Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > sex with disabled people?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Rythmn
Msg: 12
view profile
History
sex with disabled people?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
get the movie "my left foot". many disabled people have relationships and others "just sex". physical and occupational therapists are available to help if it's a structural issue. in certain states they have "surrogates" to assist, although not sure why that's different than prostitution. maybe a bit more trained in psych.

if all you want is sex, you will be limited just like everyone else. if you want a relationship, it will take just as much work as everyone else to find it. if it's not one thing, it's another. you need to find your niche based upon your ideas, who you are, how you spend your time, etc. don't look for pity and you won't find it. people who prey on disabled people and/or control freaks usually seek pitypots. i'd say, in general, men have less problems with disabilties in attracting women--unless the women are proven independent. women have more issues with predators. but that is a generalization only.

ps your profile suggests a first date "at home". it may make you feel better, but i'd suggest acting like everyone else and meeting outside the home. this gets into transportation, but if you can go to school, you can figure out a first meet and a follow-up date. this shows that your disability doesn't hold you back.

ps david's granny did a great job in san jose. there is quite an activist community there for all things, including transportation. start joining (if necessary, starting) political groups and when you find her, you'll figure it out together! gaming is ok, but you need a balance with a social life.

ps i have lymes, so i'm not just "talking".
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 13
view profile
History
sex with disabled people?
Posted: 5/17/2008 2:09:48 PM
w.g. that's really sad about your friend....i think i would have kicked their a$$ once i found out what they were doing to him.

other than that, no...i never had sex with anyone with a disability like that. hell, i haven't had sex in a while i'm beginning to forget what it is?

sorry schmoo...let me rephrase that.....i never had sex with anyone with a disability what so ever.

oh and btw, i have a disability, it's my shoulder as if some of you don't already know.
 Rythmn
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2008 5:59:52 PM
they assume wheelchair because they bothered to read OP's profile.
 Rythmn
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2008 7:02:43 PM
people use wheelchairs for all sorts of reasons. if you take the most serious impact upon mobility, you can work your way up. i googled "spinal injury and sex". there was a list of many things to read. what caught my eye was the govt. website: http://www.ed.gov/pubs/AmericanRehab/spring97/sp9707.html

since this is not a commerical site, i believe it is acceptable to post. this article covers male and female sexuality, psychogenic versus physical arousal, fertility, technique and the different affects upon the person with the injury depending upon the extent and location of damage.

with every disability as mentioned before, there are experts in physical and occupational therapy who can help with positioning and sexual therapists who know the different assists to help out. when "superman" became totally immobile, an article was written by his wife after his death. in her instance, she had to do most of the "work". she loved him and no doubt is certainly glad she stuck with him. if you are mostly or partially mobile, you have way less worry.

go for it! as to male virginity, many young males are just making up their stories and/or certainly exaggerating. don't worry about it. but when you do go forth, remember to use safe sex!

that is from the mom point of view. people need to be way more open about these things and educate people who are not disabled, so they won't be so fearful because they just don't know what to do and are embarrassed to ask. so, bravo to the young woman above!!! you are an angel.

and you OP, are a hero!!! so many probably have wanted to ask the same question.
 guyot
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2008 1:17:46 PM
I have had relationships with women in wheelchairs and women with significant disabilities ot physical differences. While there may be a few logistical considerations, working out mechanics is just another interesting dimension of intimacy. It can even make you closer together.

My experience is that people with physical differences or disabilities are sensual and sexy to be with just like anyone else for whom you feel love and passion.

It's true: Meeting people with disabilities can be hard, as in public places they are often with other people, which makes it even harder to initiate a contact. (Readers are always welcome to contact me!)

I wish you the best of luck, megahertz.

-Gray
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > sex with disabled people?