Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Suicide?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Thomas407
Msg: 1
Suicide?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Do you ever feel like letting go? You feel like all of the negative things outweight the postive things by a drastic ratio. The relationships you take part in always end up in tragedy; boyfriends cheat, girlfriends cheat; heartbreak is a neverending pattern that will pursue you throughout your entire life. You dont have many friends, even though you consider yourself a kind hearted, friendly person. Your job sucks, and you have nothing to look forward to in the future. You feel constantly depressed, sad, and wanting to give up. You try to to talk to someone about it, but why bother blurting out your problems to people who pretend to care ( professional help) for the most part get paid to make you think they give a damn; and you are not sure who you talk to is truly "sincere"
My question to you all is that, has anyone of you felt or feel like this? Have you ever thought about suicide and the notion of ending this misery? If it will make the pain go away, and it's the only light at the end of the tunnel then why not? I'm curious what you guys think about it.
 twitch23
Msg: 2
Suicide?
Posted: 11/7/2006 10:01:34 PM
No offense but f**k that. You do that and they win... end of story man.

As for professional help, yes it is artificial, but often all you need is someone to talk towards so that YOU can hear what YOU say. I've often said that a deaf mute would make the best therapist in the world.

The other thing about professional help is the possibility of anti-depressants. Chronic severe depression may well be chemical and not situational.

Brother, there is ALWAYS something to look forward to in the future. Sometimes it is very difficult to see this, and usually this occurrs when we are focused entirely on the past.Of all the countries in the world, you live in one of the ones that offers the MOST potential for growth to those who wish to pursue it and work at it.

Tough times never last but tough people do.

Let me ask you something... If everything went the way you dreamed, where would you be right now? What would you be doing?
 {{Echo}}
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Suicide?
Posted: 11/7/2006 11:12:15 PM
I felt like that before but obviously I was strong.

You gotta keep going .... it's not worth that. It might feel like it at some point but in the end it just isn't worth your life.
 sweethonesty40
Msg: 4
Suicide?
Posted: 11/8/2006 12:58:12 AM
Did you consider the fact that suicide is the most selfish act that anyone can do? I understand completely the feeling of helplessness and hopelessness, but there is always hope! I'm sure it might ruffle a few feathers, but it is a selfish act! You're only thinking of your own pain and not the pain that you would cause those that love you! Yes, life can be a b*tch and it sometimes seems a never ending time of pain. Although, you may seem to think that no one cares, a symptom of depression, there are plenty of people that care for you...think of your family!

Yes, counselors are getting paid to listen to you, but you can also tell them things that you can not tell others and they are also PAID to keep it private! Each one of us, living and breathing on this earth has a purpose! You have one too! Seek your purpose! You have a background, a past, that may benefit others? Look into your heart...seek your purpose...forgive...use the life you have been given! Best wishes and my prayers are with you!
 rune3
Msg: 5
Suicide?
Posted: 11/8/2006 2:07:27 AM
Yes, for years, whilst I was growing up. Literally, day after day, year after year, wanting nothing more than an end to it all. I never acted upon it because I felt a responsibility to my family and to the people around me to not cause them to feel anything negative. Even in the moments where you think no-one cares about you, someone is going to have to deal with finding the body and if you feel that worthless you aren't worth inflicting that pain of someone else. That sounds terribly twisted logic, but you have to work with what you've got and if all you've got is negative feelings about yourself, you can still use them to keep yourself alive.

It's part of depression that you will experience self-destructive instincts.
Part of depression is too, that whilst you are in it every thought leads you to a negative conclusion and it can be impossible to reach good memories. You may find it helpful to do some research on the internet and discover what depression is. It might help you to understand what is happening to you and to deal with it.

If you feel you may not be able to resist the destructive influences then seriously consider prozac or similar... A friend of mine swears by it, she says it just takes the edge off everything and makes it bearable, and she can take it when she needs without being addicted.

Something to think about is that suicide is certainly not the light at the end of the tunnel. Suicide is the ruling out of any chance you have got to see the light: it robs you of your chance to know anything better than this. Life is already short. You've survived pain, you can survive more, you know, don't fear it so much... Life is not predictable, you do not know what will happen next. From the dark place where you're stuck right now you probably can't imagine anything good happening, but maybe you can remember that it has not always felt this bad, even if you can't remember what that was like.

Hang on in there... when I was in my mid 20's things brightened up. You don't know what is around the corner. Just hang on with patience, ride out the storms and you will find peace in your life again and again. Death is not peace: it is an ending of all experience and potential to experience anything in life, including peace. Each time you survive your depression you grow stronger and with practice, it becomes less traumatic.

Sometimes it helps to simply talk, or to write about your feelings. If you want a listening ear, or the text version of a listening ear, who cares simply by virtue of having known the same feelings, you can email me through PoF.
 ulterior1980
Msg: 6
Suicide?
Posted: 11/8/2006 3:48:18 AM
I had severe depression in my teens...brought on by...god knows what, it lasted 3 years and I felt like topping myself every single day...but thankfully it slowly went away (anti-depressants didn't work well) so now, whenever something dreadful happens, a death, g/f leaving...I just think to myself, well if I was strong enough then, I'm even stronger now.

Suicide is never the solution. And time is a fantastic healer, you may never forget but it always gets slightly easier to deal with.
 Canadian Sweet Heart
Msg: 7
Suicide?
Posted: 11/8/2006 8:22:22 AM
Sweety my life sucked so bad about 2 years ago ...I would not wish it on anybody...still have my share of problems today, but In no way in he-ll would I ever take myself out....Life is a test, to see how we do, its supose to make us stronger....so just take it day by day and I promise things will get better, join a club go swimming, even an art class or cooking class...something to take your mind off of your problems, or better yet e-mail me and I will be your friend, there are people out there who care..But to take your life, thats just wrong and selfish, think of the people you would leave behind and would have to live with this grief
 geriberry
Msg: 8
Suicide?
Posted: 11/8/2006 8:54:44 AM
I have felt very down by bullies but my stance on it is NEVER to give up as life WILL get better. If you give up the bullies etc will have won.
Geri
 robin_0623
Msg: 9
Suicide?
Posted: 11/8/2006 9:06:58 AM
I am one, when I my ex-husband find another woman and leave with her. He us with his three children and one in my womb and not even around my delivery I called him to let him know that I got pregnant he told me to abort the bay and jump in the bridge it was rude of him. But, befor that he came home and ask money he he has to help a family but what he did he gives it to the other woman to hlep her pay the bills in the hospital without thinking that I am already needs money for my delivery. He was so spoil and user--I was devastated, I jus wanna die, I did everything to win him back I went all card readers, I went to the church praying and crying. But, you know what--i guess things happened because when i got married I tried to embrace his relagion Islam but I can"t because everytime I paray it's jesus in my mind. So, i start going to church again after 15 years-I was raised christian and grown up in a catholic school. After that, everything in my heart start to light, I got Admirer who is even worhty than him-a dignified lawyer, educated. i start to think that why I should worry i still beautiful, I'm still young--So, After walking in a long long road, I just realized i have to stop because I dont have knowhere to go. I left him, everything in my life just change i came here united states, I got a job, good people surround me, got a good employer. Now, I forgot my ex-husband and even learned to forgive and forget....but, you know life is not all happiness--i found a man that I love but he left me again--because, of so called trust. i don't know-all i know someone out there for me---and i will just let things happened. We have to put in our mind, life is always up's and down-it's like a seahore sometime it's high tide and sometimes it's low tide..All I can tell if there is darkness light will shine over you if you believe. i got recover with my devastation with the father of my children--now, start to heal my broken heart again with my fiance---It's hard to let go---very hard, my heart was broken into pieces more hurtful than when my ex-husband left me. I know people who seek tears from us--will also seek tears from other and ---they will regret!! my ex- regret -he wants to come back but it's too late. good luck!! everything will be ok- Love yourself!!!!!-robin
 mama220203
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Suicide?
Posted: 11/8/2006 12:03:45 PM
I think that craossed a lot of peoples minds at least once in there life. There are people that care about you though. Even if you don't think they do, they do. 9 out of 10 jobs suck so you can't stress about that. And nothing that someone is reading out of a book to you can help. Thinking about what everyone else thinks of you is a waste of time though. What do they do for you? Everything your going through a lot of other people are going through too. And alot of people are going through a lot worse. Just a couple months ago my cousin died 6 days after giving birth to her baby. She was only 21 yrs old. A couple weeks ago my sons grandmother, who i was very close to passed away. I have 3 kids i'm raising on my own. No man wants me because i have 3 kids. i can't get a job because i can't afford day care. I can't get help to pay for day care cuz i don't have a job. i have no friends cuz i have kids. but do i let it get me down? no. Life is full of pain but you can never give up.
 judypatudy
Msg: 11
Suicide?
Posted: 11/8/2006 1:52:48 PM
Yes that has crossed my mind..
But my job is really good
And I thought how my kids would react..
I have 2 grown sons and one 6 year old grandson..
I get tired of working my ass off and I can't get ahead..
I also get tired of being alone, and never finding someone
too share my life with.. But I am also scared of falling
in love and being hurt again..
I have been divorced 3 years and haven't had sex since then..
YES that scares me!!
My room mate says I need too take my chasity belt off
and get laid? BTW: She's nuts
Everyone at one time in their life thinks about suicide,
But I am strong enough not too do it..
Everything happens for a reason,
Ok I am babbling now!!!
I am sooooooooooooo blonde today
 cjshott
Msg: 12
Suicide?
Posted: 11/8/2006 2:32:22 PM
There have been times when I felt like this too. But like the one guy said, if you give up, then "they" win.

Actually, I agree that while therapy can help people, we ultimately have to help our selves. Personally I have a great job, great friends and family, enjoyed the relationships I had, working on a new one with a new person, or possibly repairing an my very first online relationship.
I will say I am frustrated as hell sometimes over things, not mention I was pretty dissapointed over falling short of a life goal (being married by age 40, this past October), worse yet just a few weeks before this a relationship that had so much promise litterally took the worst turn possible in a weeks time.

What I do know, nothing good in life ever comes real easy. If it does, then its not usually good. !!!
 umaylikeme2
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Suicide?
Posted: 11/8/2006 4:10:02 PM
So not true that people don"t care..whenever this subject arrises so many jump in to help. Tho we may not know your particular situation or pain, many here have experienced similar feelings at various times in our lives..Prolonged depression and thoughts of suicide require medical attention. Very true that it may be a chemical imbalance..so seek help as there are many treatments available to you.There are many people in these forums that are the "survivors" of loved ones that have taken this path...trust me on this..the guilt, pain, and total destruction of our lives is most unbearable...it is forever that we carry this in our hearts.Asking for myself and those others showing how they care... ..please seek medical help and come back to let us know how things are for you after that.....
 baby_mermaide
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Suicide?
Posted: 11/8/2006 5:38:14 PM
Well I have been there and done that , and It only made things worse and what a mess , its not a easy thing to do it hurts it hurts everyone . I have learned my lesson , I will never do anything like that again, but sometimes when no one will really listen it seemed like a easy way out ,and its not . My day will come and I am not going to push it again,
 PattiLynn
Msg: 15
Suicide?
Posted: 11/8/2006 7:41:09 PM
I think God loves you thomas407
 twitch23
Msg: 16
Suicide?
Posted: 11/8/2006 8:35:13 PM
^^^^I know he does. Look at the support he put here for him!!!!
 Silhouette
Msg: 17
Suicide?
Posted: 11/8/2006 8:50:38 PM
This right here, is just simply a call for attention.
 twitch23
Msg: 18
Suicide?
Posted: 11/8/2006 9:03:59 PM
Most suicides or expressions of them are, that's no reason to ignore or dismiss offhand the person expressing them.
 I love hockey
Msg: 19
Suicide?
Posted: 11/8/2006 9:13:09 PM
Wow is that ever NOT the answer.
If someone feels that low, time to seek help right away. By the way, suicide facks up families and friends. I know because my father did it and believe you me I have paid the price for it. You only have on choice... keep plugging away. Whatever it is, it will get better. Its called time... give yourself some, and while you're at it.... give yourself a hug!
 maytrea
Msg: 20
Suicide?
Posted: 11/9/2006 12:21:02 AM
A long time ago when my 3 1/2 year relationship ended I contemplated it. I just contemplated letting go by impacting my car right into the Frasier River or even into a wall. The more I thought about it...the thought about depriving more people who do not deserve to lose a friend, a son, a family member, the more I realized I needed help. I talked out my problems, expressed myself and my feelings and gradually...it got better and in time, came to the point where I could look back and slap myself across the face for even contemplating it.

Recently a girl I was seeing left me for dumb reasons. The way I handled it was talking it out. I realized from the people on here, the people in my everyday life and even her friends have told me the same thing: She doesn't deserve you.

Becoming worm food before your time is letting them win. It accomplishes nothing and does more damage to those who don't deserve it.

Besides...you were born and raised and lived most of your life without this person, so what makes you think you can't continue life without them? No one is worth the pain and the thoughts....

Just...live.
 iamawildangel
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Suicide?
Posted: 11/9/2006 12:22:26 AM
some people need to watch what they say because it ihurts and sometimes it hurts enough to die for
 rbtrle58
Msg: 22
Suicide?
Posted: 11/11/2006 2:25:54 AM
Do i think suiside is a bad idea? i do and i should know i have tried it four times, and i fight the thought everyday. no one can know how you feel, each person you talk to can offer words of consern that you probly tell youself is a false consern. if you think that way you must realize that you are lying to yourself. people do care, the differance is they don't dwell on your problems like you do.

Some people will tell you that suicide is selfish, or cowardlly. this is not true, if you wanted to kill yourself it is it end your pain not others. the pain is so consuming that, that is all there is. it also take alot of corage to do it, you know the cost before hand yet you proceed anyway.
some may think this bizarre, but till you spend days looking into the black hole of your soul you can not undestand its appeal.

Tom if you are thinking about suicide you are also thinking about living. hold on to that. i can tell you thinking about it is better than attempting it. as for treatment, seek it out you need it. if it was not for theropy i would be dead today. it helps and this is comeing from a guy who trusted no one!!!! trust me when i say they do care, they really care.

I am haveing a tough time right now because the woman i am in love with left me. my heart is torn in two. i have been crying for weeks. if this happened to me a few years ago i would be thinking just like you, but my therpist help me through it, she tells me all the time that feelings are not real and the world sucks. girlfriend will cheat, you will lose a job, people will let you down and they will hurt you. but look at this complete strangers that you will never meet have been offering you support. people do care, your life has worth.

As for suicide it may appear appealing at times and it should there is no shame in thinking about it. but when you do think about it remember this your death affects over 250 people.
not just your family but others who you overlook or like here never meet. your letter caused me to write back you have touched me in a way you are unaware of. that is the beauty of life. there is real beauty and joy in living dont let the demons pull you in.

good luck
 gordie58
Msg: 23
Suicide? I LOST MY DAUGHTER THIS YEAR TO SUICIDE
Posted: 12/19/2006 11:17:33 PM
HERE IS SOMETHING THAT I WROTE......

WHY, MY DARLIN’ DAUGHTER, WHY

GRANDDAD I JUST WANT TO TALK TO MOMMA ONE MORE TIME
LITTLE DARLIN’ LISTEN HERE
YOU CAN TALK TO HER ALL THE TIME
JUST LOOK UP TO THE HEAVENS AND SAY A PRAYER
MOMMA WILL BE THERE TO HEAR YOU
ALL THE TIME

GRANDDAD DIDN’T SHE LOVE US
MOMMA WHY DID YOU LEAVE US
WHY, MY DARLIN’ DAUGHTER ,WHY
WE’RE HURTING AND WE’RE CRYIN’
ALL THE TIME

THE PAIN YOU HAD IS GONE NOW
THE PAIN WE FEEL IS FOR ALL TIME
PLEASE LORD TAKE CARE OF HER
AND MY GRANDKIDS ALL THE TIME

MOMMA WE MISS YOU
MOMMA WE NEED YOU
AND MY DARLIN’ DAUGHTER WE LOVE YOU
ALL THE TIME

WHY DID YOU DO IT
YOUR GONE FROM US FOR ALL TIME

MOMMA DIDN’T YOU LOVE US
MOMMA DIDN’T YOU WANT US

THE TEARS THE HURT WELL BE WITH US
MOMMA WE MISS YOU
MOMMA WE LOVE YOU
MY DARLIN’ DAUGHTER WE LOVE YOU ALL THE TIME

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

A GRIEFING DAD

CrystallineSunshine
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/19/2006 11:44:26 PM
I have been through some major things in my lifetime. I have seen all kinds of tragedy and trauma, and, I have had my share of moments where things felt totally hopeless, but, never did I EVER consider suicide. I frankly think that suicide is selfish. I do though think that if someone is feeling THAT upset and helpless, that they should reach out... to friends... to loved ones... or at least to a local crisis services hotline. Please. Seriously. Nobody and nothing is worth ending your life over. Trust me.

NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 25
Posted: 12/19/2006 11:50:17 PM
Gordie58,

I am sorry for your loss and the pain you must be going through!

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Suicide?