Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Hastings, MI---Tubeing/Canoeing Party---Saturday August 8th 2009
 magnacare
Msg: 45 (view)

Hastings, MI---Tubeing/Canoeing Party---Saturday August 8th 2009
Posted: 8/4/2009 8:07:33 AM
As an added note I have not seen it posted here, for those of you who have not canoed or floated alot. Don't forget to bring zip lock baggies for things you do not want wet (wallets, keys, etc) , garbage bag for wet things and your cans. PLEASE NO BOTTLES on the river. Keeping the river clean in our part is important. Bungie cords or rope to tie things down with, in case of canoe flips, or wanting to float together, chasing things down river is stressful. Water shoes if you have them, sunscreen and bug spray. Dry clothes and a towel. And last but not leaest, life jackes if you are bringing your kids.

did i miss anything?
 magnacare
Msg: 44 (view)

Posted: 8/4/2009 7:57:09 AM
FYI there is a Family Fare Grocery Store,Pharmacy and K-mart just one block over from the Canoe Livery if anyone needs some Last minute items. Any other questions about conveniences near by please feel free to ask!
 magnacare
Msg: 43 (view)

Posted: 8/4/2009 7:51:16 AM
I'll be there, I live in town, but probably won't go too park. I live on a lake in town and will probably head back there to continue to enjoy the water. Sunday is suppose to be hot so anyone interested in enjoying sunday at the lake, let me know, Kids welcome as well. I have a large deck, ponotoon, paddle boat, commercial grill and extra fridge room. Bring something to grill and your beverage of choice.

NOTE: Must be dog friendly as I have pets and do rescue. See you saturday!
 magnacare
Msg: 25 (view)

Posted: 7/26/2009 9:00:42 AM
Hello all,

I'd love to go, I live in town so i'm close. I am a fair weather "floater" so I will be there if the weather warms up.
 magnacare
Msg: 1 (view)

Gentlemen, would my profile spark your interest?
Posted: 4/10/2009 8:24:17 AM
Like many of the other users on this site, I seem to get alot of views but have not had many responses to my profile. I would appreciate any feedback you could provide. I've read the "how to write a profile" and believe I meet the suggested criteria, so help me out here and give me some of your suggestions. I do plan on updating my pic's as I am not happy with them but believed posting a pic was a big first start?

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Tonya
 magnacare
Msg: 9 (view)

*Tavern on Kraft* Grand Rapids, MI January 17 the Saturday
Posted: 12/20/2008 6:25:16 AM
Hello everyone, I wasn't able to make it, got stuck in Chicago, how was the get together with the weather up here.

Tonya
 magnacare
Msg: 6 (view)

*Tavern on Kraft* Grand Rapids, MI January 17 the Saturday
Posted: 12/14/2008 9:05:32 AM
Crazy time in my office, but hoping to get out in time to drop by for some holiday cheer.

Merry Christmas
 magnacare
Msg: 32 (view)

What does your profile name mean?
Posted: 11/29/2008 11:42:16 AM
Mine was the name of my business before I researched it to trade mark. Plus, as a certified animal rescuer it is used in my FEMA and animal rescue sites. I am glad this topic came up as I have ofter wondered about some of the names on here.

Thanks
 magnacare
Msg: 403 (view)

Men over 45 and facial hair
Posted: 11/29/2008 10:02:06 AM
ISMENE, I too have noticed that. I personally am not a huge fan of facial hair, however I would not rule a man out because he sports CLEAN and TRIMED facial hair.
Yet I personally find it disgusting when a man goes to dinner with his moustach curling over his lips and appears to sive his food prior to eating. ICK. Makes me question his personal hygeine as well. As not to offed the men here, I also find it questionable if a woman sports an upper lip shadow, wild hairs on the chin or needs to get the lawn mower out on her legs or bikini line.

I really believe it is a personal preference and of course for me ALWAYS Hygiene is important to me as well for BOTH men and women.

So for me it is evaluated on a person by person basis, there are alot of possibilities out there so I always keep my options as well as an open mind.
 magnacare
Msg: 24 (view)

Did I do the right thing or was I rude?
Posted: 11/29/2008 8:44:15 AM
boricua papi, WOW step off boy, you just don't get it.

1..He wasn't what he portrayed himself to be
2..He didn't respect the word "NO" when told she wanted no more drinks
3.. He kept handling her when her body language told him NO as well
4.. He stalked her at her house
5.. His angry messages are a huge "red flag "that his temper/anger is dangerous at best!

How would you feel if your daughter, mother or sister was in that situation?

I FULLY AGREE, it was a BAD judgement call having him to her house! My home is my refuse and saftey and I NEVER give my address to anyone unless I have known then for some time.

He was an angry, disrespectful, rude, pig, and maybe if more women dumped him he would "get it"! Where is it written man or woman OWES someone anything who will not respect their boundries? Anyone in an escalating situation should RUN and not look back, and this situation was escalating and manners should not apply when anyones saftey is at question! Your priorities are out of line when you put manners before ones personal saftey! ALWAYS FOLLOW YOUR GUT INSTINCTS! Mine have never proven me wrong yet.

GOOD comment re: not drinking anything that one did not see being poured by the bartender, he could have put something in her drink.
 magnacare
Msg: 5 (view)

Dating someone who has kids by another relationship, but is not involved in their lives.
Posted: 11/28/2008 4:26:33 PM
AprilwhyApril, I have to be with you on this one. I can't for the life of me understand how it could be in the best interest of any child, to not have both their parents involved in their lives. Unless there are legal, mental, or abuse issues here. I think there is more to the story there...
 magnacare
Msg: 3 (view)

Dating someone who has kids by another relationship, but is not involved in their lives.
Posted: 11/28/2008 6:37:56 AM
Thanks Ladies for your replies. I am glad to see your responses as well. I have heard some stories from some of my Male pals about others they have met who don't have much to do with their kids and I find that disturbing. My sons are a package deal with me. It is all or nothing. They are the priority in my life, not open for debate!
 magnacare
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 11/28/2008 6:34:59 AM
I'm with you on this one. Recently ran into that situation with one of my sons, he met a gal went out once or twice to find out she had kids in different city but her parents are raising them? He moved on! I couldn't imagine not having my sons around.

Thanks for your response if good to here mans side as well.
 magnacare
Msg: 80 (view)

where to find professional women
Posted: 11/22/2008 9:05:32 AM
Good point peacefullme. That is another reason to have a really well thought out and written profile that honestly conveys who they are and the type of person they would be attracted to. Like you just because I work in the field of my choice, I am not too hung up on my potential date/mates social status or income, rather who they are as a person and how they choose to live their life.
 magnacare
Msg: 78 (view)

where to find professional women
Posted: 11/22/2008 8:38:38 AM
innocentantic I agree with your reply. Also think that there are many other good replys as well. IMO this is a "personal opinion" on what a person deems "successful professional' I believe there are successful professionals in every field from white color to blue collar workers. For me in my earlier years, I was a successful professional server, who choose to go to college and further her education. In my earlier years being a server allowed me to be home to get my children off to school, and be home when they returned, I could do homework and tuck them into bed at night. However, I knew they would grow up and I would have more free hours. So I chose to go to college, further my education so when they were old enough to be more self sufficient, I would be in a position to work full time in an area I truly enjoyed going to work in, as well as increasing my financial situation looking forward to a retirement I could live comfortably with.

Now, I work as a professional in the business world, but believe me I see "successful professionals" with major college degrees, whose personal and family life are in shambles or constant chaos. I also have friends who are tradesmen who have never gone to college but are successful professionals in their respective fields and they have personal lives that are well balanced and healthy.

So my point is this, one needs to define their own paradigm of "successful professional"

Is yours:
someone who goes to work in a suite, makes 6 figures, lives in a pricey big house, has luxury cars, takes exotic vacations 2x a year, shops at only the high end stores?
OR
someone who goes to work in their jeans, makes enought to pay the monthly bills, can afford their health insurance, owns a car that is reliable transportation, takes their family camping or rents a cabin up north for a week of vacation, is a bargan hunter who shops wisely by comparing prices and loves a great "sale"?

I have friends who fit both catagories above, I consider BOTH to be successful professionals in their respective fields. Both are happy, mentally /emotionally healthy, they love the life they are living. Their only difference is their "life style choice".

AFM, I have chosen to live in a happy medium of both worlds. While I do not practice extravagence, I do enjoy, what I consider to be, some of the finer things in life as well. I have and I continue to work to enjoy them.

So for me I think you need to ask yourself that question. What life style do I want to live? When you have the answer your resolve is simple. Live, join, play, and become involved in the social circles, as well as the professional circles of the type of lifestyle you want to live/lead. You know the ole saying, "bird of a feather". I hope you find what you are looking for.
 magnacare
Msg: 306 (view)

Men who arrive for the 1st date with a rose.....do women like it?
Posted: 11/22/2008 7:05:20 AM
I personally think it is a very thoughtful gesture.

My lastest, FIRST communication read: "I do not have a cell phone, and rely on a dial-up. So, I use a calling card. Would you mind calling me on your free minutes this evening?
I'm semi-retired, and lead a simple life. Henry Thoreau is my guy. So I don't spend any money on things I would rarely use. "

DELETE, as I feel if he can't "invest" in getting to know me, he's not that interested, also if he is that "tight" we would never be a good fit!
 magnacare
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 11/22/2008 6:30:18 AM
I was wondering how many of you would date someone who has kids by another relationship/marriage, but is not involved in their children’s life? I realize of course that there are legit reasons why they might not be involved. For me I see women who use their children as tools to try to control or "punish" their ex, but I also have seen men who just walk away because the relationship ended. On the flip side I have seen women who do not have custody of their children, the ex has them (and do a great job of raising them) or as of late, their parents are raising the grandchildren. For me those situations raise some serious "red flags". I was very blessed that while my ex and I could not live together, we continued to "parent" together and our children understood that while we did not physically live together, we communicated, made decisions and participated in their lives equally. We NEVER talked down about each other and while at times we disagreed privately, we presented a united front. IMO, my sons had the best of both worlds, they never had to choose between my ex and myself and usually felt comfortable chatting with either of us openly. I may get slammed here, but for me if a man has children living in the same proximity and is not involved in their lives, (barring any unusual situations) I do not get involved. I have to question their integrity and commitment to their responsibilities. So how about it guys and gals, what do you think?
 magnacare
Msg: 112 (view)

Women please tell me how to find out if a guy is lying???
Posted: 11/16/2008 12:19:39 PM
Always follow your gut instincts, if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it must be a duck! Run don't walk!
 magnacare
Msg: 29 (view)

Would Prefer to Date Someone With Animals or Without?
Posted: 11/16/2008 10:35:10 AM
DITTO for me kattific!
 magnacare
Msg: 28 (view)

Would Prefer to Date Someone With Animals or Without?
Posted: 11/16/2008 10:23:00 AM
OddAndy, I'm with you on this one. IMO there is something intrinsicly wrong with anyone who does not like animals. I would never consider dating someone who does not love animals the way I do, as I know myself, and would never be happy without at least one pet. For me my pets enrich my life, yes they are a lot of work and upkeep. But it is a lifestyle I CHOOSE to live, and would need the person in my life to be like minded. My pets are like my kids, we're a package deal, that is not open for disussion. I don't mind living alone with my pets, in fact some days I like my pets better then some people especially the ones who abuse and mutilate for the fun of it. Yes, I am a animal rescuer and volunteer. NO I am not a fanatic either. I know my pets have a place in the home they don't eat at my table or climb on my counters, jump on my guests, or goose them as they come into my home. Like my kids they were raised with and taught manners. They understand the words no, and will obey my commands. For me pets with manners is simply responsible pet ownership.

On the flip side if you are a person who chooses to not have pets for what ever reason, I think nothing less of you, it takes all kids of people to make a world, for me and my world I choose to include pet ownership. From my experience the below quotes sum up my beliefs in regards to animals, especially the last one.

"Of all the animals, man is the only one that is cruel. He is the only one that inflicts pain for the pleasure of doing it” Mark Twain

"I hold that the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man" M. Gandhi (1869-1948)

He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -- Immanuel Kant

Show ALL Forums