Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Do you believe pride is a sin?
 ibakecakes
Msg: 4 (view)

Do you believe pride is a sin?
Posted: 4/25/2017 1:59:03 PM
I watched that program Kirk, along with the thing about the queen earlier this year. Though I wouldn't consider myself a royalist, I was impressed by just how much each of them do every day despite their age. He is considered to be a very private man and I suspect that he didn't really want people fawning over him and praising him for something that he just saw as being an idea he had to help young people get ahead despite difficult circumstances
 ibakecakes
Msg: 1 (view)

Music that stirs the soul
Posted: 4/22/2017 4:12:41 AM
Having a trawl through some old music in an iPod today and am amazed at how much of it brings back such vivid memories and how much music moves me.
So what stirs your soul in that way? This is a particular one. Loved the film but am a massive admirer of Thomas Newmans ability to perfectly create something so right to match the scene
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=julOT8OYW2o
 ibakecakes
Msg: 25 (view)

What are you attracted to?
Posted: 4/22/2017 4:09:28 AM
C*CK

Pulse helps
 ibakecakes
Msg: 35 (view)

The UK forumite meet
Posted: 4/21/2017 10:18:04 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaand back to the business in hand!
Croydon nearer for me and has good travel links from outside Happy to have drinks and food this time then camping next time if that's the majority?
 ibakecakes
Msg: 6 (view)

I'd like to get to know you more...
Posted: 4/19/2017 11:51:36 PM
Morning lovelies. Well as some of you may know, I spent a large portion of my adult career as a copper until a motorbike RTA sent me out the job on a medical retirement. Now I work in a wonderful special school managing the learning and support team. Out of the 100 students aged 4-19, 95 are wheelchair users, many can't speak so have the most amazing assisted technology to allow them to communicate with us. It's a truly humbling job at times due to seeing just how much kids can overcome and achieve despite seemingly overwhelming odds
 ibakecakes
Msg: 28 (view)

Can you be arsed to arse around?
Posted: 4/19/2017 2:04:30 PM
*Cakes wanders in to see what all this strange thread is about*

Ok, so my twopennoth worth is this. Women or men for that matter who solely dress in nippleless, crotchless outfits because it is demanded of them are a bit barking. Same with sorting out your hairy mary.
My own feelings are that I actually like dressing sexily under normal clothes as someone else said. I agree with the boys when they said that its very sexy to get a hint of something nice underneath rather than a pvc clad kipper who has shaved off so much hair that her mary looks like a chicken.
Im in the whole stockings and suspenders are sexy camp too...................hold ups, WTAF are they about? They get a mind of their own and start rolling down your leg leaving a weird sausage effect and horrible lines on the thighs.
But again, I like sexy pants on a bloke. I may have experienced a man in silk pants recently and the feel of it was spectacular..................
Each to their own I say. If I want to dress sexy then it will be for me and for some lucky bloke to experience possibly by chance.
 ibakecakes
Msg: 7 (view)

ashes to ashes ... dust to dust.
Posted: 4/17/2017 2:03:22 PM
Correct me if im wrong but doesn't reincarnation work in the way that if you are judged to be wanting and having been a bad bad girl, you come back as a lower life form???
So it would have to be 2 or 3 for me then hahahaahahahahahahah

No offence chaps
 ibakecakes
Msg: 5 (view)

Second chances
Posted: 4/16/2017 11:13:52 AM
I have done in the past due to a relationship ending due to other people's input/opinions etc. However I firmly believe that whatever was wrong with a relationship the first time will still be wrong with it the 2nd, 3rd whatever......so now I wouldn't
 ibakecakes
Msg: 8 (view)

Spank me
Posted: 4/15/2017 12:51:07 PM
Might be an idea to find out roughly where everyone is? Im in Surrey just off the M25 so can get most places fairly easily
 ibakecakes
Msg: 2 (view)

Spank me
Posted: 4/15/2017 12:15:37 PM
I'm up for spanking..............will bring my own paddle

3rd or 24th suits me at the mo
 ibakecakes

Do you care about people's feelings?
Posted: 4/15/2017 12:43:42 AM
Morning lovely,
This is an interesting post for me. Recently I finished at my current job and start a new one this week. For my leaving speech, I gave what I considered a funny, slightly rude speech with amusing stories of things that have happened at work during the last 3 years. What I hadn't considered though was that there were certain people who listened to the speech and thought that I was digging them out, deliberately taking the mickey out of them and just in general did not see the humour. Since them I've slagged off by one of the senior management for being unprofessional and had several people remove me from social media.
At the start I was full of indignant rage about this. I thought o myself that they must be a bunch of total bellends who had no sense of humour and who, after 3 years, clearly didn't get me an my humour at all. Having had time to think about it since then, I've come to realise that perhaps I dropped the ball a bit. I'm usually someone who thinks carefully about how what I do impacts on others and quite clearly in this case, I upset people by what I said, even though in my mind I didn't mean it like they thought I did. Like I always say to ids I work with for emotional and social skills, sometimes if you upset someone despite not meaning it, you have to man the **** up and admit you got it wrong. So that's what I did. Yes, there are still people who's opinions I don't give a shite about, who have simply got no SOH but others who I thought had and therefore I needed to make amends.
 ibakecakes
Msg: 14 (view)

The kids question
Posted: 4/14/2017 11:24:38 PM
Interesting point Kirk. I think that however the questions were phased, it would still leave it open to personal interpretation. Probably you do have to establish these things and what you do and don't want in the first few messages.
I also think that sometimes people are not altogether truthful in what they put sue to not wanting to come across a certain way. For instance, I don't want a relationship particularly. However I am somewhat reluctant to lay myself open to just constant offers of 'adult fun' I suppose like everything else it's down to good old communication
 ibakecakes
Msg: 26 (view)

How did you decide to become a parent?
Posted: 4/14/2017 2:56:15 PM
Great thread people.
For me, I felt very strongly that I wanted to be a mum from when I was quite young. Couldn't tell you why, I think I just wanted to impart all the knowledge I have learnt in life to have children grow up being great people. Both times, I had assisted conception so my 3 children (twins the second time incase anyone thinks I cant count!!) were very much wanted, anyone who has had IVF will tell you that it can be a soul destroying experience. But I was older when I had them, 32 the first time and 36 the second so I hope that I had lived my life a bit first before starting down that road.
I've found motherhood fairly easy, I'm glad I had one first before the twins as I learnt that sometimes babies just cry for the sake of it!! My 3 are a constant delight to me and make me proud every day. Yes there have been some days where they squabble and drive me insane but they are the sort of children who people say are a credit to me so I am fairly certain I've done something right. They are now all growing up to be wonderful young adults who I am so proud to call their mum. I have a great relationship with them all, all their mates think I am a slightly lunatic mum but know that I am always there for all of them and their friends and will support them always.
Parenthood is the best job ever, despite the appalling pay, long hours and sometimes soul destroying times where they drive u round the bend. I love it
 ibakecakes
Msg: 53 (view)

Old Forumites
Posted: 4/14/2017 10:06:49 AM
OMG I'd forgotten about him! Great posts while women fell over themselves to flatter 'him'
 ibakecakes
Msg: 58 (view)

Breville Toastie
Posted: 4/14/2017 10:02:24 AM
Cheese and pickle. Even if you burn the bejesus out of your mouth every time!!
 ibakecakes
Msg: 11 (view)

Lying about one's age.
Posted: 4/13/2017 3:07:26 PM
^^^^^
It was an educational program about Super Orgasms your honour.

Oh. Not me

Carry on

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 ibakecakes
Msg: 8 (view)

Lying about one's age.
Posted: 4/13/2017 2:38:07 PM
[M O I S T]

Bite me

Bollox VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV who made this stupid rule

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 ibakecakes

Really? Youre making an arse of yourself.....
Posted: 4/13/2017 1:59:28 PM
Doesn't seem to be. Just a fashion statement so you can get a selfie (bumie?) of your behind..................
 ibakecakes

Lying about one's age.
Posted: 4/13/2017 1:45:50 PM
[ i've lied about the size of my c0ck though, didn't wanna scare them off. ]

That's why your profile says 'must own magnifying glass and tweezers?? x
 ibakecakes

Really? Youre making an arse of yourself.....
Posted: 4/13/2017 1:44:31 PM
Just seen that a French clothing brand have just put up for sale jeans which have a zip running from the rear waistband, down the whole way to your bum. The reasoning behind (see what I did there!) this is so that you can get your arse out for pics to splash over social media. I thought wrongly that it was easier to have a poo but there you go.
anyone else wonder what in holy f*ck these designers are on? Seemingly every new items of clothing is merely designed so that increasingly more and more flesh is on display. IMO this just makes it more and more likely for young impressionable teens to dress in ways that give the wrong impression, just in the name of fashion. Now before anyone jumps on this, I'm not saying that women dressing with lots of flesh out are 'asking for it' or anything like that.
 ibakecakes

Lying about one's age.
Posted: 4/13/2017 1:30:25 PM
I reckon that if the truth came out, a woman would wonder whether, if you lie about that, you probably lie about all manner f other stuff.
I once met a guy from here who said he was 25..................his profile pictures when I met him were at least 5 years and 5 stone out of date. Do people think that you wont realise?? Fools
 ibakecakes
Msg: 32 (view)

Let's talk about driving songs
Posted: 4/13/2017 5:23:50 AM
I've got my bike!!
I'm in ❤️❤️❤️
Who needs a man....,

Ok that would be fun of a different kind!
 ibakecakes
Msg: 70 (view)

Do yuo feel caged in a relationship?
Posted: 4/12/2017 10:11:01 PM
I took the quiz out of interest and found that my main one is Words of Affirmation. That doesn't surprise me at all. I'm a big communicator in a relationship and if the guy can't or won't communicate then it will never work. Probably explains why I like talking dirty too..,,...the quiz told me to officer!!
 ibakecakes

Monogamy is man-made not-so-new-age garbage.
Posted: 4/12/2017 1:05:32 PM
I watched a documentary recently about Mormons where it followed 2 men in the USA, one who had 2 current 'wives' and was about to take another one, the other had 3 wives one of whom was again pregnant. It was interesting to see their views on this. In the case where one wife was pregnant, she really struggled when he then went out with one of the other wives on date night due to insecurities about her body now she was expecting. It made me understand that even if this is what you view as the norm, there can still be massive issues.
Myself, its not something I've ever experienced. I think I was brought up with the understanding that there was only ever 2 people in a relationship. Not sure I would be happy with it as underneath it all, I believe that so many problems in relationships are caused by jealousy due to a belief, real or otherwise, that your partner no longer finds you the most attractive and perfect partner for them.
 ibakecakes
Msg: 60 (view)

Posted: 4/12/2017 8:33:20 AM
I think that sometimes where relationships go astray is when the 'give and take' element gets out of kilter. I have found in the past that I did almost all the giving in a LTR and the other person did all the taking. That seems to be a sure fire way for something never to be able to work. Things need to be on a much more even footing with the balance being far more even......just a thought
 ibakecakes
Msg: 44 (view)

Posted: 4/11/2017 12:05:46 PM
I'll have a Koppaberg..........perfect on a sunny afternoon. Have bike so will travel!
 ibakecakes
Msg: 37 (view)

Posted: 4/11/2017 6:46:25 AM
Lots of interesting thoughts and experience here. I saw something last night which kind of summed it up for me. "Be the change you want to see" and for me that translated into not being prepared to settle anymore for things that truly didn't make me happy but were what I had lived with for some time due to perhaps being afraid of what the change might bring. Having said that, making small changes can have massive effects and usually for the better
 ibakecakes
Msg: 3 (view)

Whats the funniest mistaken conversation you ever had??
Posted: 4/10/2017 9:58:52 AM
My mother is quite technically savvy. Having said that, when she got her first mobile phone she used to put a fullstop between every word as she couldn't find the space bar.........
 ibakecakes
Msg: 14 (view)

It's the wee pleasures that make life worth livin innit?
Posted: 4/10/2017 9:35:36 AM
[they properly throb on tickover...........i bet this bike never leaves your garage!]

Are you suggesting I might need something bigger than the norm from the naughty cupboard vibrating between my legs.............
 ibakecakes

Whats the funniest mistaken conversation you ever had??
Posted: 4/10/2017 9:32:04 AM
Just had the funniest phone convo ever. It rings and the voice says 'Hi its Jackie' and as i know a few Jackie's I said hi. Then the voice said 'just wanted to congratulate you on your fab news!' I say 'thank you, which bit?' To which she replies 'That youre expecting a baby'............erm, I know I might have a few pounds extra but WTF!!!!

Turns out she has written the wrong number down for her friend Jodie......thank the lord.
 ibakecakes
Msg: 12 (view)

Posted: 4/10/2017 9:08:17 AM
Bought myself a rather beautiful Yamaha Virago......all shiny chrome and very sexy. I cant ride sports bikes due to the position (after smashing up my body in a bike accident years ago haha) so this will allow me the wonderful freedom of a bike without the pain of the wrong position. Oooooo errrrrrrr
 ibakecakes

Posted: 4/10/2017 6:44:54 AM
I've just been out for a drive..... and bought a motorbike haha. So that will be my very new pleasure.
Others, well I am beyond excited that the new series of Prison Break returns tonight so don't expect any sense from me between 9 and 10
 ibakecakes
Msg: 13 (view)

Education? Is it worth it?
Posted: 4/10/2017 2:59:46 AM
I am currently looking into uni places for my eldest so have all that financial joy to come. The good thing is that the student loan situation these days makes it in theory possible for all to access. You only start to pay it back when you earn over a certain amount and even then it's not a fortune a month. Also, after a certain amount of years, the debt is cancelled. I like the idea of my children going if they choose to do so. Mine are all very good at maths so I think it's worth them doing maths degrees if they choose. Will keep you updated as I go through the process.
 ibakecakes
Msg: 24 (view)

Posted: 4/10/2017 2:53:49 AM
I tried to message you as well Jelly and I'm too old for you. *sob*
 ibakecakes
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 4/9/2017 11:53:55 AM
It heartens me no end when I hear stories of other people's lives and how they suffer for so long before that moment of clarity when they realise that they are worth more than that and then manage to turn their lives around and bloom into the people they are now. I think it shows amazing strength of character from you all and like Jelly said, no-one should ever feel embarrassed that it takes a long time to move on from that. To hear people say that they have overcome really terrible pasts and now have a positive view on the future is so heartening and shows us that there really is hope for all our futures with that perfect person for us all even if they haven't found their way to us yet.
Sending giant Cakey cyber hugs to all <3 x
 ibakecakes

How far do you push yourself?
Posted: 4/9/2017 11:25:15 AM
I recently arranged a charity event for my school where the kids stair climbed the height of Kilimanjaro. During my research, I learnt that in 2012 Kyle Maynard, who has no forearms or lower legs, crawled unassisted to the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro. I am in complete awe of those who against seemingly impossible odds find the strength to do things that even us able bodied people would never even attempt.
So, how far do you push yourself? Are you the sort who will regularly step out of the box and do things which really truly push you and the boundaries you may have? Perhaps we can all take a lesson from inspirational people in the future?
 ibakecakes

I like it with the lights on
Posted: 4/9/2017 9:33:53 AM
To be honest Psycho, neither would I ..........
 ibakecakes
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 4/9/2017 7:26:33 AM
Interesting observation there Mr KY. For me in my last LTR, I didn't ever live with him. So for the majority of the time, I was alone with my children. However, every other weekend and longer periods in the holidays, I was alone. Yes, the man thing would visit and we would spend time together but never for lengths of time unless we had a holiday would he be with me.
I enjoy my freedom, I'm able to be quite self critical alone(that's possibly the wrong word but I'll think on it) and work things out in my head as to how a situation went or if I could have done things better. I have a great circle of friends who give me what I want in a support role, plus if I cant do things myself around the house, I'm bound to know a
(wo)man who can. Where I have in the past looked enviously at other people's relationships is in the evenings when the children were smaller. Then I would have welcomed someone's company to talk to, just about silly stuff and life in general, an enquiry as to my day etc etc however with the rise in methods of communication theses days, I very rarely spend my evenings 'alone'
 ibakecakes

Posted: 4/9/2017 6:09:24 AM
Afternoon peeps,
I read an article earlier where a woman was discussing the reasons why she is single. In it, she says that her biggest fear is that her imagination/interior life would collapse if she had to share it with another person and that she was afraid that she was too selfish to make compromises for someone else.
In a recent conversation with a wise friend, we discussed why we both liked being single and this feeling of having to not be yourself and having to compromise for the other person and sometimes merely live your life in the way they wanted was something that came up.
So what do you think are the real issues for you in regard to relationships? I now know that I am not prepared to 'settle' for something that stifles me as a person, even though I am someone who naturally wants to please others, especially those who I am in a relationship with.
 ibakecakes

Education? Is it worth it?
Posted: 4/8/2017 4:35:27 PM
Strangely when I finished school and A levels, I had no desire to go to any sort of further education and therefore started out in the working world. At the age of 40, I then decided that perhaps it would be good to do something useful to stop my little grey cells seizing up completely. I therefore started doing one or two interesting FE courses and followed them up with a degree in Psychology and Criminology. Ive enjoyed coming back into education and actually in my work, I have learnt shed loads that I didn't know before. My eldest is now in the first year of college and I'm encouraging her to go to Uni if that's her choice which it looks like it will be. However if she chooses to instead start work then I will be fine with that too. I think degrees can open doors to you that perhaps wouldn't be opened without them but judging by all the stats I read, its no guarantee for a decent job either way........
 ibakecakes
Msg: 40 (view)

Celebrity Crush?
Posted: 4/8/2017 5:02:20 AM
When I see David Gandy on the side of a bus, he'd get it. Wentworth Miller who really should be my boyfriend even tho he's gay, only cos he obviously hasn't met me yet. Oh and I once had an erotic dream about me and Cain Dingle from Emmerdale in a hay barn...,
 ibakecakes

What store do you put in first impressions?
Posted: 4/8/2017 2:29:37 AM
^^^^
Thank god, there's hope for me yet then!
 ibakecakes
Msg: 48 (view)

Old Forumites
Posted: 4/8/2017 2:28:33 AM
Great thread this is. So many names bringing up a host of memories. Still think that my old garden never recovered from 'Fireworks and Fairycakes' with the maddest bunch of people I've had the fortune to meet!
Think we need to arrange a forum get together for posters new and old as it's undoubtably good to put faces to names. Anyone fancy it?
 ibakecakes

Posted: 4/7/2017 11:43:46 PM
Flutterby, you don't judge people by cleavage? Dammit, I was hoping that you might invite me round for a bit if lady action later if I bring the whipped cream....
 ibakecakes

I like it with the lights on
Posted: 4/7/2017 10:32:57 PM
Surrey Ciunty Council have seen fit in their latest cost cutting exercise to turn the street lighting off in side roads between 11pm and 5am. This however is proving quite trying for residents. It's quite tricky to negotiate my front bush in the dark I find. Often you have to actually use your hands to get round it before you get in. Add to that the fact that getting up my back passage without some illumination is now jolly tiresome and you can see my problems. I think I should make communication on these matters with the council. And probably get a man in to sort my bush out with his big tool.

So what do you think? Lights on or off
 ibakecakes

Posted: 4/7/2017 4:39:22 PM
Went out for dinner this evening with some girlfriends and one had invited a friend who I didn't know. From the off, this woman looked down her nose at me. Think she was offended by the fact that I had cleavage on display, that I wasn't wearing expensive designer gear, that my children didn't go to private school and that I don't live in her , self proclaimed, better postcode.
She then proceeded to get so w*nkered that she couldn't string a sentence together then fell off her chair. So what store do you put in first impressions? For me, I'll give most people a chance to see if they float my boat or have something interesting to say before making an informed decision about them. Thoughts?
 ibakecakes

Hey there ;)........oh just fcuk off!!!!
Posted: 4/7/2017 4:32:01 PM
I think this feature is for the perhaps lazy or shy women who don't want to be seen to be a total slut for making first contact. Sadly I don't seem to have that problem. Sluts r us
 ibakecakes

How do you eat yours?
Posted: 4/7/2017 4:30:04 PM
Bloody hell. I thought this was about crime eggs and was going to talk about biting the top off, sticking my tongue in and lucking all the goo out! Now I find out you wanna know how I like my muff! Well obviously only in a Wednesday.
As far as a chap is concerned, trimmed back please boys. Once dated a guy and you seriously couldn't see the wood for the trees. No lie, he had a hairy shaft up to about 3 inch mark. Bleurghhhhh. I accidentally attacked him with Veet after having to almost use a machete to get down to business...
 ibakecakes

The Clooney effect - old men getting ever younger birds
Posted: 4/7/2017 4:51:58 AM
Do people really pay that much attention to age differences when looking to date? On this site I've chatted and met for dates with a real range, from age 30 to late 50's. As far as I'm concerned I'm looking for someone who sparks some interest either in their profile or on how they debate on the forums. You can usually tell within a few lines whether it's worth meeting them, usually the classics 'want some adult fun' or a tasteless shot of their trouser brain or in one case, a video of them 'accidentally' w*nking whether they are worth my time.
 ibakecakes

Bet you can't......
Posted: 4/6/2017 11:06:09 PM
post on this thread without slagging off another poster!

Simple rules. Argue your point without resorting to name calling, hair pulling, suggestions as to their sexual orientation, diving, bombing or petting.
The topic - what sort of debater/arguer are you? Should you only ever argue on a point which you feel passionately about and can put forward a decent debate? If a person resorts to the above behaviour is that an indication of weakness, no reasoned point or merely that they have no basis to be debating with you in the first place? Do you lurk and watch the state of play and suss out your opponents weaknesses before delivering the killer blow or do you dive in, all guns blazing, leaving a trail of destruction in your wake and sobbing participants in the wings?

Show me your best bits people!

Show ALL Forums