Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > drinking      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tick tock
Msg: 6
view profile
History
drinkingPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
When I drink, I always find out that there are new ways to fail myself.
 Jiperly
Msg: 14
drinking
Posted: 5/11/2008 3:22:48 PM
Its depends. If you enjoy it, and it doesn't run or damage your life, then you're most likely in the clear. Its about disicpline- drinking in moderation.
 smiles0527
Msg: 15
view profile
History
drinking
Posted: 5/11/2008 6:56:48 PM
Shall we recap:

1. you are only 19 and have been drinking for 7 yrs
2. you are asking others if they think you have a problem
3. you justify your drinking by saying "you are having fun" news flash......fun isn't a daily event
4. some are telling you or giving you different measures of how to tell if you have a problem........like how often, how much, what you are drinking
5. you have a genetic predisposition to alcoholism (look at your brother) like other illnesses, addiction is genetic
6. there is NO level of alcoholism......like functional or not........addiction is mental, social, physiological and even if you play "the game" of how much and when, if your mind or thoughts are consumed with "when and what" then YOU ARE
7. if you do something 1 or 2 times....its trying /experimenting
3 or more using it
lots.......addiction
It is sad to know that you don't think that you can be in the same situation as your brother........I bet he thought the same thing.......as do all addicts. Please get some help so you can have a BETTER life. I so thank you for protecting our freedom but want you to learn how to be free from the life that will be ahead...............
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > drinking