Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Why don't girls try playing video games, rather than complain?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 2
Why don't girls try playing video games, rather than complain?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I play, but I complain too--I understand why its fun to play I don't understand a man's preference for playing over being with real humans.
 24DegreeAngel
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Why don't girls try playing video games, rather than complain?
Posted: 4/26/2008 10:09:14 AM
I play some video games... I love the Wii and some of the things I can do on there. My computer games are like Risk, Sims, Puzzles and Poker. Women in general are casual game players... men tend to play the games they can play for hours and hours.

I don't like video games because i'm not good at some of them... I get dizzy.... and I don't think it's entertaining to kill things over and over.... and I don't have hours and hours to dedicate to them either. I won't complain that video games are played occationally. One of my coworkers is preparing (by playing games) to join a 72 hour - 300 person lan party.... where no one bathes... or sleeps... for the majority of that. I think that's excessive if you ask me.

Chances are you are playing too many of them if she's complaining.
 jessikaowl
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/26/2008 2:48:20 PM
i'm not very good at them, but I try! I like watching as well, to a point, as in I wouldn't want to every day.

I am only pretty good at the original nintendo, which is why I bought one and a crap load of games! Yay 8 bit! lol
 techgirl27
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2008 1:09:00 PM
I like to play some video games, but what puts me off is when a guy spends ALL of his avialable time on an X box instead of portioning some of that time doing things with me. If every time I call or turn around, he's at the joypad, it wont make for a lasting relationship. I have no problem with video games. I have my favorites, too.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Why don't girls try playing video games, rather than complain?