Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Questions For All Moms!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Questions For All Moms!Page 1 of 1    
All the things you mention could be due to teething.
But since you know there may have been exposure to a flu virus get her to a doc ASAP. At her age it could be very dangerous, and even though it is likely really nothing I am sure you will rest easier if you can have it confirmed that it is nothing to worry about.
Watch for dehydration mostly. And if it is a flu the antibiotics will be no help at all since they won't affect a virus.
Ya I know I'm just a dad not a mom, but please when in doubt have it checked out. This is how first time moms or dads learn after all.
 smiles0527
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Questions For All Moms!
Posted: 5/11/2008 9:53:53 PM
Another tip for teething.......take a washcloth , or few, wet them.........then put in a freezer bag and freeze. When her mouth is bothering her, gi ve her a frozen washcloth . If she can sit in the tub, give an ice pop. Take out the camera and watch the funny faces as you also teach her about cold!!! If her ears are blocked, the doctor will usually watch that closely. Having all the symptoms of teething, if more severe, and constant crying , get checked. You can also freeze watermelon and supervise her sucking all the juices as it melts. I also used the frozen bagels.
 forum101
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Questions For All Moms!
Posted: 5/16/2008 10:10:17 PM
Any doctor will tell you, teething and colds are not the same. colds= temp, cough, congestion, runny nose. Teething= irritabilty. Likely she is have both at the same time. But if the doctor has checked her for a cold, and he says "no" , then there isnt any.
As a mother of four, and a nurse, I found the best treatment to be a bit of tylenol for the discomfort, and a cold wet washcloth, that she can chew on, kinds of numbs and helps get those little teeth through the gumline.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Questions For All Moms!