Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: 34 year old and fancy a 53 year old, but she takes ages to text
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 66 (view)

34 year old and fancy a 53 year old, but she takes ages to text
Posted: 1/15/2018 12:12:23 PM
^^^^ Nope. Didn't misread it, but I should have only quoted the one sentence which I was responding to, so I changed my quote to only include that one sentence. I'm assuming "do the work" means the same thing as "do the pursuing".
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 64 (view)

Posted: 1/15/2018 11:58:37 AM

But the secret is, we have to do the work.

Stop saying "we" when you actually mean "you". You can't speak for all men---only yourself, and perhaps some men in your immediate social circle. The truth of the matter is that the more physically attractive the man, the less he'll have to chase. The same goes for wealthy/powerful men, including public figures.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 48 (view)

Is my Boyfriend gay and in denial or am i paranoid?
Posted: 1/14/2018 3:10:09 PM

Now in your case, yes, everyone here knows how important that is to you. I am not trying to pick a fight, but you have never made a secret of this. We all remember when you were involved in a cat fight with another woman here. She was attacking you for dating someone quite a bit older. Your primary rebuttal was, “He has a flat stomach.”

Sorry Henry, but it seems to me that you are trying to pick a fight. First of all, a ten year age gap is not "quite a bit older"---at least not in our age group. Secondly, I think the woman you're referring to was trying to disparage me by saying my guy's older than he actually is. It was intended as a way to put down his physical appearance more so than his age.

If you've ever watched the reality show entitled "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills", you'll see several women married to men almost old enough to be their fathers. That more accurately constitutes "quite a bit older" in my book.

Also, I don't recall saying my guy had a "flat stomach"---only that he was in good shape. Yes, a fit partner is important to me---I make no apologies for that. It's a lifestyle choice that's compatible with my own.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 163 (view)

Why did he ghost me? Cowards way out?
Posted: 1/14/2018 1:47:24 PM

I'll tell you what else is common, and that's men and women who make "curtain calls". In other words, they seemingly disappear from your life, only to resurface weeks, months, or even years later.

True. They will often claim that they were sick, had a family matter to deal with, were away for an extended period of time etc. If these things were actually true and someone needed to take a temporary break from dating, they could have sent an text/email stating that. What is more likely is they were dating someone else and it didn't work out. They are going to their second or third option.

I agree that they usually come back because they were dating someone else (their first choice), and it didn't work out. That's why I wouldn't advise taking back these "ghosters", who later resurface. They'll continue looking for the "bigger, better deal", because they already found it once.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 44 (view)

Posted: 1/14/2018 1:23:57 PM

Out in the real world, most men take one look at my size and decide to pick on an easier target. Yes, it does hurt me in the dating world. I am attracted to the few women in my age range who are still attractive, and most of those women are dating younger men. Because they can, and I don’t blame them one bit.

Henry, what hurts you? Your age or your size? You're talking about size in the first two sentences, and age in the second two. They're two separate issues. There are plenty of attractive women out there willing to date older men. Some of them will only date men who are not overweight, but that really has nothing to do with age.

Being older is not synonymous with being overweight. You will also find some attractive women who don't mind extra weight on a man, as long as he has other qualities that they deem to be more important.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 41 (view)

Posted: 1/14/2018 10:14:50 AM

first of all I want to say thank you all for all your advice and responses.. well he is indeed gay but in the closet.. these past few weeks have been hard to say the least.. I thought he was the love of my life but I was wrong.... i'm going to stay off dating for a while.. once gain thank you all..

OP, as I said before, you should trust your instincts. They usually turn out to be correct--especially in cases such as this one. When you're ready to date again, you'll eventually meet a man who's more suitable. Good luck.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 7 (view)

Are my hobbies too male-dominated?
Posted: 1/14/2018 9:56:18 AM

Perhaps you prefer the company of men. You don't have to date ya know.

Obviously the OP is into women, and wants to meet and date them. Just because you aren't interested in dating doesn't mean he feels the same way.

OP, I suggest that you describe in your profile some fun activities you'd like to share with a woman on your dates. I'm sure you can think of several things that both you and the woman could enjoy doing together.

By the way, lots of women enjoy playing pool and swimming.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 137 (view)

Posted: 1/11/2018 10:38:17 AM
I've also heard it called the "slow fade".

I'll tell you what else is common, and that's men and women who make "curtain calls". In other words, they seemingly disappear from your life, only to resurface weeks, months, or even years later.

That's when you have to make the decision whether or not to let them back into it.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 51 (view)

Posted: 1/11/2018 10:27:47 AM

I will not continue pursuing this lady. It's pointless- but I will go to my appointment next week and see what's said.... If nothing is said well, nothing will happen!

OP, at this juncture, I think that's the best course of action for you to take.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 127 (view)

Posted: 1/10/2018 8:51:54 AM
Slowhand324:

And the fix takes even less than 20 seconds. Send a polite response - because that's how you were raised - and click the 'Block User' button. No possible abuse.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is if you send a polite response and then immediately block the person, your message gets erased, so it wouldn't be read, anyway.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 682 (view)

Am I being made to feel less than human...thread gone wild!
Posted: 1/10/2018 8:35:37 AM

While you're at it, look up the Sybian machine. If you're going to dream, then go for the gusto!!!

You're starting to sound like Clooneys.

Did you buy yourself a RealDoll™, yet? ;-)
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 370 (view)

Post your unpopular opinions here.
Posted: 1/10/2018 8:27:13 AM

Different sense of humor. One that doesn't require gratuitous unkindness.

My life is actually pretty good. Which Is why I don't need that kind of humor.

Oh, but indeed you do need that kind of humor, you sanctimonious tw@t.

Also, people who have a good life don't need to brag to others about how good it is. They're busy living it.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 6 (view)

Dating
Posted: 1/9/2018 5:16:22 PM

I would say, you should OFFER to pick up the tab. And say it like you mean it. But do not push too hard.

I think the OP should tell the guy it's her treat before he agrees to the date. But don't just say it like you mean it. Say it if you actually do mean it.

I agree with the part about not pushing too hard, assuming the guy indicates that he wants to pay.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 113 (view)

Posted: 1/9/2018 5:01:17 PM

Seriously, how hard is it to take 30 seconds for a response like "Thanx for reaching out! I don't feel we are a good match, but take care and good luck!"

Years ago, when I was new to online dating, I felt same way as you---but after being insulted and harassed one too many times by men responding negatively to my polite turn-downs, I stopped replying to messages from men I wasn't interested in.

Wow, that only took 20 seconds - to respond to someone who put themselves out there and expressed interest in you. What kind of Kardashianesque princess is so self-absorbed that they forget human kindness and decency when they're online? Lol.

It's not self-absorption---it's self-preservation from verbal abuse.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 3 (view)

Dating
Posted: 1/9/2018 4:32:51 PM
I second Kj521. You should ask him out. Just make sure YOU pick up the tab.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 1154 (view)

Have you seen the Swamp Donkey guy lately?
Posted: 1/9/2018 4:23:14 PM
Nope, I haven't seen Glenn Whitter, or anyone who might possibly be him.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 20 (view)

How do I convert Meet-Me's to actual sincere responses?
Posted: 1/7/2018 8:32:05 PM
Perhaps one of the reasons you're having trouble meeting "quality" men is because they think you're misrepresenting yourself. Good selfies are easy to take with today's technology.

Your photos are all from 2011-2015, with the newest being over 3 years old. You need some flattering new pictures that are reflective of your current appearance.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 9 (view)

Profile Review
Posted: 1/7/2018 7:45:52 PM
OP, you should definitely keep the second part of your profile. I think it's funny.

If a woman is offended by your sense of humor, she's not going to be a good match for you.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 363 (view)

Posted: 1/7/2018 6:59:56 PM

Halcyon
Are you trans-gendered?

No, but with that "man chin" and wig, I was wondering the same thing about you.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 29 (view)

Posted: 1/7/2018 2:45:06 PM

I want to tell you something because you have been asking me questions and I said what is it and then he said i'm not attracted to women's bodies and then I said what do you mean exactly by that and then he said well when I look at a woman I don't get hard like any other guys for example if I go to strip clubs I don't feel anything

This would be a deal-breaker for me, personally. I wouldn't want to be with a guy if he wasn't turned on by my body---I don't care whether he loved me or not.

I love this boy so much but I don’t want to waste my time with someone that is a closet gay and I don't want end up being married to someone that is living a lie and I think it will unfair to both me and him.....

OP, I think that you should trust your instincts.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 8 (view)

My Cats are C*ck-Blocking Me
Posted: 1/5/2018 8:32:02 PM
I have two cats. When I was single and looking, I'd occasionally get contacted by men who'd tell me, "It's not that I dislike cats; I'm just allergic to them."

I can't imagine why they thought that would make any difference to me. I'd be no more apt to get rid of my cats for men with cat allergies than I would for men who disliked cats. Either way, we wouldn't be a match.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 358 (view)

Posted: 1/5/2018 10:07:32 AM

You got issues and have to get into my face about special laws you need?

How have transgendered people gotten into your face?

Were you accosted by one in the men's room while you were at the urinal?
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 11 (view)

Profile Review
Posted: 1/4/2018 8:00:41 AM
If you're going to use the word, "eclectic" in your profile, at least spell it correctly. You might want to run your entire profile through a spell checker. Capitalize words where needed. Since you've recently earned your college degree, you do want to come across as well-educated. Correct?
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 166 (view)

trough feeding
Posted: 1/3/2018 10:52:24 AM

Miss Piggy, who you bear a striking resemblance to, is that all you've got? I'm not interested in wallowing in your mud hole with you, but feel free to carry on https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:MissPiggy.jpg#mw-jump-to-license

You need to get with the times. After Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy broke up, he now has his eye on a New Porker:

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/4d/c2/bf/4dc2bff9f4234f889fa25bcc9f90fe9c--miss-piggy-wicked-witch.jpg
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 42 (view)

Lonely men
Posted: 1/2/2018 8:48:50 PM

So, you're saying that any man who asks you out must be pretty desperate. Oh, man, HS is gonna ream you on that one...

Arlo, I'm not feeding into your need to argue. You have Miss Piggy 🐷 all to yourself, enjoy!

Miss Piggy is a better catch than New Porker. At least Miss Piggy doesn't try to hide her weight gain by posting a main pic that's almost 18 years old and can be looked up with a simple reverse image search.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 35 (view)

Advice needed on chatting up a woman I like (from a female perspective)
Posted: 1/2/2018 11:20:34 AM

There has been a bit of a development. The original house I bought is rented out to my sister, I am fortunate to own a few properties so rented it out very cheaply to her as she was in need. Anyway , this woman that I like just 3 doors down, found out through another neighbour that my sister has a 4 year old autistic son.

She stopped my sister in the street to ask her about this as it turns out her child also has similar problems. My sister said to her 'it's very difficult especially as a single parent' and this woman told her that she is in the same position. So at least I now know this woman is single! She and my sister said they will try and help each other out when they can.

Now I will take the very helpful advice from 'whosmeow' and a couple others and try and get to know this woman slowly over a period of time and see how it goes.

I wouldn't get your hopes up too high, though. She, in all likelihood, will only think of you as a platonic friend. I know if I were in her shoes, I would find it awkward if of one of my new friends had a brother who was showing romantic interest in me---even if I thought he was really hot.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 13 (view)

New person looks like an ex.....
Posted: 1/1/2018 8:18:47 PM
If you didn't want to be reminded of your ex, why did you choose this new guy who resembles him?

Did you just want to prove to your ex how easily he could be replaced?
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 162 (view)

cave dwelling
Posted: 1/1/2018 11:16:53 AM
Cyndi, that's a beautiful new picture.

Happy New Year!
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 300 (view)

Do you hide your political affiliation on dates?
Posted: 12/31/2017 1:04:15 PM

A lie is not a lie is not a lie. This statement is basic common sense. That statement in theory Encourages others to lie, and Jesus-H, we all hate some of these lies that occur -- it's frustrating.

I concur, especially when the person doing the lying / misrepresentation is also a hypocrite. That compounds the frustration even more.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 43 (view)

boyfriend stood me up Christmas Day
Posted: 12/30/2017 10:30:35 PM
OP, no, you're not being childish. It's time to put the freeze on this relationship.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 157 (view)

cave dwelling
Posted: 12/30/2017 7:44:36 PM

HS, I don't mirror your problem with dating men, where you latched onto this poor guy like a pitbull on a porkchop You're a faker. You live off the old man and then pretend you don't to not anger the mgtow group. You detest women that are independent of men and solely enjoy their companionship, while you labor away in servitude to a man you probably resent, but that's your problem for making that life choice. I don't care that you suck old man balls and you're picking gray hair out between your teeth. If you enjoy it, that's all that matters, but obviously you're miserable. You want to use a man, then resent him and other women that don't feel compelled to do the same.

NewYorker58, your green is showing, and it's not a becoming color on you. My guy is not an old man---he's 69. You, on the other hand, have your upper age parameter in your profile set at age 72--which means you'd be willing to date a man up to 13 years older than you. You're "independent" because no man will have you. Why? Because they can sense that you really don't like men, plus, they can smell a gold-digger like you a mile away.

Unlike me, you don't work to support yourself. It's obvious to any man that reads your profile, that you're "retired" because you're living on alimony from your ex-husband, and are unwilling to give that up---unless by some miracle, you can find some schmuck willing to subsidize you. Good luck with that, with those thunder thighs and that Spanish moss hanging off your head that looks like it hasn't been washed in eons.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 150 (view)

cave dwelling
Posted: 12/29/2017 3:51:39 PM

LH probably burst into flames the day Trump got elected. (ROFLMAO)

I hear she's alive and well over at OKStupid.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 177 (view)

Dating sure has changed , shallow women
Posted: 12/29/2017 1:43:30 PM

ON EDIT: what’s with this crud about “childless”? Get over yourself. If you don’t like kids, a lot of women are going to think there is something fundamentally wrong with you. At the very least, be open to babysitters. You have heard of babysitters, right?

Henry, in all fairness to him, not all women have kids or desire to be parents. I never had children, and I purposely seeked out men who didn't have children, or whose children were grown and had already left the nest.

Not everyone is cut out for parenthood (or wants to parent someone else's kids), so I'm not going to condemn a man for wanting to date child-free women.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 147 (view)

cave dwelling
Posted: 12/29/2017 9:42:38 AM

You have nothing to say to HS with her unprovoked attacks on me, why is that?

Because they're not unprovoked. If you disparage someone else's looks, that makes you fair game. See how that works?

Oh that's right, that's your internet bullying friend, meanwhile the both of you are pretending to be here for the forums while you're still scouting out other men. I guess you're not enjoying riding in the B!TCH seat with your bf, lol.

I think your problem is that you're resentful toward those of us women who have a man in our lives, so you feel the need to get personal and put down our relationships whenever one of us disagrees with you about something. If anyone is being a B!TCH, it's you.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 139 (view)

Spluging
Posted: 12/28/2017 11:26:23 PM

Doubtful. I was no fan of LH but I will readily say she was (is?) an attractive, in shape, athletic woman for her age and even if she were to make a profile in jest I believe she would be a bit choosier with photos and content. Kathleen was more than a bit on the narcissistic side.

Furthermore even if she decided to troll all of POF forum land I don't believe for a moment that she would have the spelling, grammar, and comprehension errors that your comments often contain. I think it would be offensive to her. Those who interacted with her will know exactly where I am coming from with that statement.

Ain't that the truth. I remember that LH had her share of faults---but a lack of literacy/reading comprehension skills wasn't one of them. She was also truthful about her fitness level, and always posted current photos of herself. I recall her as having a slim, athletic body type, with not an ounce of fat on her.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 218 (view)

DATING OVER 60
Posted: 12/28/2017 9:09:55 AM
I hate to talk on the phone. When I was dating, I would try to arrange a meeting via e-mail, and skip the phone chat altogether. If a man couldn't manage to string a few sentences together online, there wouldn't be a meeting.

My partner and I met without a single phone conversation. The phone calls came later, after we agreed to see each other again.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 19 (view)

Date cancellation
Posted: 12/27/2017 8:50:03 PM
The fact that he'd cancel on you at the last minute, not once, but twice, signifies that he thinks his time is more valuable than yours. That was very disrespectful of him.

I suspect there's another woman in the picture. If I were in your shoes, I would not give him a third chance.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 153 (view)

Dating sure has changed , shallow women
Posted: 12/27/2017 12:20:48 PM

if you’re with the right person you will have enough “me time”.

I have found this to be true.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 28 (view)

Dinner Dates - One & Done - Feasable...?
Posted: 12/26/2017 9:50:54 AM

It might depend on the airport. But many of the restaurants and bars at airports are located past security checkpoints. I wouldn't want to deal with that just to possibly have an "one and done" encounter with a stranger.

Yes, it depends on the airport. Reread message 15. I named a place that was pre-security in terminal 4 of the Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport, which is in the OP's area.

Also, you don't have to "ask" women to have dinner with you at airport bars that also serve food. All you have to do is sit next to them.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 15 (view)

Posted: 12/24/2017 1:20:35 PM

Halcyon_skies, in message 11, has an interesting idea. But it will not work unless you of above average appearance. Women really don’t like being hit on by men that they don’t find attractive.

He wouldn't come across as "hitting on them", since he wouldn't be asking them out. It's easy for one to strike up conversations with people at the airport---both men and women. They don't have their guards up.

I think that it is a good idea too... almost anywhere else. Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix stinks as far a restaurants and bars go. He would have to chat up girls while they were standing at small, chest high, round tables in front of Pizza Hut Express or Chester's Chicken.

Cheuvront Restaurant & Wine Bar, Terminal 4.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 11 (view)

Posted: 12/24/2017 9:37:57 AM
OP, I think you should just hang out at the airport. There are plenty of restaurants and bars there, where you can strike up conversations with lone female travelers, whom you'll never see again.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 315 (view)

pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 12/24/2017 9:15:38 AM

Curious for a woman’s perspective, if some dude spends $200 on a first date with no sign of chemistry yet, does that not raise a red flag of desperation?

It depends on the circumstances. (1) If he were the one who chose the restaurant and (2) he wouldn't allow me to contribute to the bill, then yes, I'd think he was either (A) controlling, or (B) trying too hard to impress me--both of which are turn-offs.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 604 (view)

Am I being made to feel less than a man for being frugal?
Posted: 12/23/2017 8:24:43 AM

He was at least 3 inches shorter than he claimed...10 years older than his picture and isn't "technically" single yet but "emotionally" he has been for a loooong time! So when the check was presented....I was more than happy when he slid it to my side of the table after I made the offer of "May I?". At that point, I was having much difficulty controlling my urge to whip out my glasses to confirm that the few sprigs of hair on his head were indeed...fresh...hair plugs. But I knew if I confirmed my suspicions....there is no way I would not just bust out laughing. So...it will be one of life's little mysteries I am more than happy to leave unsolved.

And dang it! I WISH I had looked for a coupon! :D

I'm not a fan of liars. They think their time is more important than yours.

That was nice of you to pay the bill. It will leave him more money to pay for his hair plugs.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 573 (view)

Posted: 12/21/2017 3:12:23 PM

My experience.............For several years now, when eating a meal in a restaurant, it is rare, very rare, for any person to pay for the meal bill, anywhere but, .....AT the table.

Yep. That's why many men take care of the meal bill when the woman excuses herself to go to the restroom.

Okay, I got a head-ache unravelling *THAT* one, but I think he's saying that he agrees with HS. So, bad news, HS: you gotta take him...

I'd take him over you any day.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 570 (view)

Posted: 12/21/2017 1:49:15 PM
Men often don't let their dates see the bill when they're paying, regardless of whether or not they're using a coupon. One would have to be pointedly peering over a man's shoulder to notice how he was paying.

And as NG pointed out, the man could be using a card that gives him a discount, and the woman would be none the wiser. This whole "no paper coupons" custom is completely absurd. Hopefully soon, it will be a thing of the past, and we'll all be using cell phone apps for our coupons, such as the Forks app.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 21 (view)

bucking the system...
Posted: 12/21/2017 11:10:38 AM
He who pays the piper calls the tune.

I like to call the tune, so I'm often the one paying the piper.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 566 (view)

Am I being made to feel less than a woman for lack of 'assets'?
Posted: 12/21/2017 9:36:51 AM

Topics evolve. I know that this distresses your Control-Freak nature, where, in your fevered little imagination, *YOU* control the entire thread, but do try to get over yourself.

You're just being contrary for the sake of being contrary, because you enjoy the attention. I doubt many women give you the time of day IRL. I'm not controlling the entire thread; there are several different conversations going on simultaneously . We're all entitled to express our opinions here. That includes me.

I don't condone it, either. But we both know IRL it doesn't work that way. I think it's human nature.

Even though we all agree with this principle, how many pictures do we take, and sort through, to find the best of the best of the best of the best....to post? Isn't that part of it too? If we all truly adhered to this policy of being brutally Representative truthful, being ourselfves, shouldn't we post "best" AND "worst" pictures?

Misrepresenting finances is not analogous to misrepresenting age or pictures. Those misrepresentations are usually resolved early on---often before a meeting takes place.

Financial misrepresentation can go on much longer, sometimes to the point where the guy is finally broke and can't afford to keep up the charade any longer. Then the sh!t hits the fan.

halcyon_skies
Msg: 396 (view)

3rd date really?
Posted: 12/21/2017 8:29:38 AM

I know I would feel I owed her an apology, b/c that was how I was raised. I used to work with some younger people, and noticed there is typically a difference in....social graces :) The mature may put themselves into the shoes of others, easier than the immature will.

If anyone was being immature, it was that woman. The most she deserved in the way of an apology from Henry was: "I'm very sorry you feel upset."

If you continually apologize to people when you've done nothing wrong, eventually you'll be viewed as a doormat---someone easily manipulated.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 393 (view)

3rd date really?
Posted: 12/20/2017 10:38:42 PM

This all happened on Saturday, Monday is her night off, we go out to dinner in a fairly nice place, and then back to my place. We talk a few times the rest of the week, mostly texting, come the weekend I expect to see her again, but she says she’s too tired after work. Monday evening, she texts me, asks why I haven’t been over to pick her up. I say, “I’m sorry, did we have a date?” She says, “It’s my only night off, you were supposed to be here!”

I try to recover gracefully, she hangs up, I wait until the next day to text an apology, thinking she’ll get over being mad. She never answers my texts, or phone calls, and I haven’t spoken to her since.

Henry, that's a weird story. Why did you feel like you owed her an apology if you didn't ask her out again for Monday? If you did ask her out again for that day, but you forgot about it, I could understand it.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 561 (view)

Am I being made to feel less than a woman for lack of 'assets'?
Posted: 12/20/2017 9:48:57 PM

Re-read what I said: if the objective is to score a ONS, a different tack will be used.

Re-read MY original post. I was referring to coupon use during the first few DATES---I was not talking about one-night-stands. You don't have to ask a woman out on a date to have a one-night-stand. Do enlighten us about this "different tack" you're babbling about.

You're right -- I would find it charming and flattering that she had offered to pay in the first place. However, not everyone appreciates frugality.

Not everyone appreciates spendthrifts, either. Your point?

Try stepping out of "HS' Fairy Tale World" for a minute, where everyone thinks *EXACTLY LIKE YOU DO*, and realize that the *REAL* world contains *REAL* people; and, while *SOME* might appreciate cost-consciousness, many *DO NOT*.

There is no "Fairy Tale World" unless you're talking about your own "child's sense of wonder". I never said everyone thinks exactly as I do---I was merely expressing an opinion that differed from that of SS4544Spd, which I'm entitled to do here.

By the way, the *REAL* world contains both frugal people and spendthrifts. The challenge is to attract someone who feels the same way you do about how money should be spent. That's not so easy to do when there are so many folks out there who think it's okay to lie and misrepresent their finances to get what they want.

Show ALL Forums