Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Nobody ever wants to write back? =(      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MrJWK
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Nobody ever wants to write back? =(Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Umm, I dunno if it's just me, or if it's really common, or what, but it's kinda getting to me. I'll write a message to a few girls whose profiles seem to indicate that our personalities would be compatible, only to see that they all read my message and deleted it without writing back. Now, if they don't write back, I dunno if they're trying to play hard-to-get, or what, but I usually feel like it's just a big "F-off" and don't write them again, and start working my way through profiles, looking for other people and sending them thoughtful, relevant messages, usually with the same results. By the time I've exhausted the entire list of girls in my area that I might get along with, I've got like 1 person who might write to me a couple of times, and that's it... =(

Am I the only one this is happening to? What should I do about it? Just give up on the whole concept of meeting somene online altogether? Or does anyone have any kind of tips on what to write that would encourage them to write back, rather than flat-out deleting my message?
 MrJWK
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Re: Nobody ever wants to write back? =(
Posted: 6/1/2004 4:38:59 PM
Hmm, well, I posted a profile on another site, and someone actually took the initiative to contact me, first. Yay! Interestingly enough, you apparently know her, hehe.

And wow, someone here wrote back to me, now. They said the system went wonky, which stopped them from getting to it earlier, heh.

So, yay, finally having some degree of success. Hopefully this means I'll be able to make a couple of new friends, and maybe see if anything else might develop with one of them.
 JustMe1819
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2004 10:11:53 PM
LET ME TELL YOU GUYS, MOST OF THE TIME ITS NOT A BRUSH OFF OR ANYTHING MEANIN TO BE MEAN OR HATEFUL. ME BEING A GIRL ON HERE, I GET LIKE 50 EMAILS A DAY, AND I GET TIRED OF IT AND JUST GO THROUGH AND DELETE THEM. I DONT DO IT TO BE MEAN BUT IT GET OVERWHELMIN ON HERE SOMETIMES. BUT DONT TAKE IT PERSONAL. WE DONT MEAN IT THAT WAY. IT DOESNT SEEM LIKE SUCH A BIG DEAL, NOT UNTIL NOW. BUT I WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THIS.
 MasterBart
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2004 9:06:08 PM
Indeed, it seems JWK is gone, it happens, but I'm sure some other (new?) guy will come along w/ the same question; I know I had it for a while.

answer: don't worry about it. Chicks w/ really hot photos in their profile are doomed to get tons of mail. Post on the forums, and when you start to volly comments to someone back and forth, THEN send a letter....she may be curious to read yours if you're a familiar name. Try sending hellos to the more average people, and don't ask someone out right off the bat. I've got maybe 3 people I've had multiple responses from, after a week or so of mad writing...but like I say, nirvana baby, want nothing and you can't be dissapointed with a little something. Peace.
 GoatSmell
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/29/2004 9:14:27 PM
Well, I know exactly why some people choose to not write me back. A lot of people don't have a sense of humour....nice bodies, but no sense of har-de-har-har.
 Danien
Msg: 7
Nobody ever wants to write back? =(
Posted: 11/10/2004 2:43:52 PM
whats distance have to do with anything . Even someone far off should get a chance. A friend of mine has been talkin with this guy in england for like... a few years and shes plannin on headin there for a few week in2005 to see him and see if hes actually who he portrays.
 sayonara7
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/8/2006 6:46:55 AM
Yes, give up and join the forums. I love these forums, I don't need men.
 Funme40
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/3/2006 8:08:39 PM
Most men go trough the same thing on here. Don't take it personnal.
 onlyoneworthy
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/11/2006 8:53:09 AM
I wouldn't say nobody.... but I'm really feeling this thread. I got this one girl, and I wrote her a couple of times, and she wrote back. She didn't brush me off or say she wasn't interested or not to write her again. She simply wrote back. I write her now, and she doesn't say a word, not even a don't write me anymore because you're irritating me kind of response. Nothing.

I don't get it. If she wants the attention, you'd think she'd encourage it. If she didn't want it, you'd think she'd discourage it. She's already written me once, so where's the harm in writing me again even if it's negative?

Another girl, she just won't reply at all. Not one letter just to say "I'm flattered by your attention but I'm not interested in your friendship". I mean, how hard is that?

If a girl doesn't want our attention, they should have the decency to say so, or at a very minimum, at least block us so we don't continue to waste our time. Men are persistent and will continue to try until we know if we've succeeded or failed. Some of us aren't quitters unless you tell us "hey, quit" somehow; and there's more than one way to do that which require no effort at all.

Oh, yeah... and neither of these two girls has deleted my messages. I would even take that as a sign.

Definitely not "nobody", almost everyone writes me back either pro or con. It's just these two that don't.
 D_olnae
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2006 12:02:31 AM
Welcome to the game, fellas. Welcome to the game...
 EC22
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/9/2007 12:21:45 PM
Plenty of reasons. Many men here don't get many responses to their emails.

1. They get a lot of email.
2. Poorly written emails and profile.
3. Not seriously looking for a date. Just an ego boost.
4. Some women are too picky or have unreasonable expectations.
 ~Juggernaut~
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/10/2007 2:48:28 AM
There are a lot of reasons for this ? first off you are competing with a lot of guys since you're in Toronto and it's really mostly about looks. These women ..the approachable sexy ones ( and yes I know there isn't alot of them on here ) get so busy with the thousand guys competing that you will become just another letter to sort through.
You need to be really creative when you are competing . Make yourself stand out ,

I thought it was funny one time I mailed this girl just to see if she was real ,( Just gorgeaus) , too nice to be in need of a date or had to be psycho or something. So I tried just the hi how are ya type thing , (Nothing it was unread/deleted )
Then I thought okay I'll ask her something about her profile ( read/deleted )
a few more times trying humor I was shot down again ( read/deleted )
Then I thought okay another approach.... I wrote in the mail header "$500"
and in the body of it I wrote wanna go out and have some fun ?
she wrote back with her MSN and asked me to add her :p
I thought to myself ...........Yup ......Just as I thought !

Which brings me to my point If it's too good to be true it is,
If you shoot too high looks wise in here you're fooling yourself ( Be realistic )
and if they appear like normal decent looking and yet still don't mail you back they simply have their reasons .

If you need to know why they don't want to talk to you all you have to do is persist. If they block you then you have a definitive "NO"
 Nihil83
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/4/2013 10:40:37 PM
I send myself messages about how cool and sexy I am
 NCnavetG8r
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2013 2:25:35 PM
LOL, now there's an idea!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Nobody ever wants to write back? =(