What Constitutes A Valid Thread
A valid thread consists of you posting a topic, a question, or an opinion on a singular subject that applies to the forum you are posting to, and to which, the subject of your thread must have the potential to be discussed, or debated in a back and forth dialogue between you and the other members. If you are simply asking for opinions, It would be helpful to start the discussion by you also posting your own opinion.
What Constitutes a non Valid Thread
The Following Are Examples of Threads that will be Deleted by either a Forum Moderator, Staff, or Voted(deleted) off By the User Community - no warnings are given as the rules are here to be read.
- Attention Seeking for whatever it may be (e.g looking for a date/hook up) - Your profile and your own searching via the dating site are how you should look or be found. Other than in the Profile Review forum, posting about what's wrong with you/your profile, your inability to find women, is not permitted as the forums would then simply turn to one big "look at me, I'm looking for a date" forum. For the most part, being on POF or the POF Forums implies that your are seeking a relationship, this is why the dating side exists.
- Thread Redundancy - look first, search - no need for 50 threads on the same topic littering the same page of topics - have your say in an existing thread.
- Warning, Libel, Name and Shame of any form will be deleted immediately and your Forum privileges removed. It is important to understand that POF is not an adjudication board for any alleged civil or criminal matters that occur beyond the confines of this website. You put yourself, and the site at legal risk by posting any unfounded allegations, consequently such postings will be removed, and potentially yourself as well. This is no different than any public libel/slander/defamation of character statements where there is no legal foundation. This is not to say that the site does not believe your claims, but more so to protect all parties from malicious untruths, for you yourself could be the target of unfounded allegations.
Contact your local authorities for such matters. If you need to report anyone, the only acceptable avenue is here: How To Report Someone.
- Conspiracy Threads of any sort
- Inane Generalizations/ Gender Bashing / Racial Pity Threads / Experiment w/Second Profiles - Threads Without Merit will be deleted on sight as they serve no purpose other than to inflame and cause forum disruption. Since the premise of posting threads, is to encourage meaningful and civil discussion, any thread that is simply put out there without merit, to cause such disturbances, will be removed. (Examples of high risk for deletion threads: Gun Control, Abortion, Interracial Relationships, Racist Agenda Threads etc.) - We do try to save all threads, but if they are a constant source of forum disruption, they will be removed)
- Lobbying and Disruption The forums are no place to lobby via disruption , cross posting to other threads, uncivil behaviour, or to continually bill board the same postings over and over in any thread. There is no room for inciting the general user base to disrupt proper discussion for any reason. If you have issues with site administration - email email@example.com.
- Any Forum Drama or Nonsense between you and any poster will be removed, along with your posting rights - it won't be tolerated, period.
- Blogging about your daily activities is NOT a valid thread discussion, go to Facebook or start your own blog on a blogging site.
- Rants about your inability to make online dating work for you, are tiresome and have no merit.
- Word Games, Discussions Of Other Posters, Public Service Announcements, Chain Letters, Surveys, Polls, Lists, Services, Products etc. (eg. Favourite this or that) lack the element of having a back and forth exchange of ideas and discussion between you and the audience, and will consequently be removed. Ensure there is a statement by you that garners dialogue, discussion or debate.
- Polls/Lists/Surveys where you're only asked to add to a list has no back and forth discussion potential between you and the participants.
- Link Only posts. Threads that only post a link without your own opinion for discussion will be deleted. i.e. Off site links are permitted as long as they are to non commercial news/article web sites. No promoting of any of your own off site web sites.
- Chat Threads If you want to chat aimlessly, use your eMail, IM or Google for a Chat Site as this isn't one of them. If you don't like this policy, you're quite welcome to find another site for it.
Please give your thread a clear Subject relating to its content, as this will help facilitate topic searches via the Automated Thread Search Function. The most important part of posting is to remember that you are discussing the subject matter, not the member who posted the thread.
How To Create A Thread or Reply to a Thread