Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > It's Garbage Night, Honey!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 1
It's Garbage Night, Honey!Page 1 of 1    
Saw a thread of such in the UK forums...love those peeps! :O) Since we are not allowed to post in their forums, thought I would steal it!

So...everyone has them...whether it is for sentimental reasons, comfort reasons, or other...

What are some of the things you have and hold onto, that you just KNOW you should toss out??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had a t-shirt that was so old and worn, it was see-through in places. They actually sell them like that now...but mine got that way from good ole wear and tear! LOL I kept it so long that it looked like a moth buffet! Finally tossed it recently!

I also have a formal dress...originally bought because I loved it and figured I would use it as a prototype for having a wedding dress made, should that...err...occassion ever occur. It's never been worn, it's probably outdated now, and I really need to just toss it...but when I try, I look at it and go, "Nah...it's pretttty!" LOL
 FatBottomGirlie
Msg: 2
It's Garbage Night, Honey!
Posted: 5/16/2008 8:05:46 PM
When I read this thread I just KNEW I had many things I could be posting about, but just couldn't think of a one. Tonight I found something...

All my old figure drawing sketches from college. I don't know why, but I can't seem to pitch 'em. The paper is turning yellow and it's not like any of them are decent drawings. I guess it's my equivilant of a diary - something I look back on to remind me how I got where I am today.
 ~StL
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/16/2008 8:13:11 PM
I have a very old Fender Jaguar... guitar that is... that my Dad bought me before he passed away.... I was ONLY 16 when he passed and it was a used guitar when I got it so it is very old....

.. so that guitar will be with me forever and more than likely I will pass it on to my grand kids. When I take a look at it, it reminds me of the joy I use to have playing the guitar.. something I just don't take the time to do anymore.. it is a shame but it is what it is. Things change and so do our interest.

HarleyKat~
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/17/2008 6:29:33 AM
Shell...DONT pitch your early drawings! It IS like a diary...and it is proof of how you went from that point in your studies & talent, to where you are now! Heck...I have kept art projects that my kids have done since kindergarten...will always keep those! I think I even have a few of my own...and I still have the newspaper that printed a poem when I was 8! (Of course I remember it by heart, but I was so proud if it getting printed in the Mini Page!)

Susie...of course your item is a family heirloom of sorts...would never pitch that!!
 alpinebryon
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2008 3:21:38 PM
Yea Susie don't pich that Fender Jaguar guitar.Beside being a family heirlom by time your g-kids are old enough that guitar will be worth some money Too.I was just watching the antic road show and some guy have a 1952 les paul guitar that was worth 30.000$
 ~StL
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/17/2008 5:13:33 PM
oh trust me... I have been told it is worth a few pennies right now... it has too much sentimental value to me... might not to the girls.. but is sure does to me, so it will be around as long as I am alive.

That would be sweet ... pay for "Some" of their college

oh I totally forgot about this... when I turned 16, MANY moons ago, I got a sweet 16 crosage from my family.. I still have that tucked away...prully if I sat her long enough I could think of things that need to go... I am NOT a pack rat though.

When I moved into this house 5 1/2 years ago, I did pitch a lot of stuff...but it does accumulate quickly.
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > It's Garbage Night, Honey!