Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Plenty of Fakes
 zonavar69
Msg: 26 (view)

Plenty of Fakes
Posted: 11/14/2018 4:37:05 PM
At least my profile is genuine and real and everything written in it is from the heart. Sure it probably doesn't have the smooth romantic appeal of a multiple date night on an episode of Bachelor or Bachelorette, but I don't hide who and what I am.

I don't try to show and c$%k pics, but isn't it funny how many women show off their cleavage in their pics, some very overtly, and think that's ok, but then turn around and say it's not for men to do bare or semi-bare chested pics.

I suppose women don't get to see the site from a guys perpective. Remember in the USA you've got 200+ million people while we have 25+ million, so it's fair to say that search results are going to return a lot less real genuine profile links compared to what might be possible with those of you in the USA.

From my point of view as an Aussie user, there are a *lot* of fake profile results that show up. To be honest, a fair portion of the people I contact do come back and say 'no thanks'. and if someone does that I always acknowledge with a short 'thanks for your honest reply - hope you find someone lovely' and then leave that person alone.

People appreciate respect and courtesy and perhaps it's a reflection of dating sites in general that respect and courtesy is so rare, but at least in our age group we have lots of life experience so know that showing respect is the right way to go.
 zonavar69
Msg: 5 (view)

Plenty of Fakes
Posted: 10/26/2018 6:48:55 PM
This and sites like are are, for all intents and purposes, nothing more than a hookup site. ;-) Sure perhaps people view the issue around not answering the kids question as a red flag but the options available don't fit my situation... Yes, I do have kids. No, they do not live with me. No, they are not all over 18. So none of the options are correct. I'll just change it to 'yes' and then everyone will presume I have kids living with me and that's another major red flag. So as a guy, I can't win. ;-)

Trying to be genuine/honest clearly doesn't work. Seems only guys who are sleazy get connections that work out to something.

not to mention a lack of self-awareness

This I don't understand - is that a veiled implication that I'm being fake/callous/shallow/ignorant/disrespectful/etc.?
 zonavar69
Msg: 92 (view)

My Cats are C*ck-Blocking Me
Posted: 10/25/2018 3:55:22 PM
Remember peoples that you do not own your cats - your cats own you! But keep thinking the other way around and your cats will allow you to feel their love and affection... ;-)
 zonavar69
Msg: 1 (view)

Plenty of Fakes
Posted: 10/25/2018 3:53:15 PM
How many of you in our age group actually go on dates through contacts made via this site? I'm curious as I've never had any legit connections through POF so maybe I'm being too genuine and nice?

A guy at my work who's 40 and single says he will never hook up with another woman for anything long term and reckons he's had a few meetups with people from here. He says the way to make women want you is to 'treat em mean to keep em keen'. OMG really? Is this a version of the old belief (which I don't understand) that even when you are with someone you are supposed to still keep 'chasing' them regardless?

Just putting it out there... Clearly those of us contributing to these discussions are real people, but maybe we're the only ones. ;-) The rest could be spam profile robot generated fakes.
 zonavar69
Msg: 71 (view)

Triggers in profile photos
Posted: 10/23/2018 3:45:16 PM

Pictures of non freshly shaved men make me click next.

I have facial hair and I'm proud of it because it's part of who I am. I fully get though that a lot of women seem to be repulsed by it. In the same way, I'm repulsed by women who have their nether regions smooth as a baby's bottom. Some men shave their nether regions too (not me!).

It's entirely a personal choice whether someone shaves or does not shave their face, their nether regions, their legs, their armpits, etc. Some men (apparently me included) look better with facial hair, or even the full bearding way.

Women who sport painted on almost fake eyebrows and eyes that are accentuated with far too much (basically any) eye makeup stuff are up there in the realm of 'too kitchy' as well.

As adults we should be accepting others for who and what they are, not who and what we want them to be. That's a major trigger of relationships falling apart IMHO.
 zonavar69
Msg: 24 (view)

What is with the women on this site? I miss OKCupid.
Posted: 10/6/2018 6:32:19 PM
OKC is totally full of fakes IMHO. Here isn't much better, but it's sometimes hard to tell until you see the same 'look like cropped from a magazine page' type of profile pics appearing over and over again on different sites will glaringly-fake profiles.

Is OKC is owned by match.com? This site is, and Tinder.

Doesn't give me cred to the concept of 'dating diversity'...
 zonavar69
Msg: 73 (view)

How men mathematically sleep with more people than women
Posted: 10/6/2018 6:27:35 PM
I must be the odd one out as I'm 50 and I've had no more sexual partners (including 1-time flings) than there are fingers on one hand (ie. 5). Two of those were long-term gigs (one 15 yrs and more recently a 5 yr). I've had no sex now in about 18 months. But then I've hardly been out there trying to get it either due to nature of my job, etc

I dunno if there's any maths involved. I'm in Australia btw.
 zonavar69
Msg: 10 (view)

Bit Confused...
Posted: 10/6/2018 5:13:21 PM

She's on the rebound. When she says she's not ready to meet anyone, believe it.

And that's the same for almost all of us men either now (very, very common in our age range) or not long ago.

It's not just women who take time to 'self-repair'. In fact I would go so far to say that it probably takes men longer because we are generally much more introverted and tend to 'bottle' our feelings of hurt, guilt, self-doubt, lack of self-esteem/worth/confidence, etc. within ourselves where women, by their nature, are much more social and 'group supportive'.
 zonavar69
Msg: 28 (view)

is it normal if he wants to meet you once a week?
Posted: 10/6/2018 5:07:54 PM
Have you actually asked politely about what you seem to feel is a 'lack of availability'? He might have kids he has defined access to, or he might do a job where there's just no chance of availability on weekdays (or like my job being shiftwork in a full 24/7/365 business)? Maybe he's just naturally shy and feels that once a week is a good way to balance things out?
 zonavar69
Msg: 54 (view)

new 'mature age' way of saying no without actually saying no
Posted: 9/7/2018 5:06:56 PM
"thankyou...I'm at work atm so hard to chat.."

Then no followup to a polite reply and now the profile is deleted! Guess that was YAF (Yet Another Fake) or perhaps a match.com staff member running a bot to flood the site with fake profiles that all have odd similarities...
 zonavar69
Msg: 9 (view)

Big killers of prospects once you're having regular involvement with someone
Posted: 9/7/2018 5:03:34 PM

That person is catfishing you

I don't know what that means, but the site is certainly full of Plenty of Fake Fish whether they be Wells Catfish or Leeds Ichthys.
 zonavar69
Msg: 134 (view)

Never been married suddenly at 50 you wanna marry someone REALLY
Posted: 8/27/2018 2:38:48 PM
My longest long-term relationship ended because my ex from then slept with the guy who was renting next door to our house when I had to work away.

I tend to find people I talk to more than once with a view to maybe meeting up generally have no interest in past relationships and if someone does talk about it in the first few messages that tends to be a red flag for me.
 zonavar69

Big killers of prospects once you're having regular involvement with someone
Posted: 8/27/2018 2:30:59 PM
What do you find are the 'big killers' of prospects once you start having regular involvement with someone (even if it's still in the POF messaging stage but you're exchanging messages every day or two for more than a couple of weeks prior to arranging to meet up in person)?

Based on my experience it's (1) distance and (2) my shiftwork. That combination is too much for a majority of people (who do initially show significant returned interest) to take once the realities of the work/life pattern are out there in the open during ongoing positive conversation.

zonavar69
Msg: 51 (view)

Posted: 8/26/2018 8:05:25 PM
Animal filters, aka snapchat filters, or similar, are an immediate turn-off. Photos are supposed to be of the real genuine you, not the 'what I want people to think about me' you.

It's almost like "my son or daughter created my profile for me" with 'modified' images.

The other thing is phone screenshots - how often do you find those in someone's profile... I'm hopeless at selfies, but where possible I try to take some since nobody else is going to be taking pics of me usually. It's not like I can just ask a random person on the street to take a 'meetcute' type pseudo-romantic type of selfie photo for a dating website. ;-)
 zonavar69
Msg: 17 (view)

Older gentleman with kids
Posted: 8/26/2018 7:58:27 PM
I wish I got to see my kids 50 pct of the time! Shiftwork etc. stops all that. It's interesting how many women have children in their profile pics then make a big deal of 'all my kids are over 18' or similar. I'm lucky if I see my kids once every 2 months given where they live, I live, and them being late teens (and eldest is 20) plus my shiftwork and not currently owning my own house (stuck renting).

Not many profiles that I think are genuine mention there are no kids in the picture as far as seeking to find a new life partner is concerned.
 zonavar69
Msg: 25 (view)

Erectile Dysfuntion: Can skipping days trying to have sex help?
Posted: 8/16/2018 7:21:02 PM
Number one cause of ED is probably various forms of stress and/or depression. If you're not in the right headspace being romantic and sexual is practically impossible in a way that makes it actually enjoyable for you and the person you're sharing the experience with.
 zonavar69
Msg: 9 (view)

Two profiles - same pics - same style of intro - fakes?
Posted: 8/16/2018 1:56:05 AM
I'm sick of the site being 99.9 percent fakes. If it's not, I'd love to meet in person someone from the other 0.01 percent.
 zonavar69
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 8/16/2018 1:52:07 AM
Profiles with no face pics, or no pics showing the person at all. That's number 1.

Pics showing people other than the person who's profile it's supposed to be are the number 2 especially when the pic doesn't show a female when the profile is meant to belong to a female, or many of the pics have been cropped/edited to block out other people (possibly ex's).

Pics that have been 'funnied' with stuff like Snapchat filters are number 3.

Pics that are in 'cheesy' locations, such as with Sydney harbour bridge in the view (I'm an Aussie born and bred in Sydney) are number 4.

I'd come up with more reasons to suspect the validity of the profile but they're my top 4.
 zonavar69
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 8/15/2018 1:02:50 AM
So you support people using sites like this for the purpose of scamming, exploitation and for want of a better word - extortion? It's clear criminal behaviour which should not exist on a site claiming to be legit, but it is after all owned by match.com that runs a whole suite of sites and all the fake profiles could be auto-generated from one site to another just to make it look like there are plenty of search results to pick from. I'm not buying it. Neither should you.

So yes it is my business as I paid money to be access the extra services, and it's just a rip-off.
 zonavar69
Msg: 20 (view)

Erectile Dysfuntion: Can skipping days trying to have sex help?
Posted: 8/14/2018 5:37:38 PM
For me, if/when I do have the opportunity for any sort of regular sexual encounters I need 48 hours before I can really get in the mood for a second round. Women of course really have no 'refractory period' like us guys. But there's probably a big lifestyle factor in it too - I do shiftwork with no roster and basically get offered a shift (or not) one day or sometimes two days out. I can't refuse them or I lose the work, but it means I also can never plan anything with a romantic interest and expect the plan to remain solid. The tiredness and general lack of stamina that shiftwork brings on can (and for me is) a really big factor is dampening sexual interest.
 zonavar69

Posted: 8/14/2018 5:34:20 PM
I've spotted two profiles claiming to be local Aus women but which have exactly the same set of pictures being cycled through yet have different usernames!

Have a look at 'cocomoon73' and 'dancewmetonight' and you'll see the pics are of the same person. I've reported both profiles, yet absolutely nothing has been done. And we wonder why the whole 'scam' side of this internet dating thing makes 99.999 pct of us permanently disillusioned about dating in general!

Both profiles claim the person works in the health industry and has a bachelors degree. Both have the same religion (presbyterian, which for Australia is very unusual). Both have the same age and the same height and the same city (Newcastle NSW).

Both refer to poetry as an important interest and again that's highly unusual IMHO. Profile from 'cocomoon73':

"Hi. I am a happy person who believes in living a life that incorporates gratitude. I love to travel when possible and see and experience the big wide world :-). I adore poetry and iit's become a main hobby. Love the outdoors, art, literature, travel, great food and wine etc. I look forward to meeting you"

"Something low key or exciting or unique, all are good :-)"

Profile from 'dancewmetonight':

"Hi I am fun loving, sensitive, and love nature and the outdoors. I have many interests and love travelling when possible, reading, poetry, museums, swimming, daily fitness, bush walking and more. I'm looking to share my journey with another who has similar interests and enjoys life, is good natured, appreciates all life has to offer! I look forward to meeting you..

** I really do love poetry it’s my main hobby so if you enjoy literature that’s a wonderful bonus as we will have lots to talk about..."

"Something low key, dinner, coffee, a walk and chat preferably :-)"

I'm seeing this happen on eHarmony a lot too where profiles are looking far too similar. It's rampant on rsvp along with badoo and also.
 zonavar69
Msg: 7 (view)

MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/5/2018 1:56:10 AM
Perhaps related is the phenomenon of 'snapchat filter' photos - if I find a profile that's got those it's almost an immediate turn-off about as bad as women who smoke.
 zonavar69
Msg: 42 (view)

Posted: 8/5/2018 1:54:42 AM
I think part of the reason is we get so used to any responses we receive being 'canned worms' ones, or from romance scammers who've set up fake profiles good enough to seem legit at first glance but the message that comes back rings alarm bells for one of many reasons.

I always respond with a kind, personalised message to say thankyou even when I get a plain response. It's courteous, and if the other person is legit but not interested, that usually generates a nice thankyou followup then it's off on our own seperate paths again.
 zonavar69
Msg: 148 (view)

Getting blocked by someone for no apparent reason
Posted: 8/3/2018 1:59:01 AM

Why block someone just because they contacted you and you're not interested?

That's a massively common thing. I think that because a person perceives someone they're contacting might be interested they do it with good intentions but women seem especially spiteful when they look at a message even when it's not rude (honestly, do women really get bombarded with crude/rude intro messages?) they think "this guy is not interesting why is he even contacting me? I'll just block him because I don't like him" and that's a way to 'brickwall' people a women doesn't like on face value.

For me, if I think a person contacting me is fake, I do an assessment of whether it pans out based on a bunch of factors and block when the factors stack up to a conclusive determination of a fake profile (which usually means links to an organised crime romance scam operation that floods almost all dating sites with massive of fake presences).
 zonavar69
Msg: 75 (view)

THE great equilizer for us old farts?
Posted: 8/3/2018 1:52:48 AM
It seems a much more common thing now when couples go bad that they do the LATR thing for some period of time. Obviously it's not a simple deal to one day decide to split and then just simply leave that day or the next day. Just finding a place to live on your own takes forever. I'm currently looking for yet another rental as the current one is up for sale and new buyers want it vacant. Affording a place to live as a single person is a massive deal and when someone's been with someone else for a while you forget just how expensive it really is to live alone and have to pay a full cost of accomodation, utilities, food, etc.

In dates I've been on recently (none from this site - never had one out of POF yet), the subject of living arrangements rarely comes up as it's presumed that a mature person either has his/her own place already, or is renting somewhere as a single person so isn't really in a stable living arrangement.
 zonavar69
Msg: 16 (view)

Posted: 7/19/2018 2:34:24 AM
Following on..... It's a sad reflection that this site in particular is so full of fake profiles. Perhaps because it's part of the match.com family now. Who really knows. It's interesting to see how people can't handle someone who's not fake. A few of those people have replied in this discussion thread . ;-)
 zonavar69
Msg: 15 (view)

Posted: 7/19/2018 2:24:25 AM

Telling them that you already met someone could tend to backfire. When they see that you haven't removed your profile -- they'll return.

Not just that either - if the person says "i'm going to take a break from dating" and either explicity say they are going to disable/delete their profile, but then they don't... Doesn't that make you feel that the person has just outright lied to you? Clearly we all 'play the field' in one way or another and that's a common way for women to do it.

I know that if someone fobs me off I just ignore them and move on regardless of how often they appear to be active on the site (or another site - it's amazing how many of us have profiles on multiple sites).

Speaking of being on multiple sites, it's often the case that people might 'drop' a profile on one site but keep others going. I guess its a measure of results. If a person gets one or more apparently genuine responses even when they're just fob-off's that's going to be more enticing than being on a site where all you get is b/s contacts and 'i want to meet you' winks from people in other states or other countries.
 zonavar69

Posted: 7/18/2018 4:09:42 AM
I've come across a new 'mature age' way of saying no without saying no.....

Quite a number of contacts here and on some other sites I use have been coming back with a version of this in recent times:

"Hi nice to meet you. You sound like a great guy! I'm afraid that just today I went on a really lovely date and I'm going to see him again this weekend. I'm going to give internet dating a break for a while and see how this goes. Thanks so much for your interest and I wish you all the best in your search."

At first I thought they might be legit, and they could well be, but it seems sus that they all use a similar approach of saying 'sorry but today I went on a really nice day with someone else therefore I am not interesting in dating you' ... As a mature person you tend to have a lot more suspicion about responses that don't seem to fit in with the common expectations of the fickle world of dating that's 10x more fickle for us in the 45+ age bracket.

Anyway just putting it out there for comment.
 zonavar69
Msg: 30 (view)

School re-unions as a dating plaform - are they?
Posted: 7/2/2018 11:39:59 AM
I guess a re-union creates hookups because by the time you get to having been out of school for 20+ years just about everyone has a lot of very different relationship experiences and that probably means a *lot* of people with bad experiences so someone from the past they used to know is a more 'safe' bet that a numpty off the street. ;-)

I present the real me in my profile - this is not a school re-union or uni alumni site so why have a 'lingerie photo shoot' type suite of pictures which is showing off the person that you want other people to perceive you as not the actual real you.
 zonavar69
Msg: 262 (view)

Older men's expectations
Posted: 6/22/2018 6:48:12 PM
The main expectation I have is that a woman must accept me at face value for who and what I am, not expect me to become a 'picture' of who and what she really wants in a partner at the expense of my own real genuine identity as a person.

Because all of us in our age group have 'baggage' in one form or another (normally children from a previous relationship whether they live with us or not [mine don't]) women have to accept that we all have a lot of previous life experience and it's not always nice, so we very quickly and often will set up roadblocks because we see 'flaggable' issues triggering as the 'getting to know you more' process goes along.

I'm sure women do exactly the same sort of thing, but how women approach it might be different because of the vast gulf between the average male and female psyche.

BTW I drive a 26 year old diesel Toyota landcruiser 80 series (aka Lexus LX450) and own a few similarly old European cars that are ongoing restoration projects. The 4wd and two of the three cars are manual gearbox jobs (ie. 'stick' shift). Auto's are for lazy people. ;-)
 zonavar69
Msg: 38 (view)

Does anyone entertain at home anymore?
Posted: 6/22/2018 6:42:25 PM
I think lots of people do entertain at home, but when dating someone it's still a v-e-r-y big step to actually invite/ask someone to your home for the first time.

I've had first dates at people's homes and most of the time they've gone very badly. My worst one was actually the third one after I split with my ex of 15 yrs about 7 yrs ago now and this woman who I thought was just wonderful met up at her house one night and almost immediately she was all over me like a rash wanting to have sex and that absolutely scared the daylights out of me. She was beautiful, and she has a lovely place, but umm just wanting to do directly from chatting to in bed. Whoa... Maybe I'd started dating much too soon after the seperation (ex and I were never married btw) and should have just left it for at least a year before trying anything 'sexy' again.
 zonavar69
Msg: 131 (view)

Do You Have Success On Coffee Date Meets?
Posted: 6/22/2018 6:32:14 PM

We are talking about a 1st meet between ordinary everyday people...

Indeed. Too many people on here and every other dating site gets hooked up on the belief that every meetup has to be a 'meetcute' like scenario or like a scene out of a TV show like Bachelor/Bachelorette, etc...

I think a 'coffee date' is probably one of the best ways to initially meet someone as you are going to know within 5 minutes or less if you feel any sort of connection. I only say that having never been on a coffee date and when I was trying to actively date a few years ago I had so many bad experiences I gave up and really haven't feel the interest or need to 'pursue' meetups for the express purpose of triggering potential romantic interest.

I suppose if a person does agree to meet up then there already is an intention of triggering romantic attraction otherwise the meetup wouldn't happen in the first place. ;-) Does that sound fair? I've spent a good 1/4 of my life or more living along so the concept of continuing that doesn't scare me - so perhaps that's where I get the realistic understanding of dating being mostly a game of smoke and mirrors and nothing at all like it's painted to be on TV, etc.
 zonavar69

School re-unions as a dating plaform - are they?
Posted: 6/22/2018 6:23:32 PM
School re-unions make me want to puke, but as mature people what do you think of them in terms of being a potential dating platform given that it supposedly 're-connects' you with past associations from high school days?

I look at a re-union like a wedding - far too many people in the same place at the same time. ;-)
 zonavar69
Msg: 76 (view)

The feminist man-hating agenda undertone is most women's profiles
Posted: 6/22/2018 6:17:55 PM
Yes, and it's damn difficult as a guy to take any sort of decent selfie as a guy doesn't have cleavage to show off in a photo sexy figure-flattering attire like women are gifted with, and I have facial hair because I like it and I'm comfortable with my appearance. I'm not alpha, and never try to be. I am me and my pics and profile as genuine and the real me. If it turns off 99.9 percent of women who actually chose to view my profile, that's fine. That just proves that most female profiles are actually fakes. ;-)

I don't want any feminist agendas or comparisons to ex-partners. it's pretty simple stuff but sooooo many women cannot handle a guy actually standing up and saying it because they immediately tarnish that person with a pseudo-#metoo type cloud.
 zonavar69
Msg: 116 (view)

Posted: 6/22/2018 6:42:24 AM
No - never had success with coffee date meets but then again I've hardly had any meets full-stop. Still never had one through POF - have had a few (like more than 1 but far less than 10) through other similar sites but always don't lead to anything.
 zonavar69
Msg: 88 (view)

Just stop making excuses.
Posted: 6/22/2018 6:39:27 AM
If we all followed Kenny's PUA Thoughts or the likes of Vin Di-Carlo we'd believe that any woman can be 'turned on' in a way she can't resist, but a lot of that comes down to self-confidence and if you don't have that in spades your approaches are doomed as you're spotted as a loser from a mile off.

I've only every heard of the banana thing being used by women to 'signal' to other women that they are lesbian/bi and want to hook up. I couldn't see it working with guys and girls 'signalling' to each other.
 zonavar69
Msg: 67 (view)

The woman hating agenda undertone is most men's profiles
Posted: 6/22/2018 6:35:17 AM

Mature men are generally divorced dad's with kids

Every woman 30+ is seperated/divorced with kids. Half the problem with mature dating is that everyone has some sort of baggage, and if you deny you have any you're probably lying.

To me, a woman who's beautiful in mind and spirit is a temple, and the physical beauty isn't so important. But try finding a woman with that combination who isn't tainted by past experiences. Us men are just as tainted. I know I am and I'm the first to admit I'm not perfect in the romance and relationship department.
 zonavar69
Msg: 113 (view)

Posted: 6/9/2018 4:22:08 AM
It's hard enough to actually convince a woman on her to agree to meet for a coffee, so really don't know as I've not yet had a real meetup from this site.
 zonavar69

BIB method of dating....
Posted: 6/9/2018 4:20:54 AM
I used to think this was something a women used to indicate she wanted another woman, but perhaps this is just an interesting variation on that theme of how placement of a banana in one's shopping trolley signifies availability and type of interest... 8-)

"I discovered that the hottest trend to hit the dating vista was happening at my very own local supermarket. Labeled the "BIB" method, (Banana in Basket), this meet-and-greet technique is where one unattached female shopper, (dressed in skinny jeans and her favourite heels), struts her stuff down the supermarket aisles on Monday nights between 9 and 10:30pm, with a bunch of bananas in the baby seat of her trolley.

And walking down the other side of the aisle? An eligible bachelor, in his newest Polo T-shirt and faded denim jeans with his very own BIB (Banana in Basket). This signals to the female shopper that yes, he is indeed single, and looking. "

OMG do people really actually do stuff like this?
 zonavar69
Msg: 51 (view)

How likely would 52 y/o man be interested in 35 y/o woman?
Posted: 5/19/2018 12:11:44 AM
I hate facebook now and find it such an annoyance. Dating sites that insist/require linking to facebook such as Tinder, Bumble, etc. produce no results ever, just like here and most others.

You might get a very rare occasional first (or second if you're lucky) response, then nothing.

Given that most women 25 to 60 on all dating sites are single mums with kids, unless you are seen as a 'fit' into that existing family dynamic there's no chance of anything positive happening.

Single women with kids tend to be jaded by past relationship breakdowns, so it's a lot harder for us older men to have any chance with women in the 30 to about 55 range as that's generally the most common range where kids still live at home.

And there's the other perception too that a man who has kids that don't live with him is a 'dud' parent figure. Go figure. ;-) I'd be really suspicious of being approached by a woman more than about 10 yrs younger (so younger than about 40) but I've never been 'chased' by any woman so really have no idea what that would be like, or how to react to it.
 zonavar69

The feminist man-hating agenda undertone is most women's profiles
Posted: 5/18/2018 11:24:16 PM
Mature women are generally single mums with kids. We all know that when approaching someone mature there's going to be baggage of some kind. The type I can't stand the most is single women who almost 'hold a grudge' against men in general and present a feminist man-hating agenda.

It seems to be incredibly common because women are jaded by past relationship breakdowns and/or have been 'jilted' somewhere along the pathway through life.

Seriously - get over it and start accepting us mature guys for what we are - people with a lot of life experience and (in general) a cool head for common sense and decency.
 zonavar69
Msg: 15 (view)

Mirror, mirror on the wall...
Posted: 4/7/2018 1:04:04 AM
Hardest thing I find is that my work (irregular shiftwork - industrial job - casual - no predictable roster) wrecks any chance to have any kind of normal social life. Has been that was for 25 years (except mostly in full-time employment not casual).

As an older person (50 this year!) women on here have kids and will have already one one or many previous partners, and men like myself are just confused because every profile seems fake and women's expectations at the 40+ range seem to be impossible to pin down.

If anything, dis-illusionment is the biggest factor. It's a form of depression I suppose, but all we can do is embrace who/what we are and put the honest picture of ourselves out there realising that 1 percent of men are the 'alpha' type that 100 percent of the women on dating sites want, and alpha types almost never use (or need to use!) dating sites! Kind of knocks the legs out from the horse before the horse has even had a chance to stand up...
 zonavar69
Msg: 6 (view)

Saw this on someone's profile, if you click MeetMe, so see you they must upgrade..
Posted: 3/13/2018 5:02:07 PM
All I ever get through the 'meet me' thing is fake/scam/spam profile responses.

This is one of the prime features on most dating sites that is used to seduce people to subscribe to high-end paid services because until you do subscribe you're blocked from most things. POF at least lets you see profiles. Doesn't mean it's any less flooded with scam and fake profiles though! Romance scamming is massive business nowadays.
 zonavar69
Msg: 34 (view)

How likely would 52 y/o man be interested in 35 y/o woman?
Posted: 3/13/2018 4:58:34 PM
I'm almost 50, and I'm honestly normally looking for people within a 5 year range either side (so 45 to 55) but my past relationships have all been with women 7 to 8 yrs younger than myself.

35 y/o is considered 'mature' by most people I think, and someone around 50 is also 'mature' so the age factor probably isn't such a big issue as it would be for a 60+ y/o dating a 20-something.

Fitness level is an interesting one - obviously age had a big role in reduction of fitness physically (which also means sexually) but often if someone believes/feels in their mind they are younger than their actual age they can have very good physical/sexual fitness coupled with very awesome moral/emotional grounding.

I hope this helps.
 zonavar69
Msg: 32 (view)

Are there any Stepfords who aren't churchy?
Posted: 1/26/2018 11:38:36 PM

I'd really like someone to sit silently in the corner looking pretty and only come when I call her. Problem is that every one of those that I have ever met came with Jesus.

Eharmony is the Christian dating website of choice - it advertises itself as being all about 'commitment' and 'values'. POF is not. Tinder is not. Badoo is not. is not. RSVP is not. Born-again bible bashers are fishing in the wrong pond if they're on this site! 8-)

But one thing I see is a *lot* of people call themselves 'christian' almost like it's a 'missile defence shield' against non-religious people. They're easy to skip over. I'm non-religious and don't hide it.
 zonavar69
Msg: 17 (view)

Never been married suddenly at 50 you wanna marry someone REALLY
Posted: 1/26/2018 11:31:40 PM
I never want to get married. I guess that makes me odd in terms of mature men.

In my last long term relationship of 15 years (out of which I have three great now teenage kids) I was not married and had no intention of it. My ex partner got married (after she and I split up) to the guy she was sleeping with behind my back which was the main cause of the relationship ending. They now live together with my kids. My kids hate it.

I suppose it would seem strange to a woman for a guy who confesses to having never being married before wanting to get married now when he's 50+ (I'm 49 btw).

I cannot stand people who equate 'marriage' to 'showing commitment' and if someone's never been married they cannot fathom or conceptualise what a religious person sees as 'true commitment through marriage'.
 zonavar69
Msg: 225 (view)

Women on POF with kids
Posted: 11/25/2017 3:02:33 AM

the main freedom that exists is porking others.

You must be one of the lucky few men using POF who do actually get to 'pork' women in normal every day life. ;-) For many of us it's something that's rare (is for me - last 10 years probably 3 to 4 times a year at best) but nice to wish for hey.

Hardest thing is looking at all of the search results and considering any of them genuine. 99.9999999 pct that show up are fake, and that gives very poor odds for finding people who actually respond, seem genuine, and are willing to communicate more than once back and forth.
 zonavar69
Msg: 437 (view)

Why do older Men think like they are teenagers. Wanting to know about Sex first?
Posted: 11/7/2017 8:40:16 PM
Dating sites, esp. this one and others in the match.com portfolio, are sex hookup sites. Pure and simple. No point pretending they aren't just a different version of Tinder, etc.
 zonavar69
Msg: 222 (view)

Women on POF with kids
Posted: 11/7/2017 8:37:03 PM
Almost every woman in our age group has kids. It's a given that every women, regardless of whether the profile is fake or not, has kid connections.

If a women in our age group says she has no children, that would be quite unusual, but there definitely are women 40+ who have never had children.

What you need to watch out for is women 40+ saying they want kids (or more kids). Red flag.
 zonavar69
Msg: 135 (view)

MARKUS AKA BIG FISH IS BEHIND THE CARNAGE HERE
Posted: 11/7/2017 8:33:07 PM
Why would Markus care? POF is owned by match.com and match owns a huge number of other dating sites so what happens on one site is just a very tiny part of the massive profits match.com makes from all the men subscribing to paid services (admittedly I'm one) hoping to increase their 'get lucky' chances. As everyone will testify to, it's really a myth and only a very small percentage of people find genuine lasting connections. That's why dating sites are so immensely profitable and lucrative to own.

Show ALL Forums