggage after breakup?