Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Blocked emails      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 yzooboy
Msg: 1
Blocked emailsPage 1 of 1    
I have noticed I am being blocked more frequently from sending emails. I have looked at their criteria closely and I meet age, distance, not married, etc. requirements, and I have never messaged anyone in reference to an intimate encounter. Is there a way to find out why?
 svj
Msg: 2
Blocked emails
Posted: 1/25/2008 6:47:03 AM
Why ask why? If she's blocking you, it's pretty obvious she's not interested.

I looked at your profile... while there's nothing there to make you stand out, there's nothing outwardly offensive in it. Which means it's probably the emails you're sending.

When you get no response, do you send emails asking why she didn't reply? Those quite often get blocked.... and with good reason. There is nothing positive that can come from the interaction at that point.

If something isn't working for you, try something else. It may work, it may not. But what you're doing now isn't working for sure.
 Nordic33708
Msg: 3
Blocked emails
Posted: 1/25/2008 9:19:07 AM
yzooboy

I see you are a smoker....could that be it?

svj

He's talking about being blocked from sending a mail at all. Not being blocked by the user.
 yzooboy
Msg: 4
Blocked emails
Posted: 1/25/2008 6:26:39 PM
I am blocked from sending an initial email, thanks for such enlightenment though, so rewarding!
 yzooboy
Msg: 5
Blocked emails
Posted: 1/25/2008 6:30:29 PM
Was just curious, I have looked at a few profiles closely and I don't appear to have any of the "block" criteria. I'm within mileage, I do smoke, but the ones that are blicking me don't have that listed, and I have never sent anything inappropriate.
 oldsoul
Msg: 6
Blocked emails
Posted: 1/25/2008 6:46:14 PM
This is almost embarrassing but here goes.

I just tried to send someone a message, and when I pressed "send", it showed the usual message sent, but when I went in my "sent messages" , it wasn't there.

So I re-verified that there were no restrictions on the person's profile that could prevent me from contacting them, and there aren't any...at all.

And besides, you usually get a message telling you that you don't meet the person's filters at the beginning, when you first press the "contact user" button.

There are no smoking, age, gender, country, distance... etc...restrictions of any kind on that person's profile.

My message definitely exceeds any minimum character requirement that can possibly exit on POF...trust me on that one...lol!!

And I know for a FACT that I have never contacted anyone at anytime for an intimate encounter...yeah yeah yeah...I KNOW how THAT sounds and I know what you're probably all thinking...that's what they ALL say...but it's TRUE I swear....dang!!...haha!

Anyway, not only would I like this person to receive this message, but I would like to know why this is happening...this is the second time this has happened...the first time, I just chalked it up as me being tired and forgot about it, but I'm not tired now:)

Help??

Thank you:)

\/ Okay...I'll try...I have a question for you...what are the filters that don't appear on the profiles and that could be responsible for tripping those filters?? \/
 oldsoul
Msg: 7
Blocked emails
Posted: 1/25/2008 7:08:47 PM
It went through...now what??

Like I said, there are no filters or restrictions on his profile whatsoever, and the screen displays "message sent" when I press send....?
 late™
Msg: 8
Blocked emails
Posted: 1/25/2008 7:15:20 PM
It is called "Greeking", it's blocks of latin-esq text that typesetters use to format. No symbols.

If it goes through, it means that the problem is with how the sender is composing their message.

Potentially abusive words, banking terms, certain symbols, URLs, etc. will all trigger a filter to send that message to nowwheresville population 0
 oldsoul
Msg: 9
Blocked emails
Posted: 1/25/2008 7:25:50 PM
^^^
Thank you!!!

I finally figured out what the problem was....I copied and pasted a post from one of the threads we both participated in as part of my message, and the word sex was written in there...hence the "abusive language" I guess...haha!!

So I edited it out...and it went through...phew...!!

And NO...I wasn't asking/begging/soliciting/ for sex...I swear...lol!

You both have a great weekend and thanks again:)

Determinado
Msg: 10
Blocked emails
Posted: 1/25/2008 7:30:44 PM
I am running into the same thing. In the last two weeks I've answered 4 emails with no problem. However, I tried to send around 4 emails in the same period and 3 of them were blocked. I never had contact with those I wrote to and was not outside the specified criteria. Just now, a new message was blocked. The criteria follows. I comply with all of it. Why am I now being blocked? Any clues?

Male
Age between 35 and 52
Live in United States
Live within 75 miles.
Must not have messaged users looking for intimate encounters or sex.
You must have a picture to contact this user.
Must not be looking for Hang Out
Must not be looking for Talk/E-mail
Must not be looking for Other Relationship
Must not be looking for Intimate Encounter
Must not do drugs
Must not be married
Must not smoke

[See post 9/late™]
 Ticketoride
Msg: 11
Blocked emails
Posted: 1/26/2008 12:21:00 AM
Blocked emails: Any clues? Live within 75 miles.

This Mail Setting, esp. if the other User's Postal Code is incorrect can become an unresolvable Situation, since Distance cannot be determined.

A Moderator could e-mail that User for you and request her to re-check/correct it.

Some People deliberately enter incorrect Postal Codes as a limited Method of blocking all 'First Contact' except those on their Favourites List, without letting anyone clue in they are doing exactly that for just that Purpose.

Related Links:E-Mail: 75 Mile Mail Setting Limit
E-Mail: Missing or Incorrect Postal Codes
Mail Settings: Last valid Code/Wrong Code Prompts

Sometimes using different Postal Codes from other Parts of Town may work. It would be a Trial & Error Thing though.

Just go down Point by Point in the List of Items in the Link below, eliminating the possible Restrictions one by one. Some Items may never be resolvable, may never be known, but those Points also clearly explain why.

Related Links:E-Mail: Contact Restrictions

Any clues?

An E-Mail Message Content of a Minimum of 3 Characters is required to engage any Messaging Filters. If you send any Mails with only 2 ASCII Characters and it goes through, you are most definitely not being nailed by its Content.
 actdc101p
Msg: 12
shrinking the 75 mile radius
Posted: 8/31/2009 6:53:14 AM
I don't have a pilot's license. Does the system have the capability to allow me to select a smaller radius? 75 Miles puts me in 2 different states and the other option would allow me to have coffee with someone in Bulgaria. How about 20 miles? Can I do that?
 suebug9
Msg: 13
Blocked emails
Posted: 6/12/2011 9:33:28 AM
I am constantly receiving emails saying someone wants to "MEET ME" yet when I go to their profile I either live beyond their 75 mile limit or am within and still am blocked from contacting them. WHY is POF allowing them to even be apart of my lists if they are not meeting either my or their criteria?? I even changed some of my criteria to open up more contacts.

PLEASE ADVISE!!
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 14
Blocked emails
Posted: 6/12/2011 9:41:55 AM
^^^^ They clicked on your pic in the MEET ME app above your inbox. Doesn't mean you want to meet them. It doesnt take yours or theirs messaging filters into consideration. There is like a HUGE 20+ page thread that explains all about the meet app here

Everything you ever wanted to know about our MEET ME app CLICK HERE!

Cowboy
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Blocked emails