Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Toronto Blue Jays fans      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Toronto Blue Jays fansPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I don't agree with Mandrake's analysis of the Blue Jays. You claim that they are no better thab a 500 ball club. As of today they're record is 31-28 that is 3 games ABOVE 500. While I agree that the Red Sox will be hard to catch, the Yankees are 1.5 games BEHIND the Blue Jays. I think that it is still a bit too early to make an assesment of where the Blue Jays or any team for that matter will finish. Do you really think that Tampa Bay will win the East? Realistically I think that The Red Sox will win, but I wouldn't count out the Yankees or the BlueJays. Personally I think that the Blue Jays will win a wild card. The Blue Jays problem this year is their hitting. They have the best pitching staff in MLB,but can't seem to hit. Hopefully that will change.

Mark
 Korrrosive
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Toronto Blue Jays fans
Posted: 6/2/2008 10:56:53 AM
I don't have to mention anything already mentioned, as I agree completely.

One comment about Gibbons though. This is a guy that had Matt Stairs batting leadoff last year for a few games.
Toronto Blue Jays fans
Posted: 6/2/2008 1:17:58 PM
prairie pundit, I don't remember when they slotted the DH in the 9th position. If it was, like you said 3 years ago, it may make sense because they were a good team and finished in second place ahead of Boston, but behind the Yankees. If you posistion your DH in the 9th spot, it's probably because you have too good a team. Someone has to hit 9th, even in the ALL STAR game. It's not as bad a move as you make it to be.

Mark
 Sweet J-me Baby
Msg: 9
Toronto Blue Jays fans
Posted: 6/20/2008 11:56:51 AM
Well sly, the tree got shook and the bad apple fell to the ground.. Gibbons got fired today and will be replaced by Cito Gaston, according to Fox Sports.

The man was coming unraveled last year already and should have been fired at the end of last season....I'm not sure Gaston will be much better, tho. The Jays have a fantastic ball team, play in a tough division and need quality leadership at the helm.
 Sweet J-me Baby
Msg: 15
Toronto Blue Jays fans
Posted: 7/26/2008 7:51:42 AM
I've thought for a long time now that the Jays had a great team with a lot of potential. They just had lousy leadership.

I think you are right, wiz. The fight for the finish line in AL East is going to be a tight race and probably will have us Sox fans on the edges of our seats. There might be a few cushions getting tossed at the TV and maybe a finger nail or two getting lost in the anxiety! lol
 Sweet J-me Baby
Msg: 17
Toronto Blue Jays fans
Posted: 7/28/2008 7:50:50 PM
I have taken notice, wiz, believe me! The best thing that happened to that team was getting rid of Gibbons. This is going to be an interesting run to the post-season in the AL East.
 ticatsleafsjaysfan
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Toronto Blue Jays fans
Posted: 9/22/2008 9:05:27 AM
Hi enchanted, you said that the Blue Jays have missed the playoffs for the past 15 years, that's not completely true because in 1994 there was n0 playoffs and all teams missed that year, so it's really only 14 playoffs. Hopefully in the offseason they can get a good hitter and a starter to replace Marcum. I think next year will be a bad year but 2010 will be good.
 Sweet J-me Baby
Msg: 20
Toronto Blue Jays fans
Posted: 9/25/2008 1:35:12 PM
Very well said, sly and I couldn't agree more! Cito is the best thing to happen to that team in a long time. Well, second best...the best thing was firing Gibbons in the first place. Gibbons had a good team last year already, but he did not know how to lead them properly.

The 2009 AL East season is going to be a thrilling one with the Sox, Jays, and Rays...and that team from NY...what are they called again? (Sorry Baltimore, no recognition for you here!!!)
 Thatguy67
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Toronto Blue Jays fans
Posted: 10/17/2008 5:53:12 AM
Beeston & Gaston are back. Gee, can Pat Gillick be far behind?
 trivv
Msg: 23
Toronto Blue Jays fans
Posted: 12/2/2008 1:02:28 PM
Sucks that Teddy died, he was a big factor in bringing baseball to Toronto

/tear
 Thatguy67
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Toronto Blue Jays fans
Posted: 2/23/2009 5:07:31 AM
We made great progress last year.

I'll say they made great progress last year!

The Jays were pretty quiet in the off-season. I would be happy if they progressed to a wildcard spot.
 ticatsleafsjaysfan
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Toronto Blue Jays fans
Posted: 2/28/2009 11:16:57 AM
The Blue Jays are going to have a tough year because their #2 starter(Marcum) is out with "Tommy John" surgery. The American League East is too hard because the Yankees and Red Sox have the most money to spend and essentially BUY themselves into the playoffs. Until they have a salary cap and enforce it, the East will always be Yankees and Red Sox unless there's a fluke or something, like the Rays did last year. I doubt that will happen for a few more years.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Toronto Blue Jays fans