Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > What a man over 45 looks for in a relationship.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ankkka
Msg: 2
What a man over 45 looks for in a relationship.Page 1 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
Well...

Are you looking for Saint ...wife or a woman?
Sure...every woman is like that...just perfect...
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 3
What a man over 45 looks for in a relationship.
Posted: 5/3/2008 2:04:58 PM
...I agree with 6 out of the 7....I have a very eclecic style when it comes to decorating which may be very different from yours ....I wouldn't want to think that someone would discount me as a possiblity because I like bold colours and prints. Come check out my bedroom, see what you think haha.

One thing I would like to add to your list is take note of who their friends are. Whar kind of relationship do they have and how long have they maintained the same friends. I have some friendships that go back to early childhood....and most of my friendships I have maintained for 20 years or more. I would be lost without my friends.

...maeflowers
 ankkka
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/3/2008 3:27:46 PM
Dear song sparrow...

I have to disagree with you...
I hate animals...because I'm afraid of them... but I'm really...really good person...
 ankkka
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/3/2008 3:34:20 PM
Gary...

You are always wonderful with every comment... not only intelligent...but really wise man...
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2008 8:16:23 PM
Perfect memory isn't essential, as long as she remembers the things I forget, and forgets only those things I remember.
Has a spare set of keys and remembers where they are.
Understands the concept of "yes."
"Gets" The Far Side.
Understands that romance fiction is just that- fiction.
Realizes that- yes, in fact, I DO know how to fix this, dang it.
Map reading skills are not mandatory, just the concept that some of us actually can.
Can cope with the fact that men do not, can not, never will understand how a "size three" is larger than a "size six."
If she "borrows" my sweater, I expect it back- this season.
 MacKevinized
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2008 4:21:40 AM

Well, I can only speak for myself but I have a list in my head of what I look for in a woman. It's not perfect or for everybody...just the same here it goes.....
First, how she treats her family, her parents, or my parent for that matter,says alot to me.
Second, how she treats and reacts to children gives me insite into her tolerance level.
Third, how she treats strangers, like the check out girl, bag boy, the elderly, or a waitress in public.
Fourth, how she treats animals and how they behave around her.
Fifth, how she decorates her house or apartment says worlds about her.
Sixth, how comfortable are we with each other.
Seventh, how respectful are we of each other.
The mutual interest would already be established before any of the above would take place. It's not a test or anything...but it is something a wise woman told me to look
for in a person I wanted to establish a relationship with...
Please feel free to add or voice your opine !

So what's to discuss here?
This is simply info for a profile and should be titled
"My profile isn't working so I'm broadcast posting."

First you're interested in how she treats people(old).... duh yea
Second you're interested in how she treats people(young).... duh yea
Third you're interested in how she treats people(other).... duh yea
Fourth you're interested in how she treats small animals.... duh yea.... I guess you don't care if she will beat a dead horse like this thread.
Fifth, do you need a maid?
Sixth you're interested in how she treats people(you).... duh yea
Seventh ... all ai can say is .... duh yea.

Please feel free to reject any opine you don't like.
 MacKevinized
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2008 8:48:08 AM

Here is what I look for.
1. I look for a woman who may not necessarily put me first, yada yada.
2. However, I need to rank within the Second or at a minumum Third.
3. I also look for a woman who is not so much into herself, yada yada , most importantly the man in her life.
4. This is what I am willing to do and I would hope I will be able to find.
5. As I see it, chemistry is important, but even more important are
6. loyalty,
7. integrity and
8. devotion.

OK so I broke it into segments and paraphrased but Seems rule # 1 is in conflict with rule #3

If you design a form, it would be easier for the babes to fill it out.

These qualities will often make up for 100% chemistry which anyone knows is impossible anyway.

Go back and read Cinderella again and learn about kissing toads and the knights of the roundtable.
Then tell me chemistry isn't real.
Check out cosmo and playboy, They know everything about real relationships.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2008 8:59:51 AM
My list is short and simple:

A woman that is happy to be by my side and who I am happy to have by my side.
 Janet4ever
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/4/2008 9:00:08 AM
Things that come to mind:
Mutual acceptance and respect
Financial responsibility. Not how much you have, but how you manage whatever it is you do have.
Willingness to express feelings, share ideas and conjure up mutual dreams.
Alcohol is not a necessity to having fun.
If you're still concerned with your parents approval, your family dynamics are out of wack.
Decorating? I don't care... as long as you have somewhere I can sit.
If you have pets and/or children you know loving them is sometimes not letting them have everything they want, but making sure they have everything they need.
 itechman63
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2008 9:06:38 AM
Over 45? I'll tell you next year.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 31
Posted: 5/4/2008 9:11:23 AM

Whoa Nelly! Note this was a statement not a question. And not a broadcast as was noted on here. And the list was actually an accumulated list from a men's health
magazine. But let the masses storm the tower.
I had a feeling this would stir up ridicule for no other reason than primal trivial
tribal intolerence.
Your opinions are appreciated because we all have bellybuttons.
Good Grief!
Skunxster!
Take Care!

...Don't take it to heart, you know what this place is like...besides, it can be very entertaining to watch the masses storm the tower

...maeflowers
 ankkka
Msg: 34
Posted: 5/4/2008 8:14:59 PM
To be serious...so what is your identity?
 careiizma
Msg: 40
Posted: 5/5/2008 2:56:20 PM
I agree with Skunk12pu

I'm not sure how to put all of that nice stuff into my profile. Should I just come out and give examples of how nice I am? I open doors for the elderly and disabled. I am nice to the neighbourhood kids and pay them for chores. They say "hi" as they run by. I've taught children with autism and that takes a great deal of patience. I've raised two nice, independent, intelligent kids into adulthood. They're happy to visit and they don't want to return to live with me until they're 30. They love me. My kids' friends love me. Pets like me. I am even nice to telemarketers. (I say no thank you.) My house is decorated and"calming". My home looks fresh and lived in, not like I'm ready to move out of my college dorm or I've "staged" it for sale. I have a cool garden.

Should I say all of that?
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 42
Posted: 5/5/2008 8:00:08 PM

Yea, the OP is gonna be single a long, long time.

...Somehow, I don't thinks so. A lot of what he has to say makes sense. When observing members of the opposite sex, I watch how they treat people, children and animals. It tells me a lot about their personality and whether or not I want to get to know them . Most people enjoy being around, postive upbeat individuals, negative people are too draining...they take away all one's good energy.
I cannot tolerate arrogance, rudeness or bullies...turns me right off. We all have a want list and I know what I don't want.

...maeflowers
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 54
Posted: 5/11/2008 1:00:22 PM

What about friends with ulterior motives ?
My ex wifes best mate used to tell her I wasnt good enough for her and I didnt treat her good enough. What my wife didnt know was her best mate was always coming on to me !

If thats friends I dont need enemies !

...If friends do that sort of thing, than I would re-think one's friendships. I have maintained some of my friendships since childhood....they have weathered good times and bad times and have supported me 100%

As long as you don't cross any boundaries, there isn't anything wrong with enjoying time spent with friends.

...maeflowers

Need2Bplzed
Msg: 57
Posted: 5/27/2008 3:41:46 AM
I think thats the perfect answer.
 Need2Bplzed
Msg: 58
Posted: 5/27/2008 3:48:09 AM
rearguard2 i think thats the perfect answer..
 MedicineRifle
Msg: 65
Posted: 5/29/2008 7:24:27 PM
Hey Loz - I'm a 58 year old guy and I agree with you - loved your answer - I'm scared to death too but not just because of that guy
 flowerforce
Msg: 69
Posted: 5/30/2008 11:38:04 AM
I agree with rearguard2.
I think there are many people I could be in a relationship with and yes I have a list of qualities that I would like to have in a partner. But when it comes down to it I want to be happy being with that person.
looks fade
sometimes I am grumpy at the grocery store
and impatient with my brothers and children
tastes in decorating change etc.
I believe it is my responsibility to be the kind of partner my man will be happy being with this does not mean I should make him happy because that is his to do.
A good companion friend and lover is what I am looking for understanding that I will not get these qualities all of the time because life has a habit of throwing curve balls and being that we are all human we have our good days and our not so good days.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 71
Posted: 5/30/2008 7:31:55 PM

I agree with rearguard2.
I think there are many people I could be in a relationship with and yes I have a list of qualities that I would like to have in a partner. But when it comes down to it I want to be happy being with that person.
looks fade
sometimes I am grumpy at the grocery store
and impatient with my brothers and children
tastes in decorating change etc.
I believe it is my responsibility to be the kind of partner my man will be happy being with this does not mean I should make him happy because that is his to do.
A good companion friend and lover is what I am looking for understanding that I will not get these qualities all of the time because life has a habit of throwing curve balls and being that we are all human we have our good days and our not so good days

...And you forgot to add, smeone that will love us no matter how we look first thing in the morning.

...maeflowers
 My I
Msg: 72
Posted: 5/30/2008 7:50:01 PM

...And you forgot to add, smeone that will love us no matter how we look first thing in the morning

Maybe I am a bit strange. In my opinion, the mornings are the times I think a woman is her sexiest and most vulnerable. She has woken with her hair messed and the scent of her skin fragrances the underside of the bed sheets. I am guilty of enjoying watching a woman walk naked from the bed to the bathroom (or elsewhere). I find a woman to be the most sensual and appealing "the morning after".

Usually, I become very interested (ok - aroused) for a nice, slow romp in the sheets in the morning.
 flowerforce
Msg: 75
Posted: 5/31/2008 4:39:06 PM
maeflowers,
I will add the to my list because I have curly hair and look like Bozo the clown when I get up in the morning. thanks for the reminder
Flowerforce
 dustyknight
Msg: 76
Posted: 5/31/2008 6:55:33 PM
I was lookin for luv in all the wrong places...
I read the forums and discover that I should be looking in grocery stores and walmart..lol
Now this maturing dragonfly knows exactly what he does NOT want..
I now look for a friendly smile..an open heart and a good perfume she wears can be just the ticket!..
To chat endlessly, to smile until your jaws hurt..when 1 hour seems like a minute when she is around..then I'll know..until then I like kissin' frogettes..:)
Dusty
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 80
Posted: 5/31/2008 8:02:31 PM

At this stage of our lives (I'm heading towards 60), I know that I look for a man who knows that having fun and being happy with your partner is more important then looks. Neither men or women look like they did at 30 or 40 and love starts with liking someone a LOT, and affection and love being turned on by personality more then looks. Sex is great but it's just one little part of the overall picture and the overall picture is what is more important as we grow old together.........The ability to make each other laugh even during the tough times..........to be there for each other through illnesses and family problems..........JMO

...Well I for one would have never believed you were even close to 60, you look damn good lady. And I so agree with you, I want all the stuff everyone else does, I just want someone to love, who will love me back, and accept me with all my faults. I know I am not perfect, but I'm a work in progress....

...maeflowers
 A_s_s_hole
Msg: 87
Posted: 6/1/2008 3:21:35 PM
I think one doesn't look. It' finds them. A relationship that is.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > What a man over 45 looks for in a relationship.