Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Storms on May 1-2, 2008      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 imalitltpot
Msg: 1
Storms on May 1-2, 2008Page 1 of 1    
Is everyone OK? The Northland and Independence were hit pretty hard.

I talked with Tarajls/Jennifer this morning -- she is OK, but is pretty shaken up. She was absolutely terrified last night when this "thing" hit (they haven't determined yet if it was a tornado). She lost power, her roof sustained some damage, and she lost a huge tree branch, but some of her neighbors have it much worse than she does. She saw considerable damage on her way to work this morning. I told her she could call on us if she needs any help or hugs.....

These are the times that being single and living alone really SUCK...........
 esotericjudi
Msg: 2
Storms on May 1-2, 2008
Posted: 5/2/2008 10:53:08 AM
I'm okay - no damage that I noticed. I was lucky enough to sleep like a log once I went to bed around 1130 - nothing wakes me up!
It was scary for a while around 9-10, though. Brian B was busy telling us that the worst was over in the SW & was nowhere near Raytown, then the tornado sirens on the school 4 blocks from me started going! I was switching between all the channels to see if I was really about to get hit & couldn't see ANYTHING near me...the sirens stopped for a while then did the same thing about 30 minutes later.
This whole time, I'm sitting there thinking about the massive ordeal of getting my dad down the steps (he can't do them) and whether I should do so, which would involve waking him up & my son carrying him down (& probably severe bruising or maybe a cracked rib), or just let him sleep & maybe get killed by a tornado...big fun times.
I think next time a bad one comes, I'm just telling Dad he needs to sleep on the cot in the tornado shelter...not sure where he'll go to the bathroom though!
 mshenny
Msg: 3
Storms on May 1-2, 2008
Posted: 5/2/2008 4:22:04 PM
Well this part of Independence is ok, some bad stuff over jodiek's way, but called and checked on her and all is good. For those that know zippy hes up in the Northland too, called him and he is ok also.
 Charlene0729
Msg: 4
Storms on May 1-2, 2008
Posted: 5/2/2008 6:02:55 PM
I was worried about everyone down there. I'm glad to know you are ok.
I'd like to offer up a warning since we had the ice storm up here in Dec. & our trees got hit pretty bad. With the storms down there, alot of the trees will be the same. Please be careful. Alot of the trees have broken limbs but haven't fallen because they are hung up on other limbs. Monday, a neighbor was in his back yard & a tree limb fell & hit him. He was knocked out & had major head trauma. He lost alot of blood & bruised his brain. He's still in the hospital & in serious condition. So everyone please be careful! POF just wouldn't be the same without you
 jodie-k
Msg: 5
Storms on May 1-2, 2008
Posted: 5/3/2008 9:06:49 AM
well evidently I slept right through it. The only thing that woke me up was the dog cause she was restless, wonder why?? I was pretty bummed when Michelle told me Arbys was gone - Now I have to drive to Noland Rd or Blue Springs. dammit!
 imalitltpot
Msg: 6
Storms on May 1-2, 2008
Posted: 5/4/2008 5:17:35 AM
This got me to thinking:

If your house was hit by a tornado and your stuff was spread over a 3-block area.....what do you have that you would be embarrassed if someone found it in their yard? Would you reclaim it?
 mshenny
Msg: 7
Storms on May 1-2, 2008
Posted: 5/4/2008 7:14:39 AM
That is too funny Tpot. My girlfriend went on a trip awhile back and i remember her telling her daughter that if anything happened to her, that she needed to check a certain place in her bedroom before anyone else did.
 esotericjudi
Msg: 8
Storms on May 1-2, 2008
Posted: 5/4/2008 10:02:02 AM
I assumed all us girls have a certain place in our bedroom that no one better look...
And if it is embarassing, it ain't mine either!

Some of my clothing, I sure wouldn't want to claim...
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Storms on May 1-2, 2008