Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > forums      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ticketoride
Msg: 2
forumsPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Forum noun, (pl. "fora" or "forums") An online Discussion Group providing a Variety of Forums in which Participants with common Interests can exchange open Messages. Reading a Forum's Archives can be a good Way to obtain a basic Knowledge about a Topic, and it also provides a historical Perspective on Trends and Opinions.

In any and all Forum Categories ...

Top left of the Page you will see an Option to create a »»

Enter the Name of the Thread in the Subject Line.

Subject

The Name of the Thread must reflect the Topic of your Message Post, as outlined in the Forum Posting Guidelines

Also, it must have a valid Topic for Discussion, not for Chatting, contacting People, Spamming, etc. per the Forum Rules

You cannot make a New Thread nor post on the Forum for the first 72 Hours except in the Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help Category of registering a new Account.

You can only make up to 2 "New Threads" per Day.

If you make a 3rd Thread you will not be able to post on the Forums for the following 24 Hours.

Before making a new Thread, search for an
existing one on the same Subject or Topic.

Search Instructions »» Thread Search

Redundant Threads will be deleted.

Related Links:

Forums: Redundant Threads/Archival Value
Forums: Posting Problems
Forums: Posting of Links "Only" or Copyright Sources
Forums: WTF? Where is my Thread?
Forums: Why not delete Posts instead of Thread?
Forums: Redundant Threads - Crackdown
Forums: User Votes wrongly delete Threads
Forums: Excessive Reporting
Forums: False Reporting & Report Thread Abuse
Forums: How to prevent your Thread from being deleted
Profiles: Forum Posting Requirements
 *Eiledon*
Msg: 6
I can't seem to post to forums.
Posted: 11/2/2007 11:07:15 PM
But I'm wondering...
Could it be lengthened to: the first 6 years a person is on the site ?

EXCELLANT IDEA!!!

Is there really a valid reason for anyone to start more than 3 threads in a 24 hour period???

Not a one than I can think of!

A cap on the number of threads a user can start in a given time period would certainly make people consider long and hard before starting some of the more frivolous threads we see on the forums.

It's usually whiners, broadcasters, or spammers that start more than TWO threads on any given day.

Even the most prolific forum regulars only start a new thread every day or every other day.

...And that's assuming they're not deleted for redundancy or chat.

I hope Admin gives your suggestion some consideration.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/3/2007 10:16:53 AM
Could it be lengthened to: the first 6 years a person is on the site ?
Is there really a valid reason for anyone to start more than 3 threads in a 24 hour period???

I recommended the first 6 Decades ... lol

So all someone has to do is create a profile and wait 6 days.

Yup, merely an Inconvenience ...

A cap on the number of threads a user can start in a given time period would certainly make people consider long and hard before starting some of the more frivolous threads we see on the forums.
I hope Admin gives your suggestion some consideration.

I've often wondered why would anyone have the need, or the time even, to have more than one or two threads going on at once ....definitely something to think about, huh?

Excessive Arm twisting in Progress ...
 Ticketoride
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/3/2007 10:32:41 AM
Because we enjoy the attention ...or it maybe because my brain goes 100 miles an hour and I am a woman and can multi task?....or its because we like the attention?...did I say that twice?....

So, finally someone pulls to Cat out the Bag that explains the Reason(s) behind it ...
 Ticketoride
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/20/2007 4:18:25 PM
Its now 2 Threads per Day, right across the Board for everyone.

You can however make a 3rd one but you will not be able to post for 24 Hours subsequently. The 3rd Thread will cost you a 1 Day Ban so to speak.

Its to buckle down on Redundant Threads, People who just waste them, the Time of the User Base to vote them off and Moderator Deletions.

Also, those who are now found continuously making Redundant Threads will have their "New Thread" Function revoked, esp. those who have been made aware by Posters that their Thread is redundant, but ignore such Advisories and continue making them anyways.

Automatic "New Thread" Function revoked for those who continuously make Contact, Billboard, Pity or Attention Seeking Threads.

Further, this new Thread & Posting Limit will stop Forum Spammers dead in their Tracks.

References:

Forums: How to make a New Thread
Profiles: Forum Post/Report Member Links Requirements
Forums: Redundant Threads/Archival Value
Forums: Posting Problems
Forum Rules - Specific
Forum Posting Guidelines
 Ticketoride
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/20/2007 8:49:03 PM
What about in Humor!...(but DO agree!)....:)

Is there a Shortage of Threads in that Category where your Post could not be posted to an existing one?

This is not applicable to certain or specific Forum Categories anyhow, but a Ration for each Poster daily, kinda like Foodstamps

The Thread Redundancy War ain't over yet, the Troll Enemy keeps firing them at us.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 21
Posted: 12/30/2007 11:43:33 PM
It says I can post on 12/30/07 at 10:02pm
It's 12/31/07 12:27am
why am I still getting that error?

The first Date is Pacific Standard Time, the second your own Time Zone. You had 26 Minutes left before you could post.

By Midnight here, another 3 Hours of your Post above, the Server will reset and you should be able to post, as you would have exceeded the 72 Hour Waiting Period.

Related Links:Forums: Unable to post after 3 Days
Forums: How to make a New Thread
Profiles: Forum Post/Report Member Links Requirements
 Neysha61
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2008 12:42:50 PM
As Late stated, you are replying/posting or your messages in here (a forum) would not be showing up.
On your profile I can see your posts in other forums and the ones here as well.
You have posted since your original message in here (time stamp).
Still having a problem or did it fix itself?
 Ticketoride
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/24/2008 5:26:45 PM
i'm having some problems posting now. i haven't said anything bad but i'm not being allowed to post more replys and stuff...why?

You have no Bans or posting Restrictions applied to you.

Related Links:Forums: Posting Problems
 Ticketoride
Msg: 26
Posted: 1/25/2008 10:36:17 AM
i have only been able to post two threads this month they are not being deleted.they are not being posted at all.

If you have Trouble logging into the Forums, try changing your Password.

Your New Thread Posting Privileges were revoked over a Number of Redundant Threads you made in the Past.

i have done thread searches

If I can find a Redundant Thread in under 1 Minute, you should be able to find one within 10. That's the Yardstick I use.

Related Links:Forums: Feedback on Thread Deletions
Forums: Thread Deletions - More on
Forums: Thread Redundancy Curbed
 Ticketoride
Msg: 28
Posted: 1/25/2008 11:47:20 AM
i have have never been told any of my threads were invalid.

No more than we tell you about your deleted Threads.

First, Time gets wasted by Posters filing a Report. Then we search, read and "Rough Document" the Nature of the Thread, followed by all the Administrative Actions to revoke your Privilege. And as a 'Thank You" Note we furnish you with an Explanation, consuming even more Time?

Not a Chance, but hey ... you can always plead your Case with the Admin to send you something.

Related Links:Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rule Violations
 Thatguy67
Msg: 29
view profile
History
What type of saddle is best for a horse?, how do i get reply
Posted: 3/16/2009 2:36:44 PM
There's a Profile Reviews forum where you can submit your profile for review. Its in the Global Forums section.
 Mizz Demeanor
Msg: 31
What type of saddle is best for a horse?,forums
Posted: 5/5/2009 2:22:27 PM
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingForum94.aspx

^^^^ go to that forum and get a profile review
They're often helpful. Read the profile writing tips first....it'll help you.

~mizz
 Electrify85
Msg: 32
Posted: 7/4/2009 12:59:58 PM
I've been a POF member for a couple of weeks now, and today wanted to start my first thread. I clicked to start a new thread and wrote it, but it never showed up after clicking submit. I resubmitted it, and still nothing. I then wrote it up in another subforum (probably one which was a better fit for it, actually), and still nothing.

What's going on?
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > forums