Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Where do you learn about new music?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 boddah
Msg: 3
Where do you learn about new music?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Yes, a website. A guitar forum, to be exact. I come across so many great bands. The same awful ones are also mentioned but I go to certain forums there (Indie Rock etc.) and discover awesome bands few have heard of. Also, I can talk about playing guitar, too. It's great!
 airplane_geek
Msg: 4
Where do you learn about new music?
Posted: 6/3/2005 2:42:13 PM
I'll agree with you supersomma. It all appears to be commercialized BS that was programmed 10 years ago. Every radio station owned by a particular megaconglomorate plays the same crap over and over and over again.

It used to be that new music was played on the radio, regardless of popularity of the artist. Now adays, who knows?

I stumble over new music. Mostly in the CD shop. I try to avoid Borders and places like that because you're missing so much music that they just don't carry. If it didn't sell a million units last year, you won't find it on the shelf today. That's not right.

I'll get off my soapbox now.....
 sandysinister
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2005 3:02:16 PM
Collage radio man, the only two words that you need. Type them into Google and surf the world for what is new and up coming. You can check the program schedules and most often you can listen on line. I love all music, my favourite being live. Good selection and sometime fresh voices. Community radio has never let me down. Hope that helps you out.
 luvinlittleyellowjacket
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/21/2005 3:11:46 PM
friends...
 rickileeyo
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/21/2005 8:49:43 PM
mostly forums
bridge9.com
darklyrics.com
etc,.
 2findU
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2008 3:26:36 PM
Other people that have the same basic taste in music as me.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Where do you learn about new music?