Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Guys, is it true you have only these 3 basic needs?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 scorpiomover
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Guys, is it true you have only these 3 basic needs?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

So, guys, let me ask you, given this verbal exchange, is this to say that all you want is for us ladies to show up scantily dressed, holding a pizza and a six-pack, and be contented to sit and watch some sports game on TV with you? Is that the way to your hearts? Can't wait to hear (or see) your comments/feedback on this one. Thanks!
I like my ladies scantily dressed when we are going to be having sex soon, and fully dressed otherwise, or I am going to want to jump her. If she dressed that way all day, she'd never get any sleep. I don't eat pizza very often, and I don't drink beer very often. Also, it would be a film. If she put on Sky Sports, I'd be out of there quicker than you could say Jack Robinson. Sports are athletics and are to be played. Watching sports is armchair athletics. Oh, and if she couldn't talk to me, I'd get more interested in a book than her. What this guy said to you, applied to him. Please don't make generalisations on the basis of the statement of one man. Many of us men can be really thoughtless sometimes, and never think about anyone but ourselves.
 that sam i am
Msg: 8
Guys, is it true you have only these 3 basic needs?
Posted: 5/2/2008 9:48:23 PM
That's totally overgeneralising and stereotyping.
I need Food, Internet and my Camera.
 nipoleon
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2008 4:26:24 AM
Yes, we men are just like stray dogs.
You feed us and pet us and you own us.

That's part of the problem, we are way too easy.
I wish there was a way to get all men to agree to start playing a lot harder to get.
 MissLioness75
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2008 4:47:57 AM
[What they are saying is that, far too often, you women make things AND LIFE.....FAR more complex than you need to. And MOST TIMES, you CREATE problems that simply DON'T need to be ever created...... Most times, women are convinced that unless there is a PROBLEM somewhere, something ISN'T RIGHT.... And most times, you try to actually convince yourself that your ability to CREATE problems is due to your somehow GREATER evolved SUPERIOR BRAINS.... So you ASSUME that men are somehow NEANDERTHAL when they say 'hey....life is SIMPLE....and this is all that we require to be HAPPY!! We don't need to get involved in anybody else's business, buy four hundred pairs of shoes that we'll never wear, talk trash about our friends the way that you do, or make mountains out of molehills when the house isn't just SPARKLING CLEAN or JUST PERFECT.....!!" As men, we know that it's simply better to ENJOY LIFE, and NOT SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF!!]

pair o docks,

that made total sense docks (even though I'm a female and usually do over-complicate things)
 Randominternetguy
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2008 6:47:43 AM
I also don't care about the sports, and I agree with Dawn1114, Food, Sex and Fun.

Or, as I was once told by a woman back in my 20's:

The secret to men is keep their bellies full, balls empty, and laugh at the jokes.

:) Bob
 Seavoyage
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2008 7:29:03 AM
As the old show called "Perfect Strangers" would have Balky say "Don't be ridiculous." I think women like food, too, right? Maybe, more men watch sports than women, but I am not so sure. I don't really care that much about sports on TV. I haven't been so interested in it. I prefer a good read, a walk in the park, going to a cafe, surfing the net, reading the paper, and the like. I think it also depends on what one can do in the city one lives in. If you are from New York City, you can sure get into the sports, but you can also get into the cultural scene more easily. There is nothing wrong with a good ball game, but there is much more to life than sports. As far as sex, if it was that simple, then guys and girls would have much simpler relationships. Each guy has different needs, and we have different backgrounds. Some guys are the way you described. The men you described are like many women. Their idea of happiness is more outer world related. They think the meaning to happiness is sports, sex, and food i.e. things that are physical. They are not going deep. Many people are really like that, and these guys are being honest, and women in many cases have their own version of this.
 opnmydm
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/5/2008 6:30:45 AM
i beg to differ..he speaks for his own group of guy friends.there is soo much more to life than sports and food......:)
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Guys, is it true you have only these 3 basic needs?