Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Lots of Profiles reference honesty?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 The Danger Zone
Msg: 2
Lots of Profiles reference honesty?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
HONEST: To not mislead, not give false testament, display true and honorable intentions...
 clasact
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Lots of Profiles reference honesty?
Posted: 5/14/2008 7:00:42 PM
I don't reference "honest" in my profile.
I expect them to be honest and until someone gives me a reason or suspicion that they aren't (believe me my radar is always in tune) then I have no reason to believe that they aren't forthcoming. However, I do make sure to pay close attention and also I'm always BOLO for that "semantics" card as was aformentioned.

Yet, I do know many women who have either chatted/emailed/dated or been married to less than honest men.

If I detect dishonesty I will simply hit them over said head with the MoronBat and be done with it.
 jetty65
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/14/2008 7:01:09 PM
Let see the last guy I dated was a pathelogical liar. I looked it up on wikepedia, he fit it to a "t".

My last long term boyfriend while having sex with me was looking on online dating sites for someone that didn't have kids, he strung me along for over 4 years , untill he met her.

The one I ended up marrying told me he didn't do drugs, didn't drink. Turned out he smoked pot everyday, tried coccaine, mushrooms, lsd, didn't tell me for the full 2 years we were engaged.

Yes there are a lot of liars out there, it is one of the main reason people end up in broken relationships.

No one is 100% honest all the time, but some people just don't feel the need to be honest, or can't see what the big deal about telling the truth is. Like my pathelogical liar friend.

My definition of an honest person is someone who aspires to be honest, because we are human we do miss the mark at times.
 Jonathan85
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/14/2008 7:06:26 PM
The one I ended up marrying told me he didn't do drugs, didn't drink. Turned out he smoked pot everyday, tried coccaine, mushrooms, lsd, didn't tell me for the full 2 years we were engaged.
And people think I am crazy for thinking that "His and Her Blood Tests (for STDs and drugs)" is not a bad idea for a date.

What? Stop reading my post like that. I didn't say it was a first or early date...

-Blue

P.S.: Blood tests come after background checks and before credit checks.
 jetty65
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/14/2008 8:24:32 PM

background checks

the last guy i did a background check on got really upset and hasn't talked to me since, I didn't tell him about it but a so called friend of mine did. I did a background check because I was flying 3000 miles to meet him and he was picking me up at the airport. But no big loss this was the pathelogical liar.

Honesty is an odd thing to put in your list, might as well list everything.
"I don't want a serial rapist/murderer."
"If you are a conartist after my money, keep fishing."
"I don't want to spend time with anyone who would sell my pre-teen children to a pimp."
"Blackmarket organ sellers not welcome."

You are quite right. No one is going to admit that they are not honest.
I don't have require honesty in my profile. I hope that I find someone that is honest, and I will run the first sign of dishonesty. I didn't last time, learned my lesson. Liars do tend to trip themselves up(contradict themselves). In my profile I say that I am an honest person, that is that I desire to be an honest, and like all humans I sometimes fail to meet the mark.
Posted: 5/15/2008 3:15:18 AM
Honest means not even bending the truth. To me, if they say "separated" it means since breakfast.

I had one who lied so much it's amazing he kept things straight. Thinking back on the relationship now and then I come across more and more lies.

Don't tell me you're 5'11" when you're 5'8". It's just 3 inches, and size doesn't matter, but don't lie to me.

Don't tell me you're single then mention your significant other over coffee. "Well, you asked if I were married and I said no since I'm not" won't cut it anymore.

What I see is a lot of men saying they don't want psycho women, but I haven't heard much about this psycho women they keep encountering. Must be a male secret.
 clasact
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2008 4:53:49 AM

Don't tell me you're 5'11" when you're 5'8". It's just 3 inches, and size doesn't matter, but don't lie to me.
THIS is the biggest problem I come across. After the last date I had, I seriously came home and measured my height again. I thought I might have grown taller in the past few months........nope, I didn't.

I know men have problems with the women describing themselves in their profiles too. But the above height fudging is rampant and you see such a major discrepancy it's really annoying to say the least. IMHO.
 mthomjmark
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/15/2008 4:59:55 AM
I agree with you; I think its extremely ridiculous to put that in a profile. How many people have you talked to that said in their profile, I'm not really that honest. lol
 BaldyisBeautiful
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/15/2008 9:12:29 AM
As Jack Nicholson so aptly put it "The truth? You can't handle the truth."

90% of women's profiles on here say they want an "honest" guy. 90% of women on here can't handle being told the truth, so we as men have to use what is known as tact when dealing with certain situations such as:

Q. "Do these pants make my ass look fat."
Tactful answer "Yes honey, maybe try the black pair with that blue blouse."
The answer we are really thinking "No, your fat ass makes your ass look fat."

(I am so gonna get flamed for that)
 BaldyisBeautiful
Msg: 12
90%?
Posted: 5/15/2008 9:45:08 AM

Wow. I've had amazing luck with the few women's profiles I have seen. I don't troll their sites, so, that must be why I've seen no where near that percentage. I'd think more than 10% are the fake profiles.
90%?! With 90% you'd think there would at least be a majority in the profiles I browsed.

90% of statistics are made up on the spot!
 gentalltheway
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2008 12:57:12 PM
Honesty should always be praised whatever you liked it or not. Some people often are very frustrated because of an honest and to the point profile. Those who are quite obviously frustrated (sexually, life, looks, size or whatever else they have a problem with) will need to email such a person to let him or her know what they think of them. To those people I can only recommend that they find
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Lots of Profiles reference honesty?