Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > weird emails      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ashboo08
Msg: 1
weird emailsPage 1 of 1    
Ever since i joined i have been getting weird emails from User-X (or something like that) but the weird thing is that the emails pop up on my msn and show that i have emails in my inbox. but once i actually go into my inbox the emails aren't there and hotmail can't find the emails. but it still says on my msn that i have all these emails. This has never happend to me before so i'm thinking its because of joining the site. any help would be great...its kind of creeping me out!
 Ticketoride
Msg: 2
weird emails
Posted: 1/27/2008 7:58:04 PM
the weird thing is that the emails pop up on my msn and show that i have emails in my inbox. but once i actually go into my inbox the emails aren't there and hotmail can't find the emails. but it still says on my msn that i have all these emails.

POF will sent out Notifications to your previously submitted Online E-Mail Address
as specified in your Mail Settings ...

Email address (New mail
notifications sent to this address)

... to alert you that you have received E-Mail at POF, providing you have
enabled that Service in your Mail Settings.

Send me an email, when i have mail at plentyoffish
NoYes

Close your Browser, delete your Temporary Internet Files, Cookies and
make sure your Cookies are enabled.

If the Mail still won't show, then that User was deleted by the System or the Admin which causes all of his/her E-Mails to be deleted as well.

That User may have ...

1.Deleted his Account.
  • (User Name removed from E-Mails)
  • 2.Was deleted by the Admin
  • (All E-Mail deleted from your Mailbox)
  • 3.Implemented an E-Mail Block.
  • (E-Mail deleted from your Outbox)

• Related Links:E-Mail: Lost, Disappeared & Deleted Mail
    E-Mail: Auto-Deleted after 20 Days/View All Messages
    E-Mail: First Contact History Missing Users
    E-Mail: Was my E-Mail Actually Received?
    E-Mail: E-Mails Disappeared
    Search: User Search

Its also possible you have already opened and read your POF E-Mails of Online Notifications you may have received while having been logged in at POF. In other Words, you may already have read the Mails for which Notifications were sent.

If you are not receiving these Notifications, although enabled in your Mail Settings, but you are getting new POF E-Mails, then check to make sure your ISP, Firewall, E-Mail Client, Online E-Mail Account or other Spam Filter you may have installed on your Computer is not spam-blocking: www.plentyoffish.com

Related Links:E-Mail: No Notification
    E-Mail: Recent E-Addy Change

If however Notification has been disabled in your Mail Settings and you seem to be getting them anyhow, then you may have been spoofed by Scammers and Spammers.

Change your User Name and Password in your Registration Settings as illustrated in the Links below:

Related Links:

E-Mail: How do Spammers harvest E-Mail Addresses
    E-Mail: Offline Scammers refer to Plentyoffish.com
    E-Mail: User Name too close to E-Mail Address
    Acquiring E-Mail Addresses is standard Scammer Protocol
     .somedude.
    Msg: 3
    weird emails
    Posted: 4/16/2008 7:29:21 AM
    hi i recieved an e-mail from a girl and she typed it all weird like this.. i dont understand the dot instead of a traditional period

Hey there dot I finally got a message from a guy with a hot profile dot There are a lot of losers out there to sift through, but I like what I see from you dot I would like to chat with you a little bit to get to know each other, then maybe we can hook up next week dot It is important to me that I get to know someone a little bit and trust them before I meet them dot Send me a meesage at ***** at hotmail dot com, and tell me a little more about yourself dot Hope to here from you soon!

the fact that it has no reference to what i said to her in the first place makes me curious if she is real.. oh i blanked out her e-mail just incase she is real but i highly doubt it.
     Ticketoride
    Msg: 4
    weird emails
    Posted: 4/16/2008 10:07:15 AM
    It is important to me that I get to know someone a little bit and trust them before I meet them dot Send me a meesage at ***** at hotmail dot com

Maybe someone who erroneously believes she is ducking Word Filters.

Related Links:Forums: Censored Profanities
    Forums: Censored Words

When someone asks you to contact them via an Offline E-Mail Address and sends you something not in Reply to your Message, its likely a Mass-Mail Spammer/Scammer doing their dirty Work elsewhere.

Report them here:Plentyoffish: Report Channels
     GODSCHIELD
    Msg: 5
    weird emails
    Posted: 7/9/2008 1:30:19 PM
    Dear Sir,
    I hate replying or having to contact as it now shows up on my profile but in this instance I have no choice.
    I keep reciveing the same email over and over again I have so fare to day recieved about 50 saying i have new mail at Pof fron this certain person and its the same email there is no new ones its now driving me nuts, In Gods Name I think you have a slight teqy problem at the moment its now telling me I have another 23 emails I have not its the same one. Please can you do some thing about this as its now getting fare to much. Thank you.
     Ticketoride
    Msg: 6
    weird emails
    Posted: 7/9/2008 2:02:46 PM
    I think you have a slight teqy problem at the moment its now telling me I have another 23 emails I have not its the same one.

Unless its some sort of Settings you have made to be alerted when you receive Mail or someone adds you to his Favourite List in your Mail Settings, its likely the weekly My Matches you have been receiving since you created a Profile here.

Simply have your ISP's or Online E-Mail Client flag & delete it as Spam if you don't want to receive them. This Site recommends to delete your Account if you don't want it.

Related Links:Can I disable the latest Matches e-mailed to me?
     katgurl81
    Msg: 7
    weird emails
    Posted: 7/29/2009 6:44:01 AM
    I also received a notification by email that I had a message in my Inbox - and when I went to log into POF, the message was not there; this is fine, I assumed that he was deleted by the system/administrator and he seemed kind of rude/strange anyway. It's possible he was a spammer. However, my problem is that now, everytime I do anything in POF that doesn't involve being on my Inbox page, it shows at the top "1 NEW MESSAGE." Because the message is no longer in my Inbox, I cannot read it, and therefore cannot get rid of this notification. What can I do about this?
     brirach
    Msg: 8
    weird emails
    Posted: 8/19/2009 9:00:30 AM
    I received a notification that "so and so" has responded to my initial e-mail to him. But my Inbox does not show the e-mail from him. Suggestions, please.
     ClockworkToy
    Msg: 9
    weird emails
    Posted: 8/19/2009 9:40:23 AM

Suggestions, please.

I'd suggest looking at message #2 ^^^ in this thread. Bearing in mind that no one has access to your inbox other than you, it's a process of elimination to find out what happened. The links given in the early part of message 2, rather than the later ones, seem to be most applicable to you, and perhaps other links you might find by following those ones.

kat - message #7
    If you're still having that problem, it's likely the notification thing has just jammed. Send yourself an email and delete it when it arrives. That should fix it.
     AWAITING DELETION PLEASE!
    Msg: 10
    weird emails
    Posted: 8/19/2009 9:46:06 AM
    Msg 2 see this section

If the Mail still won't show, then that User was deleted by the System or the Admin which causes all of his/her E-Mails to be deleted as well.

That User may have ...

1.Deleted his Account.
  • (User Name removed from E-Mails)
  • 2.Was deleted by the Admin
  • (All E-Mail deleted from your Mailbox)
  • 3.Implemented an E-Mail Block.
  • (E-Mail deleted from your Outbox)

• Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > weird emails