Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: what are the key clues in a profile ..be it words or anything else ..that flash trouble
 redheadlady4
Msg: 40 (view)

what are the key clues in a profile ..be it words or anything else ..that flash trouble
Posted: 1/30/2012 12:45:54 PM
Peter, You're not giving the members here the fact that they may have a brain. In the first place, no one, man or woman expects a long term relationship on a 1,2,3,4,5,6 date...It simply states..."you're done with game playing" thats not too hard to figure out
 redheadlady4
Msg: 95 (view)

Being unemployed and trying to date......
Posted: 11/19/2010 10:50:35 PM
This is just my opinion, I dont think a man or a woman should seek out a relationship while unemployed. I think it would be unfair to the other person who ur dating. The unemployed person shouldnt be spending their money going on dates, nor should they expect the other person to pick up the tab every time. I say this because ...if I were unemployed, I wouldnt have the money to date..plus I would want to spend the majority of my time trying to find a job..not a date, thats my opinion
 redheadlady4
Msg: 29 (view)

Interracial dating
Posted: 4/23/2010 5:03:10 PM
Ok...I had corrected myself, still not to your liking I see. You are completly right, I should not lump all "Middle Eastern" men in the same catagory, I tried to explain that to you with no success, so I will just give up, However when I worked with a good number of Doctors (who are highly educated) and they treated women this way, what conclusion shall I draw from that???...nite nite Ahron
 redheadlady4
Msg: 25 (view)

Interracial dating
Posted: 4/23/2010 6:19:52 AM
Ahron...You are not getting what I am trying to say here, I am simply saying...that "THOSE" docs I worked with..not your parents or anyone else, the ones I worked with..which were actually quite a few, I am allowed to give my opinion and say why I feel the way I do, as you are as well. Your parents sound like great people, I am only speaking about the men I have worked with...OK??? peace
 redheadlady4
Msg: 23 (view)

Interracial dating
Posted: 4/21/2010 6:44:26 AM
I said medical field because that is where I met every one of men (and their treatment of women) that I have experienced...nothin more nothin less
 redheadlady4
Msg: 22 (view)

Interracial dating
Posted: 4/21/2010 6:40:40 AM
Dude....I worked 17 yrs as a Resp. Therapist. I worked with at least 8 middle eastern Doctors..and saw first hand over the 17 yrs exactly how they treat women, I am not referring to patients. I had one Indian Doc that I respected so much, he was a kind man and we would sit and talk about the Indian culture and what they believe and what their traditions were and I really enjoyed him. The Middle Eastern docs were...basically jerks. I got into a verbal with one of them one evening up in my Dept. he was being very disrespectful, and I simply told him that he was in MY Country now and cant treat women like he was used to. Im sorry if I offended you, but I am speaking from pure experience...I am happy your parents have had a good marriage and life, they are not the ones I am talking about
 redheadlady4
Msg: 12 (view)

Interracial dating
Posted: 4/17/2010 11:29:43 PM
Joe, I will only give my opinion...I have zero interest in dating a middle eastern man, all other races I have no issues with. I work in the medical field and I have seen how they treat women, they must forget they arent in a middle eastern country, but in American. I have absolutely not a prejudice bone in my body, however, I would not date a middle eastern man, their culture is something I dont get....and its cool in their country....cept they forget, they are in USA, and cant quite pull that behaviour off here with american women, sorry to be so brutal, but its how I feel
 redheadlady4
Msg: 14 (view)

Teenagers and older kids causing problems
Posted: 3/29/2010 9:09:04 PM
Let me get this right...SMOKIN DOPE WITH HIS KIDS?????? What part of that scenario is NOT COOL....on so many levels, dump him, he has his kids and it sounds like thats all he wants , jump ship now or get dragged into more BS
 redheadlady4
Msg: 134 (view)

What's the upside to being over 50 and single
Posted: 11/22/2009 9:26:39 AM
I think the bottom line here is...u have to like yourself and not mind spending time with yourself. I have a friend who cannot stand to be without a man...I dont understand that. I have been single now 8 yrs and am in no hurry to jump back into a marriage, so I fill my life with what makes me happy and If I find "HIM" along the way..awesome, but I wont be crying myself to sleep at nite. Ihave raised 7 kids and I am lovin this single thing...so..like yourself, and do things you enjoy doing and be patient...
 redheadlady4
Msg: 77 (view)

Does this make me a cougar?
Posted: 10/15/2009 7:08:58 PM
Hey five....all I can say is..."U go girl" who cares what anyone thinks, there again the old "double standard" ...do what u want to do !!..U are a grown woman and hes an adult as well....
 redheadlady4
Msg: 1040 (view)

Do you think there should be laws against people who trick you into sexual encounters!
Posted: 10/15/2009 7:04:19 PM
Welsh" I completly agree with what you are saying. I have found myself in this situation....however, that being said...Its "My Bad" if I dont see it comming, these guys that practice this behaviour will get theirs eventually..but I still say it was "My bad" to go thru with it, I will say this...it has made me alot stronger now, they are the loosers here !!
 redheadlady4
Msg: 34 (view)

What is the best way to say you arent interested?
Posted: 10/15/2009 6:56:01 PM
You know its just so easy...Why do people insist on not just telling what they feel. If we all have fragile egos, we'll get over it, trust me...not that difficult to get over. My answer is very simple...."It was nice to meet you, but we just arent a good match" how difficult is that? Lets not waste a persons time playing stupid little games when u arent mature enough to say...not interested !!
 redheadlady4
Msg: 2 (view)

just wonderin...whats up
Posted: 7/25/2009 9:08:29 AM
OKay Lone..lets clear this up right away....I was married since I was 18 yrs old ok? I enter the single world 8 yrs ago..things have changed dramatically since I was single at 18, so yeh..I am serious in my question and ... No.. its not my daughter asking, I am not here for someone to make a lame azz answer, just to answer it and leave the nasty comments out..OK????
 redheadlady4
Msg: 1 (view)

just wonderin...whats up
Posted: 7/25/2009 8:39:17 AM
OK..I have a question and I really need some opinions. Why is it that if you sleep with a guy on a first date...he'll dump you.. and...........If you havent slept with him by the 2nd date...he'll dump you, I am trying not to give up on how a mans brain works..any help is appreciated
 redheadlady4
Msg: 125 (view)

Fake Pics
Posted: 7/12/2009 6:24:12 PM
Hi wood: yes it has happened to me...guy put a 20 yr old pic up and then lied about his age...so when I meet him...I didnt even recognize him...walkin with a cane and easily 20 yrs older than pic, This just amazes me..what do they think will happen if u meet?? Very decietful...I tried to be kind...but I did say..."Not nice to mislead a woman"...Sometimes this dating game SUCKS BIG TIME !!!
 redheadlady4
Msg: 55 (view)

Anyone ever try Singlesnet.com ?
Posted: 6/29/2009 9:28:49 AM
Tyhronn81...Which leads me to the question..do we think if someone is on a "paying" site they will behave more responsibily? I have ask myself that a few times..Or ..Is a looser a looser whether they pay or not??..good question
 redheadlady4
Msg: 32 (view)

»» The Temptation of the Happily Married Man
Posted: 6/12/2009 8:31:15 PM
Hey Ford...ever see "Unfaithful" husband and wife were very happy, guess she got bored and we all know what happened at the end of that movie....wise up and "fix" whats lacking in your marriage...talk to ur wife about spicing things up ...so u can get your mind outta the gutter
 redheadlady4
Msg: 13 (view)

pooff and there gone.
Posted: 6/1/2009 8:29:13 AM
Padesark...Heres my humble opinion on this issue, as far as I am concerned, men or women that do this to another person have got no class at all. I have never behaved anyway but with class, and..a guy who does that to me, is simply not worth my time. Why they cannot be upfront and just say "Hey, no longer interested" is beyond me, as for me...I have no time to waste on a looser like that, my only wish is that he could have told me sooner..before I wasted my time on them. these people have the "Issues" not you...be glad your rid of them...does it hurt..sure it does, but bottom line is...dont let someones lack of class tear you down..they simply arent worth your time...hang in there
 redheadlady4
Msg: 25 (view)

your not alone in this
Posted: 5/10/2009 5:46:57 PM
Its good that you have a healthy ego..but get real, just because you may think a woman is attractive doesnt mean she finds you attracrtive...It is what it is...move on
 redheadlady4
Msg: 117 (view)

Male Nymphs
Posted: 5/9/2009 8:33:40 PM
OK I give...what the H.... is a Nymph?????? lol lol lol
 redheadlady4
Msg: 56 (view)

I know I will get blasted for this but...
Posted: 5/9/2009 8:31:42 PM
I agree with you RDtoo...I love to wear dresses, with heels, I think it looks very sexy....very feminine, I will tell ya tho...those blasted thigh hi stockings..I hate those "mothers" with a passion...hard to keep up and just a pain in the bum !!!
 redheadlady4
Msg: 74 (view)

If she has the condoms is that a good thing?
Posted: 5/9/2009 8:20:12 PM
What you should do is thank her....that is unless you are ready to be a dad and pay child support...thats pretty lame to even question her motives, she is protecting herself and at the same time... protecting you !!
 redheadlady4
Msg: 446 (view)

I caught a women I've been sleeping with inserting my used condom inside her
Posted: 5/9/2009 7:48:52 PM
Looks like shes playing ya dude...thats really sick and I sure havent heard of that, she sounds quite desperate...U best beware, hope u ended ur FWB that nite...lol and u might want to ask a lawyer a few questions about this !!! wow..it takes all kinds doesnt it?
 redheadlady4
Msg: 103 (view)

Good Girl/Bad Girl, What's the difference?
Posted: 5/9/2009 7:43:54 PM
I think a woman should be both....the secret is knowing when to use each side. its the combination of both that really makes a woman exciting
 redheadlady4
Msg: 298 (view)

Why do some younger men want to have sex with an older woman?
Posted: 5/9/2009 7:36:05 PM
OH PLease RoadRanger....and you know all this because??? What you are saying is a load of S.......Dont make judgement calls on something you dont know anything about..If a younger guy likes an older woman it can be for any number of reasons, for years and years it has been acceptable behaviour for an older guy to get with a younger woman, so now the tables are turned and I think some people have a problem with it...If I choose to be with a younger guy..its my choice..not because he gives me a few compliments, sorry that doesnt work...u know coz Im "older" and I know better by now. My vanity doesnt need any help at all I am very happy and comfortable in my skin...and If I feel the need to "Mommy" I'll go talk to my kids...So my question to you is..do u have a problem with it????
 redheadlady4
Msg: 31 (view)

Libido after 50
Posted: 4/20/2009 5:46:38 PM
Oh yes it is..... and I am a lady....
 redheadlady4
Msg: 91 (view)

Is it a compliment to be contacted by a younger man?
Posted: 4/20/2009 5:42:43 PM
Do I find it a compliment? NO...and I shall explain. I sometimes think a younger guy thinks an older woman will feel flattered to be flirted with by them....not so. Most younger men lack the maturity to actually follow thru any attraction they "say" they have...oh they chat with you once or twice and then they are gone...so they arent taken seriously. I am sure there are younger men who do like the company of a more mature woman, its just hard to figure out who they are.
 redheadlady4
Msg: 7 (view)

met 2 girls... how do I handle this?
Posted: 9/26/2008 7:27:57 AM
Badatdating....First of all let me say I admire and respect you. There are not alot of people that care about anothers feelings...so you are a good guy. I agree with the other posts, they may be talking about this and seeing what you will do, so be a gentleman and be up front, thats the best way to go. You cant help it if you are more atttracted to one than the other, and, my advice go out with both of them and make your final decision based on that. Good luck
 redheadlady4
Msg: 53 (view)

Older? on the scrap heap!
Posted: 9/5/2008 11:32:19 PM
Thanks guys...all these posts have made me..a fiftyish lady feel real good....Right on!!!
 redheadlady4
Msg: 32 (view)

Best license plate car combos...
Posted: 8/16/2008 7:07:56 PM
Mine is "AIRHDRD"....lol lol "air head red"...a story comes with that plate..to do with super glue !! lol
 redheadlady4
Msg: 28 (view)

Mature women doing oral
Posted: 8/9/2008 11:46:27 PM
Mustang065....Thats a cheap shot !!!.. Are we supposed to laff now??? Dont throw your opinion in on something that you dont have a clue about. Good lovers are made...it just doesnt happen, heres a novel idea..maybe older women know what to do with it !!! As for me..I am far from desperate and think you shouldnt be so judgemental..
 redheadlady4
Msg: 15 (view)

Does sex get better after you hit 40?
Posted: 7/23/2008 6:18:36 PM
dearest StrangerInTheHouse...All I can say is hands down 100% better than ever...no worries, no fears, relax, explore, enjoy...its all good !!!!
 redheadlady4
Msg: 278 (view)

Why do guys always do this to me? Does anyone else have this problem?...
Posted: 7/13/2008 9:13:15 PM
Gigimo???? Who wrote that book you mention?? I cant find it online anywhere..help???
 redheadlady4
Msg: 47 (view)

What are your expectations?
Posted: 7/13/2008 10:30:37 AM
Biancanancy.....It has really come down to this with me....I have no expectations for a date or a meet. If you go on a date thinking it will be great or the guy will be great you just set yourself up for failure, because more times than not..he will not be what you are expecting. The other thing may happen, he may be great, talk easily, enjoy yourself, think you will see each other again...and POOF...u never hear from them again. I have completly given up trying to figure out the male species...behaviour is odd to say the very least...so my suggestion is to go on the date with no expectations at all and maybe something good will happen, and if it doesnt you will not be hurt because you havent investested anything into it...hope that helps
 redheadlady4
Msg: 20 (view)

Dumped before the date! What's going on?
Posted: 6/29/2008 5:20:28 PM
Midnite crossing...Just remember this....for everyone that doesnt show up or cancels, there will be 3 or 4 more to take their place ...be patient, they are the loosers..not you. You are so pretty, it is his loss !!!!
 redheadlady4
Msg: 4 (view)

Why make plans for 2nd date and then never call???????
Posted: 6/27/2008 7:05:36 AM
Dear rutheright14me.....Yeh...it happened to me just last week....I sometimes feel men need to get their heads out of their A---S and learn some simple manners...thats all... it boils down to...NOT INTERESTED...SAY SO !!!! WTF !!! Try not to get completly bummed out coz it will happen more than once...It still amazes me....so few manners, and its so simple !!! DUH !!!!! Hang in there !!!
 redheadlady4
Msg: 37 (view)

Scared of falling in love
Posted: 6/21/2008 5:57:28 PM
Dear "Tosirwithlove" I completly feel you !!! heres the thing....If you dont think you are in a place to trust or try, then remove yourself from the mix here. You will be setting yourself up for hurt if you dont. I have also been hurt, I think we all have, both male and female. We need to understand and know ourselves completly before we set out again to find love. To do that you "MUST" be strong. There are many men on here that will use you given half a chance, it is sometimes hard to read them...again..been there, done that, so sit back and know what you want, be strong and be ready for what you will run into on POF...because you will see it all on here !!! There are many decent, kind, loving, loving men...just much harder to find amongst the loosers here...so good luck and ..."GET STRONG" !!!!
 redheadlady4
Msg: 1 (view)

Infomation
Posted: 6/18/2008 8:07:33 PM
I tried to go into the area "Ask a woman" section and they wouldnt let me do it...but this is really a question that needs to be discussed by all the ladies. I just read yesterday in the newspaper of the increasing number of women contracting HPV of the mouth and throat from giving guys "BJ's" If you are not familiar with what HPV is I strongly suggest you go into this (health) section and read all the information. this article was really scary. The number of american men and women that carry the HPV virus is quite a large precentage. Due to the fact that there arent really any symptoms, lots of people, men and women alike go undetected and likewise spread it....so ladies, give me your input and be very careful....I do know that it can present as warts externally, other than that, dont know any other sign a male would have to alert us...any info is appreciated Thanks
 redheadlady4
Msg: 158 (view)

Why do women date mutiple guys at once?
Posted: 5/26/2008 10:17:04 PM
Whtaguy....My guess is..a woman may date multiply men because what is out there right now from my experience.....you cant depend on. If a woman is looking for a relationship with one man...then she needs that one man to appear interested....call, show up, stuff like that you know....if he cant manage that, then she needs to keep her options open...and can you blame her????
 redheadlady4
Msg: 26 (view)

How do I get past the damage internet dating has done?
Posted: 5/26/2008 3:37:49 PM
Dear Liuumom....Isnt it so sad that we have come to this? I know the feeling. We have come to this because we have been been put in the position of not being able to trust someone and their word. If you are like me...in a "perfect" world, we can trust someone at their word, in the" internet dating world" thats a bunch of crap, they say one thing and do another, say they will call and do not, will pick you up and dont show up, say they are single and are married, your behaviour is a by product of what you have seen and been exposed to, its actually very sad. I would like to believe there are some decent men out there and for you men ,some decent women, but I am beginning to have some serious doubts, my advice right now.....calm down, go with the flow and give him a chance, if he blows it, I cant even imagine what that will do to you...I feel for you, been there, done that !!! hang in there and good luck !!!:
 redheadlady4
Msg: 221 (view)

Profiles - why bother?
Posted: 4/23/2008 11:03:58 PM
Burnleybabe....Just a thought, You ask someone if they want to chat because thats how to get to know someone isnt it? Would it be better if he had said, I want to talk to you?...its all just a matter of wording really, but thats where you start from..chatting
 redheadlady4
Msg: 94 (view)

Too Busy to Date?
Posted: 3/30/2008 10:13:08 AM
My opinion here....When I read a profile and they go on about working so much .. blah blah blah..not having enough time, too busy, I ask myself then why the H.... do you put yourself out here looking to meet someone???? As if...you have the time to make a relationship work....take your profile off and wait until you have the time..trust me women will appreciate you alot more
 redheadlady4
Msg: 161 (view)

What Songs Put You In the Mood?
Posted: 2/24/2008 7:52:33 PM
How bout "I'll make love to you" by Boyz to Men" listen to the words of this one...dang..will get ya in the mood real quick !!! I promise !!!
 redheadlady4
Msg: 79 (view)

Asians and caucasians.
Posted: 2/11/2008 8:51:13 AM
My question to you "theoldpiano" might be....How many attractive asian men do you see with caucasian women???.. I find asian men appealing ...but only if they are attractive...so that question can be turned around and asked the other way as well... I also find that asian men hardly date outside their ethnic group..at least here in the states anyway...
 redheadlady4
Msg: 56 (view)

SEX AND WOMEN OVER 40 OR 50?????
Posted: 1/27/2008 11:18:03 PM
850 Yer funny !!!!!
 redheadlady4
Msg: 48 (view)

Posted: 1/19/2008 2:38:29 PM
Well Yoyanna, when you grow up and become a real woman you will find out !!!
 redheadlady4
Msg: 43 (view)

Posted: 1/17/2008 7:24:18 PM
I had to add my 2cents worth.....I am now 55 yrs old...this is the best time of my life for me...I am exploring my sensual side, areas I did not know exsisted and enjoying every minute...am I too old...."oh heck no"....I am free to explore, enjoy, relax..its all good !!!!!Is being erotic good??? Is sex good??? oh yeh!!!!...Dont count me out!!!!
 redheadlady4
Msg: 1092 (view)

Why are older women not into younger guys???
Posted: 12/30/2007 10:36:58 AM
Bomber...U probably arent doing anything wrong. I date youner guys ALL the time, but 19...well thats just too young, that kinda borders on..well ahhh nevermind..just wait awhile..maybe hit on a 25 yr old..
 redheadlady4
Msg: 31 (view)

Oh well I tried POF. Time to go
Posted: 10/5/2007 6:02:27 PM
Right on "Original" you rock !!!!!
 redheadlady4
Msg: 8 (view)

Oh well I tried POF. Time to go
Posted: 10/5/2007 6:15:29 AM
While you sound very frustrated...and trust me, we have all been there, dont...as they say "throw the baby out with the bath water" it is not the fault of this site, clearly the people you have run into are less than admirable, we choose who we talk to or meet. There are a ton of loosers out there, players, users...whatever you want to call them, we have to discern and try to weed them out..which is very difficult. If you see a comment deleted, and I have had mine deleted, its usually because its redundant...or been talked about a million times. Its a shame u want to leave, but trust me on this one...the paying sites have the very same jerks on them !!!

Show ALL Forums