Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Would You Go To A Wedding Dateless?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sweet_kisses05
Msg: 3
Would You Go To A Wedding Dateless?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I wud and i have its fun to just party maybe meet sum1
 79dude
Msg: 8
Would You Go To A Wedding Dateless?
Posted: 6/3/2005 9:29:37 AM
i thought that everyone was supposed to try to pick up the bride... LOL
 jheldatksuedu
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/3/2005 9:39:11 AM
Absolutely, why not? You are there to help celebrate a great day with your friends the bride and groom, it's their party and they want you there, or they wouldn't have invited you. If you have a date great, if not go there and see whom you meet. Maybe you'll have a date for the next one.
 SweetKristine
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/3/2005 2:20:58 PM
im going to my college roomies wedding in october in stlouis..im hoping i can find a date before then
 rocky541
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/3/2005 3:27:52 PM
Yes I would you gotta try and get it through your head that this aint your day its the couple getting married. You were invited so just go and try and have a good time.. I realize it would kinda suck but just make the best of it! If anything free food
 SweetKristine
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/3/2005 3:31:07 PM
^^^^agree w/shore!!! its THEIR day...not yours...:)
 Raven34
Msg: 27
Posted: 6/3/2005 8:16:09 PM
I have gone to weddings dateless.....but I admit if I haven't a special man in my life at the time then I generally take one of my gal pals with me......the only wedding I went to completely stag was my sister's and I was in the wedding party so there was no sense having someone else sitting alone all night. I have fun with my friends when I take them along.....at least it gives me someone to gab with, check the men out with and we both have a fun evening out......besides there is something about weddings that leave everyone feeling hopeful so why not share that feeling.
 astrosky
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2005 10:35:44 PM
Good grief, its better to go to a wedding dateless than with some guy you barely know...because you'll probably get cornered by a bunch of old hags at some point that start up the usual crap "So when are YOU getting married?" 'winking at your date' "She's a heck of a catch you know, don't let her get away". Until you're both ready to die of embarrassment.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/4/2005 7:05:31 AM
Um...of course!! I don't know any men well enough to invite them to a wedding.
 dashance
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2006 10:43:13 PM
Just because you get a form-lettered invite mentioning and date, doesn't mean you must have one. In fact when my sister got married I was in a new relationship (2 months). The sister thought it'd be better as my coming on my own and so I did. (what ever),.... but as someone already mentioned previously, there'll always be those old biddies asking about when you are getting hitched.
 flyguy51
Msg: 42
Posted: 7/8/2006 11:57:50 PM
Sure. Been to a bunch of weddings dateless with a bunch of dateless friends. I never saw it as anything scandalous. And I've also brought dates and have been "the date."
 Sergiosf10
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2009 12:18:12 AM
This is a funny story about when i went to a wedding dateless...
The last dicember it was my best friendĀ“s wedding, and two weeks before my ex-gf and i broke up. So, i went to the wedding dateless, there were all my friends, i wasnt alone, and then, my ex-gf shows up... dateless too (she was invited too). We broke up by mutual agreement, so i went to where she was sitting to say Hi and thats all... later, one of the bride's friend started to flirting to me, but she was too obvious, she was chasing me all around the wedding but i wasnt giving her much attention. Then i started to feel as someone staring at me, and turn my head to see if i was right, and then i saw my ex-gf seeing me and the bride's friend like this ... that was an awkward moment but funny too... and all the people in the wedding got notice about that... and they told me "did you see how is your ex-gf looking at you?", and then i started with a nervous laughing but i enjoyed the wedding... so... go to the wedding, if you dont know any people there, just go to the ceremony, brings a gift, get feed and go...
 WalkingInLondon
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/19/2009 1:36:16 AM
Hell yeah! Tons of single men who are friends with the groom....gotta love men in tuxes and suits. I always dance my ass off, have a fun time meeting new people, and visiting with my friends.
Weddings are a blast, go and enjoy yourself!
Beth
 femaleconnection
Msg: 57
Posted: 2/28/2012 9:32:47 AM
If Im single, I go alone. Id rather do that then drag someone who doesnt even know the couple being wed...and possibly set him up to be questioned all night long...such as 'how do you know femaleconnection, are you two serious' etc...that can wait until I actually want a man exposed to my family. Some of the best receptions where I had the most fun was the result of going alone and not worrying about a companion being entertained all night long.
 grove_22
Msg: 65
Posted: 2/28/2012 9:18:10 PM
Yes. I have done it multiple times. It's not a big deal.
 MrsMau5
Msg: 67
Posted: 2/29/2012 12:05:27 AM
this is a stupid question....
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 68
Posted: 2/29/2012 7:13:48 AM
I prefer to fly solo at weddings unless my date knows as many of the guests as I do.

Or she is a social butterfly and can hold her own without constant attention from me.

Or unless she is the one inviting me. In that case I guess she's coming.

Yeah That Girl. I remember wedding crashers. They had some good times. Company Party Crashing is easier and just as fun.
 Walts
Msg: 70
Posted: 2/29/2012 5:29:41 PM
I always go to weddings without a date. Numerous reasons, though a couple are always on top of my list. If it's a free bar,,,,less people attending,more whiskey for me. And the bridesmaid. Always,the bridesmaid.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 72
Posted: 2/29/2012 6:27:51 PM
I'm with you Walts...I remember being in the wedding party up in Lake George...wow wadda good time....a date would have just gotten in the way.
 russell5417
Msg: 73
Posted: 3/1/2012 9:14:34 AM
Of course.......if not for just the food.......the drinks........women.
 zuythemanfrog
Msg: 74
Posted: 3/1/2012 10:59:44 AM
Yep- I've done it at every wedding I've been to. Granted, it sucks. But you will survive. If it's too much to bear, just go to the ceremony and duck out of the reception.
 zuythemanfrog
Msg: 75
Posted: 3/1/2012 11:06:12 AM

I wud and i have its fun to just party maybe meet sum1

Problem with that is practically everyone there who has potential is already there with a date. Like most social outings, if you go out alone you will come home alone.
 zuythemanfrog
Msg: 76
Posted: 3/1/2012 11:12:26 AM

Yes I have and will do so in the future if one comes up and I happen to be single.

@ MssCrystal- hard to believe you would be single!
 Naramie
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2012 10:20:10 PM
Why not? You're being invited to witness two people sharing a special moment. Unless you hardly know the bride and groom, you shouldn't have any issue going alone. Plus you can meet alot of people at weddings.
 femaleconnection
Msg: 80
Posted: 3/2/2012 7:33:11 AM

Problem with that is practically everyone there who has potential is already there with a date. Like most social outings, if you go out alone you will come home alone.

Ive never brought anyone home I just met that same night anyways, so I dont see this as an issue.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Would You Go To A Wedding Dateless?