Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > The first time you realize that you're sexy      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 oceangirlnla1
Msg: 13
view profile
History
The first time you realize that you're sexyPage 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I think the first time I felt attractive or sexy was when I was in 8th grade. I had moved to Reno and these two girls were really mean to my twin sister and I. I couldn't figure out why they were calling us names and being mean. About a week later they ended up coming forward and saying that they thought my sister and I were so pretty and that we were going to steal away their boyfriends. These girls were older and very attractive.

I feel the most attractive and sexy when I get a compliments from women. I am not a lesbian or even bi but there is something about approval from women that seem to score higher than with men. I think it is because women have a tendency to be "catty", jealous, nit picky, and critical of other women. When you have the approval from women and especially very attractive women, it is the most ego boosting compliment and makes me feel exceptionally sexy and attractive.
 itechman63
Msg: 18
view profile
History
The first time you realize that you're sexy
Posted: 5/7/2008 11:31:20 AM
I'll get back on this once I have that epiphany.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/15/2008 10:42:54 AM
Being sexy is attitude for me. Has little or nothin to do with looks.

I know I'm sexy. Sometimes though, it's the pretty that I'm not sure about.

rebel777
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/15/2008 8:34:03 PM
When I put on my mothers bra..oops..shhhhh..I really didn't write that
never really thought of myself as feeling sexy,just really horny all the time
 platypus_man
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2008 3:12:02 AM

We have all felt sexy, thought we looked sexy

Nope. Some of us have never had that feeling. Very often, the best I felt I could hope for is that she isn't disgusted by me. Not everyone is beautiful in this world. Some by design, some by circumstance. Wow, an epiphany. Maybe a blind person would like me.
 Blonde_charm
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/16/2008 7:36:58 AM
The day was a day I could smile despite the young girls at college making fun of me while I walked by (boob comments mostly). I realized at that point their opinion didn't matter, and that all of them were dressed to their necks.

I felt good and thats what did it for me. Not a guy or lover saying it... it was all about my own self awareness.
 night501
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2008 11:48:11 PM
I remember it like it was yesterday, and i still use it as my feel good thought to this day.

I was working at a Country Club in my area as a chef. I was perty young at the time, i would say 21 or 22. Well working at a private club you get to know the members deacently well. There was this beautiful girl who's father was a wealthy lawyer. She used to bring in her sorority sisters every night. After about a month of me working there we kept a perty regular dialog. After we put out the dinner service the kitchen staff would get cleaned up and make our rounds of the dinning room. Well one evening im making my rounds when i notice a spoon on the floor right next to their table. I bend over to pick it up and I dont know why i did it but i glanced around behind me. Her and 3 of her sorority sisters where checking out my butt and they all had huge grins on their faces. When they noticed that i had caught them the whole table turned beet red. Nothing ever came from it but after that evey time i did my rounds i would take a quick glance over usually finding her eyes pointing in my direction.

To this day thinking about that 1 occasion makes me feel like a million bucks.
 Green Sangha
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2008 10:18:20 AM
gerrysuper, that is what is sexy...being comfortable being one's self. I think that is a turn on. A person can be physically very attractive or just ordinary, but when you know them and see them for who they are, and when they are comfortable and relaxed in their own skin that is sexy.
 ChoctawTears
Msg: 48
Posted: 7/12/2008 9:14:39 AM
still waiting.........
 parry10
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2008 7:47:35 AM
Can't say that I walk around feeling sexy all day long........but I've been told my voice is.......I hate my voice......go figure.....
 jackster121
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2008 9:10:41 AM
I am 53 and still waiting for that moment. LOL
 OneMoreTimeWithFeeling
Msg: 57
Posted: 10/5/2008 10:01:37 AM
I've been told I'm too sexy. I think it's my confidence and the way I carry myself. I don't think sexy is something you can learn, you either have it or you don't. It also has very little to do with looks. You can't put lipstick on a pig and make it sexy. It will still be a pig.
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 59
Posted: 10/5/2008 12:03:44 PM
Sexy is NOT just how I feel about myself, sexy is also how the world reflects back to me. I can feel sexy as heck, but if no one else confirms it, it ain't so.
 bulls eye annie
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2008 5:05:36 AM
Wow, this is a good question and a lot of good responses. Growing up the girls in our family were made to dress down our sexuality (religious beliefs) with long skirts, no make-up, jewlery...very puritan. Some women would have considered cat calls appealing, but not me. In fact, they made me feel ugly! To further this feeling, and in hindsight, I realize that the good guys found excuses for not persuing me due to their own insecurities and/or assumptions. By 29, I had a home, finished 4 years in the military, full time college student...etc So I don't think men were ready for a woman who had her *stuff* together, pretty, and a wonderful figure.

It wasn't until recently that I became aware and comfortable with my sexuality. I am 45, and still get carded. Then their mouths drop because they simply can not believe I am not 32. With less than 31% body fat (Nat'l Guard standards), and regular workouts, I am still very fit, particularly for someone my age.

After being in a marriage with no positive feedback for 10 years and 4 years in an engagement with someone who was so phaligmatic (depressing), I've shed a new leaf and am fully aware of what I have to offer in a relationship, and won't accept less in return. I want to cherish and be cherished. It's not about money (though not rich), I make my own. It's not about material stuff (that just tells me where your priorities are anyway), or status quo.

This time around I am setting healthy parameters / boundaries. I know what I want and delight in taking time to "gather information" If he can not be "mushy" wooo me, cherish me, put me on a pedastel (sp?) , share lots of time with me (without elusive sexual undertones), do the "little things" that shows he's been listening and is thinking of me, then this lady will do an "about face"

When that moment does arrive, I am fully aware of the magnatism I exude when I flip that switch to the on position without reservations.
 Cynderella
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2008 8:40:15 AM
Today when I read this thread...
Mind you if I looked in the mirror at this moment I may be brought back to reality...
Sexy is in!
 windloverr
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2008 11:45:17 PM
It's funny, it still happens occasionally; not too often, but every now and then I'll look in the mirror ant think, "Hey, for a skinny, middle aged, grey headed, balding guy, you look pretty good."
 MsMicki
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2009 6:46:42 PM
Probably when I started having sex.

My mom had always taught us "sexy" comes from within you...
it's not wearing makeup....or short skirts.....or being pretty.....
Sexy is a confidence that comes from within.

I gained that confidence with my first blow job!!
My mom knew the very next day that I had had sex.....she said "You have that look".....
I was baffled......"What look?"......
She told me to go look in the mirror.....
To this day......I am still told I give a "look" that is considered extremely sexy.
I still call it confidence.
 _jay_see_
Msg: 78
Posted: 1/2/2009 10:57:51 PM
Yup. It was after I spent several months losing weight, eating healthier and toning up in the gym.

The results were impressive.

I'm sure they'd be for anyone who puts in the effort. :)
 fancynanci
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2009 10:36:16 PM
I was 17 and I was looking in the mirror.
 c_deacon
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2009 11:51:36 AM
I was a teen and my sisters girlfriends made sure that they told me, and showed me what that meant, and how to use it.......

Then I grew up and realized that they just used me like I did them.......go figure......

OT........Feeling sexy is a function of who you are with, what you are doing, and how you feel about it and yourself.......

Of course, we could spend a significant amount of time defining "sexy" and what it means both internally, and externally, how it is perceived by those around us, and how we let it be perceived by us.

Just my opinion........
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > The first time you realize that you're sexy