Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > PICS: Headshots - Recognition & Reporting      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JessKO
Msg: 1
view profile
History
PICS: Headshots - Recognition & ReportingPage 1 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Does it count if there is a face area but is seriously blurry, really small, and or has sunglasses which make it near to impossible to recognize someone? Should these people be reported to? Or not.
Cause to me some blurry pics are as usless as a 20 year old pic or a pic of a celebrity.

For How to Upload your pictures or issues with the upload please use the following thread only:

Click Here FAQ Picture Uploading How to and Issues

Thank You

Ticketoride
Msg: 2
headshots reporting
Posted: 5/5/2007 6:11:27 PM
If the Person is not identifiable, recognizable, "Could be any half a dozen People ...", even if the Person is standing too far away from the Camera, or anything that obstructs a clear View of the Face, such as deeply tinted or very reflective Glasses, closed Eyes, Hair, Hats, Hands, etc.

As a Main Image, a Profile Shot where both Eyes are not visible is not acceptable, and the Angle of the Head should be such that they can be clearly seen.

See Also:Profile Pics: Reporting Image As Not Human
Profile Pics: Unacceptable Profile Pics
Profile Pics: Admin's Manual Review
Profile Pics: Super close Ups
Profile Pics: Incl. of You, excl. of Copyright
Profile Pics: Posting Orginal Artwork
Profile Pics: Unacceptable Profile Images
Profile Pics: As Drawings
 DonInVictoria
Msg: 3
headshots reporting
Posted: 5/5/2007 7:33:56 PM

As a Main Picture, a Profile Shot where both Eyes are not visible is not acceptable, and the Angle of the Head should be such that they can be seen.

On the screen for reporting Profile images (emphasis added):

Reporting users just because you don't like them or have silly disputes with them will result in your account being deleted.

Only Report this profile if the image below doesn't contain the users face

The headshot should be current, a picture of the user 20 years ago is NOT a valid main picture

And on our IMAGES upload page:

ALL pictures MUST contain you in it with a visible head shot at minimum

A large fraction (1/4?) of the current main images, which are otherwise clear, recent and well taken, could be classed as not having both eyes visible.

As near as I understand it, there is no penalty for failing to report photos, as that's entirely at our own discretion.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 4
headshots reporting
Posted: 5/5/2007 7:58:50 PM
A large fraction (1/4?) of the current main images, which are otherwise clear, recent and well taken, could be classed as not having both eyes visible.

We have at least that in deeply tinted or very reflective Glasses, closed Eyes, Hair, Hats, Hands, etc.

While we can hagle Technicalities, its come to that where we see Profile Shots off the Side Back of the Head, showing 3/4 hair, 1/4 cheek, claiming the cheek is part of the Face.

How much Face then?

Maybe the 'full' Mouth and Cheekbones may not show on very slim and curved Faces, but both Eyes show enough of the Face to recognize someone. Cheeks on most people are nearly symetrical, hence I see little Point to require both of them.

A 'Profile Shot' showing only 1 Eye will likely render the Person unrecognizable compared to when seen from the front Head on. (Some will try to buy themselves 2 Lives here at POF in this Manner, ... some ... more than 1 Profile)

Reporting users just because you don't like them or have silly disputes with them will result in your account being deleted.

Reporting is in part Subjective, but someone who habitually votes to have perfectly good Images deleted will have their voting Powers removed. Those who only vote to
have valid Pics removed, esp. arising out of Spite or Mischieviousness, can have their Account terminated.
 DonInVictoria
Msg: 5
headshots reporting
Posted: 5/5/2007 8:08:54 PM
As we risk account deletion if our report is ever misinterpreted, can we have this capability to report Profiles permanently disabled?

Reporting is in part Subjective, but someone who habitually votes to have perfectly good Images deleted will have their voting Powers removed. Those who only vote to have valid Pics removed, esp. arising out of Spite or Mischieviousness, can have their Account terminated.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 6
headshots reporting
Posted: 5/5/2007 9:00:17 PM
As we risk account deletion if our report is ever misinterpreted, can we have this capability to report Profiles permanently disabled?

Why?

Can you see 2 Eyes or not? If not, vote to Delete.

There is no Mis-interpretation in respect to:

... someone who habitually votes to have perfectly good Images deleted will have their voting Powers removed. Those who only vote to have valid Pics removed, esp. arising out of Spite or Mischieviousness, can have their Account terminated.

Its assumed you'll get it "Right" at least some of the Time, meaning you'll also come from Time to Time across and vote to have Doggies, Flowers, Nudies and Blurry Shots removed. The entire Point is sufficient Recognition of People, to prevent Abuse, so this Site can do what it was intended to do ... to connect People together.

Admin: I nuke everything that isn't a headshot.
 grneyesnca
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Headshots - Recognition & Reporting
Posted: 6/10/2007 6:52:33 AM
I agree with Jim big time. I see people out there who have pictures that are like 50 feet away and look like a stick who don't have their's deleted. Is that a head shot I think not! And I've seen people who have dark sunglasses on as well can't tell me they have been deleted as well cause they are still there. I've had my pictures deleted cause of a funny face being made. But yet it was a head shot plain as day. Or how about these people who show half the side of there face they are still there. Like to know what's the deal. Can't tell me everyone is treated the same cause it's just not happening.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/10/2007 11:57:40 AM
I agree with Jim big time. I see people out there who have pictures that are like 50 feet away and look like a stick who don't have their's deleted. Is that a head shot I think not! And I've seen people who have dark sunglasses on as well can't tell me they have been deleted as well cause they are still there.

Just because the Admin has fallen a little behind and you feel no Action is being taken, many will ultimately end up losing their Pic Upload Privileges.

If you post such Images because others are doing it, then that may become your Lot also.
 grneyesnca
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2007 3:08:00 AM
No what I'm saying I've had my pic deleted twice even though it was a pic plain as day. But cause a funny face was being made it got deleted. So what were not allowed to make funny faces. Might as well just stand straight as if we were in jail and get a mug shot taken.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/24/2007 6:00:24 PM
you mods have always said you don't deal with profiles, that they are admin's baby...is this a recent change?

Forum Rules - Specific

Registrations (All Items below are cause for instant Profile Deletion!)

No Warnings Given !!!

A) Do not enter any *WEBLINKS, URLs in any Form, ADDRESS', TELEPHONE Numbers, E-MAIL ADDRESS', INSTANT MESSENGER Numbers, ICQ Numbers etc. into your Profile for any Reason Whatsoever as this Type of Profile Data has caused too many Inquiries from the Authorities. Plentyoffish.com URLs & Links are permitted.

B) Do not upload or place any indecent, nude, racist, offensive, copyrighted or illegal Images or Material into your Profile.

C) Do not place any False Information or Illegal Material/Activities into your Profile.

D) Multiple Registrations are prohibited and are grounds for immediate Account/Profile Deletion.

E) Do not impersonate other Posters or falsely represent yourself.

F) No Nickname may be chosen that is similar in Sound, Spelling or Characteristics of any existing Administrator or Moderator, or for the Harrassment & Ridicule of another Poster. Any Violation of this Rule will result in Account/Profile Deletion at any time without prior notification or explanation to the Member.

G) Anyone that either 'blocks' E-mail from, or seeks to by-pass an Administrator or Moderator assigned 'Ban' by deleting his/her Profile and/or creating another one, will thereafter be permanently 'Banned' and have his newer Account deleted without any Notification or any Form of Recourse.

Thee 1st Pooh
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/25/2007 10:46:25 AM
I believe these should be rejected.
 markus
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2007 2:01:40 PM
If its to blurry its nuked.

Super close ups of people where you don't see the face are also nuked. I leave sun glasses if they are small and you can still tell what the person is like.

Use report profile to report pictures that are of celebs.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/17/2007 5:46:47 PM
Is wearing jeans and no shirt considered nudity regarding men???

No.

Are women allowed to be dressed in what appears to be bra and underwear ora bikini??

Yes.

Also if I report someone who has one image and that image is too blurry and they look like they have black holes for eyes, is that correct to click the report button??

Yes.

Related Links:Headshots - Recognition & Reporting

It would be nice to have a report button on each image a person has so we can just get rid of the ones that arent a main pic also.

Seconded !!!
 Ticketoride
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/18/2007 2:01:45 AM
Technical Picture Requirements

You may also have Problems uploading your Image if ...

Items #1, #2, and #3 can be changed by using the "Crop" or "Resize" Function of your Picture Editor.

#4, #5, #6, #7, #8 and #9 by converting your Image to the uncompressed 24 Bit BMP Format before uploading it.

For #10, try re-naming your Image File.

For #11, upload a larger Image.

For #12, name the Image back to its original File Extension and convert to JPG, BMP or GIF before uploading.

In order to maximize the Area of your displayed Image on your Profile, use a Graphic Editor to crop your chosen Pic to an Aspect Ratio of just a Hair under 1:1.

The smallest Size Pic that can be uploaded to Profile is approximately 300 Pixels wide by 300 Pixels high.

Simply make sure that the Height of your Image is 1 Pixel less than its Width, such as 300 x 299, 600 x 599, 789 x 788, 1,153 x 1,152, etc. ... or any other Size you like, but not exceeding 1,200 DPI on any one Side. After upload, if you then click on that Profile Thumbnail Image placeheld as the Main Pic, then check the Properties Page, your Image(s) should read 300 by 300 DPI. The Thumbnail "Mouseover" pop-up Image will also be displayed at same Size.

1,200 x 1,199 DPI BMPs will give the very best Results, but sometimes these Images will not upload at all because they well exceed 4 MBs.

You can always upload any other Images sized any which Way under 1,200 DPI, but your Profile Display will not be maximized.

If only a Portion or Section of your Pic shows after Image upload, then reduce the Size of your Image and re-upload again. If the Background of your Image is "White", and has only uploaded partially, add a 10-20 Pixel black Border around it before trying to upload it again.

You can also now upload very narrow or wide Pics, but the Thumbnail Images will be rendered 'Proportionally Distorted'.

On another Note, a JPG Image is a Compressed Image, usually about only 1/7th the File Size of an uncompressed Image such as a BMP or a TIF. A compressed Image (JPG) will always suffer, among a Number of Things, loss of 'Contrast', meaning both the 'dark' as well as the 'light' Areas of the Image are missing some Details. When you upload a JPG to your Profile, the POF Image Compression Filter re-compresses your JPG Image again, losing even more 'Contrast'. For this Reason, should you need to resize or crop your Image, also reduce the 'Contrast a little, so your POF uploaded Image reveals a bit more Detail.

About Image Sharpening. Its generally not a good Idea to apply 'Sharpening' to an Image you will upload to your Profile, as the POF JPG Compression Filter will reveal severe Artifacting of your Image, usually making it look worse than before.

For Images that "appeared" OK on your Computer, but look awful after you have uploaded them to your Profile, unless your Image was partially corrupt, a Non-Standard or Proprietary JPG Compression Algorithm, its usually the Result of too much severe Compression one too many Times, causing extreme Amplification of Image Degradation.

You can only upload the JPG, BMP or GIF Format to your Profile. Since the GIF only has 256 Colors, and the POF JPG Compression Filter renders at the 24 Bit color Level, the Results after Upload are often poor. Uploading JPG usually produces mediocre Image Qualities on your Profile Shots, uploading BMPs cause the least amount of Degradation to your Profile Pics.

Taking a Pic of yourself using a Digital Camera in the RAW or TIF Image Format(s), if your Camera supports it/them, then converting to BMP and uploading to your Profile will produce the sharpest, clearest and most colorful Images.

(Revised January 24, 2007)
 SilverSeven
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2007 3:51:23 PM
Chickenlady: the prob with your pic may have been because there's a scarf obscuring almost half of your face even if both eyes are visible. Not all the unsuitable pics will get caught right away, poor Admin only has 24 hours in a day to do his thing.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/23/2007 4:15:36 PM
If there is problem with my picture on the site can someone tell me what it is?

You face is partially covered: Profiles: Recognizable Headshot Criteria

I've seen others on here with pictures that show nothing of a person

Use the Report Link at the bottom of the User's Profile to file a Report.

Off topic, it seems that one of the members is actually deceased on the site, and I wondered how to directly contact the administrator to tell them this?

E-Mail any of the Forum Moderators
 mimosa
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2007 9:22:22 AM
I just saw a blueberry pie and no report link what's funnier is the report link on this thread doesn't work for me. Must be from lack of use. Either I'm blind which is a distinct possiblity or it's not there lol. And your profile is all screwy Ticket only yours. Quadruple checked, nope.
 mimosa
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2007 9:50:15 AM
msg 42 report link. I wasn't logged in for the pie I'll check when I am, thx, like right now.
 mimosa
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2007 9:57:27 AM
The report link on the profile is there when I log in, thxs. It's still broken for me on Ticket's msg 42, and his profile is still screwy.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 20
Posted: 8/27/2007 11:07:18 PM
It's still broken for me on Ticket's msg 42

Then refresh the Profile Page, the Report User Link should now show somewhere under the the "Contact" Button and below the horizontal Links at the bottom of the Profile.

his profile is still screwy

Its the Nature of the Job ...

... caused by HTML Tags within Forum Posts.
 wen1950
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2007 8:13:28 AM
I think your picture looks fine. I would rather see some resembling of a person than not have a picture at all. I can't understand why this is such a big issue. A picture isn't even needed to be on the site.
 yayawhatever
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2007 1:30:26 PM
I can't understand why this is such a big issue.

ALL pictures MUST contain you in it with a visible head shot at minimum

That is posted in the upload area and is impossible to miss.

Why is it an issue:

1. Many users do not want messages from those without images. They do not mean an image of the back of your head or a cartoon. They want to see the face of the person they are corresponding with. Uploading any image that is not recognizably you is seen as an attempt to circumvent this filter.

2. There is not unlimited space on the image server for images. This is not the place to store joke pics, cartoons etc.

3. Forum posters who post an image should be recognizable to moderators. Joke pics, blurry images, and other obvious image rule violations are a clear indication that the user is more than willing to violate the rules of the site. One who has posted a recognizable image of their face is less likely to push the boundaries too far, as if they are banned permanently they won't be able to post an image upon return, as they will be recognized fairly quickly.

4. There is zero tolerance for copyright violation here.

There are many BIG issues, that are not understood at first glance, but the image rules are specific and have been created and imposed with good reason.

Related Links:Unacceptable Profile Pics
Reporting And deleting Main images
Reporting Image As Not Human
Profile Pics: Super close Ups

Profiles: Recognizable Headshot Criteria
Profiles: Profile Images as Drawings
Profile Pics: Admin Message Image Deleted

Ticketoride
Msg: 23
Headshots - Confusion?
Posted: 1/30/2008 10:21:35 AM
Applies to all Images, but its only primarily enforced for 'Main Images' at this Time.

Related Links:Main Image
 Ticketoride
Msg: 24
headshots reporting
Posted: 2/6/2008 2:43:41 PM
Pic is a little dark if you want to be fussie, but nothing that prevents you from seeing it.

Cannot see your Eyes, the Image is a little too dark, thus a tad on the unrecognizable Side.

Related Links:

Recognizable Headshot Criteria
Profile Pics: Admin Message Image Deleted
Profile Pics: Upload Privilege Revoked
Profile Pics: Image File Sizes
 Ticketoride
Msg: 25
headshots reporting
Posted: 2/7/2008 1:19:54 AM
I just got my pic deleted for no apparent reason except that this site must be run by USA standards.

Considering the Guy that reviews your Images is Canadian, the only Standards used are those already published via numerous Links on this Thread ... which you could, given the Will, be studied by you. The Rest is answered within the Links below:

Related Links:Profile Pics: Admin Message Image Deleted
Profile Pics: Upload Privilege Revoked

Double standards.... The women can be falling out of there blouses or whatever, but let a man show his chest... this is to be expected I suppose.

It was never deleted because of of your Chest, thats merely your own Fabrication.
There is no such Standard for deleting Profile Images.

So tell me, at what point is a picture of a male considered nude?

The same Thing they taught you in Kindergarden to not flash little girls with during Nap Time.

I'll check what the actual Nature of the Image you uploaded was, not the BS you are peddling here, and then will determine if your Image Upload Privileges should be under Question.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > PICS: Headshots - Recognition & Reporting