Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Paranormal experiences - share them here.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Paranormal experiences - share them here.Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Well, I did this on another site ( the one I moderate on) and it lead to some very interesting stories being shared. Let's hope the same applies here.

Here are a few of mine, all of them happened when I was a small child. I believe that somehow children are more open to such things, until our experiences with adults start to cause us to block them.

I haven't any proof of this, but most of the stories on the other site were from childhood too.

I am not someone who remembers his dreams, the number of times this has happened I can count on one hand - and I am 48 years old.

I was five years old, and I told my Mother about I dream I had had the night before. She went white, and she kept mentioning it until the day she died. She told me I had totally shocked her with my calm detailed description of it.

I told her that I had been standing on Dufferin Terrace in Quebec City. ( My hometown, btw)
I said that I was standing in this really large crowd of people, and I was very small. I could remember holding someones hand, and looking up at the sky. I could see ( and still can, the memory is that vivid) the outlines of hats on the heads of the adults framing my view of the sky , as I looked up through the crowd from my child's height perspective.

I told her that I figured it was late afternoon, by what I saw.

Up there, not very far above, was something that filled me with wonder and amazement. It was a little like seeing a UFO, in the type of feeling it brought to me.

I described an airship, ( in 1962 this was not a common thing for a child to know of. Remember, there was no history channel or real TV at that time to talk about such things. Canada also had no "Goodyear blimp" visits either. )

I told her about seeing the shape, of hearing the engines "humming" , and of it's reflecting the sun.

Here is the fascinating thing.

It had actually happened, exactly as I described it. In late July 1930, the British airship R-100 had made a trans-Atlantic flight to Canada. It had passed over Quebec City, about 40,000 people had turned out to see it.

Both my parents were there, as young adults.

The scene I was described was perfect in every detail. Neither of them had ever mentioned it to the family, and there had never been any media mention of it during my lifetime.

I have some additional stories, and some interesting connections to later events in my life. If this thread takes off, I will share those too.

Anyone else got any ?
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Paranormal experiences - share them here.
Posted: 6/3/2005 10:37:31 PM
On the other hand, she might have been VC .....
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2005 3:29:45 PM
Well, here is another one of mine.

I was about 9, and playing on the floor on the living room with my family present. I started humming " The Funeral March" without even noticing it. My mother took note, but brushed it off.

That night, my grandmother died unexpectedly.

About two weeks later, I was playing again - and started humming it again. THIS time, my mother noticed it, and asked me why I was humming it. I replied " Humming what ? "

The next day my father died at age 56 - unexpectedly. ( He was divorced, and living apart from us)

Needless to say, I never hummed it again. I have no idea what was channeled through me there, as I was not even aware I was doing it.

Strange to say the least.....
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2005 9:55:40 PM
Wow, some great stories.

Well, my Mom died as well as my beloved Lab retreiver I had for 17 years. On both occasions I had no forewarning, and no visitations afterwards. As I said before, I believe it probably is taken from us by the rules of society. That may be why "primitive" cultures seem to have an easier time experiencing them.

Some more weirdness from my life :

Going back to the idea that some part of me was around to see the R-100 go over Quebec City, there are some interesting bits of support for it.

If that idea is in fact true, I had some possible explanations.

1) Some sort of DNA carried memory - since my parents ( as most of the city ) were both there independently.

2) Some sort of geographic memory. I read somewhere that some paranormal researchers have suggested that some objects ( rocks, buildings) may actually serve as some sort of recorder of events. Under certain conditions, these things are then played back. It sounds a bit strange, but it is a theory.

3) I actually was there, and reincarnated back. Why it would be the same city, I have no clue.

Later events in my life seem to make 3 the most probable possibility. I am not an outright believer in reincarnation, but it this event seems to ( at least for me) make some suggestion of it being possible.

Here is the supporting evidence, and it is intresting, but in no way conclusive.

If that was indeed me, in 1930, or some part of me - then the problem becomes what happened. I was ( in that dream) about 5 years old - plus or minus a couple of years.

Let's say that makes a probable birthdate of 1925 perhaps a year or two earlier. . I was born ( at least this time around:laugh: ) in 1957. The most probable cause of death, apart from accident in that time period, would probably have been WW2.

Here are the weird things:

As a child, even a young one, I had a tendency to salute when saying goodbye. It was something my parents had to stop me from doing. My father used to call me " his little soldier "

Playing with toy soldiers was always one of my greatest pleasures. I didn't play in normal ways though. I played more like a tactician. Tanks always had infantry to defend them, supply lines were set up, wounded were evacuated, and my side didn't always win.

The "dead" were placed to the side , in neat rows.

Even today, if I don't think about it, if standing somewhere - I do a type of parade rest. My hands go behind my back, and I stand there straight.

I have always been fascinated by the military, and particularly WW2.

I have always had an interest in Holland, even as a child. Holland was not really a major topic in the early Sixties, yet I was always reading about it.

I used to get very strong feelings, even tears, with the old Canadian flag when we used to show it at school ceremonies. I love the new flag, and am very proud of it. The old ensign was somehow different.

I took German classes in college, and even my teacher noticed that my mistakes were always phonetic ones. I would write something properly gramatically in german, but write it as if I were pronouncing it.

The interesting thing was when I met my internet adopted sister from Holland.

We instantly knew one another, and quickly grew to the point that even looking at each others faces on our webcams gave us exactly what was on each others minds.

She had always had a real fixation, even as a child , on one symbol. One that is very rare, and very uncommon there. You almost never see it. She would draw it, even as a small kid.

It's the fleur de lys.

I did some checking, and found out some things together with her.

There was a Canadian camp outside of her town. The soldiers there were from the Regiment de la Chaudiere. They were based in Quebec City before deployment, and had a fleur de lys on their regimental crest, and on their uniforms. They left Quebec in 1941 for Europe. This would have meant ( if my guess at birthdate is correct) that I would have been old enough for service.)

I started doing some research, and had some strange things happen. The first was when I actually heard Dutch spoken, on Dutch Internet radio. It sounded so familiar, and pleasant to my ear.

I did some research on Canadian military war graves there, and found a picture of Holton cemetery. The local inhabitants there go and light candles on each of the Canadian graves every year, on Christmas Eve. The picture was of that, and I clicked on it late one night.

I started tearing up the second I saw it, and had just one thought. " It was worth it."

So, just mere coincidences ? Some strange voyage that strains belief ? It leaves more questions than answers. It sounds crazy even to me, so I accept if you are sitting there puzzled at this story.

It's one of the reasons I want to visit Holland, and to see if that triggers anything more.

I hope more contribute, I find these types of things fascinating.
 River3366
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2005 10:59:30 PM
I don't believe this is paranormal. but I have this things with birds mostly crows or ravens. They will fly wherever I am at the time and land and walk around and I get this hair up my neck and then I begin to see devastation. I saw 9-11 the day before it happened. I saw the Tsunami I can't describe the horror I felt when I felt water swarming around me pulling me and covering my body. I have to close my mind to it soon after I see it because it is overwhelming feeling death.
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2005 11:10:34 PM
My "sis" has an interesting story about crows.

Her father was dying of cancer, and it took a long time for him to go. Outside of his hospital room were trees filled with crows.

There were there all the time, and they enjoyed watching them together.

When she got the call that he was in his last hours, her husband and her rushed to the hospital in the car. As the got close to the hospital, the sky was FILLED with crows. So much so, that her husband pulled the car over. They knew he was gone.

A year later, her mother went to a concert that she and her husband had always gone to.It was like a special event for them every year. It was in an auditorium that has a glass roof.

As she walked in, she looked up.

The roof was covered with crows.....
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2005 11:31:42 PM
That is what I think too, I think society just trains us to think that those types of things are impossible.

It;s like that other combat thing I have heard about, guys that just know that something is about to happen - even though there is no valid reason to think that.
 dodds85
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/30/2011 5:52:16 PM
yeah i got one it happened a few days after cristmas last year it started when i was living with a friend i was in the kitken making tea while helping my frinds little sister make eggs. i turn around for a sec to check something i turn back and the spoon that was in the cup was on the counter. i didnt any thing about it till it happened again i asked the sister if she messed with it she said no. i put it back in the cup and we both turned around and counted to 6 turned around and the spoon was on the counter again . a few weeks went by with a occasional feeling of someone in the room when no one was there . one night i woke from a dead sleep for no apparrent reason and there was a figure standing next to the couch at firt i thought it was my roomate screwing with me ( we were in a prank war ). i put my glasses on and i saw in the faint light coming from window it wasn't him . i couldn't tell who it was but i could a few facial featurs i could make out he was wearing a tri color deseart acu uniform as well as the rank patch . the whole time time i could smell burnt gunpowder .i looked at him and asked him if had messed with my tea and he nodded yes i fell bac aleep again. a few days later i was looking at a list of of people awarded the medal of honor and my jaw when i saw the picture of the person by the couch listed as killed in action in afganistan in 2008 i recently learned tha same soldier was my cousin who served with the 3rd special forces.
 SunnyBlueSkies23
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/31/2011 3:24:35 AM
Well,I've heard it said, that crows and ravins are your friends and relatives on the other side just cheaking up on you..............don't know if that's true or not,but I find it comforting I have a couple stories to share: We had a BEAUTIFUL black,white and tan Collie we named Sheeba. She was MY canine Best friend......we were ALWAYS together.She got old and developed arthritis, ( which made sitting painful for her) but whenever I needed to cry,she'd sit herself down beside me and let me cry on her shoulder.Fast forward 25 years later.......Sheeba STILL is here for me.I no longer live at home,but when my beloved Mom died 2 1/2 years ago,I can't describe HOW I know this,but I could (and at times,still can) feel Sheeba here,still supporting me. Did I mention? Sheeba passed about 25 years ago. Like I mentioned,I lost my WONDERFUL Mom 2 1/2 years ago to emphasima.We were (I like to think,STILL ARE!!) very close.Though I carry her with me in my heart always,I find I 'm constantly on the lookout for signs she's still here..........I find them,too!! I've taken lots of photos of hearts in clouds,I see butterflies when I least expect to,and I find beautiful flowers all the time. My friend Dottie (Who I believe is at least a little psychic) told me anytime I see any of the above mentioned things,that's a sure sign my Mom is here,sending me tons of love. I love you too,Mom!
 SylvanSwan
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/31/2011 4:43:58 AM
Montreal Guy, "Paranormal" actually relates to ghosts, extraterrestrial life and unidentified flying objects, and cryptozoology.

What you are experiencing is related to "Parapsychology" which Wiki explains is: psychic abilities, near-death experiences, out-of-body experience, crisis apparitions, retro-cognitions, reincarnation memories, regression memories, prophecy, ghosts and life after death.

Definately sounds to me that you are experiencing regression memories and/or reincarnation memories. I think it is all fascinating though and should always be explored further.

Edgar Cayce was a pioneer in this subject, maybe you already know about him. And maybe consider getting a qualified hypnotherapist to see if you can discover further information?
 Molly Maude
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2011 1:24:04 PM
my 1st husband, our 2 small sons and I moved into the home of John and Thelma Watson after John died and Thelma had gone to live with her sister ... Thelma had left some of John's things in the garage attic and asked us not to touch them.

my hubby couldn't resist, snooped through John's boxes in the attic, built and flew John's wooden motorized plane, crashed it and threw the plane away ... I TOLD my hubby that he HAD to replace Mr. Watson's airplane ... but hubby laughed, said the old man was dead and didn't need his airplane.

hubby was on the road a lot while I stayed home with the kids ... Monday at 3:00 p.m. after hubby had taken off for where ever he was working that week or that month, the latched French doors in the dining room flew open, a breeze circled the rooms of the house, apparently searching ... the toilet flushed and the breeze went back out ...

this happened day after day, month after month ... I was convinced it was Mr. Watson, looking for his air plane ... it got so bad that my neighbors wouldn't come to coffee in the afternoons because they'd all experienced Mr. Watson, opening the French doors, circling around the house, flushing the toilet and leaving ... everyone in the neighborhood was spooked by Mr. Watson ...

I was annoyed because I hadn't TOUCHED Mr. Watson's plane ... and yet I was the one whose friends wouldn't come over ... after yet another failed coffee klatch ... I got a hammer and 3" long nails and NAILED the French doors CLOSED ...

come 3:00 p.m., the doors rattled and rattled ... there was a circular dust devil in the back yard and the doors rattled and rattled ... he finally left ... I smiled, thinking I'd stopped him ... (silly me!) ...

at 3:00 A.M. the next morning ... kids and I were sound asleep in our bedrooms ... the French doors SLAMMED OPEN, banging against the walls ... nails flying ... a horrific wind came thru the house, knocking over my wooden dining room chairs, blowing objects off the coffee table, t.v., mantle, breaking them on the hardwood floors ... swirling around forcefully ...

I ran into the living room, my night gown swirling around me ... my hair blowing ... I'd left the hammer on the dining room table and I watched as it flew across the room toward where I was standing and slammed into the sofa ... the children stood in the hallway, sobbing ... I could barely hear my voice for the sound of the wind whistling thru the house as I screamed, "ALRIGHT ... I'M SORRY ... I'M SORRY ... I'm sorry ... I won't do that again! I'm sorry ... ok? I won't do it again!"

the wind calmed down ... the toilet flushed ... Mr. Watson left ... I closed and latched the French doors but did NOT nail them shut ... put the boys back to bed ... cleaned up the mess he'd made ... put the chairs back on their feet ... found and tossed the nails ... cleaned up broken glass ...

Mr. Watson continued his 3:00 p.m. toilet runs after that ... I gave up on having my friends over ... now they were afraid to even come in the mornings ...

a few months later, I got a dog and, turned out, Mr. Watson didn't like dogs so he stopped coming by ... quite often, though, about 3:00 p.m. ... the dog would begin to growl, the hair on her neck standing up and she'd stand, snarling and barking at the French doors in the dining room ...
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2011 4:01:53 PM
Excellent story telling Molly..
I've a similar tale. This was the third house in a row that I rented in Wildwood, GA, where people had died under bad circumstances. The first two were not real bad with odd events though there were odd moments. The third house, however, was quite active with the spirits of the Willards.

Mr. and Mrs. Willard had built the house, a 3 story gambrel roof design, nestled into the woods on a hill top. They raised children there and as they became elderly, Mrs. Willard became wheelchair bound. One morning as Mr. Willard was serving breakfast to his wife, he collapsed with a heart attack, knocking her out of her chair on the way down, landing on her, and she asphyxiated under his weight there on the kitchen floor. Suffice to say, it was an unexpected departure for both.

The eldest son and his wife tried to move back to the house after a period but only lasted 6 months before they decided to sell it to a neighbor for a rental property. I knew the first renters, and put my name in line for living there when they were done with the place. ($200/month on 500 acres...mid 80s.) The Springers, the first renters, often complained about things being moved, loud noises in the night and particularly at dawn, doors opened that had been closed, etc. It got so irritating at one point that Kathy did an amateur exorcism to "get out". The****rs lasted for 8 months before they had to find another place.

Being a skeptic at the time, I wasn't skeered, as they say around here. I jumped on the place when it was my time. There were noises, things moved, one incident with St. Elmos fire coming in one window and out the other, cats who acted nervous at times, but all in all, we all got along.

Then we got a husky pup who apparently was more sensitive to such things than we were. Though he would sing, I had never heard him bark till one night. My mate was in the kitchen as the dog and I came in with the last load of firewood in the mudroom. The upstairs stairwell was between us and the kitchen and as the Husky, Timbre, wagging his tail, wandered to the smell of food, he stopped short at the stairwell, turned up at it barking furiously, his hackles raised high, bouncing and shaking. As my mate came from the kitchen we met at the lit stairwell and looking up, we saw nothing, but we both got chilled to the bone, hairs on end, and could not get Timbre to stop barking for 20 minutes. Whatever he "saw" was as real to him as anything he had ever seen.

He tended to shy away from the upstairs after that, though he had slept up there for a few months. We maintained our communal living arrangement with the Willards, though they seemed more subdued with the noises and moving stuff after the dog went nuts.
 vnufall
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/31/2011 10:59:58 PM
i'm a nurse and had a few experiences in the hospital. one day a patient was pushed by cart into a room, i saw her in the hallway. she looked ok outwardly but inside i knew she would never make it out of there, this feeling of doom came over me. i went to her doc and asked him how she was doing. he said..."ohhh she's better, making plans for discharge soon" . ok i come in a few days later, i'm assigned to take care of her, discharge is written for the next day. i go into the room, she's gone, started a code...she never came back. it just was weird because i never had such a feeling about someone i immediately looked at without any info about them. i always trust my gut insticts now.
 trinity818
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/1/2011 4:03:55 PM
The year was 2002. I was visiting my sister in Indiana. Her daughters slept in one bedroom upstairs and I slept in the other. My sister & her husband slept in their downstairs bedroom.

I was sitting at the breakfast table one morning when my sister handed me a bus token that she found on the upstairs hallway floor. It was engraved Bryan, Ohio. She was absolutely certain that I had placed it there because nobody in the family had ever seen it before. Nor had I.

My mother who was deceased, was born and raised in Bryan, Ohio. She had never been to that house. That day was her birthday. I don't believe in spirits, per se...but that was a weird one.
 applecorps
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/5/2011 1:12:42 PM
an old friend from high school lived in a old 18th century house that was haunted.i never saw any of the ghost(s) personally.there was a young woman,probably a school teacher ~the house had been the local school back then.there was also a young mischievous boy~that's what my buddy's parents told me.
the one time i seriously felt something odd was when we went up to the 3rd floor.it was set up as an in-law suite with a small attic/storage area.when i got to the top of the steps,i felt as though i was being watched. we had gone up there to watch tv.the family had no cable tv(very rural) and the reception was very good up on the top floor.it seemed as though someone was sitting in the corner,by the storage door.very unsettling.i wasn't scared~just on edge a bit.i have a sixth sense about being watched.i think it was a young girl??
 RobertinStages
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/10/2011 5:55:20 PM
Hiya folks! We were sharing experiences in another thread AND glad you created this one. I'm going to cut and paste a few of my posts from there. Love the stories!

I lived in a "haunted" house in college for about two months. It was the real deal all the way around. Anyone that went into the house night or day experienced something and had no doubt it was haunted. At the time, I was very scared and even went to see a priest about what I could do about getting rid of it. What is FUN NOW is that there are so many people I exhange stories with. I can see how someone who hasn't experienced anything would be skeptical. I would be. BUT honestly, if someone would think I was nuts because of my "experiences" I could care less... Someone should think I was nuts if I denied what happened.
 RobertinStages
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/10/2011 5:56:16 PM
I really think this should be on "My Ghost Story". I was first introduced to the "poltergeist" as the priest called it when I first moved in. The house came with HBO which was a brand new thing back in 1980 or so. Halloween the movie was going to be on and I couldn't wait! Never saw it in the theater. My roomate worked the graveyard shift at the post office and I was all alone ready for a good scare. I little bit into the movie the back screen door slammed. I actually laughed cause I thought someone came in the kitchen.. but I couldn't imagine who. I go back to the door and no one was there. This happened two more times and I started to get pissed. So I got a baseball bat and waited 2 seconds around the corner from the door. It happened again and I jumped out with the bat and there was no one there! I almost crapped my pants cause there was no way they could have run away. The hair on the back of my neck stood up and I was afraid whoever it was .. was now behind me! I shook off the feeling, turned off the TV and just scratched my head... That was only the beginning.
 southmeetswest
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2011 8:15:26 PM
not sure if my experience is considered paranormal but i guess so

my mother passed on in 1999 and my father in 2002.

i was at work one day in 2003 or 2004 and received an envelope in my in box. this was a building of 350 employees. it was addressed to a person with the same first name as me but a different last name. i have an unusual first name. the envelope was addressed to that person in another state but somehow ended up on my desk. i was confused, but curious. of course i opened it and it was a stack of warranties for outside grills. that made no sense to me. but i kept looking for something that could have connected the envelope and mailing to me. of the 12 or so sheets of paper i found one person who had purchased a grill and filled out the warranty papers with my mothers maiden name.
my mothers maiden name is also very unusual. my first name is my maternal grandmothers first name. so the link is 3 generations.
so, all i have been able to figure is that my mother was trying to let me know that she was around in spirit, or was thinking of me, or just sending me a psychic message of continued connection.
 chromelove08
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2011 9:03:51 PM
I see things like white shadows by the living room window. It's a whole window that covers a wall and has blinds over it. I even saw it last night while i was on the computer. First time i seen a ghost, it was a girl on the side of the road as i was coming up a hill. She looked gothic and had short brown hair. I was dating this guy 3 years ago and he worked at the police station. I told him about it one night and he told me that she had been hit by a car while riding her bike one night on that road in that spot. The reason he knew this was because he was working that night when it happened. Turned out she was always getting brought into the police station for walking down that road in the middle of the night. He told me that she was gothic with short brown hair. Weird stuff. Then over a week ago, i was riding down the road with my bf and i seen a guy walking down the street, his back to me. I described what he looked like to my bf and he told his brother in law about it. We searched because I had a feeling this ghost had been a truck driver. Sure enough his bro in law found the news article and showed it to me. Sure enough, it was him.
 RobertinStages
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/11/2011 3:53:51 AM
Hi southmeetswest! Chromelove and I were discussing paranormal experiences in another thread and glad we found this to share our experiences. I studied statistics in college. I can't even imagine the odds of you finding that warranty paper with your mothers name on it. I wonder why your mom choose that way to communicate to you? Some people like me do not want to see or hear spirits. So the way your mother reached out to you would suit me just fine. Did you feel she was sending any other message to you? It was your workplace. Job related?
 chromelove08
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2011 6:23:22 AM
Yea that is pretty awesome. My favorite aunt died over 2 years ago and i think she comes to me in dreams. I can feel her love and also when i go to my grandmas house, i can feel her with me. I can't really hear spirits but i can feel them and its like they send me messages about themselves. I forgot about this one....me and my bf were at his best friends house. As we were leaving i felt something and looked towards the laundry room and just stood there staring. When we left, going down the road my bf says his house is haunted and i said i bet i can tell you where its at too. I told him and he said yeah that was the room where the spirit likes to show itself to the family.
 southmeetswest
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2011 6:29:21 AM
hi RiS

it does seem highly unlikely

i don't think it was work related at all. i think it was personal. my instinct is that the meaning can be logically traced as it impacts the receiver.

i felt she was telling me something related to my father being with her now and all was well.

i worried and fretted over some things that took place in the last couple of years of her life and some regrets or wishes in hindsight about those events.

my father was the most important person to her. she passed on their 50th wedding anniversay. i knew that making it to that day was important to her. when he passed over she probably felt so much joy to be back in the realm with him.

so, my mother was a no nonsense, black and white kinda woman. so, it doesn't surprise she would send me something in writing that was concrete and somewhat indisputable.

kaylee
 RobertinStages
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/12/2011 4:32:21 AM
Really good stories wAngelw4n! They say on a TV progam I watch that 75% of Americans believe in the paranormal and 50% of them have had experiences. Or something like that. That's a lot of people. The family stories like yours are those most touching. Sometimes they are very subtle and may not be paranormal. Like the one I had. My ex's uncle had passed and her family is scattered all over the US. Also, his children weren't going to have a memorial. I don't why no memorial but they all decided to release balloons at the same time wherever they were at. At my house we said a prayer and were kinda sad that he never got to visit us. My ex and I each had a balloon and released them. The balloons went up about 15 feet and just stayed there. Then came back down to the ground, together, and then flew together over the house. Stayed there for a moment, came back to where we were, and hovered over a tree. Stayed there for a moment and then flew wayyyyyy up until we could barely see them. The sun was shining so we could see the reflection of them high up like stars. What made it odd was that the balloons stayed together the whole time. It's possible I guess with the right wind current.. but I think they would of had to have the same helium in them. I've never seen balloons do that.
 ripley65
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2011 8:37:59 AM
This didn't happen to me, it happened to my grandmother back in 1999. Her mother, my great-grandmother, was 102 yrs old and still living in her own house, getting around but at that point her old body was finally catching up with her. Well one morning, my grandma went over there to check on her and my g-grandma was still in bed. She said, " Mom, it's time to get up", and my g-grandmother opened her eyes, looked at my grandma and said, " George (my g-grandfather who died in 1971), I've never loved anyone else but you all these years. I miss you so much". My grandma said to her, " Alice I love you too and I miss you. I am waiting for you now to come be with me"....then my grandma said my g-grandma just smiled from ear to ear and she died.

That story gives me the goosebumps every time (but good goosebumps) :)
 RobertinStages
Msg: 26
Posted: 11/14/2011 2:12:31 PM
THESE STORIES ARE TOO COOL!

Gives me goose bumps too ripley! My grandmas great grandson, as a small child, and my cousin kept seeing my grandpa in his hospital gown in the house weeks after he passed. My grandma said she knew he was in bed with her because he liked to kick his leg. She ended up telling him that he had to go. Kinda scolded him and he went.

Munkeechi.. I'm thinking you have the "gift" much like chromelove. I watch a lot of these "stories" on TV and you seem to be more receptive to "signs" than most of us. I dont' want to see things and I make it known ALWAYS by prayer. However, I don't mind dreams. Every now and then I have dreams of my best buddy who was killed in motorcycle accident in 1980. He shows me what he is doing. Once he showed me a school. He said he is still learning things. I went in and he kinda showed me around and when I felt really comfortable and wanted to stay he told I couldn't. It's always great to see him.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Paranormal experiences - share them here.