Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > barbara walters admits to having had an affair with a married congres      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Lario
Msg: 2
view profile
History
barbara walters admits to having had an affair with a married congressmanPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
How could she have self respect??? How could he?? She's a haint ! If his buddies find out he'll never hear the end of it!
 The Artful Codger
Msg: 4
barbara walters admits to having had an affair with a married congressman
Posted: 5/2/2008 8:28:37 PM

she's LOW
Laughing Out Woud?

As for self-respect, responding to this thread will likely erase any remaining trace of mine.

cotter
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2008 8:57:34 PM
Who cares? Lots of people have affairs. It's not like having an "affair" is the end of the world.

It's not something I'd participate in and I wouldn't want to be with any man who would be comfortable doing it ... but I really don't care about any of that stuff.

As long as it didn't get anyone killed ... WHO CARES?
 IndigoPanda
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2008 9:36:18 PM
only one?

when you have no morals like barbara walters, i figured she probably did half of congress. This is not shocking, it is not even news. why did she even announce this? No one looks at barbara walters as a sex figure anyways
 cotter
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2008 5:12:15 AM
"halfalien" (message 7) ...
i am more concerned about the issue about a woman in general having an affair with a man of some power as if it is so strong of an attraction to a woman that she can't turn it down, even if it means the guy is married.
You're right!!! What the H3ll was I thinking? THAT'S AWFUL.

A man would never do such a thing. A man would never have an affair with a woman of "some power" as if it is so strong of an attraction to him that he can't turn it down ... even if it means the woman is married. Men simply do not do such things.

Bad Barbara ... bad, bad Barbara Walters ...
 h0ldfast
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2008 10:57:35 AM
Barbara Walters should be ashamed of herself. She is a role model for women. What does this say to the youth of today?
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2008 11:05:48 AM
This allegedly took place 3 decades ago. In the '70s.
Good grief, I could have had an affair with Babba Wawa back in the '70s, do ya think I would remember it?
And I'm not even a politician, or a rock star...
 h0ldfast
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2008 12:13:31 PM

Bill Clinton was set up

If Bill Clinton didn't have the strength, the brains or the integrity to keep his hands and DNA off of a twenty something intern, he deserves his fate, which is ... pretty confortable. He's rich, popular, influential, rich and in line to be First Husband. I have a bit more sympathy for Lewinsky, a once promising White House intern who can now look forward to a lifetime as a punchline and a footnote in the biography of her harasser.
 Javan2
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/5/2008 8:18:28 AM
This will really piss people in here off. The senator she was with was the first Black Senator of the United States. I think she's telling the story because she's on Television and this may give her show a bump in ratings. Most of the people who listen to Howard Stern Hate Him but those who do are among his most loyal listeners. I mean think about it, how would you explain the success of Jerry Springer ? Barbara Walters isn't the problem here. The problem is us and what we are intrigued by. We have but only to look into our own mirrors.
 nipoleon
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2008 10:26:23 AM
From the Onion.....

" What, somebody got laid " ?
 nipoleon
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2008 2:54:36 AM
Western Civilization is now officially at an end.

Does everyone in the world get more sex than me, damnit ?
Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > barbara walters admits to having had an affair with a married congressman