Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Venting!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 imalitltpot
Msg: 1
Venting!!Page 1 of 1    
I looked for a CD on the Barnes & Noble website. It shows the List Price as $13.99. The Online Price is $11.19, and the Member Price is $10.07. I'm not a member - I don't buy enough books and music to make the dues worthwhile. Anyway, so I clicked on "Check store availability" and found the store closest to me has the CD. I go over there on my lunch hour, and the store's price is $16.99, "on sale" for $14.99.

What a flippin' rip off. I told the clerk their website said the List Price is $13.99. She said that's the online price. I told her it's their LIST PRICE. When I got back to the office I looked at the website again; in tiny print it says that web and store prices may vary. HELLLOOOOO.....I'm doing all the work by driving to the store to get it. Yes, I know they need to pay rent, payroll and all, but STILL.

I was there, I went ahead and bought it for $14.99. It better be GOOD.
 FatBottomGirlie
Msg: 2
Venting!!
Posted: 4/30/2008 8:27:52 PM
I've found A LOT of companies have lower prices on the net than in store, but then many times you have to watch for shipping costs.

It's a conspiracy I say!
 alpinebryon
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Venting!!
Posted: 5/1/2008 6:51:57 AM
its just like going to the 7-11 its more there than in the normal store your just paying extra for the convinets of it
 esotericjudi
Msg: 4
Venting!!
Posted: 5/1/2008 8:48:08 PM
Ok I get the venting & all, but doggone-it, WHAT CD?????
Inquiring minds must know!!!
 imalitltpot
Msg: 5
Venting!!
Posted: 5/2/2008 6:37:34 AM
Hee hee......

It's Brian Culbertson, Bringing Back the Funk.

I'd never heard of him before he opened for Barry Manilow last Saturday. This guy is awesome!!! So is the CD.
 imalitltpot
Msg: 6
Venting!!
Posted: 5/3/2008 8:48:22 AM
I bought it at Barnes & Noble......you might check Best Buy....
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 7
Venting!!
Posted: 5/6/2008 7:43:54 AM
Or you can check online and see if you can find it free to burn! :O)

Apparently Brian Culbertson recently has a download release...check things like eMusic, Napster, or others...many offer freebie trial memberships!
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Venting!!