Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: VERY LOW OPINION OV MY SELF EVEN LOWER
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 178 (view)

VERY LOW OPINION OV MY SELF EVEN LOWER
Posted: 4/4/2018 9:39:19 AM

if they label most ads on their profile, "here's my ugly mug", they are bright enough to know. Or they think they know what others think of them, and are hoping beyond hope to find someone to tell them they are wrong about themselves.

People who fish for compliments are showing low self-esteem, not intellect. That doesn't negate my argument.

I did about 22 hours ago. No response.

What did you say to her?
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 185 (view)

Dogs are not of low honor
Posted: 4/3/2018 10:40:01 PM
The lion is dumber than the dogs, which is why he can't communicate with them. Their language is over his head.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 167 (view)

Posted: 4/3/2018 10:25:40 PM

Dude multiple people here were talking about either trying to message her or that they did message her. Ystill proved I'm right, so butthurt.

Not so fast... talking about trying to message her and actually doing it are two entirely different things. Who besides Arlo admitted he actually messaged her?
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 163 (view)

Posted: 4/3/2018 4:36:31 PM

Just because some people aren't bright enough to grasp when others are out of their league, doesn't mean they deserve to be treated rudely.

They don't deserve to be treated rudely but they shouldn't really be all that surprised when they are.

If they're not bright enough to grasp when others are out of their league, they're not going to be bright enough to anticipate how others will treat them.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 160 (view)

Posted: 4/3/2018 3:13:09 PM

Actually, my world is quite fine. I don't punch above my weight class then complain how mean these hotties that don't want me are.

Just because some people aren't bright enough to grasp when others are out of their league, doesn't mean they deserve to be treated rudely.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 147 (view)

Posted: 4/3/2018 11:56:57 AM

Maybe she was sick of people sending her messages without even reading her profile. Who knows honestly. I mean obviously it was nasty but what he is doing is also nasty really

We don't know for sure that the OP didn't read her profile. It's always possible that he thought she'd make an exception for him. He may have used poor judgment, but that's still no excuse for her rudeness. Being rude to people often comes with consequences.

If she's sick of getting attention, she should either delete her profile, or learn to accept the fact that not every person who messages her is going to be a match for her. That's just part and parcel to online dating.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 143 (view)

very low opinion of myself, now its even lower
Posted: 4/3/2018 11:25:11 AM
^^^^ You can only message her if you're a guy 44-55.

Cooldog, that's you.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 134 (view)

Posted: 4/3/2018 9:39:46 AM
This is pure speculation on my part, but it wouldn't surprise me if Pig fired off a scathing message to the woman, as well. The timing of his profile deletion would suggest this.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 130 (view)

Posted: 4/3/2018 7:50:57 AM
^^^^ Good. She deserves to get harassed. Next time, maybe she'll think twice before being cruel to a man for no reason other than that she thought she was out of his league.

The fact that he just looked at her pictures and didn't read her profile was no excuse. She didn't have to reply if she wasn't interested in him.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 109 (view)

Posted: 4/2/2018 2:14:10 PM

And PS: I think it's pretty rude to call someone a "tranny"
under any circumstance.

I agree. I didn't get the impression the woman was transgender. Except for her muscular arms and small hips (it's always possible that she's a bodybuilder), and the painted on Groucho Marx eyebrows, she looks like a woman to me.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 78 (view)

Posted: 4/1/2018 4:52:07 PM

You know what the difference between her and those who claim otherwise she is honest. But if she is a prostitute is that any different than a woman having 3 dates paid for by the man and having sex or 5 maybe cost but it would be all the same sh!t. Only thing different in the range in prices so really that would make other women who don't pay their own way or buy their own drinks at a bar high end prostitutes? No a prostitute actually would charge money not a service, of meal, dancing, a room, and whatever else you got planned. Calling ladies who have sex based on how a guy treats them is not a prostitute but really a lady who thanks very well for sh!t she receives.

Oh, excuse me. I meant to say "meal wh0re".
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 5 (view)

My profile needs help!
Posted: 4/1/2018 3:30:10 PM
OP, you have two different profiles? Having more than one profile is against POF's Terms of Service, and can result in your getting both accounts terminated. I'd suggest you delete one of your profiles.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 75 (view)

Posted: 4/1/2018 3:03:11 PM

7, no one who can’t afford a meal out or expect a woman to go Dutch, I have old fashioned values and believe a man should always look after the lady, on nights out and weekends away, you get back what you put in, in other ways guys;-)

That is just wrong, and I am not going to go there. Now or ever. Yes, it is very often true, but it is NOT something you’re supposed to advertise. And when you see a woman advertising it, you know, positively, that she has no class.

At least she's honest about being a low-level prostitute. You can say what you want about her, but you can't fault her for her honesty.

Yes, she’s attractive, I would take her out and attempt to boff her brains out. But I would never “date” her, if you get my drift.

Too bad you can't contact her to find out if she'd let you do either. It would have been an interesting story.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 3 (view)

BEWARE OF RIGGO67 IN PRINCE GEORGE, VA
Posted: 3/31/2018 8:08:42 PM
I'd lay odds there's another woman in the picture. He's either still married, or living with someone, and is unable to keep the plans he makes with you. His repeatedly canceling plans at the last minute is your biggest tip-off.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 662 (view)

Post your unpopular opinions here
Posted: 3/31/2018 3:12:52 PM
It bugs me to see incorrect apostrophe usage. 20's, 30's, 40's should be 20s, 30s, 40s---no apostrophe necessary. Better yet, just spell it out---twenties, thirties, forties.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 2 (view)

My profile needs help!
Posted: 3/31/2018 12:32:49 PM
I don't like the hat you're wearing in your main photo, and the last two, but this is only my opinion. The last photo makes you look goofy. I'd suggest using the second or third pic for your main. I think your overall profile is appealing.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 137 (view)

I Don't Date Muslim, Jewish, or Black Men
Posted: 3/31/2018 11:22:35 AM
I'm going to re-post the link to a thread concerning this topic, because not everyone is in agreement that POF can be successfully sued for deletion of profiles. It's a free site, after all.

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16448192.aspx

If you pay for an upgraded membership, you might have some legal recourse, although you do have to agree to the Terms of Service, which is designed to absolve POF of any legal responsibility for terminating your profile.

TERMINATION OF ACCESS TO SERVICE
We may, in our sole discretion, terminate or suspend Your access to all or part of the Service at any time, with or without notice, for any reason, including, without limitation, breach of this Agreement. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, any fraudulent, abusive, or otherwise illegal activity that may otherwise affect the enjoyment of the Service or the Internet by others may be grounds for termination of Your access to all or part of the Service at our sole discretion, and You may be referred to appropriate law enforcement agencies.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 35 (view)

Posted: 3/30/2018 1:30:28 PM
OP, I read her profile, as well. She's a nasty, self-entitled, gold-digging **** for sure---but on the other hand, she did warn you in her profile that she wasn't interested in men who couldn't take rejection:

5, men who can’t take rejection! Yup I’ve had all the insults now, and it doesn’t bother me what you say when I tell you your not my type! Accept it and be graceful please

If you have low self-esteem, this should have been a clue to you that she was not right for you, and that you shouldn't contact her. My advice to you is that in the future, you take the time to read profiles very carefully, and steer clear of contacting women whose criteria you don't meet.

In the meantime, I think you need to remove the screenshot from your profile. It can result in your profile being deleted by POF admin. Last but not least, you need to work on raising your self-esteem.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 117 (view)

Posted: 3/29/2018 2:20:37 PM
Here's OP’s own thread from 2015. I have to wonder why he got so testy with me over the Muslim thing, since he once brought it up himself:
https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16442287.aspx

If he had half the intellect and education he claims, he would know how to do a thread search, and not post about a redundant topic that's already been done to death:

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts15133603.aspx
https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts11020714.aspx
https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts15980512.aspx
https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts15357086.aspx
https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts14156417.aspx
https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts4691272.aspx
https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts15610667.aspx
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 112 (view)

Posted: 3/29/2018 11:32:39 AM

As I said. Intolerantly arrogant.

I can tolerate arrogance from a man--especially one as dumb and clueless as this putz. In fact, I find it amusing that he's now taking the passive-aggressive route by responding to your post and using it to get in another dig at me, rather than addressing me directly. He's very transparent.

OP, you do know what they say about people who live in glass houses, no?

vvvvv EDIT TO BELOW: I see he's still trying tenaciously to get my attention, rather than ignoring me as he said he would. I must be taking up an awful lot of rent-free space in his head. Pathetic.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 109 (view)

Posted: 3/29/2018 8:43:54 AM

There is a difference between POF's main rules and Moderator's personal opinion. Lacking of understanding this basic concept means poor IQ.

Again, all of the above paragraphs have nothing to do for a simple question in the main post. Many wise women here said their opinions and just left.

Why did I keep communicating with you for a while via back and forth thread?

I just wanted to analyze your character. Nothing else, nothing more. I studied organizational behavior.

Now, I got what I want. You will not find a single reply from me on your threads anymore.

I'm predicting that this isn't the last I'll hear from you, because you have to have the last word. You're losing the argument, so you're going to trot out the old "you're a stupid old broad" shtick, because you have nothing intelligent to contribute to the conversation.

One of your biggest issues is that you're stubborn and think you're smarter than you really are. You obviously don't listen to what people tell you, and you don't retain information. Your mind is like a funnel, where the knowledge goes into the top, and leaks out from the hole in the bottom. You've been informed by three different people that have been posting here much longer than you, that getting too many blocks will cause your account to be deleted---yet you still aren't getting it.

The moderators were fully trained on POF's TOS, and knew how the system worked. They weren't merely offering their opinions. You've been informed by several women why putting in their profiles that they don't date Muslim, Jewish or Black men wasn't a good idea, and the reasons why. All you want to do is argue with people who disagree with you, and tell them they're wrong.

It doesn't matter what you studied in school, when you don't retain the knowledge. You can take as many courses on organizational behavior as you like, and you will still never be good at the subject. You're not able to read people accurately, and that's another one of your biggest problems.

You started an entire thread about women offering you the excuse they don't date certain races or religions, when the real reason they're rejecting you in all likelihood has very little to do with that. I daresay it's your other shortcomings that are the real reason behind women's lack of interest in you.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 102 (view)

Posted: 3/28/2018 9:20:21 PM

Ma`am, I am confident my education and scope of reading are much higher than yours. If you read 1 book in public administration, you will get what I was talking about. I am talking with a level of language higher than yous.(sic)

I am confident they are not. Being highly educated is not about what you were taught in school. It’s about what you actually learned. I’d go so far as to say that most posters here without college degrees are better educated than you. Your reading comprehension skills are extremely poor---you continue to accuse me of saying things I didn't say, even after I pointed your errors out to you. You’re repeatedly misunderstanding my meanings---yet other posters here have no difficulties understanding me.

You came here on this thread with no specific goal.

Since when was having a goal necessary to post here? Many of us don’t post in these forums for any reason other than the entertainment value they provide.

Once you personalized things and reading my minds and intentions.

Any person who comes into these forums and starts a thread, is subject to being judged and analyzed. Other posters are going to offer their opinions based on their own experiences. That’s pretty much how these forums work. If you can’t accept other people’s points of view without getting contentious with them when they disagree with you, you’re too thin-skinned to be here.

Another time you claimed you explained something you did not.

I explained it just fine. You just didn’t comprehend my explanation. Or if you did comprehend it, you pretended that you didn’t, because then you’d have to admit that I could be right.

Then, you could not differentiate between POF's rules and personal opinion.

I’m fully familiar with POF’s rules and terms of service. I’ve been here since 2009; these rules have been explained repeatedly by moderators and others who’ve been posting in the forums far longer than I have.

You claimed wasting here time and still putting down some threads. I feel I am talking to a teenager rather than a woman in her 50s or someone under the influence.

Again, you’re making zero sense. I might as well be carrying on a conversation with a toddler. It’s no surprise that women are being forced to block you. Your anger is becoming increasingly apparent in your posts. Being Muslim is the least of your concerns.

Women are rejecting you because you want to argue with them. Rather than understanding that their silence means they’re not interested in you, you're sending them aggressive follow-up messages. You need to develop your interpersonal skills and get a grip on your anger issues, or you’ll never have any success with women. Period.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 97 (view)

Posted: 3/28/2018 5:49:41 PM

Very funny, you wanted me to search for your a hallucinating idea about blocking people, and on the other hand, you did not search for my what I said yourself.

I'm not trying to be funny. I honestly don't think you have a good command of the English Language, because you're not making any sense.

I am sorry, life is too short to advice someone in your age. If the life did not teach you a lesson for not wasting your time replying people you do not care about, then sorry, your age is growing faster than your thinking.

How is not blocking someone wasting my time? I ignore, not block. And what does my age have to do with it? Again, you 're not making any sense. The more you talk, the less sense you make.

Please read any public administration book. Any book and come and discuss with me.

Learn then discuss.

Please go back to school and improve your literacy and grasp of the English Language, and I'll be happy to.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 95 (view)

Posted: 3/28/2018 5:09:24 PM
^^^^ The link I provided above isn't working, but you can do your own thread search by going to the home page and typing the word block next to Thread Title, then clicking search. It will pull up all the threads on blocking.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 94 (view)

Posted: 3/28/2018 4:52:22 PM

No ma`am, I can. There are your words from your previous post. Unless you suggest other women to behave in a way, you do not apply.

Me:

For example, if a woman receives a message from a man she isn't interested in, and she politely tells him, "Thanks for your interest, but we're not a match. Best of luck in your search."

Nice try, but the post of mine that you quoted was not made in reference to myself. Anyone with half a brain could figure out that "a woman" means women in general. If I were speaking specifically about myself, I would have used "I".

Go back and re-read message 55, and you’ll clearly see where I stated, “My opinion is that it's better to not respond to messages from people with whom you are not interested.”

Now again,

Could you please show me and everyone else, in which thread you explained the source of getting the idea of blocking a person would lead to delete an account. Since you never mentioned it before and you will never show us.

I was informed by a former moderator that this was the case---however, he is no longer here. If you want answers, you’ll have to do your own research like everyone else. Here’s a link to dozens of posts on the subject of blocking:

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/search.aspx

How did you arrive at this brilliant piece of logic?

Because this the logical thinking ma`am. Time is so valuable to waste it on something or someone we do not need.

This is not logical thinking--it’s a circular argument based on your opinion. You’re not providing any support for your premise that professionals block--as opposed to simply ignoring or responding with a polite “Thanks, but no thanks” to people they’re not interested in.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 89 (view)

Posted: 3/28/2018 1:39:09 PM

If you want to reply someone back, in which you are not interested, good for you. You may have time, and no other work to do.

Please re-read back through my posts in this thread, and tell me where I stated that I replied to someone with whom I wasn't interested. You can't, because I never said that. What I said was that I didn't reply. Reading comprehension obviously isn't your strong suit.

Professional people usually do not waste their time, and simply block.

How did you arrive at this brilliant piece of logic?
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 84 (view)

Posted: 3/28/2018 9:57:04 AM

I will be more than happy to see where you mentioned before blocking people would lead to delete an account.

I mentioned it in message 63.

Who on earth told you blocking people is going to delete your account or someone else account?

If that was true, why blocking is an option is first place? Why POF made it an option ma`am? Do you really think before typing down a reply?

Perhaps you should go back to the school where you earned your degree, and ask for a refund. Blocking was put into place to stop people from being harassed. For example, if a woman receives a message from a man she isn't interested in, and she politely tells him, "Thanks for your interest, but we're not a match. Best of luck in your search." and he comes back with a nasty message to her, saying, "I wasn't interested in a fat ***** like you, anyway.", that's the time for her to use the block feature. It wasn't designed as a screening tool to use just because one isn't interested in another person.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 82 (view)

Posted: 3/28/2018 8:20:18 AM

Since you could not answer me, you wanted to swerve the topic to another direction and personalize it. Very poor attitude. If you studied organizational behavior, you might find a better way and understand what I am talking about.

I did answer you, as did many other posters. You're just too obtuse to accept people's explanations. I had already explained to you why blocking was a bad idea---it can get someone's account deleted.

Au contraire, is you with the poor attitude. If you already have all the answers, then there was no reason to start this thread and waste people's time.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 76 (view)

Posted: 3/27/2018 7:10:31 PM

Look at my original post then, you will see I said, "I just wish if they could be clear about it in their profiles, so we do not bother and waste our time reading their profiles or messaging them."

Did you really think I meant every woman types down every single religion, race, or background she does not feel comfortable with? Do you know how many religions around the world?

Nope. I think you want women to specifically state in their profiles if they don't date Muslim men. That's really what this is all about, isn't it?

You only threw "Jewish" and "Black" into the equation so it wouldn't appear so obvious that you think women are wasting your time and dismissing you because you're Muslim.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 72 (view)

Posted: 3/27/2018 3:35:11 PM

I think it's okay to say that you only date people who share your same religion. I also think it's okay to say that you only want to date non-religious people if you're non-religious. What I think is rude is to specifically state in your profile that you don't date Muslim, Jewish, or Black people.

You agree with me then, because that is basically what I said.

Not exactly. Again, I don't think people should say in their profiles that they won't date people of a certain religion or ethnic group. Therefore, I disagree with this statement from your original post:

I just wish if they could be clear about it in their profiles, so we do not bother and waste our time reading their profiles or messaging them.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 2 (view)

CATIFISH
Posted: 3/27/2018 11:32:43 AM
He wasn't this guy, by any chance?

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2014/02/06/the_cost_of_love_alleged_fraudster_leaves_broken_hearts_empty_bank_accounts.html
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 634 (view)

Posted: 3/27/2018 10:39:13 AM

It would appear that way when taken out of context. For instance, Fact Check shows how it was taken out of context and then repeated as happens when people "play telephone" . https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/oprah-winfrey-old-white-people-have-to-die

Here's her video. You can draw your own conclusions, but my opinion of her still stands:

https://downtrend.com/donn-marten/premature-o-gasm-video-emerges-of-oprah-wishing-for-old-white-people-to-die/
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 103 (view)

Who Is Too Young or Too Old for You to Date?
Posted: 3/27/2018 10:00:21 AM

Hand on heart, that was about 12 years ago, I still have a FREE supply of ''kit'' from the UK NHS, so at 71, I am still firing for 60minutes, solid +My wife passed away 3 years ago.
Life is pretty good right now, especitally now that ladies find out my staying time, some put their legs up me, they have large tits, and when I stop, out of puff, they lock their feet behind my head, and say either ''stay in'' or ''don't come out.'' May God strike me dead if I have lied, exaggerated, anything above. Good luck guys.

Perhaps it's your memory, rather than your sexual stamina that's starting to wane. You appear to be confused about your age, since your profile states you are 63 --- not 71.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 631 (view)

Posted: 3/27/2018 9:43:51 AM
I think Oprah is racist. She made some statements implying that in order for racism to come to an end, old white people had to die.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 63 (view)

Posted: 3/26/2018 11:12:47 PM

You are making a huge deal from nothing. For example, When Jehovah Witness's woman says politely she does not date outside or her religion, how that could be rude?

I think it's okay to say that you only date people who share your same religion. I also think it's okay to say that you only want to date non-religious people if you're non-religious. What I think is rude is to specifically state in your profile that you don't date Muslim, Jewish, or Black people.

You have the right for responding the messages in the way that makes your comfortable. However, a polite response or blocking the man, is much better than not responding at all.

The way that makes me comfortable is not to respond to people with whom I have no interest. No response is a response. It means the woman is not interested. Also, if a man gets too many blocks, his profile will be deleted by POF administration.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 17 (view)

Why would my ex girlfriend agree to coffee and not follow through
Posted: 3/26/2018 11:20:24 AM

I guess my question is why would she have the nerve to accept a meetup and just not follow through?

You claimed in your first thread that she had a habit of drunk texting you at 3 am. It's possible that she might have been drunk when she accepted your invitation to meet for coffee. Later on after she sobered up, she likely changed her mind and decided she didn't want to lead you on any further, so she cut contact with you.

If she ever drunk texts you again in a moment of weakness, don't reply. She just wants to keep you on the back-burner. As others have suggested, you need to sever all ties with her, and start looking for other women.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 55 (view)

Posted: 3/26/2018 8:18:25 AM

Give me a break. I did not ask for medical lab results, or history of social life, rather than one simple question about if you are open to dating outside or race or not.

If that is too much for you, then okay.

It isn't a simple question---it's a loaded one. It's considered rude, or at the very least, politically incorrect for a person of either sex to put in their profile that they won't date certain races or certain religions. To do so only opens the person up for harassment.

The women who are telling you they won't date Muslims are opening themselves up for being cross-examined. My opinion is that it's better to not respond to messages from people with whom you are not interested. Nobody owes anyone else an explanation for why they're not interested. It doesn't matter what the reason is.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 49 (view)

Posted: 3/26/2018 12:21:29 AM

I just wish if they could be clear about it in their profiles, so we do not bother and waste our time reading their profiles or messaging them.

Am I asking too much out of these women?

Yes, you are asking too much. Are there not certain women that you would be unwilling to date?

For example, would you date women with missing front teeth, severe acne, or who are morbidly obese? If you wouldn't date these women, why are you not clear about this in your profile? Think about it for a minute.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 29 (view)

OVER 60 SCAMMER?????
Posted: 3/18/2018 2:15:58 PM

Any person who brags about their inability to be fooled, is simply advertising to a decent scammer to use a different strategy. If you engage with a scammer, they'll almost always win.

It's moot point anyway, since the "scammer" in question stopped engaging with the OP. But for whatever it's worth, I've never been victimized by any scammers. It could be they never engaged with me because they didn't view me as an easy target.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 25 (view)

OVER 60 SCAMMER?????
Posted: 3/17/2018 5:19:57 PM
^^^^ I have some questions in mind that aren't found on Google. It would be very easy for me to trip up a man falsely posing as an airline pilot.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 115 (view)

Would you end contact with someone due to unrequited like?
Posted: 3/16/2018 9:36:12 AM

I am 62 yrs old and she is 57. Is physical attraction still important at these ages ?

Nope. After age 60, we all become blind as bats. You can let your teeth fall out and develop a huge gut, and women will still be beating a path to your doorway.

(kidding)
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 232 (view)

Instant turn aways
Posted: 3/15/2018 9:03:24 PM

I go to the supermarket, women with large breasts never approach me in the produce dept. and say, " I bet you'd like to check out THESE melons."

Do you ever get any full moons?
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 221 (view)

Instant turn aways
Posted: 3/14/2018 10:19:19 AM

Many women - like myself - are rejected prior to any approaching. A man's eyes scan the bar and pass right over me.

If one is in a public place, such as a bar, and one establishes eye contact with a person and smiles at them, only to have that person roll their eyes and look away, that could be construed as rejection. If one never establishes eye contact with the other person at all, that's not necessarily rejection, in my opinion.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 215 (view)

Instant turn aways
Posted: 3/13/2018 10:56:58 AM

You are missing something important here, HS.

Men are expected to do the approaching, the initiating, the pursuit if you will. Which leads to a LOT of rejection. Unless, of course, you look like Brad Pitt, but let’s not go there. So men are expected to approach, and risk rejection. Over and over again. Realistically, the great majority of approaches by men to women are rejected. And it does hurt, it is most definitely not fun. Not at all. But men are expected to “suck it up”, to “shake off the pain”, to “get back in there and try again”.

Just because many women don't do the initial approaching, doesn't mean they don't face rejection. They can be rejected at any point after the first meet.

So men help out their buddies by saying things like, “No matter how hot she is, she’s single because some guy got tired of her bullshit.” Women basically don’t need that kind of encouragement because they are not the ones risking the rejection.

That platitude is primarily meant for less attractive men. The truth is that the more attractive a man is, the less he will face rejection--regardless of whether or not he initiates the approach/contact.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 219 (view)

Why are there so many crazy women in this world?
Posted: 3/12/2018 9:55:43 AM

I had a mutual match and after a couple of text messages gave her my number and said when you feel like a talk call me and after two days she did we was chatting then she said there's someone at the door can I call you back and I said yes , well I never got that call back so three days later I clicked on her photo and a message came up that she had blocked me surely she could have just text me she was not interested or made some excuse , it's called respect . So glad it never amounted to anything with someone like that no wonder she has been on the site for years.

One can only speculate why she was turned off, but due to the abrupt way she cut off the conversation, my guess is that she was put off by the sound of your voice, or your grammar. If that's the case, she probably thought it would be too awkward to tell you that, so she took the easy way out.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 94 (view)

Who Is Too Young or Too Old for You to Date?
Posted: 3/12/2018 9:38:52 AM

And reading what has followed this, he's getting tag teamed and not in a good way...

I'd lay odds he's been rejected by women all his adult life--even when he was in his prime. He's bitter, and it shows.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 205 (view)

Instant turn aways
Posted: 3/12/2018 8:59:07 AM

In the end, sometimes getting turned down is a good thing. Like the classic line, "no matter how hot she is, she's single b/c some guy got sick of BS".

Sour grapes. It works both ways. She can be single because she got sick of his BS.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 399 (view)

when its raining men, let a smile be your umbrella
Posted: 3/12/2018 8:50:41 AM
https://forums.plentyoffish.com/14846338datingPostpage7.aspx

Message 164. I'm surprised he got away with that.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 6 (view)

Okay, I'll play... Can you review my profile?
Posted: 3/10/2018 8:59:00 PM
I'd leave out the part about having your daughters every other weekend. It's TMI.

Also, your main photo and the last photo in the red shirt aren't flattering---for some reason, they make you appear overweight. The second photo in the dark shirt does you more justice.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 391 (view)

What is it with 50+ women and wanting to stay single???
Posted: 3/10/2018 8:34:26 PM

IF ( and so far I havent) find a Lady,Thats interested,in me,not material things,i will probably ask her to marry me. so far,nobody meets MY qualifications.,,look into yourselves Ladies,and as yourself, is the old goat frog,a PRINCE IN DISCUISE???????

If the old (unlettered) goat frog you're prattling on and on about is yourself, I seriously doubt it.

Show ALL Forums